Forum Settings
Forums

anyone else feel like they will never get a girlfriend?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2012 8:42 PM

Oct 2012
OP, read these two books:

The Game by Neil Strauss. (Mostly applicable to your situation)

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. (Semi applicable to your situation).

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 23, 2012 8:43 PM
Jun 2012
Tavor said:

He's 16...The game is for women age 21+. He just need confidence but I would still recommend reading them, just remember, at that age, confidence is key.
Dec 23, 2012 8:44 PM

Oct 2012
Bleys said:
Tavor said:

He's 16...The game is for women age 21+. He just need confidence.

Still, the advice is pretty straight-forward, almost at any age.
The book mentions the importance of being confident anyway.

Dec 23, 2012 8:45 PM
Jun 2012
Tavor said:
Bleys said:
Tavor said:

He's 16...The game is for women age 21+. He just need confidence.

Still, the advice is pretty straight-forward, almost at any age.

Yeah, I change my mind right when I wrote that.
Dec 23, 2012 8:46 PM

Aug 2012
Danielcook said:
Im 16.

Got no time for activities. Im too busy with school and work.

If you're in high school, then it's too early to be chasing pootytang. At that age they're *usually* shallow and a waste of time.

Wait until college and just live your life as is.
Dec 23, 2012 8:49 PM
Jun 2012
MellowJello said:
Danielcook said:
Im 16.

If you're in high school, then it's too early to be chasing pootytang. At that age they're *usually* shallow and a waste of time.

I disagree, he's going to feel like he miss out on a lot of his high school years when he's older for not taking more risk when he could of.
Dec 23, 2012 8:50 PM

Sep 2012
Bleys said:
I call bull...

I do MMA and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and we have a strangle hold called the triangle we use to tap people out, and I've put plenty of women of different ages and career choices ,who I just MEET, into that position; that position requires having their heads and mouths push down onto my crotch while I push my hips up...Not the most flatting for them but they can handle it...So, I think they can handle a stranger saying Hi and starting a good conversation while throwing in a touch here or their depending on the female reaction.
That is because, if I assume what you are saying is true, these women are paying to be instructed by a professional. They feel that they are safe to trust this man. As opposed to just some random dude off the street.

And
katsucats said:
You'd be surprised. I find PUA nerds extremely lame, but I can't deny skill when it exists. Look up Simple Pickup videos on YouTube. People get touchy with girls all the time in clubs and bars, but it's a mistake to just assume all these people are pimps and hos.
Well I can't argue with the whole club scene, but usually, people going to clubs are looking for a good time, not steady future romantic partners.
Dec 23, 2012 8:50 PM

Oct 2012
I don't think his problem is really women at all. He needs self confidence, and he needs to discover his own internal motivation. From what I've seen of OP's posts, even if he claims he's not socially awkward, I'm guessing he's not completely socially aware either. I could be totally wrong, but I doubt it. For example, the way he's talking about alpha males is just wrong.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 23, 2012 8:51 PM

Sep 2012
MellowJello said:
Danielcook said:
Im 16.

Haven't you ever seen anime? Highschool relationships are the most important thing ever!!

But no, that's a load of crap.
Dec 23, 2012 8:55 PM

Aug 2011
You can survive if you're single. And you're only sixteen? I recommend pursuing more important things for now. Especially if you're really busy.

You should just chill and enjoy being single. You don't want to end up with some whiny, obsessive chick just because you want to be with someone.

But, if you spend alot of time with a particular "friend" things are bound to move somewhere, even if it takes a while. Who knows, some girl may already like you and is waiting for some implication that you are interested.

Dec 23, 2012 8:56 PM

Oct 2012
Danielcook said:
Chair-san said:
OP, what, exactly, do you bring to the table? Like, what do you have to offer other than being a nice guy?

Im mature for my age. Alot of other kids are smoking and getting high, well im not one of them, and never will be.

