Forum Settings
Forums

K-ON! Movie and Yuru Yuri Win 17th Animation Kobe Awards

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 13, 2012 3:32 AM

Mar 2009
Sanguis said:
dtshyk said:

Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

What. How can this be?

I agree :S
Oct 13, 2012 3:41 AM

Mar 2011
Not surprised but well done.

Yvese said:
I approve.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Oct 13, 2012 3:53 AM

Jul 2011
Akari did it !
Oct 13, 2012 4:22 AM

Feb 2010
yuri yuri ??? how ???
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Oct 13, 2012 4:57 AM

Mar 2012
I approve of K-On and Taiyou Iwaku Moeyo Chaos.
Oct 13, 2012 4:59 AM

Jun 2012
Yuru Yuri? Didnt see that coming ._. lol
Oct 13, 2012 5:33 AM
Feb 2012
Yuru Yuri FTW! ;)
Oct 13, 2012 5:41 AM

Sep 2012
The first anime that I bought its every single BD first-hand (not second-hand) in Japan is

YURU YURI !!!!

The only anime movie that I flew to Japan to watch in theater is

K-ON !!!!

I congratulate these two anime as well as myself (as an early and enthusiastic supporter)
symbvOct 13, 2012 9:05 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2012 5:43 AM

Apr 2012
decent list...

K-ON! Movie deserves the award...

But then while I'm a fans of YrYr, I think Fate/Zero deserves this award better... just saying
Oct 13, 2012 5:44 AM

Jul 2012
YES.

YURU YURI.

I LOVE YOU JAPAN.

SEASON 3 WHEN?
Oct 13, 2012 5:46 AM

Jul 2010
I can't stop being baffled by the popularity of K-ON!. I tried watching a few moe shows with cute girls and they all seem the same to me. I can understand that some people like moe, but it seems that K-ON is much more popular than anything else in the category. What exactly makes K-ON stand out from the other moe shows?
Oct 13, 2012 6:35 AM

Sep 2012
Reinou said:
I can't stop being baffled by the popularity of K-ON!. I tried watching a few moe shows with cute girls and they all seem the same to me. I can understand that some people like moe, but it seems that K-ON is much more popular than anything else in the category. What exactly makes K-ON stand out from the other moe shows?

I would leave it to some other people to talk about what makes K-ON stand out, but one thing I would say is that fans love different moe shows because they can tell the differences between those shows and their characters. If they all look the same to you then the so-called "moe show" (as I said before, actually most of the midnight anime these days are moe show anyway, but whatever) is probably not for you already.
symbvOct 13, 2012 7:55 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2012 7:52 AM

Mar 2012
Reinou said:

If Kyoto Animation just did a straightforward adaptation of the manga then it would have been just another moe show. But the amount of love that they put into making it is what made it so popular. Sure it's a cash cow. I'm not going to deny that. But it's popular because the animation studio actually care about the finished product. They put a lot of detail into the backgrounds, use real life locations and guitar models, create a multitude of unique songs for the anime and have really high production values. Plus, the cast is one of the best in any slice of life.

But, I kind of expect a comment like that from someone who never finished season 2 or watched the movie. So I'll forgive your stupidity
Oct 13, 2012 8:20 AM
Sep 2011
Kinda bums me out that K-On's winning awards, but Nichijou did so poorly that it's not likely to get a second season. I'm happy for Yuru Yuri though. A third season would be nice, or maybe a movie?

SquadmemberRitsu said:

But, I kind of expect a comment like that from someone who never finished season 2 or watched the movie. So I'll forgive your stupidity

I never even finished the first season. How stupid does that make me?
Oct 13, 2012 8:31 AM

Oct 2008
Yuru Yuri is entertaining. That's for sure.

But anime of the year? I think that's a little much...
Oct 13, 2012 9:30 AM

Jun 2008
Damonashu said:
dtshyk said:

Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

So I'm guessing no other movie came out then? Because surely, that is the only way this could be possible right? And all those anime I've seen that aren't Yuru Yuri are from me hallucinating I'm guessing?

I get that those type of anime tend to sell like hotcakes, which I might add, I have never actually seen a sale for, but to get best tv anime and best anime movie? Surely there is something amiss here?

