Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 19, 2012 6:46 AM

Mar 2011
^Cuz the rest of us actually have solid proof for our crap? ..Dude XD..

My only assumption was this:
"vessel" ---container of 2dfs. And for some reason the fact that Luffy has King's Dis
seems to be related. Soo..since the Ds seem to have an affinity towards cultivating Haosh-Haki(can't spell it properly), and BlackBeards is in fact a D I assumed(ONLY ASSUMED) that the connection between "vessel"-and -multi-DF container might be possible. Other than that I got nothing.

Also, vindemon said that SAD can be recreated at which point I thought that Ancient weapons can also be recreated , in other words I consider it highly possible that SAD is in fact Uranus.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Sep 19, 2012 6:59 AM

Jun 2012
Kanic said:
^Cuz the rest of us actually have solid proof for our crap? ..Dude XD..

My only assumption was this:
"vessel" ---container of 2dfs. And for some reason the fact that Luffy has King's Dis
seems to be related. Soo..since the Ds seem to have an affinity towards cultivating Haosh-Haki(can't spell it properly), and BlackBeards is in fact a D I assumed(ONLY ASSUMED) that the connection between "vessel"-and -multi-DF container might be possible. Other than that I got nothing.

Also, vindemon said that SAD can be recreated at which point I thought that Ancient weapons can also be recreated , in other words I consider it highly possible that SAD is in fact Uranus.

That is very true,coming up with random theories is half the fun :D

I think it is more likely that uranus is hidden somewhere or is a living thing, then again shirahoshi is living and pluton is hidden so he has already used those so it is possible it could be something completely different.

Also about it being able to take down a yonkou makes it sound that more convincing it is an ancient weapon :P im not sure how he would have researched it though, it was 800 years ago? i think anyway.

if it is a double devil fruit thing it would be awesome, doflamingo could use it himself and become stupidly powerful, he says luffy would be a good vessel and which i would say means he must have some means to control it/luffy (besides his DF power, he has to sleep haha) it could be some form of gas/pill or something that has its own will and can control a person and perhaps caesar has made it so that it will listen to doflamingo after it takes over a body.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Sep 19, 2012 7:05 AM

Mar 2011
jimbob1141 said:

I think it is more likely that uranus is hidden somewhere or is a living thing, then again shirahoshi is living and pluton is hidden so he has already used those so it is possible it could be something completely different.

Also about it being able to take down a yonkou makes it sound that more convincing it is an ancient weapon :P im not sure how he would have researched it though, it was 800 years ago? i think anyway.

if it is a double devil fruit thing it would be awesome, doflamingo could use it himself and become stupidly powerful, he says luffy would be a good vessel and which i would say means he must have some means to control it/luffy (besides his DF power, he has to sleep haha) it could be some form of gas/pill or something that has its own will and can control a person and perhaps caesar has made it so that it will listen to doflamingo after it takes over a body.

About Uranus. I understand that you consider it hidden but remember this:
Pluton, besides the original, had blueprints through which one was able to reconstruct a 2nd pluton. So if SAD is indeed Uranus I would consider it possible for Ceasar to be in possession of the recipe/blueprints/manual in general that reconstructs Uranus. Also, the fact that I said two different theories(one is SAD=Uranus and the other being SAD=multi-DF) doesn't mean I considered them to be different XD. At the back of my head there is a 0.0000001% that they Uranus might be an ancient weapon affiliated with DFs(considering Blackbeard's current power level it seems to me that the ability to contain 2 dfs IS pretty world endagering)
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
-Mr.Freeman
Sep 19, 2012 7:15 AM

Jun 2012
Kanic said:
jimbob1141 said:

