Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Shiina vs Aoyama
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2012 1:04 PM

Nov 2009
deathxempress said:
Bet that most of the people who voted for Mashiro is probably cause of her design. Or... They are Inori Yuzuriha fans & she reminds them of her.

i doubt it, both of them are completely different, probably just Kuudere fans in general
MagicFlierNov 30, 2012 6:08 PM
Nov 30, 2012 5:17 PM

Mar 2009
ShiinaxAoyama I wish. I like both, I don't know if I can choose so soon in. At first it was definitely Shiina for me, Aoyama was irritating when she first moved in. But by the next episode she grew on me, and now I like her too. And I still like Shiina, but I want to get to know her more. I guess for now, both. :3 Hope they continue to get along.
Nov 30, 2012 5:44 PM

Nov 2012
deathxempress said:
Bet that most of the people who voted for Mashiro is probably cause of her design. Or... They are Inori Yuzuriha fans & she reminds them of her.

No way. I feel Inori has been insulted.
More reason for me to vote for Aoyama.
Dec 1, 2012 4:20 AM

Nov 2011
Remember "Mashiro-iro Symphony". Maybe we will get another surprise (considering this will have a standalone ending)
Dec 1, 2012 5:52 AM

May 2009
hnryirawan said:
Remember "Mashiro-iro Symphony". Maybe we will get another surprise (considering this will have a standalone ending)

Don't compare visual novel with light novel. And this will have same ending as light novel.
bastek66Dec 1, 2012 6:28 AM
Dec 2, 2012 3:03 AM
Nov 2011
MagicFlier said:
deathxempress said:

i doubt it, both of them are completely different, probably just Kuudere fans in general

That's probably the case, i vote for Shiina because 'm a kuudere fan myself xD
Dec 2, 2012 9:29 AM
Jun 2012
MagicFlier said:
BloodyScarf said:
I voted for the "retarded" genius over the sweet and "normal" Aoyama.

Rather than saying ''retarded'', there is actually a legit word that can explain both Shiina's abnormal absentmindedness and abnormal memory all in one... I think it was a disorder, but better fix your wording. Shiina is not the definition of ''retarded''.

´autistic savant´ is probably the word you are looking for. Atleast that´s what she looks like to me. They excell at one thing such as math, music or drawing. Though I don´t think a human being like Mashiiro could really exist in real life.

That´s also why my vote goes to Aoyama because her personality is more realistic and somehow I feel that works better in romance. Shiina is cute though.
Dec 2, 2012 6:23 PM

Oct 2012
Arkasia said:
MagicFlier said:
BloodyScarf said:
I voted for the "retarded" genius over the sweet and "normal" Aoyama.

Rather than saying ''retarded'', there is actually a legit word that can explain both Shiina's abnormal absentmindedness and abnormal memory all in one... I think it was a disorder, but better fix your wording. Shiina is not the definition of ''retarded''.

´autistic savant´ is probably the word you are looking for. Atleast that´s what she looks like to me. They excell at one thing such as math, music or drawing. Though I don´t think a human being like Mashiiro could really exist in real life.

That´s also why my vote goes to Aoyama because her personality is more realistic and somehow I feel that works better in romance. Shiina is cute though.
Believe me, there are people like mashiro. My sister is autistic, and because of her, I met many autistics, and I've seen people who behave like mashiro, or at least closely similar
Dec 3, 2012 5:59 AM

May 2009
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Believe me, there are people like mashiro.

No shit. It's majority.
Dec 3, 2012 7:31 AM

Sep 2011
Shiina because this tsundere isn't like Taiga from Toradora; which was the only Tsundere I liked.
Dec 3, 2012 12:00 PM

Aug 2011
deathxempress said:

That's not true. I really don't care about Mashiro's design. She looks adorable and all, but I really don't care. And I loved Inorin too, but the only similarity there is that they both share the same seiyuu, and their attitude is a bit... same.

I like Mashiro:

a) She's not annoyingly tsun like Aoyama; with her, it's always misunderstandings and there's no fun involved. It's how generic Aoyama is that's the problem. It's just that her constant misunderstanding of situations and interrupting can get really annoying over the period of the anime. I don't hate her, I just don't nearly like her as much as I do Mashiro.
b) She's new to everything. She's like a little kid who wants to learn what the world is like, and that's cute.
c) I like kuuderes.
d) Mashiro really, really cares about her friends, especially Sorata. To the point where she went out on her own (despite not being able to do anything herself), and got him a charm for his presentation to go well. (It didn't do well in the end) And when she saw Sorata sad, she bought him another charm. She's aware of everyone's situations, and knows what she wants but can't express her emotions properly. When she was drawing her debut manga, after her editor (?) told her, she drew what she really wanted. And that was Sorata staying.