Anyway to see the other nominees?

Agreed O.o Just what has become of this world...
Oct 13, 2012 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
Damonashu said:

So I'm guessing no other movie came out then? Because surely, that is the only way this could be possible right? And all those anime I've seen that aren't Yuru Yuri are from me hallucinating I'm guessing?

I read the comments by the judges (and they are not short) - I believe they gave solid reasons for their choice. It may not be agreeable to everybody but I can see how they came to that conclusion.
Damonashu said:

I get that those type of anime tend to sell like hotcakes, which I might add, I have never actually seen a sale for, but to get best tv anime and best anime movie? Surely there is something amiss here?

I am not sure if Yuru Yuri can be said as "sell like hotcakes". It sold well, yes, but like hotcakes? I am not entirely sure.
Damonashu said:

No, because it was stated that all anime that was aired between 2011 July and 2012 June would be considered.

Oct 13, 2012 10:50 AM

Feb 2008
symbv said:
Damonashu said:

I read the comments by the judges (and they are not short) - I believe they gave solid reasons for their choice. It may not be agreeable to everybody but I can see how they came to that conclusion.
Damonashu said:

I am not sure if Yuru Yuri can be said as "sell like hotcakes". It sold well, yes, but like hotcakes? I am not entirely sure.
Damonashu said:

No, because it was stated that all anime that was aired between 2011 July and 2012 June would be considered.
Then perhaps you can give me a bit of clearance with the case of Yuru Yuri, since you say it was the first BD you bought first hand. I see that K-ON was apparently lovingly handled, but what about Yuru Yuri makes it "the best comedy anime since Minami-ke,' and what more, the best anime to come out within that time frame? Your personal opinion mind you, though I'd also like to see the judges comment.
Oct 13, 2012 11:06 AM

Nov 2008
Best tv serie What ????
Oct 13, 2012 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
Damonashu said:
Then perhaps you can give me a bit of clearance with the case of Yuru Yuri, since you say it was the first BD you bought first hand. I see that K-ON was apparently lovingly handled, but what about Yuru Yuri makes it "the best comedy anime since Minami-ke,' and what more, the best anime to come out within that time frame? Your personal opinion mind you, though I'd also like to see the judges comment.

I indeed said I bought all YY BD's and at firsthand too, and I am proud to be a YY fan (and I firmly believe YY was lovingly handled by the anime staff too, given I approached the anime being a fan of the manga already). But I did not say "the best comedy anime since Minami-ke" and neither did the judges (who said that?). In fact if I had my vote, I probably would not vote for YY for such award, but as I said I am sure there are people who would not agree with the choice but at least the judges explained themselves.

As for "the best anime series", well it depends what you think "best" is versus what the judges think "best" is.

They gave several reasons for their choice, but besides the usual reason of staff showing love to their creation and the series is interesting and fascinating, one thing stood out: How the anime production managed to gradually turn the relatively little known source material into something of a talk in town among the anime fans in Japan, which clearly needed sophisticated planning and strategy as well as good understanding about the Yuri (be it hard yuri or soft yuri) niche market as well as the general anime market.

And I can state a few other reasons that were mentioned in addition
- Although it is slice-of-life with calm and laid back daily life, it is also spiced with its own "incongruities", and these elements (including wild imaginations and absurd situations/talks) are perfectly timed.
- Slice-of-life anime served a 'healing purpose" but just that would not be sufficient to explain YuruYuri's popularity. The extensive interactions among fans are not just about "healing". They talked about various things in the anime or ideas provided by the anime production and they helped to raise its popularity even further.
- High level of sakuga
- Memorable and clever character design
- Strong performance by seiyuu
etc etc
symbvOct 13, 2012 11:53 AM

Oct 13, 2012 11:42 AM

Sep 2011
Well K-On! (Movie) is the best movie of all time.

Yuri Yuri was a bit shocking though.
Oct 13, 2012 1:36 PM

Nov 2009
RyanSaotome said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
I can understand K-On. The movie does feel like the sort of thing that would (And should) win awards. It's funny how the only people who are going to be angry are the ones who haven't seen it

But Yuruyuri is just an average comedy series. Sure, there hasn't been any real standout shows this year but there has to be something better than Yuruyuri. Like Tari Tari or Kokoro Connect. Well, at least SAO didn't win anything.