Im an honor student with a 90-94 average thats taking all ap courses, really interested in the sciences, and i plan on taking life sciences in university.
Im pretty much labeled as an asian nerd (no life and studies 24/7 thats what they think. ) at school even though no one knows i watch anime, im short 5'8 and im pretty skinny so i have no chance against the larger, more buff, caucasian males at school. I kinda get bullied around too, though i try to stand my ground, even though its pretty hard fitting in when your the minority.

Pretty much in the same boat as you, minus being bullied part, but I've just grown to not worry myself about relationships.
Keep rocking out those AP classes, then once you enter the best college you can attend, well, BAM, surely you should be able to meet someone just as mature as you.

Dec 23, 2012 8:58 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
MellowJello said:
Danielcook said:
Im 16.

Haven't you ever seen anime? Highschool relationships are the most important thing ever!!

But no, that's a load of crap.

I dunno man, "there are are lot more important things than girls" and all that.

So I'll give him some useful advice then: start being good friends before being girlfriend/boyfriend. I tried the reverse, and it usually ends way too quickly for me. Finding out details about her that are borderline crazy sets off way too many alarms when dating, whereas you can just not ask them out if they're friends only.
Dec 23, 2012 9:01 PM

Mar 2012
I'm incredibly late to this party.

I've been single for as long as I've given a damn (so, like, 9-ish years) and I only ever attract crazy women.
Eventually I'll become a wizard and none of this will matter.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Dec 23, 2012 9:01 PM

Oct 2012
Red_Keys said:
katsucats said:
You'd be surprised. I find PUA nerds extremely lame, but I can't deny skill when it exists. Look up Simple Pickup videos on YouTube. People get touchy with girls all the time in clubs and bars, but it's a mistake to just assume all these people are pimps and hos.
Well I can't argue with the whole club scene, but usually, people going to clubs are looking for a good time, not steady future romantic partners.
It may not be surprising but future romantic partners often develop from having a good time around people. Even if he's not going to clubs, and he's hitting on girls around his school, he needs to not project a "I'm interested in being your future romantic partner" vibe, but project more of a "Let's have a fun time" vibe -- especially at 16. Maybe this will change when he's 30.

The second thing he needs to do is telegraph intent clearly, and not be another pussy who's pretending to be friends with a girl so he could awkwardly ask her out later. I'm willing to bet that as soon as most guys approach a girl, the girl could tell from his body language what his intent is going to be, but if what he says doesn't match up, then he comes off as a phoney.

It's an Evolutionary reaction; depending on the amount of nervousness in my voice when I say, "Let's be friend!", if I say it nonchalantly, or if I'm glancing around and working up a sweat. I'm willing to bet that since OP isn't being true to himself, girls sense that and attraction plummets upon first contact. It's over before it began.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 23, 2012 9:05 PM

Mar 2012
Don't listen to anyone who suggests books and/or youtube videos about how to "pick up" women. Those are stupid. Even smoking rocks is a better suggestion.

Just YOLO and attend social gatherings/events/things that don't involve hiding in your room, it'll come in time.

Negative-Travis said:
I only ever attract crazy women.
This has been true for me the past few years, haha. I met this cute girl at a party a month-ish ago, and was interested in getting to know her. Recently we started texting and I found out she's not very bright, quite immature, and seems like the dangerously clingy type. She started texting me random shit she's doing constantly and it's just become so annoying so fast. I like a good chat, but it's too much.
JoshDec 23, 2012 9:14 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Oct 2012
Bleys said:
Itermin8rX said:
Bleys said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Itermin8rX said:
Masturbate.
Your hand will never betray you

But Sadly, There's been studies done that also shows to much frequent masturbation can affect your energy levels and aggression to accomplish things...in other words, it dulls you down to a degree.

There is also some shit research about marrying your cousins are healthy, plus the OP said he ain't bothered, so what's the point?

So why don't we chill, go home and masturbate?

