Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2012 2:41 PM

Feb 2010
Really magical first episode. Much of it reminded me of Spirited Away, and the OP & ED are adorable! My only real complaint was how L-E injected their own credits into the original - looks very cluttered and distracting.

May 29, 2013 1:55 PM
Jan 2009
I enjoyed the first episode enough to pledge money for it to be released on Anime Sols. I am still confused about how exactly she helped the little alien man though.

Jun 16, 2013 4:16 AM

Jul 2010
Uhhh...I'm sorry to sound like a scrooge, but I only got to see the first ten minutes, then stopped. I TRIED to like this, I really did, but it's just so silly and camp that I couldn't stand it! How can I possibly take something like this seriously?
Jul 2, 2014 7:09 AM

Jan 2014
I don't really get the stuff that happened before she got her
magical powers (which btw I'm not sure what they are). >___<
But that leaves me a bit curious about what her powers might be.
Sep 8, 2014 4:19 PM

Jun 2008
It was a decent start, but I am really confused as to where this anime is going. I know it's the first episode and all, but so many questions:

1.) Who is the villain?

2.) Why only one year to have the magical powers?

3.) If there is no bad guy, what's the point of the magic then?

4.) J-pop idol?

I have a good feeling it will improve a lot as the story progresses, just a bit of a slow start is all. There are still 51 more episodes to go. :)
Jun 27, 2016 4:00 AM

Dec 2015
@Retro8bit It was written a long time ago, but it can still be read by later visitors.

Who is the villain? There is none. Of course, Yû or Mami will eventually cross the path of an antagonist once in a while, but this series is essentially a double slice-of-life combining a coming-of-age story about a little girl and the story of a young idol in the throes of the japanese idol industry.
The originality being that both parts are intertwined because Yû and Mami are the same person.
Note: there are a few random episodes also, who seem to be here only for the sake of the fantastic.

Why only one year to have the magical powers? It is a totally arbitrary decision from Pino Pino. Like... let's say... the Fairy Godmother midnight time limit? (see next question too)
Out-of-universe: it offered a obvious conclusion to the one-year long show. It also reflects the ephemeral aspect of an idol's "carreer".

If there is no bad guy, what's the point of the magic then? To thank Yû and allow her new experiences. Also this magic is supposed to do good only to others and not be use for self benefits so I would add: to help people. And Yû/Mami will help people throughout the series (not only as an idol who gives joy to her fans).

J-pop idol? Exactly. One of the main points/interests of this anime. It offers a fairly pink vision of it and extols it, but is able to show the bad sides too.

edit: "child abuse"? o_O Wow, people nowadays...
Rei_IIINov 19, 2017 12:01 PM
Oct 23, 2017 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
Wow, child abuse in the first episode... Off to a great start.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2021 5:40 PM

Jun 2014
All right, I'm finally getting around to watching this. I was going to open my Anime Sols DVD sets, but considering how rare they are now, I decided to leave them sealed, and download the torrent of it instead.

The comedy in this is quite funny, and it's certainly interesting how Yuu was not scared or intimidated in the slightest when she was brought up to that ship. Now that she can transform, I wonder how everyone she knows will react when they see her this way?

Mar 5, 2021 2:10 PM

Apr 2009
having caught up to all my precure by now and not feeling like watching anything too modern of what i assume would be "too interesting", i finally got around to watching this anime-

gotta hand it to that police officer. points for trying.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
May 23, 2021 9:21 PM

Jan 2021
I regret not watching this sooner
Mar 24, 2023 12:00 AM

Jan 2013
I could not finish this episode. It was confusing and all over the place. I feel maybe more would be explained if I continued watching, however, I also am unsure if I could continue watching this.
'Dreams Start by Believing' ~ Haruhi Suzumiya

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami Episode 48 Discussion

_Poochyena_ - Dec 27, 2017

5 by ToonAndy »»
Apr 4, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami Episode 25 Discussion

_Poochyena_ - Dec 12, 2017

3 by LelPop »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:00 PM

» Should this anime get a remake in 2024?

DrPopCat7758 - Oct 2, 2023

2 by Sekiro94 »»
Oct 3, 2023 12:44 AM

Poll: » Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami Episode 30 Discussion

_Poochyena_ - Dec 16, 2017

3 by staruke »»
Mar 28, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami Episode 8 Discussion

_Poochyena_ - Nov 13, 2017

2 by Gosplan14 »»
Aug 6, 2022 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.