Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2012 8:15 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So what? Fighting like a sir, with glass of wine in his hand, without spilling it? Cool.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 2, 2013 11:10 AM

Jun 2012
ZetaZaku said:
So what? Fighting like a sir, with glass of wine in his hand, without spilling it? Cool.

Yeah, this guy is amazing!

I'm really liking the drawing style of this.

I wonder if that ex-gangster have already learned the ripple techinque
Oct 1, 2014 10:08 PM

Apr 2012
To sum up my thoughts about this chapter:
"This old man is incredible! Even amidst this fearsome fight, he doesn't even spill his wine!"
Apr 10, 2016 1:31 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, that's some weird trailing.

4/5
May 7, 2016 3:23 AM

Aug 2014
I love the courage quote from Zeppeli, very inspiring.
Feb 28, 2017 10:01 PM

May 2008
That glass of wine though...
Dec 18, 2017 8:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Zeppeli is stronger!!! Well, now is the Jonathan turn!!!
Apr 29, 2018 10:39 AM

Feb 2017
Wow, that was crazy.
May 21, 2018 12:44 PM

Dec 2015
Whoa, dude! You can't just throw bloody knives around like that, what if someone gets a decease?? smh...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 5, 2018 9:20 PM

May 2016
I know that you're trying to make a point by saying inherently small creatures just doing what they were wired to do isn't bravery but those are some rather big fleas, Zeppeli. But as expected, he pretty much kicked Jack the Ripper's ass with wine breath that's sharper than steel. This could be some sort of new variation of the Drunken Style~

Dec 3, 2018 6:11 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, he was fighting with that glass of wine in his hand.
May 27, 2019 7:58 AM

Sep 2018
So Jack the Ripper just hid a bunch of scalpels in his body which he then used as an attack by shooting them at his enemies by flexing and Zeppeli blocked them by spitting some wine at them. That's just hilarious.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Sep 5, 2019 10:26 AM

Jun 2016
Zeppeli may be my favorite character. I love Jonathan, and I love Dio. Speedwagon rules but in my books he’s definitely below Jonathan and Dio currently. However, the raw enjoyment I get from watching Zeppeli is crazy. Whether it’s his eccentricities, or the little moments, or moments like this. He even made me laugh the hardest I’ve laughed in Jojo so far! The laugh came from Zeppeli having his composure break for the first time. He showed genuine shock! He was so cool prior, he was teaching Jonathan a lesson about predicting your opponent's moves as he was drinking wine and casually watching Jack the Ripper charge at him with a knife in his face! I was blown away. And because of how awesome he was it was the perfect time to have him make a mistake. Despite how cool he looked, he gave Jack the Ripper too much rationality when predicting him, he thought that Jack would block both exits but instead he tossed the whole wagon to have the entire tunnel come crashing down. The moment of Zeppeli’s shock and him running away with his students, “GAAH! I never imagined this!” had me laughing so hard.

However as he ran, he used his own advice, he made fear his own. Despite a humorous break of composure he regained it and turned even smiling with a cool pose!!! With Zeppeli’s confidence it was clear that this bumbling monster, despite how much power it had, was no match for him. And the way he did it? Without dropping a drip of wine like he was freaking Takumi from Initial D!!! By using the wine in his hands, literally spitting it and transferring the ripple in his breath to the wine strong enough to cut through scalpels, by meeting the knife with the wine bottle, and by melting half of his face with a kick. I like how he's still teaching Jonathan lessons on the way, his line about predicting your opponent is great, and then his whole speech about how bravery requires knowing fear and controlling it rather than being like a zombie who mindlessly attacks was awesome too. That’s the way I think about bravery too. Now to top it off, he's letting Jonathan finish off Jack the Ripper. Honestly, the way Zeppeli is playing with Jack the Ripper to teach Jonathan gives me flashbacks to how weak the cops were to Dio!

I'd like to mention a line of Zeppeli’s: “It appears that slashing with that knife is all he lives for. He must have been a rather nasty evildoer when he was alive.” If seeing Dio’s minions different dispositions wasn’t enough, Zeppeli saw the exceptional cruelty and insanity within Jack. I wonder if there will ever be a good zombie.. To speak more about Jack, I think that him throwing the wagon himself is all we need to prove that zombies can definitely get insanely strong as long as they are stealing life as well. I think the first zombie we saw in the mansion who got on top of Speedwagon tried to suck his life in the same way Dio does.

Lastly, poor Speedwagon being stabbed in the shoulder like that. At least at this point if he was that hurt Zeppeli could literally heal him with ripple energy, they may have even done that to fix his broken arm. If I recall there was only 2 week time skips along with a three-day time skip and if google isn't lying to me an arm shouldn't heal in that time.
Nov 24, 2019 1:40 AM
Jul 2018
Zeppeli really shined in this chapter. I really loved it and laughed when he told Speedwagon to shut up, lmao.
Jan 28, 2021 7:01 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah, sometimes Speedwagon talks too much. He loves to explain everything that's happening in every scene.

Now it's Jojo's turn to fight using Hamon.
Oct 1, 2022 9:52 PM
Aug 2020
JoJo it's perfect
Nov 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Apr 2020
Zeppeli is smurfing

More topics from this board

» Debunking Araki Forgot by Hamon Beat

animalia - Apr 11

0 by animalia »»
Apr 11, 12:24 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 1 Discussion

accela - Sep 1, 2009

33 by Yassinecss »»
Mar 14, 6:47 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 7 Discussion

Alipio - Dec 19, 2010

20 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:38 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 5 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

31 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:35 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 4 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

26 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.