It's not that Aoyama isn't hardworking. She's definitely hardworking and I respect her. Mashiro is equally hardworking. She would stay up all night to finish her manga, and do everything. But the only difference is that Aoyama gets sick and Mashiro doesn't. That doesn't make Aoyama a harder worker than Mashiro. If you think about it, Mashiro would probably have been working, staying up all night for a long time. Painting isn't an easy thing, and if you want to become a famous painter, you have to be extremely, extremely talented. She would have probably been working most of her life to become famous.
Dec 3, 2012 12:40 PM
Aug 2012
Honestly i have to agree that most fans voted Mashiro for the looks but not all. Still i prefer Aoyama more than Mashiro. Why not we just look at their priorities:

Mashiro:

1) Her manga
2) Food
3) Her friends? (She is still oblivious to most stuff)

Aoyama

1) Voice Acting
2) Part time Works
3) School activities
4) Various chores at the Dorm
5) She practically has to support herself in everything

Aoyama has to deal with a considerable amount of stress compared to Shiina. She has to live by herself. Also if she fails to pay her school fees she has to give up her dreams and return to her parents (Already shown). But even so she tries her best to do everything right so nobody can pity her. No wonder she got sick under all this stress. I don't know why people say she is annoying. I think she is awesome.

In case of Shinna, she doesn't have to worry about this stuff. Her family is probably pretty rich (My guess from the flashbacks). No restriction on her dreams, doesn't have to care about living or anything else tbh. Honestly does she have enough stress that she would get sick over it?

So in my opinion, Aoyama definitely beats Mashiro in personality. She is realistic, hardworking and also nice-looking. Also she has common sense compared to Shinna. In episode 8, Shinna was standing there when Sorata was almost on the verge of crying. In these times, people should be left alone but she was standing there like that. Sorry Shinna fans, i don't hate her but Aoyama is much much better compared to Shinna.

Dec 3, 2012 12:55 PM

May 2009
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Mashiro:

1) Her manga
2) Food

Aoyama

1) Voice Acting
2) Part time Works
3) School activities

Wow, this is just pathetic way comparing characters.
Dec 3, 2012 1:38 PM
Aug 2012
bastek66 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Mashiro:

1) Her manga
2) Food

Aoyama

1) Voice Acting
2) Part time Works
3) School activities

Sorry why is this pathetic? Also someone missed the later part!!!

Dec 3, 2012 1:40 PM

May 2009
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

So, Aoyama don't eat and Mashiro don't participate in school activities?
Seriously. Whole 4th episode was about that Sorata is more important to her then manga.
Dec 3, 2012 1:49 PM
Aug 2012
Sorry but you seem to be have misunderstood.

bastek66 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

So, Aoyama don't eat and Mashiro don't participate in school activities?
Seriously. Whole 4th episode was about that Sorata is more important to her then manga.

I just listed their priorities.........food is one of her priorities (she even wished about it in the Shrine). And they don't have to study that hard compared to normal students (Ep 5: Remedial test questions are almost same as the suggestions given....should be clear after watching that episode). Also Sorata is equally important to Aoyama and she cares for him a lot. You misunderstood my points and didn't even read the later part!!!

Dec 3, 2012 2:04 PM

May 2009
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Also Sorata is equally important to Aoyama and she cares for him a lot

Especially when she punches him in the face for no reason.
Dec 3, 2012 2:07 PM

Feb 2010
shiina quite girls rarely get the main character so i want to see a change in that for once.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 3, 2012 2:09 PM
Aug 2012
bastek66 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Also Sorata is equally important to Aoyama and she cares for him a lot

Especially when she punches him in the face for no reason.

You couldn't even say why my points were pathetic and now you are changing topics??? Also 90% of the misunderstandings are caused by Shinna (remember the conversation in the park everyone misunderstood) if people hate Aoyama just because she is a Tsundere then its pathetic. There are much worse Tsunders in other animes and Aoyama's pretty normal compared to them. If you can't reply with facts don't start point arguments!!!

