Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2012 3:47 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Artery. He grabbed his fucking artery? WRYYYY! XD

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 12, 2013 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
Is this the end of Dio?
Apr 10, 2016 4:04 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
GG Dio, you were good.

5/5
May 7, 2016 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
Get rekt Dio!

Love the title for this chapter by the way.
Dec 18, 2017 10:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Jojo´s double fire punch was amazing!!!
May 4, 2018 8:32 PM

Feb 2017
The carotid part at the beginning gave me the creeps.
Aug 10, 2018 1:07 AM

Dec 2015
He connected a hit!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 5, 2018 9:49 PM

May 2016
Seeing Dio fondle Jonathan's carotid vein almost had me reach for my own neck because of how painful it looked. It's great that those torches were there because it actually saved him more than once.

Using the torch to melt the sword and set himself free was one thing to go as far as to set his own hands on fire just to get a hit at Dio was amazing. It really shows how determined he is to end it all.

Dec 5, 2018 8:11 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, Dio was too stupid!
He could have killed Jonathan if he wanted to, you don't grab an artery and don't cut it!
Sep 14, 2019 4:25 PM

Jun 2016
I have to learn! The arena’s in which these fights take place and the props within them are always key. Whether it is the knights spear or the statue within the mansion which Jonathan knew so well, the tunnel that Jack the Ripper was trying to close off, the more obvious chain deathmatch with the hole in the wall, the underwater fight with Bruford, or this situation, these things are important. I'm going to remember that going forward, as here the roses have been used numerous times and the flames have been used numerous times. I really do like the writing, it makes it feel satisfying for these characters to use whatever fits in their environment to their benefit. Last time I said Jonathan can still kick and Jonathan has allies, therefore all of his chances are not countered. Dio being relatively intelligent saw through that, froze all of Jonathan's extremities and kept his friends busy. As much as I wanted Speedwagon to come in and save the day with Dio’s own sliced off arm somehow, the result that actually happened was far more excellent than that.

Dio could have easily killed Jonathan or made him a vampire but he didn’t, I take it that it was payback for the humiliation he just felt. That would be suitable for his character, a way to redeem himself, way to redeem his pride, a way to feel superior again. But through taking his time to potentially scare the hell out of Jonathan he melted the sword and caught Dio off guard which made him lose control of his nerves and try to protect himself, leading to punching half of Dio into the other half!! It was awesome, and it led to an instance that made me intrigued.

The numerous lines of Dio complimenting Jonathan have always stood out to me. Often it is something small, such as “I admire your guts for facing me”. In a context like that it is just as much praising himself as it is saying something good about Jonathan so I chopped it up to boosting his own ego. But it's interesting to note the adverse reactions that he can have. Earlier he did his patented uncontrollable release of anger and disgust over losing to somebody that he himself feels the need to be superior to. We saw this in the mansion when he cried, we saw this when he hit Erina, we saw it here due to the rose. Yet after Jonathan used the flame to melt sword he gave another kind of reaction, one that is opposite to the former. He said that he will acknowledge his explosive spirit and admire his brilliant use of the flame. Maybe it is as simple as a coping mechanism so he feels better about being humiliated, when he says “wow that was very smart of you” it is then putting himself up more and saying the only reason he lost was because of a very smart play. As I said, they stand out to me, especially this one. Seeing Dio show any kind of respect to anyone is something to take note of.

Anyways that wasn't enough and Jonathan did a lariat collecting fire into his hand to overpower Dio’s frost. I had thought that he would need to find another weapon, that his fists aren’t enough, and when he started to spin I wondered if he was somehow going to grab a flame and maybe hold it over his fist with hamon by linking his and the flames ripples. But nope, he literally used his glove as a weapon by catching it on fire, that is so radical and it totally paid off.
Nov 24, 2019 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
Jonathan managed to defeat Dio, thanks to Dio underestimating him yet again. He never learned...
Jan 30, 2021 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
lol
Dio holding Jojo's artery. That must be scary as hell.

Jojo was able to beat Dio using his intelligence.
Nov 17, 2023 4:40 AM

Apr 2020
He's losing by getting pierced through his chest once again xD

More topics from this board

» Debunking Araki Forgot by Hamon Beat

animalia - Apr 11

0 by animalia »»
Apr 11, 12:24 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 1 Discussion

accela - Sep 1, 2009

33 by Yassinecss »»
Mar 14, 6:47 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 7 Discussion

Alipio - Dec 19, 2010

20 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:38 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 5 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

31 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:35 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 4 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

26 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.