About Uranus. I understand that you consider it hidden but remember this:
Pluton, besides the original, had blueprints through which one was able to reconstruct a 2nd pluton. So if SAD is indeed Uranus I would consider it possible for Ceasar to be in possession of the recipe/blueprints/manual in general that reconstructs Uranus. Also, the fact that I said two different theories(one is SAD=Uranus and the other being SAD=multi-DF) doesn't mean I considered them to be different XD. At the back of my head there is a 0.0000001% that they Uranus might be an ancient weapon affiliated with DFs(considering Blackbeard's current power level it seems to me that the ability to contain 2 dfs IS pretty world endagering)

I think blackbeard has more than 2 devil fruit powers, if you remember in the fishman island arc jimbei had said that blackbeard was "power hunting" or something along those lines and that he was collecting powerful devil fruit abilities.

the earthquake fruit is bad enough all by itself lol :P nevermind with others in there.

and yeah the blueprints is a very good point i forgot about :)

Now imagine he makes luffy a vessel and he can have 2 devil fruit powers then luffy gets away, 2 devil fruit powers luffy = madness haha :) i really doubt that would ever happen though xD

Im all out of theories/thinking now lol xD but one thigns for sure, this is going to be great :) cant wait to find out
Sep 19, 2012 7:21 AM

Mar 2011
jimbob1141 said:

I think blackbeard has more than 2 devil fruit powers, if you remember in the fishman island arc jimbei had said that blackbeard was "power hunting" or something along those lines and that he was collecting powerful devil fruit abilities.

Whoah, whoah, one thing to be corrected. Jimbei said that the blackbeard pirates are in poer-hunting targeting the strongest DF users and have the means to steal their powers(word by word). I don't think we are to assume(and we should not) that Blackbeard will gain a 3rd and 4th, I think he just meant that Blackbeard can take out a power and actually give it to someone from his crew. In other words all of them will end up with one DF while BB will remain with 2(and not more). Lol if he were to gain more it would be a disaster.
-Mr.Freeman
Sep 19, 2012 7:23 AM

Mar 2012
vindemon64 said:
Mikasa said:
Boring....a bunch of lame fights and nothing that moved the story forward...Doflamingo's show up will give this the 1 point it gets

And since I know everything will be alright, I couldn't care less about Momonosuke = Dragon

Everything is going to be alright? Bet you said the same thing when Ace got captured.

It's amazing how many people have started complaining in the One Piece threads. It's been a common occurrence in the Naruto and Bleach threads for other various reasons...so it was really hard to have legit discussions there. At least on this board, that seemed to not have been the case. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be true anymore.

Anyway, a shitload of information revealed in this chapter. Will have to read it again when I get the time, but interested in Momonosuke being turned into a dragon. Another batch of crazy experiments. However, the best part of this chapter was the bit with DoFlamingo. What exactly is the SAD gas and what is DoFlamingo goal? I've been waiting for him to become a main player in the story. And it finally seems to start happening.

FACT: everyone who started reading OP after 2010 knew Ace was gonna die. Same with Jiraiya. This shit is everywhere.
But still, Ace's death is to be expected as the half-way point build-up.
And my reaction to when peoplle die in OP is more of a "finally!" than wow that was surprising.
But most of the time nobody dies, that's how I see it, so when someone is in danger...I don't really care..that's what Oda's doing wrong...death is cheap and everyone lives in the end so why should I go "oooooh shit he's gonna die!" Which results in most stuff being boring or dull
I already why I said why I don't like the arc much it in the other punk hazard thread.

Last week: Law has a plan
This week: Law still has a plan, but let's cut to some Brook jokes and Nami
I liked the scene w/ Doflamingo but it dragged on...
Dragon part = well I said it..
End Zionazism
Sep 19, 2012 7:37 AM

Sep 2011
Loved it!

They fight the dragon but is it Momonosuke?

Doflamingo's crew is all girls O_O, I like the bazooka girl that was transforming her arms, if she hates Doflamingo I'm hoping Luffy saves her later and gets her to join.

Still didn't find out what law's plan is though!
Sep 19, 2012 7:40 AM

Mar 2011
Morcombe said:
Loved it!

