Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2008 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woah, good episode. Yukino's child was defeated by Shiziru which resulted in Haruka dying. Midori had her child defeated by Mikoto and it's revealed that Miyu is still alive. Mai and Sister are starting a fight, along with Nao and Natsuki once again.

Overall, a good episode. I'm looking forward to the ending as it's coming close.
Nov 18, 2008 11:42 AM

Aug 2007
I love Haruka's death. I think its so totally tragic and beautiful, makes her annoying existance worth it :)

I can't wait till you finish the next one.

Mar 22, 2009 9:12 PM

Jan 2008
Someone kill Nao, NAO!
Apr 30, 2009 7:18 AM

Mar 2009
aero said:
Someone kill Nao, NAO!

Yep!

I think someone needs to do something about Shizuru too. She looked a little crazy there...
Jun 22, 2009 11:58 PM

Jun 2009
Beautiful stuff, hell of a good episode
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 24, 2009 12:34 AM

Feb 2008
wow lesbian rape, plus haruka's death, if only nao would die...., but i can see how this is gonna end tho
Sep 23, 2009 12:12 PM

Feb 2008
So much stuff happening. Man, I love the 2nd half of this show so much :3
Oct 12, 2009 9:50 PM

Nov 2008
No... Haruka-chan!!!!!! T_T She was funny, and also looked great on swimsuit :3

Now I hate Shizuru as much as Nao. It's the first time a lesbian thing between hot anime girls does seem awful for me.
Dec 10, 2009 8:41 AM

Jul 2009
Well that one annoying girl out of the picture
Dec 30, 2009 10:43 PM

Nov 2007
I thought the sister was taking out the one she loved in order for Mai to take her out but the last few minutes seem to say otherwise =O also Natsuki is captured so will Fujino magically appear I wonder =O and Tate seems to have decided to go for Mai
Jan 2, 2011 3:54 AM

Dec 2008
I think the show is skirting comedy now with its melodrama. I'm also finding it hard to identify with pyschotic characters who seem woefully uninterested in Nagi's true identity or motives.

Hopefully, we'll get some good battles in the end at least, when the few remaining HIMEs stop being total morons and try to fight the demon lord instead of each other.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 20, 2011 4:23 PM

Dec 2010
Silverhammer said:
I think the show is skirting comedy now with its melodrama. I'm also finding it hard to identify with pyschotic characters who seem woefully uninterested in Nagi's true identity or motives.

Hopefully, we'll get some good battles in the end at least, when the few remaining HIMEs stop being total morons and try to fight the demon lord instead of each other.

This comedic show does have funny drama. I was dissapointed that retarded dog Mitoko didn't die some episode earlier. So easily manipulated (which u see later on), and simple minded. That 4 way love shit between Mai, the evil Lord, that dude and his sister complex shit was annoying as fuck for 20+ episodes. Well its to be expected of thick headed characters to be unable to say what they want.

I did find that lesbian rape hilarious. I'm watching only for the battles.
Feb 17, 2011 1:07 AM

Aug 2009
Must be sth wrong with me cuz I also found the whole Natsuki x Shizuru stuff hilarious.
Also, one thing comes to mind; it was in episode 19 IRRC, Natsuki blushed when she woke up in the student council room and Shizuru commented sth about how peacefully she'd been sleeping. That's not how you normally react to your friends, now is it?
On to the finale now...
Jul 4, 2011 8:48 AM

Feb 2011
Woow Haruka died because of the pathetic argument she started off, only if she didn't pissed Shizuru :/ tsk tsk tsk...
Sep 1, 2012 10:01 AM

Dec 2011
Haruka's death was so sad...

I love it!

lol.

Anyway, there aren't really any good guys left now.

Sister is hypnotising Mai?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 4, 2012 6:08 PM
Aug 2012
Well...Shit be whack yo. So glad this series picked up so intensely
Sep 18, 2012 10:20 PM

Sep 2012
Wow I was actually close to putting this anime on hold but it picked up really well. Honestly, I thought Haruka-chans "disappearance" was the saddest out of all of them so far. However, by this point in the story, the end is very predictable...
Steam ID - Infernox755
Jan 22, 2013 11:20 AM
Nov 2011
Haruka...I almost...well ...I'm crying T_T
Jun 29, 2013 7:06 AM

Jul 2012
holy crap! all these bitches got crazy eyes!
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Jun 4, 2015 9:48 PM
Apr 2015
As an annoying comic relief character, Haruka is over 9000 epic in meeting her end. She's never deviated from her ideal, and she then pass that ideal down to Kikukawa. What a woman.

I wished Kikukawa would have realized that was the last moment for her to say goodbye and say her peace. She missed it, and she will regret it. Hopefully she can become strong from this.
Jun 22, 2016 8:37 PM

Feb 2014
pacostuart said:
I think someone needs to do something about Shizuru too. She looked a little crazy there...

