Forums
New
Pages (97) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 26, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
Mai mai miracle ....awwwwww thats the best i can come up with
May 26, 2013 4:26 PM

Sep 2012
Never Let Me Go. Generally speaking it was an alright movie. By no means did it stand up to the book but seriously when does that ever happen? Acting was pretty good. Carrie Mulligan :)
May 27, 2013 12:17 AM
May 2013
Watched Iron Man 3. The movie looked really great, much much better than the previous one (Iron Man 2). It's just weird if RDJ won't become Stark for its next movie.
May 27, 2013 12:43 AM

Nov 2012
jumping on with iron man 3

holy crap i love RDJ man oh man
im kinda sad thats it but hey
though i wonder if avengers will be set before this?? because i think its pretty obvious ''iron man'' is over.
May 27, 2013 3:20 AM

Oct 2012
menthia said:
jumping on with iron man 3

holy crap i love RDJ man oh man
im kinda sad thats it but hey
though i wonder if avengers will be set before this?? because i think its pretty obvious ''iron man'' is over.

He will be back, he is in negotiations with marvel at the moment but they are pretty well known for trying to pay as little as possible for staff. I heard that he got Disney involved (They bought marvel a while back) marvel might have held out but Disney are smart enough to pay to keep him I'm sure
May 27, 2013 3:21 AM
May 2013
With the kind of hype and appreciation from people. imho, i might even say that the franchise can be compared w/ large superhero series like superman and batman. Ii think iron man 4 is a no-brainer for marvel. the worst case that could happen would be the movie w/o RDJ

OT- Shutter Island. watched it again. the movie is priceless and kept me thinking why the movie receives too much negative reviews.
May 27, 2013 6:57 AM

May 2009
Epic...

I think I'm becoming jaded with 3D 'awesomeness'. They're not so awesome anymore. I should have just watched Ran->Sem: Hakudaku Delmo Tsuma no Miira Tori in the comfort of my h...computer.

It was okay. It's just not so entertaining. A few laughs and some eye candy.

Oh, I know. I'm not the target audience.
May 27, 2013 10:02 AM

May 2013
Total Recall (Paul Verhoeven) A childhood favorite. Still great after all these years

Naked Lunch (David Cronenberg) A weird little fun flick.

The State of Things (Wim Wenders) I did not really care for this movie. It's just so boring and pretentious. Not for me.
May 27, 2013 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
Fast and Furious 6

Was nice to watch and quite funny at some bits, but at the end I got mind fucked.
Most of the characters were supposed to be dead tbh LOL.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

May 30, 2013 9:01 AM

Oct 2012
Judge Dread - nothing special but it was good enough for what it was.
May 30, 2013 12:03 PM

Mar 2013
Peten00b said:
Fast and Furious 6

Was nice to watch and quite funny at some bits, but at the end I got mind fucked.
Most of the characters were supposed to be dead tbh LOL.

I watched like 2 minutes, I heard Vin Diesel make a joke and I stopped the movie.
Looked like shit.

FullmetalFanatic said:
The Hunger Games

I enjoyed it a lot. There were a couple of changes from the book but I still think it was a perfect adaptation.

Perfect ?
Dude, this movie wasn't perfect at all.
May 30, 2013 12:19 PM

Mar 2013
A Good Day to Die Hard - WTF did I just watch? Pile of shit, but not bad enough to be entertaining. You would be better off spending 2 hours fapping with a cheese grater.

Dredd was quite entertaining, Judge Dredd was near unwatchable.

LostOddity said:
Judge Dread - nothing special but it was good enough for what it was.
May 30, 2013 2:12 PM

Jan 2013
Butterfly Effect (again)
still a good movie
May 30, 2013 5:42 PM

May 2013
Fast 6. 8furious16me.

Honestly though, you have to know what you're getting into to enjoy Fast and Furious. It's obviously ridiculous and terrible, but it doesn't take itself seriously whatsoever, and thankfully it is enjoyable with a group of friends.

I'd go see Iron Man 3 but I've been sleepin' on 2... :(
May 30, 2013 9:19 PM
Aug 2012
Drunken Master II

It's been a long time since I've seen this movie - avoided watching the english dub version (Legend of Drunken Master). As it is watched some muxed version with Cantonese dub/music and video from the US release; don't care that they lopped off the very end bit on the US release (didn't really like that anyway), but unfortunately copy I watched had to use hard of hearing dubtitles.

Still fun. And even though there are ones with better fight scenes etc (DM1 for a start), it's still my favourite Jackie Chan movie. Some of it is rather cringeworthy - but that final fight scene is still awesome, and it moves along at a good clip. Alot of people bag Anita Mui's comedy ability in this (well she's not the greatest) - but her character does kinda remind me of some of my aunties...
May 30, 2013 9:37 PM
Apr 2012
Epic.