They fight the dragon but is it Momonosuke?

Doflamingo's crew is all girls O_O, I like the bazooka girl that was transforming her arms, if she hates Doflamingo I'm hoping Luffy saves her later and gets her to join.

Still didn't find out what law's plan is though!

I thought she was actually just using weapons, way to go dude. She is also the one called baby 5, one of the 2 that Joker will send over. joker must be extorting her or completely controling her despite her will or sth. I smell sanji vs baby 5
-Mr.Freeman
Sep 19, 2012 8:10 AM

Aug 2012
I still think the SAD is some kind of chemical imbued into candies and it will serve the purpose of defeating Big Mom. Being it Uranus is kinda lame since it's only the beginning of the new world and we had a new ancient weapon revelation in the arc just before punk hazard.

Law's facial expressions <3 can't wait for his next battle/scheme revelation

And the others: well SH aren't just Luffy, Zoro and Sanji, there has to be a Nami/Brook/others once in a while ^^ and I already see Zoro mastering fox-fire techniques and visiting Wano country.

Sanji had an impact on his leg and that did quite dmg, so I assumed wrong last week O.O well, that makes it interesting, but I'm also kinda dissapointed with that handicap, Sanji may yet again not put up a full scale fight (Although, as Kanic said vs Baby 5 is pretty likely ^^ but I think robin would take care of her or* Tashigi, and Buffalo would run against Franky/Zoro [I want zoro to kick someones ass so badly])

It's pretty obvious now that it will come to a Vergo vs. Smoker fight soon enough, and the next time we'll definitely see Luffy (since there was no update of him this chapter)

That's all. Sucks to not have a chapter next week.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Sep 19, 2012 8:16 AM

May 2007
Mikasa said:
vindemon64 said:
Mikasa said:
Boring....a bunch of lame fights and nothing that moved the story forward...Doflamingo's show up will give this the 1 point it gets

And since I know everything will be alright, I couldn't care less about Momonosuke = Dragon

Everything is going to be alright? Bet you said the same thing when Ace got captured.

It's amazing how many people have started complaining in the One Piece threads. It's been a common occurrence in the Naruto and Bleach threads for other various reasons...so it was really hard to have legit discussions there. At least on this board, that seemed to not have been the case. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be true anymore.

Anyway, a shitload of information revealed in this chapter. Will have to read it again when I get the time, but interested in Momonosuke being turned into a dragon. Another batch of crazy experiments. However, the best part of this chapter was the bit with DoFlamingo. What exactly is the SAD gas and what is DoFlamingo goal? I've been waiting for him to become a main player in the story. And it finally seems to start happening.

FACT: everyone who started reading OP after 2010 knew Ace was gonna die. Same with Jiraiya. This shit is everywhere.
And my reaction to when peoplle die in OP is more of a "finally!" than wow that was surprising.

You missed my point. You said that you know "everything is going to be alright." You can't just assume that. And my example with Ace's death was to prove that exact point. Yes, after 2010, everyone knew Ace of dead because the chapter was released in early 2010 and the internet is never a spoiler-free place.

But for all the people who had been reading One Piece week by week before then....it was a *huge* topic of discussion. Ace's death was not expected. Yes, there were people predicting that Ace would die, but it was roughly 50/50 in each group. No one in the story had ever died before. That's why there was a strong contingent of people who were convinced Ace would not die because of that. That "everything will work out in the end." And what does Oda do? He goes against everything he has done in the previous 550+ chapters and kills of one of the most iconic characters in the story. People in the fanbase were shocked and it was a huge point of discussion.

Yes, in real life in war, death is real and a regular occurrence. But this is a fictional story. You can't apply real world logic. It just doesn't work that way. You have to think with the logic in the realm of the created world. This is Oda's creation and he dictates how he treats it. Honestly, I would also like to see more deaths to prominent characters, but that's not how Oda treats death. He doesn't treat it lightly. Because he didn't kill off anyone before, the fact that Ace died only amplified the actual event because it was the first death in the story...and a big one at that.

