Jan 2012
I'm most likely to.. *sigh*
Nov 17, 2012 5:05 PM

Sep 2011
only if my life is endanger.....or if i was living in some shithole like uganda

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 17, 2012 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
I would only do it if I had to, life was in danger/running from the law or some extreme situation.

Other than that hell no, I've worked damn hard for everything I have.
Nov 17, 2012 5:17 PM

Nov 2012
Only if I really had to. I just couldn't start from zero in another country...
Nov 17, 2012 8:21 PM

Aug 2012
mylovelyfate said:
Abandon everything? Lol no thanks. Canada's the shit.

gigglingidiot said:
w7y7a7t7t said:
Negative-Travis said:
Narmy said:
I'd love to abandon the sinking ship that is the USA, but I doubt I could afford it.

How expensive is Canada?

where i live i people rent from $300-500 a month :p and not shitty little apartments, homes with two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, basement, living room, dining room, the works. downside id the town is small haha

Yeah, but from what I've heard, the taxes in Canada are pretty insane and so is the price of gas.
Gas is insane, but I never thought taxes were that bad. Specially if you've got a Native friend handy.

And what part of Canada do you live in w7? Dem prices.

well i live in southern saskatchewan, but right by the alberta border, and the closest city is in alberta, which is were you go for like everything: shopping, groceries, drinking etc. so for taxes it's only GST, which is 5%, aside form a few small things i get in town. gas is at $.99 as of yesterday, but that's lower then normal, usually it's more.
"Reality can really bum you out" - Ash Ketchum
Nov 18, 2012 2:50 AM
May 2007
Canada produces a lot of oil, I'd assume it was cheap up there.
Nov 18, 2012 10:02 AM

Mar 2012
Done it once before, even though I was only around 8 years old~

I plan on doing it also in the future.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Nov 18, 2012 10:31 AM

Mar 2011
gigglingidiot said:
Kanic said:
I would like to see this thread with an extended poll that shows the countries of those who vote. Just for the sake of curiosity.

Ohhhh. Someone should make that into a thread. That would be interesting. I'm guessing most people here would probably pick Japan....

Still waiting for someone to completely agree to completely abandon everything.

I was actually refering to the country in which they currently live not the one they would pick.

And yes, I would abandon everything assuming of course there is a specific reason to go to that country. For a student that would be a better place to major, for a man who has completed uni it would be a job that best suits him, for a family man that would be a better place for his family and so on and so on.

Though I think I would do it anyway if I had standard accomodations no different than now.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 18, 2012 12:07 PM

Dec 2011
Well I would, because not only my life sucks, it doesn't actually, not that much at least, but the country I live in.... It's unbearable... Nothing interesting ever happens, it's poor and crime rates are high... But I'll get my chance when I move to Japan, scholarship yay xD
Nov 18, 2012 12:12 PM

Sep 2012
If I feel suffocated enough to think my life did suck then yes...
..this space under construction...
Nov 18, 2012 12:29 PM

Aug 2008
I came to America when I was just a little kid, so I've already done that in some sort of ways.

Anyways, to answer the question, most likely not. Moving to another country means finding a job in that country, which would be pretty difficult (why would they want a foreigner over a native?). In addition, you'd have to get used to completely different corporate cultures and languages. You may claim to be fluent in another language, but the language used in the corporate world is very different and much more difficult than the language you use on the streets to communicate.

Plus, America's already a good country. If I were living somewhere oppressed like North Korea, then yes, I'd try to leave, even if I don't know any other languages or culture. But if not, I'll stay. America has a lot of problems in the recent years, but I don't believe they're major enough that I'll have no problems in my life just by moving to another country.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 18, 2012 9:18 PM

Aug 2009
I think I'd do it. Why not? Sounds fun.
Nov 18, 2012 10:20 PM

Sep 2012
I would love to ditch everything and move to an island I can live independently on just to get away from my essay I'm doing. I'd rather leave this country than take an F in college. I need to transfer and getting an F won't help.
Nov 18, 2012 11:32 PM

Oct 2012
danmari said:
Sometimes I think modern life is too hectic and fast and it might be nice to live in a lost mountain village in Bhutan or somewhere, but deep down I know it's probably not for me, lol.

i would love to do the same thing, maybe when i'm older and can slow down better than in my 20's now

i think maybe moving to australia or the UK moved be nice for a change of view and culture, which i could prbly do after i'm done college i mean a degree from a big prestigious school like mine is good anywhere, and i don't have kids/wife/ home/ valuables i can't sell and buy there so why not
Nov 19, 2012 12:25 AM

Aug 2009
If I was wanted for a crime that could land me behind bars for a long time or the death penalty and there was pretty strong evidence I did the crime then I could see abandoning everything to go live in another country.
Nov 21, 2012 9:58 PM

Oct 2009
annmaryjay said:
RandomChampion said:
I believe that God and the Founding Fathers blessed me with the greatest nation on Earth, the United States of America. I was born an American and will die and American.