While I'm surprised Yuru Yuri won, its recognized in Japan as one of the better comedies of the last few years... it gets high grades everywhere, and sells very well for a comedy. So its not just "Another average comedy series", at least in Japans eyes.

this
Oct 13, 2012 1:38 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sweet! Yuru Yuri ftw. Third season, go!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 13, 2012 1:38 PM

Nov 2011
dtshyk said:

Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

Well deserved.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 13, 2012 1:40 PM

Nov 2011
SquadmemberRitsu said:
I can understand K-On. The movie does feel like the sort of thing that would (And should) win awards. It's funny how the only people who are going to be angry are the ones who haven't seen it

But Yuruyuri is just an average comedy series. Sure, there hasn't been any real standout shows this year but there has to be something better than Yuruyuri. Like Tari Tari or Kokoro Connect. Well, at least SAO didn't win anything.

KC is nothing special, and tari tari was just plain bad(not SAO bad, but still)

If it has to be compared to other 2012 shows, it should be compared too space brothers, Nisemonogatari, Jormungand and Jinrui(The top 5 tv shows(so far) of 2012, imo)
rederoinOct 13, 2012 1:51 PM

Oct 13, 2012 2:05 PM

Sep 2012
SquadmemberRitsu said:

First, only anime shown between 2011 July and 2012 June are considered, so no Tari Tari or Kokoro Connect or SAO. And the award for Yuru Yuri is for the first season.
THE ORIGINAL POSTER SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST MENTIONED THAT.

Second, the criteria of the judges is not just how GOOD the show is but on a more broader perspective including the production aspects. Even in terms of its technical merits, I am sure many would disagree with you that it is "just an average comedy series". Anyway I posted some of the comments by judges here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=503779&show=60#msg17672839

Oct 13, 2012 2:13 PM
Jul 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Alpha_Centauri said:
dtshyk said:

Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

Best Theme Song
Taiyo Iwaku Moeyo Chaos ("Haiyore! Nyaruko-san")

Seriously though, what the shit.
No kidding. What a lol.

Ha aggred
Oct 13, 2012 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
symbv said:
Damonashu said:

I indeed said I bought all YY BD's and at firsthand too, and I am proud to be a YY fan (and I firmly believe YY was lovingly handled too as I approached the anime knowing the manga already). But I did not say "the best comedy anime since Minami-ke" and neither did the judges (who said that?). In fact if I had my vote, I probably would not vote for YY for such award, but as I said I am sure there are people who would not agree with the choice but at least the judges explained themselves.

As for "the best anime series", well it depends what you think "best" is versus what the judges think "best" is.

They gave several reasons for their choice, but besides the usual reason of staff showing love to their creation and the series is interesting and fascinating, one thing stood out: How the anime production managed to gradually turn the relatively little known source material into something of a talk in town among the anime fans in Japan, which clearly needed sophisticated planning and strategy as well as good understanding about the Yuri (be it hard yuri or soft yuri) niche market as well as the general anime market.

And I can state a few other reasons that were mentioned in addition
- Although it is slice-of-life with calm and laid back daily life, it is also spiced with its own "incongruities", and these elements (including wild imaginations and absurd situations/talks) are perfectly timed.
- Slice-of-life anime served a 'healing purpose" but just that would not be sufficient to explain YuruYuri's popularity. The extensive interactions among fans are not just about "healing". They talked about various things in the anime or ideas provided by the anime production and they helped to raise its popularity even further.
- High level of sakuga
- Memorable and clever character design
- Strong performance by seiyuu
etc etc
It seems I must provide clearance. When I quoted you on buying the BD firsthand I wasn't trying to shame you or anything, just figured that would put you in the best position to elaborate. The "Best comedy since Minami-ke" wasn't your saying but that of at least two other posters in this thread.

I suppose I can see where the judges are coming from in their decision. It's not very often that I take the seiyuu's efforts into account, and the same can be said about how much attention a studio gives a product.
Oct 13, 2012 3:07 PM

Sep 2012
Damonashu said:
It seems I must provide clearance. When I quoted you on buying the BD firsthand I wasn't trying to shame you or anything, just figured that would put you in the best position to elaborate.