Eyecandy and some funny and tear jerking moments. Quite predictable and mediocre though.
May 31, 2013 4:20 AM

Dec 2012
Ohhhhh I watched Hobbit and I was disappointed because I am looking forward to the dragon;but, the movie ended without them engaging with the dragon :(
May 31, 2013 10:59 AM

May 2013
sweetmilk said:
Ohhhhh I watched Hobbit and I was disappointed because I am looking forward to the dragon;but, the movie ended without them engaging with the dragon :(

Look forward to the sequels then. I didn't really like the Hobbit movie that much myself, but I'm pretty stoked for the next one to come out.

The last movie I watched was A Colt is my Passport by Takashi Nomura (1967). It's another yakuza film about a hitman who is on the run after a job gets botched. He is tracked down by an enemy gang and eventually the gang that initially hired him.
The movie ends in an amazing gun fight. Like I've never seen released in the 60's. It's in black and white, and is very impressive stylistically.

GolyadkinMay 31, 2013 11:02 AM
May 31, 2013 10:44 PM

Nov 2012
Fast And Furious 6

**squeal mode ON

Jah was a badass fighter!! And he is my countryman!! WOOOOOOO!!!

**squeal mode OFF

Not a really great action movie, but still a decent and enjoyable one. Watched it for relieving my stress after my group's presentation at campus.
....of all the arts, for us the cinema is the most important.

-- Vladimir Lenin
May 31, 2013 10:57 PM

Mar 2012
Hangover Part III. It was okay. Better than the second movie but not nearly as good as the first. My favourite part was when they were in Chow's room with all the flashing lights and Sabbath music playing.
Jun 1, 2013 1:36 AM

Oct 2009
Django Unchained. Holy fucking shit. Now one of my favourite films. Absolutely stunning. The comedy worked really well too. Tarantino is a fucking genius.

Jun 1, 2013 9:11 AM

Mar 2013
SaberRitsu said:
Hangover Part III. It was okay. Better than the second movie but not nearly as good as the first. My favourite part was when they were in Chow's room with all the flashing lights and Sabbath music playing.

Part III was amazing! haha can't go wrong with chow and alan! I found it the best out of the three, and what happened to stew after the credits, priceless!
Jun 1, 2013 9:23 AM
May 2013
AbovePsycho said:
SaberRitsu said:

Part III was amazing! haha can't go wrong with chow and alan! I found it the best out of the three, and what happened to stew after the credits, priceless!

I just watched this movie yesterday and all I can say is EPIC the funniest movie I have watch this year
Jun 1, 2013 9:25 AM
Apr 2009
Star Trek Into Darkness was pretty good. I got teary eyed at one scene.
Jun 1, 2013 2:16 PM

May 2010
Saw a few things back to back.

Star Trek: Into Darkness - Great action scenes and acting, but horrendous writing. Even with my brain turned off it wanted me to take it seriously and it went in a different direction than the film before it, into stupidly grimdark territory. No thanks.

The Great Gatsby - This book is impossible to adapt without destroying the message of the original novel, isn't it? The cinematography is beautiful (despite forced 3D) and Leo pulls off his role REALLY well, but the film comes across as a celebration of the jazz age instead of the original novel's disillusionment of said age.

Iron Man 3 - It's nice to see the director of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang do more stuff, and this film fits in perfectly (if you ignore Iron Man 2, as you should) with the movie canon. It humanizes Tony Stark and is probably the strongest entry in the series, being a more serious entry. The acting was spot on, the production values were top-notch, and it was overall quite entertaining.
Jun 1, 2013 5:38 PM

Oct 2008
Dr Strangelove: Or ho....etc
Great film by the master of cinema and the world. An excellent and frequently funny satire. Many consider it the funniest movie ever but for me there were long stretches where I didn't laugh. Of course, during those stretches I was still marvelling at how cleverly it exposed the flaws of American politics and the military. And the ending is amazing. I was bored at times though, during Kubrick's 'show everything that happens as it would realistically' scenes (aka flicking all the switches on the bomber planes, and actually most things to do with that bomber plane).

Leon: The Professional
Awesome style visually. The pacing was great too, never a dull moment. I was expecting to like Jean Reno's character a lot more, since he is awesome in other films I've seen him in. But I never really felt anything for him. Portman's character on the other hand was easy to feel for simply because she's a 12 year old girl who's been through hell and has come out seeking revenge. of course her entire character is completely unrealistic, and her relationship with leon doesn't make a lot of sense. the whole awkward romance thing was silly - i feel a father-daughter relationship would have been more believable and far more touching, but it never went completely down that road. as a crime/thriller movie this is fantastic, however it never really succeeded as a character drama for me. still good.
Jun 3, 2013 5:41 PM

Jul 2012
I might watch the movie Bambi for the first time soon.
Jun 7, 2013 7:09 AM

May 2013
Children of Men: Descent movie but a little overrated.
A Single Man: Best LGBT movie ever why did Colin Firth not get a Oscar for this movie?
The Social Network: Meh i don't see the hype over this film.
La Haine: It's freaking awesome.
Jul 2, 2013 8:12 AM
Apr 2013
2 fast 2 furious
it was alright kept me entertained
Jul 2, 2013 12:06 PM

Oct 2009
Sweeney Todd

I liked.
NO.
Jul 2, 2013 1:07 PM

May 2009
Man of Steel.