I think the main problem he has right now is why women do what women do, I think pushing him into masturbation to fix that is wrong. Fix the problem or at least shed some light on it, not cover it up with a band aid.

What kind of question is that?
Its like asking why anime fans watch anime.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!

Aug 2012
Danielcook said:
Chair-san said:
OP, what, exactly, do you bring to the table? Like, what do you have to offer other than being a nice guy?

Im mature for my age. Alot of other kids are smoking and getting high, well im not one of them, and never will be.

Im an honor student with a 90-94 average thats taking all ap courses, really interested in the sciences, and i plan on taking life sciences in university.
Im pretty much labeled as an asian nerd (no life and studies 24/7 thats what they think. ) at school even though no one knows i watch anime, im short 5'8 and im pretty skinny so i have no chance against the larger, more buff, caucasian males at school. I kinda get bullied around too, though i try to stand my ground, even though its pretty hard fitting in when your the minority.

Though i tried working out, i cant seem to gain that much bulk, although im pretty fit anyways from basketball and table tennis.

I'll toss a guess out and say you're a "nice guy" Like, not the legitimate kind, but the kind that will get a little bit angry when their plans to get with the girl ("after all the time I've spent with her and she says no?!") don't work out.

But I don't know you, so I apologize ahead of time if I'm wrong.
Dec 23, 2012 9:07 PM

Oct 2012
Post-Josh said:
Don't listen to anyone who suggests books and/or youtube videos about how to "pick up" women. Those are stupid. Even smoking rocks is a better suggestion.

Just YOLO and attend social gatherings/events/things that don't involve hiding in your room, it'll come in time.

I learned most of my stuff from anime! Maybe thats why it never works.
Dec 23, 2012 9:09 PM

Sep 2012
katsucats said:
It may not be surprising but future romantic partners often develop from having a good time around people. Even if he's not going to clubs, and he's hitting on girls around his school, he needs to not project a "I'm interested in being your future romantic partner" vibe, but project more of a "Let's have a fun time" vibe -- especially at 16. Maybe this will change when he's 30.

The second thing he needs to do is telegraph intent clearly, and not be another pussy who's pretending to be friends with a girl so he could awkwardly ask her out later. I'm willing to bet that as soon as most guys approach a girl, the girl could tell from his body language what his intent is going to be, but if what he says doesn't match up, then he comes off as a phoney.

It's an Evolutionary reaction; depending on the amount of nervousness in my voice when I say, "Let's be friend!", if I say it nonchalantly, or if I'm glancing around and working up a sweat. I'm willing to bet that since OP isn't being true to himself, girls sense that and attraction plummets upon first contact. It's over before it began.
What you're saying is true.

But if you just meet a girl on the street/school/whatever, and immediately go for close intimate physical contact, you just might come off a little bit creepy and/or awkward.

However, if you have the right personality, you could pull it off. But it doesn't sound like that is the case for OP.
Dec 23, 2012 9:10 PM

Oct 2012
Danielcook said:
Post-Josh said:

I learned most of my stuff from anime! Maybe thats why it never works.

Well...

Perhaps.

Dec 23, 2012 9:13 PM

Oct 2012
Another thing:

Most of the girls in my schoool are much taller than me. I can tell their not interested in a short asian guy.

Am i out of luck?
Dec 23, 2012 9:14 PM

Dec 2010
Danielcook said:
Another thing:

Most of the girls in my schoool are much taller than me. I can tell their not interested in a short asian guy.

Am i out of luck?

What's your height? And TBH you may be at a height disadvantage but you can make up for it if you manage to interest them with your personality or something.

Dec 23, 2012 9:15 PM
Dec 2012
Danielcook said:
Chair-san said:

Though i tried working out, i cant seem to gain that much bulk, although im pretty fit anyways from basketball and table tennis.

Look up proper diets for bulking up, if you wanna get buff. Lifting alone can only get you so far.

