Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 4, 2012 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
Rannta said:
If this is the way of little busters to show the "plot" i will drop it. Bored like hell episode. And komari is simply annoying. I'm beggining to think that little busters must be the most overrated vn ever created.

You're watching a Key work and most of Key works always begin at arcs before the main plot. Since you haven't tried Air, Kanon and Clannad then you know nothing. Also, saying overrated yet it seems you like Hyouka and Another. Hyouka and Another are also overrated.

Nov 4, 2012 2:15 PM

Jun 2009
Can't wait for the next episode. I assume that the drama is really going to kick in the next episode. VN players said that the drama is really really good in LB so I expect a lot in the following episodes. I'm considering playing the VN, because so many people say it the best and because of Rin. She is by far my favorite character atm. Love her shy side =$
Nov 4, 2012 2:16 PM

Oct 2011
skapandi said:
Haha, to be fair

I agree with Kengo he is adorable :)

And with Kyousuke it was...
Nov 4, 2012 2:16 PM

Nov 2010
Let's just not comparing it to another "overrated", everyone have their own "overrated" things and I believe "overrated" itself is overrated. Let's stop this.

Go home and watch another else if you don't like any anime, it's your own win and it's also your own lose if it's actually really good.

But if you want some more keeping words, let's just say that if you're smart enough in catching foreshadowing, you should have see and you will see some scattered clues that will be connected in the future, which is connected in Refrain. Even though I haven't cleared all of the routes, for some reason I get a vibe that's similar to another visual novel called

I guess they're going to use "that" kind of plot, a kind of plot that is one of the visual novel's forte as a medium. I'm pumped up! (now in Kud's route, two more routes to go!)
Nov 4, 2012 2:42 PM
Apr 2012
Rannta said:
If this is the way of little busters to show the "plot" i will drop it. Bored like hell episode. And komari is simply annoying. I'm beggining to think that little busters must be the most overrated vn ever created.

Your add more reason to my hate for JC.
Nov 4, 2012 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
Dalek-baka said:

Yeah, he is ^^
His scenes in Refrain totally broke my heart, dude needed a hug.Well, all of them needed a hug ;-;
Nov 4, 2012 3:12 PM
Jul 2012
Dalek-baka said:
skapandi said:
Haha, to be fair

Mio is the type to like Theory
Kurugaya is more into practice.
also
Nov 4, 2012 3:24 PM

Sep 2011
blubberflub said:

it's the pacing, were only 5 episodes in and were already half way through komari's route. in the vn we had the whole common route which was over 5 hours worth of character development to get to know komari and (for those that dont mind her) care about her, making the break down MUCH more effective. while in the anime version we knew komari for like an hour. hardly anyone would care about this annoying, clumsy, moeblob girl that JC portrayed.

another thing.. theyre shoving random group activity/common route during the route (yui chan, komari max, baseball practice, a kinniku quote by masato (which by the way belittles his character)). in the visual novel, we had plenty of time to transition out of the happy mood into the individual routes which overall created that eerie/serious tone. the whole thing feels watered down because of these dumb choices in direction.

hell, the characters feel totally different from the VN... im scared for the later parts of the story.. if this is the foundation the viewers are working off of, i feel like refrain wont nearly be as good..

Almost forgot to comment on this.
Completely agree with everything said, so true.You pretty much got it down.
skapandiNov 4, 2012 3:27 PM
Nov 4, 2012 3:48 PM

Sep 2010
Seeing that cheerful Komari break down like this is really... don't know the words to describe this
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Nov 4, 2012 3:57 PM

Nov 2010
flack said:
Rannta said:

Why bother? There will always be haters (or any other similar term) for literally everything.