Anyway, it may very well be that Momonosuke will be alright in the end. After all, this is a shounen story and it follows those common shounen archetypes where the good guys will always win. But that's not why you're reading this story now, is it? Otherwise, you already know the ending. Everything is going to be alright.
VK11Sep 19, 2012 8:20 AM
Sep 19, 2012 8:28 AM

Aug 2012

Whitebeard also dies, aswell as Sabo. A lot of unimportant characters also die (except in Skypiea, that survival course was just lame...I think that's the only arc where it was annoying to me that everybody survived). Everyone has a person dear to them that died (a whole Island was massacred[Ohara]) and all deaths are of great significance to the story.
but yeah, the point isn't in dying and 99.99% important people survive. If you want to watch main characters die go read Game of thrones or something.

Everything isn't all right in the end. If it were, these characters wouldn't end up being pirates, they would happily live their quiet lives with their families on their islands.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Sep 19, 2012 8:29 AM

Mar 2011
^What meaning would be to Momonosuke dying anyway? "everything would be alright"? Well if he died would "everything be NOT alright"? It would only serve for character development for his father(who?). The fact that momonosuke is that dragon is obviously something important and it doesn't even have to do with the concept of death and loss. In fact now that I remembered it, that kid in the last panel said that Monosuke went into that room you're not supposed to go...therefore my point.
-Mr.Freeman
Sep 19, 2012 8:34 AM
Jul 2011
i just pray ODA sensei not going to abandon his own style. Even with too many buzz.

i remember when i was cry, laugh, and hyped at simple nami arc back then oT,To
Sep 19, 2012 8:42 AM
Mar 2012
Reading the mangastream version, it's a lot more different
Sep 19, 2012 8:51 AM

Mar 2011
Indeed, there is no "vessel" there. What a bummer
-Mr.Freeman
Sep 19, 2012 9:05 AM

Jun 2012
vindemon64 said:
Mikasa said:
vindemon64 said:
Mikasa said:

You missed my point. You said that you know "everything is going to be alright." You can't just assume that. And my example with Ace's death was to prove that exact point. Yes, after 2010, everyone knew Ace of dead because the chapter was released in early 2010 and the internet is never a spoiler-free place.

But for all the people who had been reading One Piece week by week before then....it was a *huge* topic of discussion. Ace's death was not expected. Yes, there were people predicting that Ace would die, but it was roughly 50/50 in each group. No one in the story had ever died before. That's why there was a strong contingent of people who were convinced Ace would not die because of that. That "everything will work out in the end." And what does Oda do? He goes against everything he has done in the previous 550+ chapters and kills of one of the most iconic characters in the story. People in the fanbase were shocked and it was a huge point of discussion.

Yes, in real life in war, death is real and a regular occurrence. But this is a fictional story. You can't apply real world logic. It just doesn't work that way. You have to think with the logic in the realm of the created world. This is Oda's creation and he dictates how he treats it. Honestly, I would also like to see more deaths to prominent characters, but that's not how Oda treats death. He doesn't treat it lightly. Because he didn't kill off anyone before, the fact that Ace died only amplified the actual event because it was the first death in the story...and a big one at that.

Anyway, it may very well be that Momonosuke will be alright in the end. After all, this is a shounen story and it follows those common shounen archetypes where the good guys will always win. But that's not why you're reading this story now, is it? Otherwise, you already know the ending. Everything is going to be alright.

