Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 28, 2012 11:53 AM

Dec 2009
Hey MAL community, I need some help thinking of a casual birthday gift for a rich girl.

I want to stay away from fashion design clothing, shoes, and jewellery. Because girls are a bit picky on what they wear, especially this one.

Top Considered Gift Ideas

Spa package - By baseball3b
something handmade - By baseball3b
Scented Candles - by uzu-dragons
Body Wash - by uzu-dragons
Fancy Box of Chocolates - by Ryuokoi
Gift Cards - by Red_Keys
Bubble Bath Products - by itsvero
LyfefuDec 28, 2012 11:48 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 28, 2012 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
A dildo.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Dec 28, 2012 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
Immahnoob said:
A dildo.

And long.
Dec 28, 2012 11:56 AM

Nov 2012
Chocolate.
Having a favourite anime is something nice.
Dec 28, 2012 11:58 AM

Nov 2010
You can get her a figure from her favorite anime.
Credit to Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Dec 28, 2012 11:58 AM

Oct 2010
A gag gift if she has a sense of humor.
Dec 28, 2012 11:59 AM

Aug 2012
lewycool said:
Immahnoob said:
A dildo.

And long.

I lol'd.

-Spa package (I'm a guy, don't know much about this stuff)
-something handmade?
-chocolate
If she likes animals, maybe a bunny or a hamster?

Just thinking of what I would do in your situation
baseball3bDec 28, 2012 12:06 PM
Dec 28, 2012 12:03 PM
Mar 2012
A pony.
Dec 28, 2012 12:03 PM

Dec 2009
I wouldn't mind spending more then usual on this gift if needed,

"Get her a Dildo" - I'd mostlikely get my ass kicked lol
"Get her Chocolates" - Chocolates seems a bit to cheap I think
"Get her an Anime Figure" - I don't think she even knows what anime is lol
Dec 28, 2012 12:06 PM

Dec 2009
Supergrunt8 said:
A gag gift if she has a sense of humor.

gag gift might be a bit hard

Karpman said:
A pony.

Think shes too old to like ponies lol

Thanks baseball3b, I think your Gift ideas are pretty good
Dec 28, 2012 12:06 PM
Mar 2010
Just because she's rich, doesn't mean she has everything and values nothing. Get her the same shit that you'd get somebody else.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Dec 28, 2012 12:07 PM

Nov 2012
How old is this rich girl anyway, and what is your relationship with her?
Dec 28, 2012 12:11 PM
Dec 2012
Emeralds. Always go with emeralds
Join the "I like changing names in IRC" club! Especially if you like changing names in IRC! It's really neat!
Dare to be someone different, many, many times! Dare to dream!
Dec 28, 2012 12:13 PM

Nov 2010
mrjag said:
IntroverTurtle said:
You can get her a figure from her favorite anime.

Rich people don't like Anime. They have better things to do.
Not Haruka.
Dec 28, 2012 12:15 PM

Dec 2009
Shoujo-Cosette said:

Shes 20, turning 21
I've known her for about 10 years
Use to be close, but as time goes by where now just mutual friends
Dec 28, 2012 12:17 PM

Dec 2012
Dead-Master said:
Shoujo-Cosette said:

Shes 20, turning 21

friend zone?
Dec 28, 2012 12:17 PM
Dec 2012
Dead-Master said:
Shoujo-Cosette said:

Shes 20, turning 21

Box wine.
Join the "I like changing names in IRC" club! Especially if you like changing names in IRC! It's really neat!
Dec 28, 2012 12:18 PM

Apr 2012
You probably want to have sex with her, stop lying.

Drugs.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Dec 28, 2012 12:22 PM

Mar 2012
What does "mutual friends" mean. If you're just acquaintances you probably shouldn't get her anything.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 28, 2012 12:24 PM

Aug 2012
Dead-Master said:
Thanks baseball3b, I think your Gift ideas are pretty good

No problem, happy to help. ^_^
Dec 28, 2012 12:25 PM

Dec 2009
lewycool said:
Dead-Master said:
Shoujo-Cosette said:

Shes 20, turning 21

friend zone?