Even in the golden time of Key-KyoAni partnership, you can found people complains everywhere. Even if KyoAni adapt LB in the alternate universe, I'm sure that people will still complain, especially considering LB's nature of storytelling device.
Nov 4, 2012 4:10 PM

Sep 2012
Decent episode, the dead cat was a really cheap plot device though.
Nov 4, 2012 4:10 PM

Jan 2010
blubberflub said:
skapandi said:

I guess.Since you seem to know more than me I won't argue with that.
I don't really have that many problems with the script, something else feels off.Probably the direction, but I'm not entirely sure.
And when I said Key wasn't to blame here I meant more like the original source material wasn't to blame other than their supervision work on the anime.Probably should've been clearer on that.

it's the pacing, were only 5 episodes in and were already half way through komari's route. in the vn we had the whole common route which was over 5 hours worth of character development to get to know komari and (for those that dont mind her) care about her, making the break down MUCH more effective. while in the anime version we knew komari for like an hour. hardly anyone would care about this annoying, clumsy, moeblob girl that JC portrayed.

another thing.. theyre shoving random group activity/common route during the route (yui chan, komari max, baseball practice, a kinniku quote by masato (which by the way belittles his character)). in the visual novel, we had plenty of time to transition out of the happy mood into the individual routes which overall created that eerie/serious tone. the whole thing feels watered down because of these dumb choices in direction.

hell, the characters feel totally different from the VN... im scared for the later parts of the story.. if this is the foundation the viewers are working off of, i feel like refrain wont nearly be as good..

As said I also believe that pacing is a big issue. Things are happening too fast it feels sudden and forced. But I'm not going to return to that point as last time I got shot down by angry fan boys. My biggest concern for this episode is the characters there starting to differ from the VN. However I'll give jc staff a little credit for the superb audio (and by that i mean they've changed the tracks slightly and the new folly sounds are good) and animation quality. 7/10

----------—-----------
However on an important side note, those who have played the VN are expecting it to be ruined by jc staff however those who have not and have watched clannad, they're gonna expect something like clannad. And the fubdlemental problem with little busters (in making an adaption ) is how the story a told. The alternate/ripples/individual worlds or what ever you want to call it leaves jc staff with some intresting and unique ways to tell the little buster story however they are planning it safe and following the clannad style. Little busters has the potential to be something more if they would try to be slightly more creative.
PhainxNov 4, 2012 4:22 PM
Life is a game
Nov 4, 2012 4:16 PM
Apr 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
flack said:
Rannta said:

Why bother? There will always be haters (or any other similar term) for literally everything.

Even in the golden time of Key-KyoAni partnership, you can found people complains everywhere. Even if KyoAni adapt LB in the alternate universe, I'm sure that people will still complain, especially considering LB's nature of storytelling device.

I am mad because People are dissing the VN based on the inferior anime.

flackNov 4, 2012 4:32 PM
Nov 4, 2012 4:30 PM

Aug 2011
LOL you just posted a huge spoiler dude
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 4, 2012 4:35 PM
Jul 2012
damn I come back from dinner and there's a real serious discussing on the threads? why can't we all just take it easy and just talk about trap Riki or Operation Loli Loli hunters
Nov 4, 2012 4:35 PM

Nov 2010
flack said:

Do you think that there aren't many people who did the same thing before? There were also elitists who didn't like that their favorite VN animated, nothing new. Now just add more sentiments to J.C Staff, just because it's J.C Staff. Although this is faaaaaaaaaaaaar better than the early "J.C Staff VN butchering" years ago.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=52052&show=0
Just look at how people react in early Clannad, although it's adapted by the so-called-omnipotent KyoAni.

The real bet is how J.C Staff will adapt Refrain, and if we have to score to this point, this is a pretty good adaptation, aside from meh animation and amateurish direction (pretty good storyboarding, tho).
Nov 4, 2012 4:54 PM
Apr 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
flack said:

Do you think that there aren't many people who did the same thing before? There were also elitists who didn't like that their favorite VN animated, nothing new. Now just add more sentiments to J.C Staff, just because it's J.C Staff. Although this is faaaaaaaaaaaaar better than the early "J.C Staff VN butchering" years ago.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=52052&show=0
Just look at how people react in early Clannad, although it's adapted by the so-called-omnipotent KyoAni.

The real bet is how J.C Staff will adapt Refrain, and if we have to score to this point, this is a pretty good adaptation, aside from meh animation and amateurish direction (pretty good storyboarding, tho).

Sigh let me make myself clear. I don't like ppl who judge the entire VN just based solely on its anime adaptation.