Anyway, what you have going for you in itself isnt bad at all. Youre going places, and girls will start to see that in a year or three (seems like a while, but really, there's no rush). Besides that, girls sometimes just plain tend to dig asian dudes. Go to an anime convention and ve confident, just see how many girls talk to you. (Also cosplay well. Girls like a talented man)
Join the "I like changing names in IRC" club! Especially if you like changing names in IRC! It's really neat!
Dare to be someone different, many, many times! Dare to dream!
Dec 23, 2012 9:15 PM

Oct 2012
DesolateOne said:
Danielcook said:
Another thing:

Am i out of luck?

What's your height? And TBH you may be at a height disadvantage but you can make up for it if you manage to interest them with your personality or something.

Im only 5'7-5'8ish.
Dec 23, 2012 9:17 PM

Oct 2012
Chair-san said:
Danielcook said:
Chair-san said:

Look up proper diets for bulking up, if you wanna get buff. Lifting alone can only get you so far.

Anyway, what you have going for you in itself isnt bad at all. Youre going places, and girls will start to see that in a year or three (seems like a while, but really, there's no rush). Besides that, girls sometimes just plain tend to dig asian dudes. Go to an anime convention and ve confident, just see how many girls talk to you. (Also cosplay well. Girls like a talented man)

Haha, cosplay? No thanks.

Im not cut out for that.
Dec 23, 2012 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
Question: Why do you feel the need to get a girlfriend?

And another one: Are you happy with your life as it is?
Dec 23, 2012 9:20 PM
Jun 2012
"What you're saying is true.

But if you just meet a girl on the street/school/whatever, and immediately go for close intimate physical contact, you just might come off a little bit creepy and/or awkward.

However, if you have the right personality, you could pull it off. But it doesn't sound like that is the case for OP."

I think he will be fine as long as he can make friends with women. If they find him interesting enough to be friends with and talk too, he can work on getting closer intimately by net working with his female friends and meeting their female friends and building a relationship from the start.
Dec 23, 2012 9:21 PM

Dec 2010
Danielcook said:
DesolateOne said:
Danielcook said:
Another thing:

Am i out of luck?

Im only 5'7-5'8ish.

Dude you're my height and there are a ton of girls who are shorter than me. If you're skinny but want to get big, eat more and work out! I know it's easier said than done but it's one of those things where you have to force yourself to do it before you actually enjoy and stick with it forever.

Many Asian guys get tossed on the ground because they appear asexual and feminine but if you grab your balls, talk to girls, and show some form of interest a lot of them won't take it negatively. You might get rejected but you'll learn to overcome the feeling. It's not even that bad if you manage to laugh it off. And who knows? Maybe rejection isn't the worst -- you might just end up with a new hot female friend.

Don't worry about it that much. You're 16. When you get to university you'll get to see a lot more women with interest in guys like you ;).

Dec 23, 2012 9:23 PM
Dec 2012
Believe it or not, I've met plenty of dudes who hate cosplaying, but doso anyway to get girls. Not saying that you have to do this, but just get out there and flaunt yourself in an approachable way, is what I'm saying. Places where you have a common interest is good for making friends, too, so why not trying to find a love interest there, too, while you're at it, ya know?
Join the "I like changing names in IRC" club! Especially if you like changing names in IRC! It's really neat!
Dec 23, 2012 9:26 PM

Mar 2012
Danielcook said:
Another thing:

Am i out of luck?
In some sense yes, but it's not the be all end all of finding a partner. Just like good looks aren't. At the risk of sounding laughably cliche, don't dwell on what you don't have, and focus on what you do have. I'm pretty short as well (5'7")and taller girls still tease me on occasion, but if you can smile back and laugh if off, that's attractive. My ex was two inches taller than me, and on two occasions I've "hooked-up" with taller girls (although maybe alcohol just makes dreams come true). Anyway it's possible, even for someone who, like myself, is extremely average looking.