Yeah just a little... xD

I love Shizuru's whip sword :3 Super awesome weapon

Yes, all this started because of Yukariko. Quite a shame that, even as she felt guilt in the process, she was still super manipulated by that super greedy power hungry Ishigami.

Haruka not giving in to Shizuru's threats until the very end, and Midori sacrificing Gakutenou to protect Miyu...both epic, but tragic, defeats :(

But lol Yukino did you really think you could win against Shizuru with a vegetable? xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 3:50 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
pacostuart said:
aero said:
Someone kill Nao, NAO!

Yep!

She is nuts, but the problem is that if she dies, Natsuki will disappear too.

The android wakes up and Midori loses her child.

I would said Natsuki should dive into Shizuru, not reject her, to avoid her going crazy and for some good yuri actions, but it is easy to understand Natsuki... and Yukino losing her child too, all that shit going on. Shizuru is going insane, nothing can bring her back from what she done now.

Nun schemes are revealed too. Tate gets the truth from Natsuki and now is seeking Mai, that is going against the nun. Next episode is gonna be awesome too.
Sep 6, 2021 11:05 PM
Dec 2020
What a completely based way to go. Proud to say that I was a fan of Haruka from the very beginning (for whatever odd reason, because looking back on it it's fair to say she was annoying, but I just found her endearing). Not backing down in front of something you know you can't defeat, and then head-butting and mind-breaking your enemy on your way out. What a fucking legend.

Also, poor Natsuki. She's still recovering from being sexually assaulted and then here comes Nao again.
Aug 3, 2022 7:27 PM

Nov 2018
Haruka and Midori probably at this point have been and always were the best characters in many ways in the show even if they were part of the side characters and the minor main characters. What a great girl Haruka has been in my eyes, great distinct uniform, attitude, hairstyle and personality.
Apr 18, 2023 8:15 AM

Apr 2014
Not a fan of the episode and the past few ones, the pacing is really a mess, nothing happens for 13 episodes but mostly normal slice of life and your daily orphan fight, then you have the Sear arc that's pretty good and then they start a battle royal themed episode in the last 9 or so episodes. i find that it's excessively with too many characters (like Shizuru who barely had any screen time, and most of he interaction with Natsuki lasted for a few seconds) and dramatic events per episodes. 
The drama feels forced with Hime getting manipulated like complete morons. 
Feb 3, 4:02 PM

Jan 2020
I think Mai is my least favorite protagonist in I think anything I've ever seen.
Really hope the revelation of next week isn't going to be how much she loves Tate and that she just misinterpreted her own feelings.

Because if not, then I don't really know what to say.

Natsuki implied that he had been the most important person to Mai even before her brother died and I just ask myself.. How?

I've mentioned this before, but they had exactly 1 heartfelt conversation and a few of stereotypical tsundere moments. You can't built the entire driving force of your narrative on that.

Both she and Tate look like absolutely assholes for abandoning everyone else. If their love is that important, build it up, show it blossom don't just have them have feelings for each other for no apparent reason. Because, while it might be realistic to fall heads over heels for someone you barely have any interaction with in real life. It doesn't make for very good story telling. Especially if it is as underdeveloped as it is here.

But that's a problem this entire series suffers from. The development of every single hime was rushed, so that they could be forced to fight. Shizuru's Yandere revelation is the prime example. It came out of absolutely nowhere. There was one moment that implied she maybe a thing for her before and that's it.

None of this is properly developed, which leads to the drama feeling incredibly forced.

Now back to Mai.

As outlined, neither her nor Tate where given any development in their love for one another. We are just told that Mai loves him more than anything, again for no reason. This makes her come off incredibly selfish and again while that may be realistic, that doesn't make for a compelling main character.

That may have worked, if they were made for each other. If he were written perfectly to complete her. And in a twisted way he does. Because he is an even worse and more unlikeable character. There is nothing interesting about him. And while the anime goes out of its way to establish how awful he is to Shiho, yet I bet you somehow she is going to be displayed as the bad one in their relationship.

Now this doesn't mean I cannot be done well. The audience can disagree with a character. They can be engaged in them doing the wrong decisions. They don't even have to be likeable. What they do have to be is compelling.

But that isn't the case here. How do I know?

Because I am pretty sure the writers didn't intend for their audience to hope that Mai gets eliminated (which I know she won't, but still have been wishing for the past 3 episodes or so), so that Tate just disappears. Yes, I dislike them so much, that I just want them to exist the anime.

I don't think I've ever had that experience with anything, except maybe Dance in the Vampire Bund.

But that was mostly an adaptation problem. Because they took away everything that made the protagonist competent, so her love interest could look good.

This series doesn't have that excuse.
No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.

More topics from this board

» Regarding the Eng Dub...

Tasolth - Oct 3, 2010

3 by Kuruna_Dagurasu »»
Mar 15, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 25 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 19, 2008

17 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 22, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 24 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 18, 2008

15 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 4, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 22 Discussion

kitsunekarasu - Nov 13, 2008

14 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 3, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 20 Discussion

Retro8bit - Nov 15, 2008

44 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 2, 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.