Go to this movie for the action, it's so fucking awesome. Story is so terribly paced. Like srsly, it has a bunch of plotholes. How can such a simple story have so much plotholes?

Also.

DOG.

That's all.
Jul 2, 2013 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
I watched "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" some days ago.
This movie was surprisingly good.
I expected a comedic teenie movie with a hint of romance.
But it was more of that, seriously. At first I was a little bit sceptical, because I don't like the actors that much, though. But they did an excellent job, Logan Lerman was too good.
I liked the setting of that movie aswell. The story goes deeper than you would expected, the movie is "smoother" and more atmospheric than I thought.

Check this movie out if you haven't done yet. A great movie, with an important message.

8/10
Jul 2, 2013 6:54 PM

Oct 2012
Kill bill 1+2, its really the only Tarantino movies I haven't seen yet. A++
Jul 2, 2013 6:56 PM

Jun 2013
World War Z, typical zombie movie, had potential but wasn't very creative

Jul 2, 2013 8:02 PM

Oct 2012
The Mask of Zorro- Excellent film. A whole lota fun with a great ensemble that has obvious chemistry. And let me speak of the romance between Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta Jones, that goes way beyond chemistry into straight up sexual tension. Some fantastic fight choreography give a real swashbuckling feel to the whole affair as well. I could go on and on but I think you get my point. This is what a summer blockbuster should be: fun, big action, and characters that you care about. Recommended if you like Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl or Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Edit: I almost forgot that it features one of the coolest movie explosions that I have ever seen.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jul 5, 2013 12:42 AM

Sep 2011
World War Z. A good zombie movie. But it deserves to be a miniseries instead.
Jul 5, 2013 1:00 AM

Oct 2010
i watched the halo movie

it sucked hardcore
it was a piece of shit
dont ask questions, just do answers
Jul 5, 2013 1:56 AM
Jun 2013
i watch dragon ball z.
Jul 5, 2013 4:37 AM

Feb 2012
Blade Runner is ***king epic! Father of all dystopia cyberpunk. GITS pays its tribute.
Jul 5, 2013 4:52 AM

Jul 2013
I don't watch many movies these days. I think the last movie I bothered going to see was Django Unchained. It was pretty badass and I enjoyed almost every second of it.
Jul 5, 2013 8:24 AM

Apr 2013
Die Welle - fairly interesting, well written and somewhat unnerving film based around the third wave, Palo Alto 1967 experiment. It shows you just how likely it is to pull people into a fascist system even in the more democratic western societies of today. If you've ever watched & enjoyed Das Experiment (based on the Stanford prison experiment of 1971) I'd highly recommend it.

-Athena-Jul 5, 2013 9:34 AM
Jul 5, 2013 8:28 AM

Jun 2013
The last one I watched was The Place Promised In Our Early Days. Good anime movie, calm and relaxing. The last American movie that I watched was World War Z, it was good enough, but not that great.
Jul 5, 2013 8:34 AM

Oct 2012
Seikunai said:
The last one I watched was The Place Promised In Our Early Days.

Man, I cried for the first two thirds of that movie. It's a good thing that it has a happy ending because I was emotionally drained by the end of the thing.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jul 5, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
This internship

Hey you remember the type of of movies that dodgeball was making fun of? All of those are in this film except this one isnt a parody nor the least bit funny

Seriously this movie goes exactly the way you'd expect. The only thing to laugh at about the film is what the onion did with it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 5, 2013 8:54 AM

Jul 2013
^
That movie does look fuckin stupid.
Jul 5, 2013 9:08 AM

Jun 2013
NickyCharisma said:
Seikunai said:
The last one I watched was The Place Promised In Our Early Days.

Man, I cried for the first two thirds of that movie. It's a good thing that it has a happy ending because I was emotionally drained by the end of the thing.
Same..
Jul 5, 2013 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
The Godfather.
I watched it a lot of times but it still gives me chills.
Jul 5, 2013 12:01 PM

Dec 2007
fast and the furious 6. was awesome (in my biased opinion) best fast and the furious since tokyo drift
Jul 5, 2013 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
The Heat ; it was hilarious!
Jul 5, 2013 2:33 PM
Jul 2012
World war Z Very great movie
Pages (97) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3428 by 3miL »»
1 hour ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7668 by ninjaberserker »»
1 hour ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - Apr 26

38 by scarydragon »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » share your latest song/album purchases

DreamingBeats - Nov 3, 2023

40 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 4:52 PM

» What album have you listened to the most this year?

MeanMrMusician - Mar 9

24 by m_alhafidz »»
Yesterday, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.