If not, there's always plenty of shorter girls. This height business aside, I'll repeat that the most important thing is to not worry about it and let things fall into place on their own. I haven't had any romantic involvement in around two years (from 19-21, woah, those are prime years), and I hardly think of it as a big deal. I'm probably moving to a new city after I graduate in May, and with that will come new possibilities.
LoneWolf said:
Dec 23, 2012 9:27 PM

Sep 2011
No. I'll definitely never ever get a girlfriend. Oh.. Right. I like guys. But I do have girl friends (girls who are my friends...) Yeah, lame joke.

Anyway, if this question were "will you ever get a boyfriend?" I would still answer "no." Boyfriend and girlfriend relationships are so flimsy. I like being friends - rather not get romantically involved, even if I did have feelings for them. Make sense?
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."

Oct 2012
MellowJello said:

1. I feel like im missing out on something.

2. Im pretty satisfied with my life to an extent, i come from a well-off family, good grades in school, enjoying life, but sometimes i feel lonely because i dont have a "special" person to spend time with. And im kinda envious when i see my friends with their gfs, going on dates, eating out, etc. Its just recently they got girlfriends, and since then, we havent been spending much time as we used to. These were the people i stood up to, people that i knew since grade 4. We know each other inside and out. We are all still best bros for life, but less time chilling, so im a bit lonely/envious.

Dec 2010
Chair-san said:
Believe it or not, I've met plenty of dudes who hate cosplaying, but doso anyway to get girls. Not saying that you have to do this, but just get out there and flaunt yourself in an approachable way, is what I'm saying. Places where you have a common interest is good for making friends, too, so why not trying to find a love interest there, too, while you're at it, ya know?

lol I've always wanted to rock a school uniform as a cosplay.

I can imagine myelf now...4 piercings on the ear...shoulder length anime crazed hair...dress shirt with top two buttons undone + loosened tie...

Bam!

Dec 23, 2012 9:35 PM
Jun 2012
Danie lcook...

1.Do you do fun things with your friends who are girls or more of a loner who talks on the phone with them?

2.What do you usually talk about with your friends who are girls...Problems? Other girls? Boyfriends? or interesting things? I'm going to this game Friday, its going to be a blast...etc?
Dec 23, 2012 9:37 PM
Dec 2012
DesolateOne said:
Chair-san said:

lol I've always wanted to rock a school uniform as a cosplay.

I can imagine myelf now...4 piercings on the ear...shoulder length anime crazed hair...dress shirt with top two buttons undone + loosened tie...

Bam!

Drowning in girls and being mistaken for characters left and right.
Dec 23, 2012 9:37 PM

Jan 2012
guys are the initiators. SO INITIATE!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 23, 2012 9:38 PM

Oct 2012
Bleys said:
Danie lcook...

1.Do you do fun things with your friends who are girls or more of a loner who talks on the phone with them?

2.What do you usually talk about with your friends who are girls...Problems? Other girls? Boyfriends? or interesting things? I'm going to this game Friday, its going to be a blast...etc?

We do EVERYTHING together. Watch movies, eat out, play basketball at goodlad/hoopdome, chill at houses to play ps3, league of legends occasionally, etc.

I only talk to my friends who are girls about school work.
Dec 23, 2012 9:42 PM

Feb 2012
Stop trying to get one. Just life your damn life and you will meet someone who likes you or something.

Man you are dumb, and you also sound like you would just take anyone.

You are one poor guy but maybe you are just ugly.
Dec 23, 2012 9:42 PM

Aug 2012
Danielcook said:
MellowJello said:

1. I feel like im missing out on something.

2. Im pretty satisfied with my life to an extent, i come from a well-off family, good grades in school, enjoying life, but sometimes i feel lonely because i dont have a "special" person to spend time with. And im kinda envious when i see my friends with their gfs, going on dates, eating out, etc. Its just recently they got girlfriends, and since then, we havent been spending much time as we used to. These were the people i stood up to, people that i knew since grade 4. We know each other inside and out. We are all still best bros for life, but less time chilling, so im a bit lonely/envious.