I wasn't actually spoiled on aces death and i started in 2012, i was surprised to say the elast, cried too LOL i bigger impact was definitely made because of the no-one dies thing, i was expecting it "to all be alright" but it wasn't :) and what, do people want sanji to die? or another crew member? because that would spoil the show, im fine with barely any deaths.
Sep 19, 2012 9:14 AM
Feb 2012
jimbob1141 said:
I wasn't actually spoiled on aces death and i started in 2012, i was surprised to say the elast, cried too LOL i bigger impact was definitely made because of the no-one dies thing, i was expecting it "to all be alright" but it wasn't :) and what, do people want sanji to die? or another crew member? because that would spoil the show, im fine with barely any deaths.
I have to agree with this. I'm against character death in general since it's more often used just to show how the series is so dark and serious and whatever else, but if it has to be done, I prefer it be done in a way with some impact.
Sep 19, 2012 9:31 AM

Feb 2012
Guys, make your quotes easier to read by using spoiler tags, please.
Sep 19, 2012 9:45 AM

Mar 2012
From what i see, it looks like Oda is shaping up a sh's vs dofla arc which i think would be pretty amazing. Not only does it tell the op world that the sh's are back but we could also see a few bounty rises if the sh's do win, which would help set up the big mam arc.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Sep 19, 2012 10:16 AM

Sep 2008
I would not waste my breath on that Mikasa guy he thinks Luffy is a typical shounen character and Ichigo is less so.
Sep 19, 2012 10:27 AM

Mar 2012
vindemon64 said:

Yes I can see how other people would feel it was shocking for the time Ace was in the series to die and die without even having that slow-mo death most important characters get , but to me it was expected even from Oda, as the mid point that will set up the second half of the story. It's a plus that he killed 2 people, but in every arc it was always feeling dull because people don't die or die then turn out to be alive somehow and the suspense/excitement is ruined always. The only thing to enjoy in the fight then would be...the fight itself, and most of the time it's not good

That's another big problem. It has 2 typical good/bad sides. And of course the good side wins as expected...including not having people die.

It's not like i'm a death enthusiast who wants everyone to die like Elfen Lied or something like that...too many deaths (and pointless too) ruin a series just as much as having no/few deaths

But it needs to be just a bit realistic/mature and stop with the childish storytelling (OK here i may not only be talking about the death-good/bad sides), since WE are in the new world which is supposed to be a different place. Besides most fans grew up with the series so most people are now old enough. A story needs to grow with the audience.
MikasaSep 19, 2012 10:31 AM
End Zionazism
Sep 19, 2012 10:33 AM

Mar 2012
Mephz said:
I would not waste my breath on that Mikasa guy he thinks Luffy is a typical shounen character and Ichigo is less so.

But still is. To me they both are. And you fail to prove me wrong...instead you keep stalking me and try to insult me directly xD looooooser noob :P
End Zionazism
Sep 19, 2012 10:46 AM

Jan 2010
Am I the only one who was actually mildly confused about the Doflamingo part? I got that he's a sadistic bastard, but I couldn't follow most of the dialogue from the rest of his...crew?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Sep 19, 2012 10:51 AM

Apr 2009
having Doflaming on a double page was amazing.. (my fav shichibukai)
he's an evil motherfucker....

and i thought he was alone and shit.. now he has even a crew.. and they are coming here? wtf... show me their powers 8DD~

I wonder if Zoro will learn how to cut fire... and what that kid's role will be in the future..

Oda put too much attention in the Samurai-kid thing.. they must be important in this arc..
Sep 19, 2012 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
The mystery behind law, I love it! Oda never seems to disappoint, and with the added flamingo scene, and the talk about "vessel", this is leading up to one hell of a story. The mystery behind flamingo has reached a new pinnacle.
"If you can't even protect your captain, then your ambition is useless" - Roronoa Zoro
Sep 19, 2012 11:20 AM
Oct 2011
kiDnameDSkia said:

Whitebeard also dies, aswell as Sabo. A lot of unimportant characters also die (except in Skypiea, that survival course was just lame...I think that's the only arc where it was annoying to me that everybody survived). Everyone has a person dear to them that died (a whole Island was massacred[Ohara]) and all deaths are of great significance to the story.
but yeah, the point isn't in dying and 99.99% important people survive. If you want to watch main characters die go read Game of thrones or something.