Dec 3, 2012 2:17 PM

Aug 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
bastek66 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Mashiro:

1) Her manga
2) Food

Aoyama

1) Voice Acting
2) Part time Works
3) School activities

Food is not a priority over her friends, it's just an add to the comical part of the show. In reality, she cares about her friends and manga over everything. Her manga is influence by her interactions with her friends.

Also, you think Mashiro has no stress? Did you forget how she reacted to failing to get her manga serialized the first time around? She definitely was not happy. She has a lot of internal pressure that she does not acknowledge, and with every failure, it will probably come crashing down on her.

Have you ever thought about WHY she may not be able to take care of herself? She devotes everything she has into her art. It's so obvious by her action. She has no problem staying up into late hours or anything.

I agree that comparing these two in that way is not a good idea. How can food be high on Mashiro's priority and not Aoyama? Those are the basic living necessities.

If you're going to make a comparison chart, make it more realistic.
Dec 3, 2012 2:31 PM
Aug 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
bastek66 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Mashiro:

1) Her manga
2) Food

Aoyama

1) Voice Acting
2) Part time Works
3) School activities

Food is not a priority over her friends, it's just an add to the comical part of the show. In reality, she cares about her friends and manga over everything. Her manga is influence by her interactions with her friends.

Also, you think Mashiro has no stress? Did you forget how she reacted to failing to get her manga serialized the first time around? She definitely was not happy. She has a lot of internal pressure that she does not acknowledge, and with every failure, it will probably come crashing down on her.

Have you ever thought about WHY she may not be able to take care of herself? She devotes everything she has into her art. It's so obvious by her action. She has no problem staying up into late hours or anything.

I agree that comparing these two in that way is not a good idea. How can food be high on Mashiro's priority and not Aoyama? Those are the basic living necessities.

First of all, i only listed them. I gave the comparison below and people overlook it for some reason and fuss about the food part. I don't hate her and neither did i say she is useless or uncaring or anything bad about her. Leave point 2 and it becomes realistic.

Second, how much trouble do you think taking care of a girl her age is and that means absolutely everything!!! You people are acting like Voice Acting or Game Designing are easier...........funny isn't it? Aoyama and Sorata are also trying to reach their dreams, devoting their time to their works, taking care of themselves and also taking care of her.

Stop fussing about food because thats the only thing you are doing. Any other solid facts?

Dec 3, 2012 4:03 PM

Aug 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
bastek66 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Mashiro:

1) Her manga
2) Food

Aoyama

1) Voice Acting
2) Part time Works
3) School activities

First of all, i only listed them. I gave the comparison below and people overlook it for some reason and fuss about the food part. I don't hate her and neither did i say she is useless or uncaring or anything bad about her. Leave point 2 and it becomes realistic.

Second, how much trouble do you think taking care of a girl her age is and that means absolutely everything!!! You people are acting like Voice Acting or Game Designing are easier...........funny isn't it? Aoyama and Sorata are also trying to reach their dreams, devoting their time to their works, taking care of themselves and also taking care of her.

Stop fussing about food because thats the only thing you are doing. Any other solid facts?

If you actually read my post, you should know that I only wrote one sentence about food. So I'm going to assume that you didn't read it properly.

Taking care of a girl her age is not easy, especially if she doesn't understand at that age. But with Mashiro, it's not that she doesn't understand, but it's that she doesn't know how and needs to be taught.

When did I say voice acting and game designing is easier? No. They are ten times harder. Especially since you have a one in a hundred/thousand shot in getting into those fields when you grow older (I know because I want to go in the gaming field). Yes, they are devoting themselves.

I'm not saying that they don't. I'm saying that those who think that what Mashiro does in comparison to the others is simple is wrong. Mashiro dedicates her soul to everything she does. She lives art, she breaths it. She's clearly been doing it since she was very young because that's probably the reason she doesn't know how to take care of herself.

Aoyama and Sorata are equally hardworking. In the anime, they both look at Mashiro and feel jealous for her ability to work that hard, pretty much. Aoyama thinks that in an episode, I forgot which one.

I never said anything about you hating Mashiro.

And once more, I am not fussing about food.
Dec 3, 2012 10:56 PM
Aug 2012
Well i read your post but after 2 posts by 2 people fussing about the same thing...........i got a little irritated. Besides i added that half-joking just to show what they do day or their priorities for each day. But people fuss too much.