Cool then. Nothing wrong with that at all. Wish you good luck on your girlfriend endeavors!
Dec 23, 2012 9:43 PM
Jun 2012
Danielcook said:
Bleys said:
Danie lcook...

We do EVERYTHING together. Watch movies, eat out, play basketball at goodlad/hoopdome, chill at houses to play ps3, league of legends occasionally, etc.

I only talk to my friends who are girls about school work.

I don't want you going after your friends who are girls, but their friends should work. Start a conversation with whoever you find attractive and try to make a move to show more then friends.
Dec 23, 2012 9:43 PM

Oct 2012
RyuujiXmemories said:
Stop trying to get one. Just life your damn life and you will meet someone who likes you or something.

Man you are dumb, and you also sound like you would just take anyone.

You are one poor guy but maybe you are just ugly.

Probably.
Dec 23, 2012 9:46 PM

Sep 2011
LOL. I'm going to give my opinion as a girl. Honestly, if you want a girlfriend, don't expect one to fall from the sky. If you like a girl, confront her and tell her you do. If it so happens that she shares the same feelings for you and even if she doesn't, she may be willing to get to know you better. It's simple as that. Instead of wasting your time asking for advice over something that isn't really that complex - better spend your time by finding a girl.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 23, 2012 9:46 PM

Sep 2008
Chloroform and a rag helps.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Dec 23, 2012 9:47 PM
Jun 2012
gigglingidiot said:
LOL. I'm going to give my opinion as a girl. Honestly, if you want a girlfriend, don't expect one to fall from the sky. If you like a girl, confront her and tell her you do. If it so happens that she shares the same feelings for you and even if she doesn't, she may be willing to get to know you better. It's simple as that. Instead of wasting your time asking for advice over something that isn't really that complex - better spend your time by finding a girl.

I second this.
Dec 23, 2012 9:48 PM

Jun 2011
RyuujiXmemories said:
but maybe you are just ugly.

You have such a sparkling personality
Dec 23, 2012 9:52 PM
Dec 2012
Also, OP, if you ever do wanna go out with your friends, start talking to them about more than just school work. That's probably why people see you as an Asian nerd. You really don't give them reason not to think so. There's more to you than school, man.
Dec 23, 2012 10:07 PM

Oct 2012
Chair-san said:
Also, OP, if you ever do wanna go out with your friends, start talking to them about more than just school work. That's probably why people see you as an Asian nerd. You really don't give them reason not to think so. There's more to you than school, man.
This.

How you introduce yourself speaks wonders.
Danielcook said:

Though i tried working out, i cant seem to gain that much bulk, although im pretty fit anyways from basketball and table tennis. And I watch anime
I added the bolded part. Sounds like a typical Asian nerd to me. If you want to be seen differently, find different interests that don't fall into the Asian nerd stereotype.

Important: It has nothing to do with you being a minority. It has everything to do with your personality and what you do.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 23, 2012 10:08 PM

Mar 2012
Jigero said:
Chloroform and a rag helps.
My feminist thread senses are tingling.
LoneWolf said:
Dec 23, 2012 10:10 PM
Dec 2012
Agreed. Scapegoats are only alright if you don't mind just sitting there and being kicked around by your problems. You've gotta fix them. Also, if you ever cosplay, black face is a no-no.
Dec 23, 2012 10:23 PM

Oct 2012
Chair-san said:
Agreed. Scapegoats are only alright if you don't mind just sitting there and being kicked around by your problems. You've gotta fix them. Also, if you ever cosplay, black face is a no-no.

Whats black face?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

77 by Freshell »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Bear or Man?

_Nette_ - 2 hours ago

7 by Serafos »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps? ( 1 2 )

Miscanthus - Apr 27

50 by Miscanthus »»
2 hours ago

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - 11 hours ago

13 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » do you engage or ignore what you hate?

deg - Yesterday

9 by 707supremacist »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.