I just read the first few pages of that thread you posted, where are the people that are dissing the Clannad visual novel? I don't see them. It seems to me that the thread is based on people unsatisfied with the first season of the anime.

And I do realize that in any anime there are going to be ppl who are going to be unhappy with the anime. But you don't go and say shit about its VN.
Nov 4, 2012 4:54 PM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
damn I come back from dinner and there's a real serious discussing on the threads? why can't we all just take it easy and just talk about trap Riki or Operation Loli Loli hunters

I know right? People need to learn to discuss the more IMPORTANT aspects of this anime.

Trap Riki and the Awfully Fun Filled Sleepover Party is going to make or break this anime. Oh, and maybe something about Refrain too, but that's not as important.
Nov 4, 2012 4:56 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:

I know right? People need to learn to discuss the more IMPORTANT aspects of this anime.

Trap Riki and the Awfully Fun Filled Sleepover Party is going to make or break this anime. Oh, and maybe something about Refrain too, but that's not as important.

It's not Little busters with out Awfully Fun Filled Sleepover Party which is highlighted by Trap Riki.
Nov 4, 2012 5:04 PM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:

It's not Little busters with out Awfully Fun Filled Sleepover Party which is highlighted by Trap Riki.

(Maybe if we secretly and subtly post images everyone will forget about haters and be happy again...)
SleepingEntityNov 4, 2012 5:15 PM
Nov 4, 2012 5:10 PM

Nov 2010
flack said:

Sigh let me make myself clear. I don't like ppl who judge the entire VN just based solely on its anime adaptation.

I just read the first few pages of that thread you posted, where are the people that are dissing the Clannad visual novel? I don't see them. It seems to me that the thread is based on people unsatisfied with the first season of the anime.

And I do realize that in any anime there are going to be ppl who are going to be unhappy with the anime. But you don't go and say shit about its VN.

Please also give some more insight to how situation in Clannad adaptation and in current LB adaptation differ.

Back there, not many people could play the Clannad VN before the anime aired, so there aren't many people who use "But I've played the VN and it's really good!" as a proof. Many people just say that "I love previous KyoAni's VN adaptations, so this must be good, too."

This time, people can't use KyoAni as a guarantee anymore, so most people use the VN as the "guarantee", since it's been translated a long time ago. Add more "the VN is the best VN evah" claims, that resulting in association between VN and anime adaptation. It's not (entirely) the fault of J.C.

I understand about your motif, but I just think that thinking too much about other people's opinions are useless. Haters gonna hate, and if you care too much about them, you lose.

We are also wasting our time here, so I guess we should stop. Why the heck I cared too much about this, anyway? (=w=)"
Nov 4, 2012 5:30 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:

speaking of fun things, Newspaper sword fights!

(Maybe if we secretly and subtly post images everyone will forget about haters and be happy again...)

speaking of fun things, Newspaper Sword fights!
Nov 4, 2012 5:39 PM

Jul 2011
Good guy LB 05: letting you know that the adaptation will be successful
Key Fan
Nov 4, 2012 5:51 PM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:

"I am grateful to thee!"

WHA-BAM!

Who knew Rin was such a great sword-fighter...

Okay, this is now an official "BEST OF: Little Busters! Comedy Moments" Thread!!!

Here we go:
Nov 4, 2012 6:28 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:

"I am grateful to thee!"

WHA-BAM!

Who knew Rin was such a great sword-fighter...

Okay, this is now an official "BEST OF: Little Busters! Comedy Moments" Thread!!!

Here we go:

I always wanted to know...
Nov 4, 2012 6:44 PM

Apr 2010
Great episode this week, it was really touching as expected of a work by key

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Nov 4, 2012 6:44 PM

Sep 2012
What wait what?

Why do I not remember reading that?!
Nov 4, 2012 6:49 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
What wait what?

Because you Left Ctrl ?
Nov 4, 2012 6:51 PM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
What wait what?

Because you Left Ctrl ?

Well, does it only happen after a reset? Even so, I rarely skipped text. Most of the times I just saved at branch points.
Nov 4, 2012 6:57 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
What wait what?

Because you Left Ctrl ?

Well, does it only happen after a reset? Even so, I rarely skipped text. Most of the times I just saved at branch points.