Yeah definitely, she once asked me to be her Valentines, and I kinda declined it. We're in the friend zone, probably for the best lol

ThisGuy-san said:

Box wine.

She doesn't like to drink
Dec 28, 2012 12:26 PM
Mar 2010
Bork said:
mylovelyfate said:
Just because she's rich, doesn't mean she has everything and values nothing. Get her the same shit that you'd get somebody else.
$20.
Dat effort

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Dec 28, 2012 12:28 PM
Jan 2008
Post-Josh said:
What does "mutual friends" mean. If you're just acquaintances you probably shouldn't get her anything.

I agree.
Dec 28, 2012 12:28 PM

Dec 2009
Post-Josh said:

lol, yeah... uhh she actually asked me to get her something. So I think I have to its the polite thing to do
Dec 28, 2012 12:29 PM

Mar 2011
A yacht licence.
Dec 28, 2012 12:33 PM
Dec 2012
No one got my joke. D:
Dec 28, 2012 12:33 PM

Nov 2012
Dead-Master said:
Post-Josh said:

lol, yeah... uhh she actually asked me to get her something. So I think I have to its the polite thing to do

She asked you to?
Hn, that's a bit..
Dec 28, 2012 12:34 PM

Jun 2012
Immahnoob said:
A dildo.
Dec 28, 2012 12:36 PM

Dec 2012
Just give her the finger and tell her "you use your own money"

or just give her a CD from her favorite band.
Dec 28, 2012 12:48 PM

Dec 2009
ak47 said:

Yup. And what are her hobbies/her personality?

Hobbies: I'm not really sure what her hobbies now a days, hmm.. back in the days she never really did any extracurricular activities, she'll tag along and bring her friends when my groups doing things such as going to events, parties, etc... So I'm not too sure what her interest are. She owns a restaurant now a days while in university studying to become a nurse.

Personality: She quite and usually spoken when she's jokingly teased at. What makes her mad, sad, happy I'm not really too sure lol. She's just an innocent girl through my eyes, doesn't drink (or doesn't like to), doesn't get into mischievous activities, etc..
Dec 28, 2012 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
Dead-Master said:
Post-Josh said:

If someone asked for a gift, that's kind of...
Personally I would probably just say "screw you" and not worry about it, but if you're really bent on getting her something, then you should probably just gift card it. It's not really personal, but at least she can pick out something that she'll be able to use.
Dec 28, 2012 12:53 PM

Nov 2012
Dead-Master said:
ak47 said:

Hobbies: I'm not really sure what her hobbies now a days, hmm.. back in the days she never really did any extracurricular activities, she'll tag along and bring her friends when my groups doing things such as going to events, parties, etc... So I'm not too sure what her interest are. She owns a restaurant now a days while in university studying to become a nurse.

Personality: She quite and usually spoken when she's jokingly teased at. What makes her mad, sad, happy I'm not really too sure lol. She's just an innocent girl through my eyes, doesn't drink (or doesn't like to), doesn't get into mischievous activities, etc..

Get her a book?
Dec 28, 2012 12:56 PM

Apr 2012
Shoujo-Cosette said:
Dead-Master said:
ak47 said:

Get her a book?

Yeah, she sounds like a reader.

A few book recommendations from me would be: "The baby jesus butt plug" or "The vagina ass of Lucifer Niggerbastard" (believe it or not, those are actual books)
Dec 28, 2012 1:00 PM
Dec 2012
mdude009 said:
Shoujo-Cosette said:
Dead-Master said:
ak47 said:

Get her a book?

A few book recommendations from me would be: "The baby jesus butt plug" or "The vagina ass of Lucifer Niggerbastard" (believe it or not, those are actual books)

Looks like I'll be going shopping sometime soon.
Dec 28, 2012 1:12 PM
Jun 2012
lewycool said:
Immahnoob said:
A dildo.

And long.

And wide.
Dec 28, 2012 1:18 PM

Dec 2009
mdude009 said:
Shoujo-Cosette said:
Dead-Master said:
ak47 said:

Get her a book?

Not to sure about books, think she has like 2 or 3 Ipads, an e-reader/kindle. So I assume shes not big on collecting books since she can get them digitally
Dec 28, 2012 1:46 PM

Dec 2007
Dead-Master said:
mdude009 said:
Shoujo-Cosette said:
Dead-Master said:
ak47 said:

Get her a book?

