Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 2, 2018 8:14 PM
Jun 2013
This is one of my favorite episodes of all 3 seasons! Hiramura is the best! So glad to see him conquer his fears and be confident.

Also a very smooth transition into the next arc.
Dec 18, 2019 4:59 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, Hiramaru deserves this!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 3, 2020 1:00 PM

May 2017
Ok hinamaru best guy ! No way to counter that ! He acted the whole day like some kind of romantic guy and it seems the naive girl took the bait !

Now lets wait for their "no hinamaru ! its like that !" "Ok aoki you're my master !"

At least i hope they wont skip them
LadyLeeMingJul 4, 2020 2:30 AM
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 17, 2020 12:16 AM
May 2015
Avato-chan said:
WOW WOW WOW!
I DID NOT EVEN SHIP THIS AND NOW I DO! (previously fukudaXaoki shipper)
SUCH A GREAT EPISODE IWAS LITERALY CHEERING FOR HIRAMARU!
YAY!!!!

Bro ive flipped flopped so much its unreal, at the start I was fukudaXaoki, then I was takagiXaoki, now im finally at hiramaruXaoki. I never once rooted for Nakai though, I felt sorry for him at first then he just turned into a piece of shit and I didnt care for him anymore.
Oct 6, 2020 7:10 AM

May 2018
I would totally watch Road Racer GIRI haha, it feels like a spiritual successor to Initial D
Dec 5, 2020 1:38 PM

Nov 2019
this episode was just soooo good,no it was great. couldn't help but smile the entire way

Hiramaru congratulations on confessing your love for Aoki-san. really loved that part

that scene with the awkward silence was brilliant
Jan 13, 2021 7:32 AM

Jul 2017
Amazing episode and I'm so happy for both Hiramaru and Aoki. Aoki's really changed a lot over time once she slowly became comfortable with speaking with men after she and Takagi were having conversations advising each other about manga, and she found someone who not only she could trust for a while, but a man who despite his social awkwardness, genuinely cares about her a ton and made her really happy on this crazy-ass unorthodox date of sorts that made her feel like a real heroine. It really was a lot of fun and not many people would make life exciting in a weird sense than with Hiramaru. Fukuda, Moritaka, Akito, Kaya and Fukuda's assistant all cheering them on as Yoshida looks in shock that Aoki actually accepted his confession just wrapped a bow on the events this episode. Such good, heartwarming shit.
Jan 22, 2021 7:35 PM

Jul 2020
This might be my fav Bakuman episode out of all the seasons Hiramaru got his own episode lmao Fukuda was my fav character in this show throughout the while series until now.
Feb 15, 2021 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
I noticed that, since season one, Hiramaru was a fan favorite. I like him too, but he gets the least screentime out of all the main cast. And I thought I knew why.

Hiramaru had nothing to do with the lives of the other characters. He was purely comedic relief that would be briefly explored in-between more important moments. He and scenes featuring him were total outliers that rarely intersected with anything else. His inclusion seemed strange, forced, and out of place. Even though I've always liked him, something in my mind was uncomfortable. Like he wasn't even a real or relevant character. Think about it, before this episode, there was only ONE OTHER moment in which Hiramaru didn't do something purely for comedic relief.......... the hospital scene, where the Chief Editor instilled strict regulations on Mashiro, and Hiramaru looked pissed and walked out.

Having said that, out of all of the past episodes, this one features Hiramaru the most. He's pretty much the focal point this time. And we're actually seeing him act like a real human being with genuine emotions, here. His motives and personality are being fleshed out. And he's taking real risks. Albeit filled with exaggeration, the entire episode was wholesome, and the "asking out" scene was pretty touching.
Even if it had nothing else to do with the other characters' storylines, I think a filler episode like this was warranted.

I acknowledge some complaints from others that the Hiramaru and Aoki shipping is out of place. To be fair, I can understand that viewpoint. Aoki is a completely different character now that truly exceeds the realm of character development. Which is disheartening. BUT, luckily, the Bakuman story JUST made the cut in terms of not rushing things... in other words, the ship IS fleshed out, as there have been a multitude of brief moments throughout the series leading up to this point -- and there has been some minor foreshadowing. It's not like this is coming out of nowhere.

Yoshida's a pretty good character too. And a unique one in general. He's comedically framed as malicious and self-interested, but he genuinely cares about Hiramaru. I liked the debate that they had by the bridge -- where Yoshida tried to convince Hiramaru that manga has led to his happiness -- or how Yoshida genuinely admires Hiramaru's talent despite his reluctance.

Now, in character polls, Hiramaru usually ranks in the TOP FIVE. Which is insane for how little bearing he has on the protagonist(s)' lives. If this episode didn't exist, I honestly wouldn't think his reception would be justified. But I'm not ragging on him at all. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I look forward to seeing him in every single episode. He's a unique character. And he definitely embodies MY worth ethic too.
Feb 28, 2021 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
guava said:
Aoki has become such an embarrassingly empty character.)
ainky said:
Agree. I liked her at starting when she was more aggressive but now she has become such an empty character.
Well put. She's like a whole different character now. And, yeah, one that lacks personality too.
Apr 29, 2021 10:10 PM

Jan 2016
This was an awesome episode. Made me laugh a lot. I totally ship Aoki and Hiramuru. He’s made so much money that he can just dump lambo’s

Aug 1, 2021 3:18 AM

Jan 2020
I thought Aoki would think about Fukuda at that moment but it seems like she doesn't had that kind of feeling for him...
Aug 1, 2021 3:19 AM

Jan 2020
At first glance Classroom of Truth seems more interesting than PCP...
Oct 23, 2021 5:10 PM

Dec 2007
really can't get enough of hiramaru, one of the best characters here.
though for some reason i like hiramaru x yoshida more, their relation is just pure gag xD

aoki on the other hand i found little strange, like she found herself in the gag dimension of hiramurs&yoshida and doesn't know well what to do, so she just went with it LOL.
@AlexanderHD i guess you kinda aimed to that in your long post

expect for that the pace stabalized at least, didn't felt too rushed as previous 2 episodes or too dragged as S1 episodes.

next arc is kinda the most interesting one, it have lot to offer.
User-NameOct 23, 2021 5:18 PM
Oct 27, 2021 7:30 AM

May 2021
Congrats for hiramaru-san and aoki-san
Oct 30, 2022 6:45 PM

Jan 2020
This might've been the best episode of the season, so far. And, I actually felt somewhat bad for Hiramaru's Editor, for probably the first time ever. HiramaruxAoki is somewhat of an odd coupling, but anything is better than MoritakaxMiho. So, it's fine.

Now that Hiramaru has finally caught a break, it looks like a new rival is approaching. First impression of their story is that it seems very much like Danganronpa.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 8, 2023 4:41 PM

Dec 2020
LETS GOOOO honestly cared more about their relationship than the others ngl though I thought he was gonna straight up propose. 

This also made me just realize the scale how big the L was that nakai took.
niookookjoJan 8, 2023 10:40 PM
Mar 27, 4:22 PM
Sep 2017
Oh, PCP actually have time frame instead of them being eternal grade schooler.

It's interesting to compare on what kind of manga being popular and define Shounen Jump now, whether it's different or not, but I don't read manga so I will never know that.

Hiramaru finally breaking free from Yoshida's carrot on a stick lol, not to mention their dialogue is just that good. Also lmao with Yoshida's imagination. I thought Hiramaru and Aoki ship is only crackship, so it's being actual ship is nice I guess, could've used more screentime to develop it, though it being originally a comedy ship won't probably land up well if not wrapped in a single episode.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2012

58 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 28, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.