Being a keen fan of YuruYuri may be a drawback too because I may sound biased, but I would admit that it may take an enthusiast to translate and write up those points ;-)

Damonashu said:

The "Best comedy since Minami-ke" wasn't your saying but that of at least two other posters in this thread.

Personally I try to refrain from hyping/trashing a show, even if it is something I love/dislike a lot. Hyping/trashing can easily mean overgeneralization. As much as I love YuruYuri but I would hesitate to call it "the best comedy" since I am sure in some aspects some other anime may have done it more effectively. It is also why I almost never put numerical scores on a show or an episode -- looking at a show at multiple angles and multiple levels (just like the judges did here) and one should find something to appreciate, and for those parts I do not like I want to be humble and modest about it: Before calling it bad I should ask myself if it is just because it is not to my taste or there are things that I don't get (because of cultural or language difference, for example). Anyway, I guess I digress here...

Oct 13, 2012 3:37 PM

Jul 2008
Oh man, my sides are hurting.
Oct 13, 2012 3:43 PM

May 2009
Wow, Yuru Yuri? Now that's a pleasant surprise. Never though YRYR would win such a thing...

As a series that made me import mangas and BDs for the first time, I surely approve of this award. I also can understand the disapproval of some people, but you know, in the end, it's just a thing of personal opinion.
There's no such a thing like 'best' or 'worse', everyone has different opinions, therefore such prizes are meaningless, they only represent the opinion of some people, who may or may not share your tastes. Even if other anime were here, surely there would be people who would disagree with the award, because people are like that.

So, Yuru Yuri is not the best anime of 2012, it just won such award. For me it was one of the best animes of 2012, and you? Which anime is the best of 2012? It's up to you.
Oct 13, 2012 3:50 PM

Nov 2011
I'm kinda surprised both my favourite series and my favorite movie got the award, I never thought something like that would happen.

So ye, I fully agree with the choice.

Oct 14, 2012 2:57 AM

Oct 2007
It was me with comment "since Minami-ke". And I still think that. As for best TV series of that period I would prefer The iDOLM@STER, Chihayafuru or Horizon. SpaceBros and KuroBas... they don't quite fit with only one cour in. I am very happy about YY though because I love the show too and it isn't one of the biggest hits like F/Z that are expected to win everything.

For the record, last three Kobe awards
Oct 14, 2012 6:19 AM

Aug 2008
I don't think I'll be really happy if I were someone to receive a prize from this award, it doesn't look really objectif.
Oct 14, 2012 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
Kurini said:
I don't think I'll be really happy if I were someone to receive a prize from this award, it doesn't look really objectif.

The only way to rate anime in an objective way is by looking at how popular it is(which k-on! and yuru yuri both are), how much it has sold, how good the voice acting is, how much influence it had on other anime/manga/LN's(which you can't tell in a yearly award), how good the animation is(not the artstyle).

Anything else is nothing more than an opinion, in other words, its subjective.

Oct 14, 2012 8:07 AM

Apr 2010
Progeusz said:

They got the last 3 theme song of the years right, at least! They got K-on right as well.

Oct 14, 2012 9:07 AM

Jul 2010
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Reinou said:

If Kyoto Animation just did a straightforward adaptation of the manga then it would have been just another moe show. But the amount of love that they put into making it is what made it so popular. Sure it's a cash cow. I'm not going to deny that. But it's popular because the animation studio actually care about the finished product. They put a lot of detail into the backgrounds, use real life locations and guitar models, create a multitude of unique songs for the anime and have really high production values. Plus, the cast is one of the best in any slice of life.

Well, that was unnecessary. I watched K-ON, I thought it was ok, nothing special though. I watched the first 5 episodes of season 2, thought it was pretty much the same, dropped it because I knew I wouldn't be able to watch 2 cours of it. I obviously can't judge season 2 or the movie, but from what I've seen I was under the impression that it is the same as season 1. Now, I'm not saying K-ON is a bad show or that it didn't deserve winning, I was just curious why it is regarded as the best moe show among it's fans. You stated some reasons, which I may not find that important/don't agree with, but I can understand that there are probably a lot of people who do, so thank you for that. Stupid person out~
Oct 14, 2012 9:18 AM

Sep 2012
Reinou said:
I watched K-ON, I thought it was ok, nothing special though. I watched the first 5 episodes of season 2, thought it was pretty much the same, dropped it because I knew I wouldn't be able to watch 2 cours of it.