Everything isn't all right in the end. If it were, these characters wouldn't end up being pirates, they would happily live their quiet lives with their families on their islands.

Actually Sabo isnt dead. Luffys father rescued him. So expect a revolutionary arc in the making.
Once a man loves a woman he will do anything for her, except continuing to love her...
Sep 19, 2012 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
@buminator No, GOD NO..
That would be even worse then Kishimoto's most recent trolling incident.
Sep 19, 2012 11:25 AM

May 2011
Is it just me or this Mikasa guy is really high
Sep 19, 2012 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
^ Are you serious about the break? Doesn't sound like something that would take hours to hit the news >.<
Sep 19, 2012 11:31 AM

May 2011
Trafl-guy said:
^ Are you serious about the break? Doesn't sound like something that would take hours to hit the news >.<

Here:

Jump Issue #43 TOC :
Haikyuu!! (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Naruto
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Cross Manage (Color Page, 25 pg.)
Kuroko no Basket
Retsu!! Date Senpai
Beelzebub (Color Page)
Toriko
Nisekoi
Medaka
Sket Dance
Kochikame
Reborn!
Bleach
Koisome Momiji (Color Page)
Kurogane
Alien & I (One Shot)
Takamagahara

Gintama (Absent)

Jump Issue #44 Information
Lead CP: Toriko
CP: Haikyuu!!, Chousoku Henkei Jaipur Rosetta (One Shot, 30 pg.)
Absent: One Piece
Sep 19, 2012 11:33 AM

Sep 2012
Well SHIT

Wow toriko went down btw
Sep 19, 2012 11:33 AM

May 2011
Trafl-guy said:
@buminator No, GOD NO..
That would be even worse then Kishimoto's most recent trolling incident.
The Sabo shit hasn't been confirmed, so we really don't know whether he is dead or alive

But most people [me included] likes to think that he is still alive .
Sep 19, 2012 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
Why ruin a sad story? I really liked how the post-war arc played out, the whole story behind Sabo was one of the best moments and now they'll just ruin it. I know it might sound like a "cool plot twist" but it's stuff like these that M.Night shamalalala is here for.
But I know Oda won't disappoint, he'll keep him dead.
Sep 19, 2012 11:41 AM

Oct 2011
Decent chapter...not liking the pace however.
Doflamingo is my favorite OP villain now, even better than BB
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2012 11:42 AM

May 2007

If you feel every arc is dull because no one is dying and find all of the fights boring, then I question why are you even reading this manga. Actually, to paint broader strokes, from the way you explain your viewpoint, it seems like you just don't enjoy the shounen genre in general. Shounen genre is all about the battles and the good guys overcoming the bad guys. They usually contain your typical hero stories that all young children love imagining at that age.

There are many things that I think makes One Piece stand out from the rest, which is why I prefer it over other shounen titles. The creativity, the world, the characters, the humor, and the story. Since the beginning, Oda has been dropping hints of conspiracies, a world full of mystery and other unique plot lines. If you don't enjoy those, then you're probably not going to enjoy One Piece. And that's fine...since everyone has different tastes.

You mention that One Piece needs to be more "mature/realistic" and stop with the "childish stuff." What's wrong with childish stuff? What's wrong with friendship, humor, dreams, etc? A story doesn't always have to have adult themes such as murder, sex, blood, etc., for it to be enjoyable. Yes, sometimes those themes do make a story really interesting (i.e, Sanctuary) but by no means does it have to be a necessity.