But i was pointing out that Aoyama has much more to worry about than Shinna. While Shinna can focus all her time and concentration on drawing, Aoyama has to do all those stuff like voice acting, part time jobs and much more. On top of that, she still took car of Shinna. Shinna never has to worry about her dream ending but Aoyama constantly has to worry about it. And also Aoyama dedicate her soul to voice acting too, she went against her parent and living alone. So i respect Aoyama and prefer her over Shinna any day.

Shinna Fanboys were constantly ranting about how Aoyama is annoying or Tsundere rather than judging her character which is pretty stupid tbh. Just wanted to show them what each of them focus on each day and what kind of stuff they have to think about. Clearly Aoyama has it more hard than Shinna and she still works hard after all those problems.

I don't hate Shinna. Personally i think she is much better than some stupid moe characters i have recently seen. She is actually showing some development. But the anime will be typical and Shinna may win (higher chance) but i guess i can hope for the unexpected.

Dec 3, 2012 11:38 PM
Jul 2012
why no love for aoyama =(
Dec 4, 2012 2:33 AM
Jun 2012
trueld said:
why no love for aoyama =(

I love Aoyama :d. and 166 other people vs 218 for Mashiro. It's a lot more than I expected for a 'secondary' character. Secondary because Mashiro is pretty much the face of the series and when someone says 'Sakurasou no Pet na kanojo' most people will picture Mashiro in their mind first.
Dec 4, 2012 6:24 AM

Aug 2007
I prefer Shiina, Aoyama is really annoying and after all this episdes, I hate her.
Dec 4, 2012 6:36 AM

Feb 2012
The one deserving doesn't really get what he/she deserves most of the time just like in Koichoco/Koi To Senkyo To Chocolate /sobs

Let's face it everyone and just accept the fact that Aoyama will never win, It's sad, I know, 'cause she deserves to win the fight. Aoyama's just a secondary character and secondariy characters mostly lose their love so yeah. That's it but it's way too early to judge tho. We'll never know what the future holds for these 3 people bounded by love.
Altaria-chanDec 4, 2012 6:49 AM
Dec 4, 2012 6:46 AM
Jun 2012
pizza_012 said:
The one deserving doesn't really get what he/she deserves most of the time just like in Koichoco /sobs

.. Satsuki Shinonome <3
Dec 4, 2012 6:53 AM

Feb 2012
Arkasia said:
pizza_012 said:
The one deserving doesn't really get what he/she deserves most of the time just like in Koichoco /sobs

.. Satsuki Shinonome <3

Yep, Satsuki. You nailed it. She was the on whom i was talkin' about. She deserves the MC more than Chisato. I was just really upset with the outcome. It was just stupid and i will forever hate that series for making Chisato the one rather than Shinonome Satsuki. I think it will be the same case as for this one......./sobs
Dec 4, 2012 7:04 AM
Jun 2012
pizza_012 said:

Yep, Satsuki. You nailed it. She was the on whom i was talkin' about. She deserves the MC more than Chisato. I was just really upset with the outcome. It was just stupid and i will forever hate that series for making Chisato the one rather than Shinonome Satsuki. I think it will be the same case as for this one......./sobs

exactly. The first 2/3th of the series I was convinced it was going to be one of my favorites but when it became clear somewhere around episode 9 that they were taking the Chisato route I was like 'nooo'. It was horribly executed too. Now I hold a grudge against the series. Lots of people on the forum here thought the same way though.

more OT: since Aoyama is the protagonists childhood friend, just like Chisato was, maybe there is hope? Probably not tho.. Don't feel like spoilng it by reading up on the light novel's ending either. Guess I'll just keep hoping for a few more episodes until it becomes too blatant to deny.
Dec 4, 2012 7:11 AM

May 2009
Arkasia said:
more OT: since Aoyama is the protagonists childhood friend

Are you an idiot? It's already 9th episode and you still think they are childhood friends?

Besides stop comparing LNs with VNs.
Dec 4, 2012 7:18 AM

Feb 2012
Arkasia said:
exactly. The first 2/3th of the series I was convinced it was going to be one of my favorites but when it became clear somewhere around episode 9 that they were taking the Chisato route I was like 'nooo'. It was horribly executed too. Now I hold a grudge against the series. Lots of people on the forum here thought the same way though.

