Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2008 9:44 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Reito is the leader of everything. I always figured he was behind something from the start. Apparently Mikoto is still alive, which I don't really understand. Shizuru is a HiME and seems to love Natsuki. In all honesty, I wish Shizuru killed Nao. I've hated her from the beginning. Quite a bit more happened this episode too.

This show turned out really good, I can't wait to see how things will turn out at the end.
Nov 17, 2008 10:02 AM

Aug 2007
You still haven't met all the HiME's ;) I believe there is one left...there is more to come.

Nov 23, 2008 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
This is getting more exciting by every episode.
I really wondered why I hadn't realized before that Reito and Mikoto looked that similar.
... and I also wish Shizuru had killed Nao. After all, Nao's the real psycho.
Nov 23, 2008 2:11 PM

Jul 2008
you would know by now what happened to nao.
how her family was robbed and her parents attacked.
I'm not sure if her father was killed or not.

Dec 12, 2008 7:15 AM

Dec 2008
Jeez, finally Mashiro actually does something and she ends up failing...what a worthless person. After being a hypocrite for 21 episodes I feel no sympathy for her...
Also, I'm pretty sure that Mikoto is being controlled by Reito... big brother or not, she was looking a little out of it in that battle and for her to actually fight Mai without anything affecting her is hard to swallow.
FredilocDec 12, 2008 7:34 AM
Mar 22, 2009 6:19 AM

Jan 2008
Woah, holy crap what just happened. I always knew Reito was dodgy but didn't he was THIS dodgy, brainwashing Mikoto like that...
Jun 22, 2009 10:47 PM

Jun 2009
Actually way back in the first episodes they sort of dropped the hint about Mikoto and Rieto. It's interesting that he didn't just kill Mai when he was alone with her, instead he encouraged her. Interesting...
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 8, 2009 12:53 PM

Jun 2008
insan3soldiern said:
Actually way back in the first episodes they sort of dropped the hint about Mikoto and Rieto. It's interesting that he didn't just kill Mai when he was alone with her, instead he encouraged her. Interesting...

Someone at least noticed the hints.
Why would he kill Mai? He seems to want her as his princess or something so he certainly doesn't want her dead.
Nov 24, 2009 10:43 PM

Jun 2009
This whole plot has turned into a massive blob of retarded.

Cheap drama and insanely radical plot twists, to the point of me feeling indifferent to the entire anime. Sad, had so much potential.
brinanNov 24, 2009 10:52 PM
Dec 10, 2009 7:00 AM

Jul 2009
Aarana said:
You still haven't met all the HiME's ;) I believe there is one left...there is more to come.
Don't tell me it's shiho?

Hmm Reito want something from Mai and making her the best HiME..a reward for a person whom the strongest HiME's treasure must be something big
Dec 30, 2009 9:57 PM

Nov 2007
What a crazy episode O_O so much happening Fujino is revealed to be a Hime and harbors feelings for Natsuki Reito is confirmed to be Kokuyou Mikoto is revealed to be alive and the direction who is stored in the vessel of a hime is defeated ... wow now it's up to Suguira to bring back Miyu I guess =O
Feb 16, 2011 3:02 PM

Aug 2009
The.Best.Damn.Scene.So.Far
I'm gonna have to make myself signature out of this.
P.S. Die, Nao, die!
metamorphiusFeb 16, 2011 6:26 PM
Jul 2, 2011 9:12 AM

Feb 2011
metamorphius said:
The.Best.Damn.Scene.So.Far
I'm gonna have to make myself signature out of this.
P.S. Die, Nao, die!

Yangire o.O
Sep 1, 2012 8:32 AM

Dec 2011
Shizuru and Reito both being part of this whole thing is no surprise. What their role is though was a total surprise.

Was the headmistress defeated by Mikoto? It seems that Reito or whatever he really is has used this tactic before, as the headmistress claimed him to be her brother.

And the white haired guy was in cahoots with Reito, along with the whole of Division 1.

Is Mai safe in his custody?

For that matter, is Natsuki safe in Shizuru's?

Loving this.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 22, 2012 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
I'm rewatching the series right now, and man, do I still hate Tate? He's an indecisive idiot who tries to act cool. I'm so bummed that the writers made him Mai's love interest :x

Say what you want about Reito, but at least he was more honest with his feelings and was there for Mai in her weakest moments. I know I'm in the minority here, but I would've preferred if Mai ended up with Reito and she and Mikoto became sisters-in-law.

Also, I come across people who misunderstand that Reito is consciously causing all this trouble. But like the special after the episode stated, the real Reito is possessed by the Obsidian Prince and he genuinely loves Mai and longs that she frees him from the monster inside him.

Romance aside, that was a cool entrance for Shizuru as a HiME. Despite the tacky fan service, this is a fun and well-written series with a loveable cast.
removed-userOct 22, 2012 11:21 PM
Jun 22, 2016 7:08 PM

Feb 2014
So Natsuki's mom was willing to sell her out as a test subject for money. Ouch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2016 4:36 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ston3_FreeN7 said:

Exactly, I was expecting him to be a scumbag and take something out of the situation by using Mai.
Headmaster being a crystal hime, shizuru's too, and all that plot behind the scenes finally being revelead is making this even more interesting, not as exciting as the previous episode, but far from boring!
Jul 24, 2020 2:06 PM
Nov 2019
Wasn't Mikoto incinerated by Kagutsuchi? They mentioned something earlier about problems with killing HiME while their Child is still alive but how is it possible that she is not hurt at all?
Jul 24, 2020 2:16 PM
Nov 2019
Hayatempest said:
I'm rewatching the series right now, and man, do I still hate Tate? He's an indecisive idiot who tries to act cool. I'm so bummed that the writers made him Mai's love interest :x

Say what you want about Reito, but at least he was more honest with his feelings and was there for Mai in her weakest moments. I know I'm in the minority here, but I would've preferred if Mai ended up with Reito and she and Mikoto became sisters-in-law.

Also, I come across people who misunderstand that Reito is consciously causing all this trouble. But like the special after the episode stated, the real Reito is possessed by the Obsidian Prince and he genuinely loves Mai and longs that she frees him from the monster inside him.

Romance aside, that was a cool entrance for Shizuru as a HiME. Despite the tacky fan service, this is a fun and well-written series with a loveable cast.

I agree, Reito is way better than Tate.
Sep 30, 2020 12:45 AM

Jan 2020
Man Shizuru is a trash character.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Aug 3, 2022 6:17 PM

Nov 2018
"They played us like a damn fiddle" at least the characters were, no one couldn't haven't seen that coming. Decent twist though I'm not against it or calling it bad. Let's see how this develops.

More topics from this board

» Regarding the Eng Dub...

Tasolth - Oct 3, 2010

3 by Kuruna_Dagurasu »»
Mar 15, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 25 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 19, 2008

17 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 22, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 24 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 18, 2008

15 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 4, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 23 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 18, 2008

25 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 3, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 22 Discussion

kitsunekarasu - Nov 13, 2008

14 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 3, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.