Not to sure about books, think she has like 2 or 3 Ipads, an e-reader/kindle. So I assume shes not big on collecting books since she can get them digitally

Get her a cute stuffed toy or a big bouquet or a painting to decorate her room or something of the sort.
I was going to suggest a book, since it's one of the best presents, but if she's so high-tech....
Dec 28, 2012 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
Why would you need multiple iPads? Unless her family has like 3 lying around for everyone to use, then I can understand.

Anyway, the spa idea was pretty good.
You could also go for some other activity, maybe even something extreme like skydiving. Alot of people of whom you'd think that they'd never do that want to at least try it.
But I don't know her so I can't really judge.

Just keep in mind that 'giving' an activity is usually more fun than an object.
Dec 28, 2012 2:09 PM

Oct 2012
30 hours of community service
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 28, 2012 2:13 PM

Apr 2012
Get that bitch some crotch-less panties, bitches love crotch-less panties.
Dec 28, 2012 2:18 PM

Oct 2012
mdude009 said:
Or candy panties...
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 28, 2012 2:23 PM

Sep 2011
super street fighter 4 arcade edition
^_^
Dec 28, 2012 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
A CD of Hall & Oates' Bigger Than Both Of Us with title track "Rich Girl".
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 28, 2012 2:27 PM

Dec 2012
Perfume.
Dec 28, 2012 2:29 PM

Nov 2012
mdude009 said:

You're avatar matches with what you post.
Dec 28, 2012 2:30 PM

Dec 2011
pink-lemonade said:
Dead-Master said:
Post-Josh said:

If someone asked for a gift, that's kind of...
Personally I would probably just say "screw you" and not worry about it, but if you're really bent on getting her something, then you should probably just gift card it. It's not really personal, but at least she can pick out something that she'll be able to use.

yeah.. or not trouble yourself this much. Treat it as a gift you would get for any one else. Even if she's got money, if she asked you for a gift then she'd probably appreciate anything. If you feel obligated too maybe you should just get her something simple that doesn't cost too much like a nice infinity scarf? Or a nice body wash or perfume.. or even scented candles paired with some candy or nail polish.
Dec 28, 2012 2:41 PM

Oct 2012
Fuck it. Why beat around the bush? We all know she just wants that vintage Hermes bag or Christian Louboutin shoes.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 28, 2012 2:42 PM

Dec 2009
uzu-dragons said:

yeah.. or not trouble yourself this much. Treat it as a gift you would get for any one else. Even if she's got money, if she asked you for a gift then she'd probably appreciate anything. If you feel obligated too maybe you should just get her something simple that doesn't cost too much like a nice infinity scarf? Or a nice body wash or perfume.. or even scented candles paired with some candy or nail polish.

I like the idea of scented candles thanks you! Body wash, perfume, and nail polish, I don't think she'll use them
Dec 28, 2012 3:25 PM
Oct 2010
Innocent-Malice said:
Perfume.

NO.

OP, I don't think the best ideas will come from the strangers in MAL. You should take the pains (and pleasure) to make the gift more personal. Ideally, the perfect gift is something the recipient likes and wants but doesn't know she likes and wants. Very difficult to pinpoint, of course, but very rewarding if you manage to.

Sorry if this does not answer your request for a casual gift, but my own attitude towards gifts involves not giving any unless I have a strong desire to do so, and then making it a big occasion (for example, I have masqueraded one or two gift givings into treasure hunts). If you don't really care enough, then I think that no matter what gift you present her, your (lack of) passion will come across loud and clear.
Dec 28, 2012 3:40 PM

Mar 2011
Homemade (not handmade) drawing or ashtray. Works every time.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Hottest non Hollywood actor on YouTube?

scarydragon - 4 hours ago

3 by LoveYourEyes »»
3 hours ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

50 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

28 by elgatosaika »»
3 hours ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 26

10 by MalchikRepaid »»
3 hours ago

» Does knowing how MAL user looks like change how you see/treat them?

barababas - 3 hours ago

6 by elgatosaika »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.