Apparently slice-of-life is not your genre. That's it. (BTW, slice-of-life is not equivalent to so-called "moe show")
Reinou said:

I obviously can't judge season 2 or the movie, but from what I've seen I was under the impression that it is the same as season 1.

One thing that is clear is that to many who do not necessarily like slice-of-life, they also love the second half of the season 2 because unlike the usual slice-of-life there is a kind of overriding theme that pervades the episodes and time actually passes noticeably and momentum is continually built up along with the episode, ending in a climax that is acclaimed by many people, including many who are not anime fans and do not usually watch midnight anime (as attested by many high school bands in Japan inspired by K-On to perform their music - the show's power is that besides healing that a SoL show always does it can also encourage and inspire people to feel and be touched by the pleasure of life, music and friendship with the friends you have)
symbvOct 14, 2012 9:22 AM

Oct 14, 2012 9:27 AM

Apr 2010
I'm not gonna lie, the best part of K-On was the millions of doujins it spawned. Sure, it was healing, and good friendship story, etc, but I never get tired of seeing those girls get railed

Oct 14, 2012 9:41 AM

Jul 2010
symbv said:
Reinou said:
I watched K-ON, I thought it was ok, nothing special though. I watched the first 5 episodes of season 2, thought it was pretty much the same, dropped it because I knew I wouldn't be able to watch 2 cours of it.

Apparently slice-of-life is not your genre. That's it. (BTW, slice-of-life is not equivalent to so-called "moe show")

Got it. I understand it's not my thing. I thought I could tell which show was better in a genre even if was not a fan of the genre. That was obviously a mistake on my part, because it's apparent that what I find important in a show isn't what other people find important. It was a bit foolish of me to say that all moe shows (or SoL) are the same when I'm obviously judging them based on different criteria than the fans of these shows.

symbv said:
Reinou said:

I obviously can't judge season 2 or the movie, but from what I've seen I was under the impression that it is the same as season 1.

One thing that is clear is that to many who do not necessarily like slice-of-life, they also love the second half of the season 2 because unlike the usual slice-of-life there is a kind of overriding theme that pervades the episodes and time actually passes noticeably and momentum is continually built up along with the episode, ending in a climax that is acclaimed by many people, including many who are not anime fans and do not usually watch midnight anime (as attested by many high school bands in Japan inspired by K-On to perform their music - the show's power is that besides healing that a SoL show always does it can also encourage and inspire people to feel and be touched by the pleasure of life, music and friendship with the friends you have)

I see, I didn't know that. Thanks for the explanation.
Oct 14, 2012 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
I'm not gonna lie, the best part of K-On was the millions of doujins it spawned. Sure, it was healing, and good friendship story, etc, but I never get tired of seeing those girls get railed

K-On indeed produces a lot of doujin, but it is not just the 18x type which you seem to like so much and your post seems to suggest that it is all the doujins do. There are many non-18x doujin for K-On too that explores the world of K-On further.

As for the 18x doujin, it certainly caters for a certain segment of the K-On fandom because K-On fans always have at least two major groups: the more causal fans who may not follow midnight anime; and the anime otaku who take the moe-ness in K-On characters very seriously. And among the latter group there are substantial number who are also into 18x doujin stuff - and thus K-On 18x doujin was born.

Personally I avoid all those K-On doujin because to me sex and K-On just don't mix very well. If I want 18x doujin there are many other titles I can go after, but that's just me.

Oct 14, 2012 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
symbv said:
Personally I avoid all those K-On doujin because to me sex and K-On just don't mix very well. If I want 18x doujin there are many other titles I can go after, but that's just me.

You couldn't pay me to read a straight K-ON! doujin. Yuri can be nice because it's between the characters themselves, and so can be based one existing relationships. But I rarely see any appeal in having random faceless strangers screwing characters. I get nothing out of it, personally.

To be honest, it is a bit difficult for me to see why someone would like to see rapes of K-On characters in doujin. I guess perhaps there is some mean instinct in some people of not wanting to see happy end for characters in an anime of an essentially happy nature.