Indeed, you pretty summed up my whole sentiment throughout that series. FOREVER Satsuki Shinonome <3 In our hearts, She is the winner =)

Arkasia said:
more OT: since Aoyama is the protagonists childhood friend, just like Chisato was, maybe there is hope? Probably not tho.. Don't feel like spoilng it by reading up on the light novel's ending either. Guess I'll just keep hoping for a few more episodes until it becomes too blatant to deny.

The main female lead always gets the guy anyway so i don't really see the point of this thread. Secondary Characters Like Satsuki and Aoyama will likely end up being defeated and that just sucks. I'm still not losing any hope tho. Go Aoyama!
Dec 4, 2012 10:17 AM

Aug 2012
Funny how Aoyama is catching up more and more each week. I don't understand what reasons people have for liking Shiina besides being attractive?

Dull, lack of emotion, obsessed with art and unable to look after herself. OMG what an amazing partner she'd make!

I suppose Aoyama's character is more generic though.
Dec 4, 2012 10:20 AM
Nov 2010
pizza_012 said:
Arkasia said:
pizza_012 said:

.. Satsuki Shinonome <3

I loved that show for that.
Dec 4, 2012 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
LOL at mashiro fans... Yeah sure Mashiro has a lot of stress.....She's only a world class artist who just dabbles in manga for fun and is now having her manga serialized.... Not to mention she is probably wealthy from her paintings or her family(she must have had an expensive art teacher) and set for life.Mashiro is retarded.I guess people find retarded girls to be "cute". Or at least immature people do. Dependency makes Shiina severely inferior to Nanami.
Also to the poster who sees a similarity between Shiina and inori from GC, I see it as well. Which makes sense because they are both annoying and terrible characters. Mysterious and interesting personality? Ha!! you mean personality that is as dry as sandpaper!
omoikane27Dec 4, 2012 1:00 PM
Dec 4, 2012 12:54 PM

Aug 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Well i read your post but after 2 posts by 2 people fussing about the same thing...........i got a little irritated. Besides i added that half-joking just to show what they do day or their priorities for each day. But people fuss too much.

But i was pointing out that Aoyama has much more to worry about than Shinna. While Shinna can focus all her time and concentration on drawing, Aoyama has to do all those stuff like voice acting, part time jobs and much more. On top of that, she still took car of Shinna. Shinna never has to worry about her dream ending but Aoyama constantly has to worry about it. And also Aoyama dedicate her soul to voice acting too, she went against her parent and living alone. So i respect Aoyama and prefer her over Shinna any day.

Shinna Fanboys were constantly ranting about how Aoyama is annoying or Tsundere rather than judging her character which is pretty stupid tbh. Just wanted to show them what each of them focus on each day and what kind of stuff they have to think about. Clearly Aoyama has it more hard than Shinna and she still works hard after all those problems.

I don't hate Shinna. Personally i think she is much better than some stupid moe characters i have recently seen. She is actually showing some development. But the anime will be typical and Shinna may win (higher chance) but i guess i can hope for the unexpected.

Oh okay, I'm sorry. I understand how you feel.

Aoyama's taking care of Mashiro was unnecessary. Sorata was already managing it, and she pretty much took charge. She had a lot of other priorities, but she tried to take care of Mashiro. If she didn't have Mashiro Duty, she'd have more time to practise and stuff. Yes, Aoyama is hardworking. But she could have taken help. Sorata was so willing to help her, but instead she got angry at him. She wanted to handle everything HERSELF.

Well of course she's going to fail that way.

Aoyama is kinda annoys me. But even though I'm a Mashiro fangirl, it's not because she's a tsun. That entire episode ruined her for me. Before, I kinda liked her but then I changed my mind. She thinks she can literally do anything by herself, and refuses to take help from others. That attitude really annoys me. Because, without the help of others, you really can't go anywhere in life.
Dec 4, 2012 2:29 PM
Aug 2012
Well it can said in another way, even after all these problems she still has her pride intact and doesn't want anyone to look down on her. Especially to Sorata because she has a crush on her.

Its good that Sorata isn't a pervert and Jin doesn't take any advantage (despite being a MAHARAJA) otherwise god knows what would have happened. So it was a rather logical decision for Aoyama to take care of her. She just over estimated herself but people learn from failures right!

Dec 4, 2012 3:39 PM
Sep 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Also she has common sense compared to Shinna. In episode 8, Shinna was standing there when Sorata was almost on the verge of crying. In these times, people should be left alone but she was standing there like that. Sorry Shinna fans, i don't hate her but Aoyama is much much better compared to Shinna.