It's during the practice on that day
Nov 4, 2012 7:10 PM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
What wait what?

Because you Left Ctrl ?

Anyways, back to the topic at hand:

Nov 4, 2012 7:17 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
What wait what?

Because you Left Ctrl ?

Anyways, back to the topic at hand:

use imgurl, yours are always too small to see the text
Nov 4, 2012 7:19 PM

Sep 2012
Wait, don't my images show up as full-size? They do on my browser...
Nov 4, 2012 7:21 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:

They don't on mine
Nov 4, 2012 7:21 PM

Oct 2012
I've posted this before but:
Goddamn! What the fuck have you done to my Kud? I'm gonna fucking kick your fucking ass, man! Touch me again and you will get numb!
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Nov 4, 2012 7:24 PM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:

They don't on mine

Tell me which of these works

Nov 4, 2012 7:24 PM
Jul 2012
eltonsu999 said:
Goddamn! What the fuck have you done to my Kud? I'm gonna fucking kick your fucking ass, man! Touch me again and you will get numb!

p.....oop
Nov 4, 2012 7:25 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:

They don't on mine

Tell me which of these works

the last 2 worked the first one no
Nov 4, 2012 7:26 PM

Sep 2012
Okay I'll use imgur then. Strange, since they all look exactly the same for me.
Nov 4, 2012 7:30 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
Okay I'll use imgur then. Strange, since they all look exactly the same for me.

Which reminds me they never translated Masato's quote in episode one you know the Ugh gah Chogi thing
Nov 4, 2012 7:33 PM

Sep 2012
"Nma tsa chogi!"
- Inohara Masato, reflecting on his life

Does it mean anything? I thought it was just a babble of nonsense.
Nov 4, 2012 7:39 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
"Nma tsa chogi!"
- Inohara Masato, reflecting on his life

Does it mean anything? I thought it was just a babble of nonsense.

Kyouske Translates it for us
Nov 4, 2012 7:40 PM

Oct 2012
blasterion said:
eltonsu999 said:

p.....oop

oop... Common man, u should realise its a continuous cycle. Did it with a friend once in the library, everyone stared at us :P
Nov 4, 2012 7:42 PM
Jul 2012
eltonsu999 said:
blasterion said:
eltonsu999 said:

p.....oop

oop... Common man, u should realise its a continuous cycle. Did it with a friend once in the library, everyone stared at us :P
oop
Nov 4, 2012 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
blasterion said:
eltonsu999 said:
blasterion said:
eltonsu999 said:

p.....oop

oop

oop
Nov 4, 2012 8:15 PM

Aug 2011
"Let's go on a date!" WTF? Dating Komari is like taking advantage of someone who's mentally retarded. Because that's what she is.

"Will you be my brother?" WTF? Make up your mind.

Not like I can take anything she says seriously with how annoying her voice is. Her crying is worse than a babies. She BSODs at a dead cat.
Nov 4, 2012 8:20 PM

Sep 2012
DraconisMarch said:
"Let's go on a date!" WTF? Dating Komari is like taking advantage of someone who's mentally retarded. Because that's what she is.

Not like I can take anything she says seriously with how annoying her voice is. Her crying is worse than a babies. She BSODs at a dead cat.

*Raises one eyebrow*

You know, everything you criticised is all explained as part of her route...

...except maybe the voice. I'll give you that, I guess.
Nov 4, 2012 8:33 PM
Jul 2012
DraconisMarch said:

Oh god I laughed way more than I was supposed too
Nov 4, 2012 8:57 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
DraconisMarch said:

*Raises one eyebrow*

Komari doesn't have enough Muscles to satisfy him
Nov 4, 2012 9:09 PM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
DraconisMarch said:

*Raises one eyebrow*

Komari doesn't have enough Muscles to satisfy him

"Masato, muscles are like your critieria for everything."

Luckily Masato is generously giving out helpings of his muscles!

Oh that reminds me:

"What's that, little Kud? You need need a muscle-mate? Someone to handle the muscles?"

"ROOM-MATE, Inohara-san!"

"Oh, you should've said so earlier!"

XD
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.