There are some yuri 18x doujin for K-On but the number seems to be really small....

When I was much younger I occasionally read doujin with bad sex (rape etc) but nowadays I mostly avoid those kind of 18x doujin.

Oct 14, 2012 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
symbv said:
To be honest, it is a bit difficult for me to see why someone would like to see rapes of K-On characters in doujin.

Sure, I don't want to see rapes of any characters. Though I assume RyanSaotome meant doujins in general, not specifically non-consensual doujins.

Thing is, K-On 18x doujin seem to be dominated mainly by the non-consensual types, perhaps because of the mean instinct that I mentioned earlier that wants to destroy those happy characters in their happy world, and also perhaps because there is no official pairing of couples in the work itself so by necessity strangers always get involved (unless it is yuri) which somehow often leads to bad sex of one kind or another.

Oct 14, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2009
Shizumi said:
Wow, Yuru Yuri? Now that's a pleasant surprise. Never though YRYR would win such a thing...

As a series that made me import mangas and BDs for the first time, I surely approve of this award. I also can understand the disapproval of some people, but you know, in the end, it's just a thing of personal opinion.
There's no such a thing like 'best' or 'worse', everyone has different opinions, therefore such prizes are meaningless, they only represent the opinion of some people, who may or may not share your tastes. Even if other anime were here, surely there would be people who would disagree with the award, because people are like that.

So, Yuru Yuri is not the best anime of 2012, it just won such award. For me it was one of the best animes of 2012, and you? Which anime is the best of 2012? It's up to you.

Well YRYR won the award because the majority supported it over the minority.. I don't know what your trying to say here 'it's a matter of opinion' and throwing it against a pre-determined fact..
MagicFlierOct 14, 2012 11:12 PM
Oct 14, 2012 7:25 PM

Feb 2012
Good :D

Aaaaaand... Uh~! Nyaa~! Uh~! Nyaa~!
Oct 15, 2012 2:58 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

First, only anime shown between 2011 July and 2012 June are considered, so no Tari Tari or Kokoro Connect or SAO. And the award for Yuru Yuri is for the first season.
THE ORIGINAL POSTER SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST MENTIONED THAT.

Second, the criteria of the judges is not just how GOOD the show is but on a more broader perspective including the production aspects. Even in terms of its technical merits, I am sure many would disagree with you that it is "just an average comedy series". Anyway I posted some of the comments by judges here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=503779&show=60#msg17672839

Okay. Nisemonogatari should have won then.
Oct 15, 2012 3:06 AM

Sep 2012
SquadmemberRitsu said:

Okay. Nisemonogatari should have won then.

I don't mind if Nise won though -- I love it so much that I bought the BDs, so...

But if you read the judges' comment that I wrote in my post http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=503779&show=60#msg17672839 one can see why YuruYuri may have achieved more in the view of the judges.

Oct 15, 2012 3:17 AM

Sep 2011
Lol@ some people thinking the sales are what decide how good an anime is or if it should be ranked or not. I have long time realized that the sales don't mean crap (in most cases anyway).
Oct 15, 2012 3:20 AM

Mar 2012
RLinksoul said:
Kinda bums me out that K-On's winning awards, but Nichijou did so poorly that it's not likely to get a second season. I'm happy for Yuru Yuri though. A third season would be nice, or maybe a movie?

SquadmemberRitsu said:

I never even finished the first season. How stupid does that make me?

Trust me when I say this. You're really missing out if you don't watch Season 2 or the movie. It doesn't even get to the good part until Season 2.

It's funny how the only people who say they don't like K-On! winning awards are the ones who only watched Season 1. You don't have the right to comment on something you haven't watched. The parts you watched didn't win any awards. It was Season 2 and The Movie.

If you haven't seen the K-On Movie or Yuruyuri, shut up. Sure, I said that I think Yuruyuri was a horrible pick. But I've seen both Seasons. Most of the people here who disagree with the results haven't seen either of them
Nov 8, 2012 8:28 AM

Jun 2009
Errr... While I do understand K-On! movie winning it... Because it's actually quite good...

But...

Yuru Yuri?!?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
12 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.