No, she isn't
Common sense? Are you reallly that blind? What about her question, about being depressed?
And... who cares about stress? Shiina's family is rich so what?
Where is the logic here?

I like Aoyama, but she isn't the only one who is under stress.
spacexplorer wrote about being famous artist...
Yeah!! I forgot, that famous people shouldn't be under stress! their life is so easy!
seriously how old are you?

DStev said:
Funny how Aoyama is catching up more and more each week. I don't understand what reasons people have for liking Shiina besides being attractive?

Dull, lack of emotion, obsessed with art and unable to look after herself. OMG what an amazing partner she'd make!

I suppose Aoyama's character is more generic though.

I don't understand what reasons people have for liking Aoyama besides being attractive?
Overreacting
No common sense
stubborn

Delete8Dec 4, 2012 5:55 PM
Dec 4, 2012 6:18 PM

Nov 2012
I think Aoyama is way too hot for Sorata. Shiina is good enough for somebody like him.

Serge91 said:

I don't understand what reasons people have for liking Aoyama besides being attractive?
Overreacting
No common sense
stubborn

If Aoyama has no common sense, what about shina.
Dec 4, 2012 6:24 PM

Feb 2012
Shiina is miles away now :D

It's painful watching Aoyama knowing Shiina will obviously win Sorata...
Dec 4, 2012 6:48 PM

Apr 2012
Serge91 said:
Common sense? Are you reallly that blind? What about her question, about being depressed?
And... who cares about stress? Shiina's family is rich so what?
Where is the logic here?
I like Aoyama, but she isn't the only one who is under stress.
spacexplorer wrote about being famous artist...
Yeah!! I forgot, that famous people shouldn't be under stress! their life is so easy!
seriously how old are you?

True Aoyama does lack tact in that particular situation but she still has a lot more common sense than Shiina.Also Aoyama asked that only because she was concerned. Sorata wasn't annoyed at the question so stop getting your panties in a bunch. And we are supposed to symphasize with Shiina, a character who barely understands what failure means and who has it made? LOL. Shiina is talented. Even for a manga she was supposedly having trouble with at the beginning of the series, she didn't overcome much and even got it serialized. Smooth sailing. Aoyama broke down from having to balance so many things including her work and voice acting. Yet she never complained or cause trouble for others.Aoyama clearly sacrificed more knowing that her parents do not support her goals.She's very Japanese in the sense that she works hard and does not want to rely on anyone. Unlike Mashiro who causes other people headaches......

Serge91 said:
Overreacting
No common sense
stubborn

Yeah thing is Aoyama isn't quite as attractive as Mashiro.She's pretty but in a fairly normal way. Shiina is English and has more distinct physical features( light colored hair for example). If anything, that statement should be applied to Mashiro whose character is honestly not all that unique like some people think it is. The tsundere is annoying but somewhat realistic and humorous at times. OTOH,watching a dandere is like watching paint dry(yeah shiina is not kuudere...i really don't know why people think that because she's clearly not,she's not cool and alpha enough). It's the same reason why Yuki Nagato from Haruhi Suzumiya and Kande Tachibana from Angel Beats are such pointless characters.Yet all of them have strong fanbases.Can't understand their appeal since quiet emotionless girls in RL are barely noticed and generally ignored.....
omoikane27Dec 4, 2012 7:03 PM
Dec 4, 2012 7:08 PM
Sep 2008
jose21 said:
I think Aoyama is way too hot for Sorata. Shiina is good enough for somebody like him.

Serge91 said:

Overreacting
No common sense
stubborn

If Aoyama has no common sense, what about shina.

The same. You should know why I wrote this
spacexplorer said:

True Aoyama does lack tact in that particular situation but she still has a lot more common sense than Shiina.Also Aoyama asked that only because she was concerned. Sorata wasn't annoyed at the question so stop getting your panties in a bunch. And we are supposed to symphasize with Shiina, a character who barely understands what failure means and who has it made? LOL. Shiina is talented. Even for a manga she was supposedly having trouble with at the beginning of the series, she didn't overcome much and even got it serialized. Smooth sailing. Aoyama broke down from having to balance so many things including her work and voice acting. Yet she never complained or cause trouble for others.Aoyama clearly sacrificed more knowing that her parents do not support her goals.She's very Japanese in the sense that she works hard and does not want to rely on anyone. Unlike Mashiro who causes other people headaches......