I certainly hope there was a huge hint of sarcasm here... although I'm planning to move to California (or to other State of that's not going to work out) I would never think this highly of the US and neither of any other country to be specific.

Okay Sweden is pretty cool and their system is awesome in comparison to many other countries (like ours and we're close neighbors with Swedes).

no sarcasm.

I'm a first generation American, and I do feel blessed that I was born here. My family came here with very little with virtually no connections and was able to become part of the great country. I was born and raised in Queens, New York, the home of the immigrants and probably the most diverse area on the planet. I know people from any country you can think of who agree with me. Too many Americans do not realize what they have here. It saddens me to see that so many are willing to leave.

I have relatives in London, Dusseldorf, Dubai (and formerly in St. Petersburg too), and they are still treated as outsiders even if some of them were born and raised there.

America may have some faults - no country is perfect. However, what separates America from other countries is that it is not defined by ethnicity, language, skin colour, etc - it is defined by its ideals and values. Anyone chooses to live by these ideals and values is an American. Canada is probably the only country that comes close - but even it is not as open as America is.

Hopefully President Obama doesnt screw things up with his anti-American concepts, though.
Nov 21, 2012 10:05 PM

Sep 2012
With the economic situation that America is going through now, I would just move to Europe or Tokyo in a heartbeat.
Nov 21, 2012 10:17 PM

Sep 2011
Well I hate this place so I would.

Nov 21, 2012 10:31 PM

Sep 2011
If that country is the USA or Japan, hell yeah :)
Nov 21, 2012 10:39 PM

Mar 2012
I have many friends and a caring family hear.
Abandon them to go live in a another country?
I am tempted because of how old and boring my life is; it is basically the same every day.
But probably if i did, i would feel homesick.
For now i would say yes.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Nov 21, 2012 10:52 PM

Jun 2007
Not another country, but I plan to get out of the midwest eventually. Maybe to Washington or Oregon.
Nov 22, 2012 12:35 AM

Jul 2011
Hata-tan said:
With the economic situation that America is going through now, I would just move to Europe or Tokyo in a heartbeat.

You don't know much about the current state of the global financial market do you?
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Nov 22, 2012 2:21 AM

Aug 2012
Yes. I love travelling. So if I could leave my country, and live a whole new life, I wouldn't hesitate. I don't like routine.
Nov 22, 2012 4:51 AM

Jun 2008
armeg said:
Hata-tan said:

You don't know much about the current state of the global financial market do you?

lol!
Nov 22, 2012 4:42 PM

Aug 2009
And go where?I have no relatives outside Greece,which means I have to live on rent. Problems:
1:My English speaking is even worse than my writing
2:I have no money to move to the next town.Other country?Yeah sure.
3:I am an unskilled worker that cant find a job in his own country.Saying that I have minimal chances to find a job in another country that will give me enough money to live there better than I do here is just ridiculous./rant

If I could leave yes I would.
Nov 22, 2012 5:07 PM

Nov 2008
Maybe. I speak English well. How is England?

Nov 22, 2012 5:08 PM

Mar 2008
I would if I had a good start in the country...as in either being able to attend college or have a job lined up for me that pays fairly well. Even then, I'd probably only move to Japan, as I don't really have an interest in moving to any other country outside of the USA.

So I suppose in short, that's most likely a no.
Jun 28, 2017 8:21 PM

Jul 2013

The OP edited the poll so I can't help but be curious as to what the fuck it was about before that.
Jun 28, 2017 8:22 PM

Jun 2015
Wolfsbane said:

The OP edited the poll so I can't help but be curious as to what the fuck it was about before that.
It was about moving to work with a game developing company I gather.

Jun 28, 2017 8:43 PM
Nov 2012
And so we shall never know... I can't remember either! ^^
Oi, Haru desu.
Jun 28, 2017 9:53 PM

Jun 2016
Jigero said:
I applied for job at CD-Project Red. it requires you move or live in Warshaw, if I got it (I doubt I will though) I would totally move there for it.

If I had to live in another country, Eastern European countries like Poland and Czech Republic would be my choice as well. They have many good game companies and I'm just fascinated by Slavic cultures.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » does height matter? ( 1 2 )

deg - Jan 2, 2022

97 by rohan121 »»
4 minutes ago

» I buy drugs without prescription where I live

scarydragon - 5 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
39 minutes ago

» Guys always finish last

MUFFlN - May 12

23 by Nette »»
53 minutes ago

» Do you record your thoughts down in a journal?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

23 by juanlqr »»
55 minutes ago

» Which "Attitudinal Psyche" do you think you are? (very easy 3-question)

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

10 by LoveYourSmile »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.