I won't like Aoyama only because she is not that talented and her life is harder. Yes, she doesn't want to rely on someone, but it's not enough to like her more than Shiina
spacexplorer said:

Serge91 said:
Overreacting
No common sense
stubborn

Yeah thing is Aoyama isn't as attractive as Mashiro. If anything, that statement should be applied to Mashiro whose character is honestly not all that unique like people think it is. The tsundere is annoying but somewhat realistic and humorous at times. OTOH,watching a dandere is like watching paint dry(yeah shiina is not kuudere...i really don't know why people think because she's clearly not,she's not cool and alpha enough). It's the same reason why Yuki Nagato from Haruhi Suzumiya and Kande Tachibana from Angel Beats are such pointless characters.Yet all of them have strong fanbases.Can't see their appeal since quiet girls in RL are barely noticed and generally ignored.....

I agree with most of what you wrote, but i wouldn't say that quiet girls in RL are barely noticed, but being "quiet" is too general term so it's hard to talk about it. It depends, but as i said, i wouldn't go that far.
About those fanbases... srsly i don't know. It's anime chara,they are too unrealistic to be in some fanbase, but everyone has their own taste
Delete8Dec 4, 2012 7:18 PM
Dec 4, 2012 7:16 PM

Feb 2012
WOW at people fighting and whining over on who's better. Actually, these two have their own unique and distinctive characteristics so it's pretty off to compare them tho i'm rooting for Aoyama 'cause reality-wise, her personality is way more ahead than Shiina.

BUT...

It won't change anything anyway. Shiina will definitely win Sorata's love for sure. Let's just hope that Aoyama will put up a big fight over Shiina.
Dec 4, 2012 7:18 PM

Feb 2012
lol at people getting so worked up just because of this and OPINIONS.
Dec 4, 2012 7:21 PM

Feb 2012
HauntingShock said:

lol yeah. The winner is obvious lol but i'm still on Aoyama's side tho :P
Dec 4, 2012 7:32 PM

Feb 2012
pizza_012 said:
HauntingShock said:

lol yeah. The winner is obvious lol but i'm still on Aoyama's side tho :P

HauntingShock said:
I like them both, but if I were to choose, I'd say Aoyama :D

Shiina would probably win this poll anyway~

*Brofists*
Dec 4, 2012 8:56 PM

May 2012
While it makes sense that Shiina will probably win, don't count Aoyama out. I heard in Japan they were having a voting system where the author of the light novels had his fanbase vote on the outcome of who Sorata should end up with, in other words Shiina versus Aoyama. It was also said in the LN that Sorata's mom prefers Aoyama and thinks she would be a perfect wife.
Dec 4, 2012 9:01 PM

Aug 2010
dchoy said:
While it makes sense that Shiina will probably win, don't count Aoyama out. I heard in Japan they were having a voting system where the author of the light novels had his fanbase vote on the outcome of who Sorata should end up with, in other words Shiina versus Aoyama. It was also said in the LN that Sorata's mom prefers Aoyama and thinks she would be a perfect wife.

Well I'm pretty sure that Shiina will win that poll. But I'm surprised that he's doing a poll. That usually only happens when there isn't a main girl/main female lead, but this show clearly has one.
Dec 4, 2012 9:06 PM

May 2012
Ragna92 said:
dchoy said:

Well I'm pretty sure that Shiina will win that poll. But I'm surprised that he's doing a poll. That usually only happens when there isn't a main girl/main female lead, but this show clearly has one.

I hate that though. For instance in Baka and Test. He should OBVIOUSLY end up with Shimada but they will probably just pair him with Mizuki. I mean sometimes the secondary character is way better than the main girl. I don't hate Shiina or Mizuki. I think both are great main character leads but at the same time, I think Aoyama and Shimada are perfect for their respective main characters as well.
Dec 4, 2012 9:32 PM

Mar 2012
dchoy said:
While it makes sense that Shiina will probably win, don't count Aoyama out. I heard in Japan they were having a voting system where the author of the light novels had his fanbase vote on the outcome of who Sorata should end up with, in other words Shiina versus Aoyama.

That's actually just a false rumor that's been spreading around. The poll was merely a popularity vote; one that definitely won't be affecting the outcome of the final relationship in the LN's.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2012

213 by Liddo-kun »»
Feb 9, 3:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.