Again, this is a shounen genre manga. If you want more mature stuff, you should go read the seinen genre, which has more death and more mature/adult themes that you seem to be looking. One Piece is published in Shounen Jump, a magazine that is targeted to young to mid-teen boys. Just because it debuted 10+ years ago and its original target audience has grown up does not mean Oda needs to change the manga to only cater to that original audience. Many 8-17 year old children read Jump even today and love One Piece. The fact that One Piece regularly sells over 2 million copies of every volume at each release suggests that people of all ages - young kids to even adults - enjoy the story.
VK11Sep 19, 2012 11:46 AM
Sep 19, 2012 11:44 AM

May 2007
The Mangastream scanlations doesn't mention anything about Luffy being a vessel. So I guess we don't know if DonFlamingo said Luffy being a bigger threat than Law or him being a better a vessel than Law. I am kind of intrigued about the past Law and Don Flamingo had though
Sep 19, 2012 11:45 AM

Oct 2011
Is Next week OP absent from just the rankings or absent as in no chapter?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2012 11:45 AM

Jan 2012
I'm really liking kinemon right now.
Sep 19, 2012 11:58 AM

Apr 2009
Thugnificent- said:
The Sabo shit hasn't been confirmed, so we really don't know whether he is dead or alive

But most people [me included] likes to think that he is still alive .

lol, just by rereading/rewatching that chapter/episode, Sabo is Obviously alive (Dragon said smth like ''what terrible injuries, take him'' i don't remember..
but he's definitely alive since he also hated the nobles just like Dragon, so they have smth in common.. can't wait to see what Dragon is planning.
Sep 19, 2012 12:03 PM

Apr 2010
Doflamingo vs Law? Oh, yeah, I want it.
Sep 19, 2012 12:09 PM

Jun 2011
Mikasa...you are...truly a great piece of work, great acting. I applaud you sir and will now rank you next to the trolling skills of Mitt Romney.

For Mi(tt Romney)kasa:

Anyway, this chapter was amazing. Could it be that the maid, Baby 5, flipped out when she heard that Vergo should finish off Law? DoFlamingo did watch over him since he was small and with the little brother thing and everyone calling DoFlamingo young master... maybe she helped raise Law cause he somehow grew up in DoFl´s mansion? That´s why she cried and pointed a gun at him?

About the dragon being Monosuke...and Kinemon saying something about revenge...maybe he doesn´t know Monosuke is a dragon or has a dragon DF which went berserk? Maybe his son did something terrible in dragonform and then dissapeared and Kinemon thought that a dragon did all that and kidnapped his son? There were other dragons on the island so he might´ve thought that that´s how they kidnapped the children...

SAD...hmmm...no idea what that is, but Law definietly seems to have something nasty in store with it. And Doflamingo implied that if Cesear produces more of it he´d be the one in trouble. Wonder what he means by that.

Sucks that there is no chapter, I hope Oda-sensei makes it up for an epic chapter after the break. Sadly I doubt it, but at least some questions will be answered I hope.
Sep 19, 2012 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
Spoiler tagged for length lol
End Zionazism
Sep 19, 2012 12:18 PM
Feb 2011
Trafl-guy said:
Why ruin a sad story? I really liked how the post-war arc played out, the whole story behind Sabo was one of the best moments and now they'll just ruin it. I know it might sound like a "cool plot twist" but it's stuff like these that M.Night shamalalala is here for.

Sabo is alive. This has nothing do to with believing or not believing.
Reread this page and think:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/13913/one-piece_ch589_by_mangarule/8
On the evening the day the tenryuubito arrived the Rebels were waiting for Dragon who had someone with him who was hurt. This someone was Sabo. Hell in the Anime version they make Dragon straight out tell that he was watching the tenryuubito arrival.
This is no “cheap” plot twist but it was pretty much already foreshadowed long ago. Oda has no problems killing characters, especially “flashback” ones but he has something planned for Sabo so he didn’t kill him. Sabo was not created to tragically die but to play another role. Not to forget this scene here and the three sake cups:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/103954/one-piece_ch668_by_mangarule

x5exotic said:
Is Next week OP absent from just the rankings or absent as in no chapter?

The ranking is the ToC (table of content). It shows what is in the magazine and in which order. If it isn’t in the ToC it is not in the Magazine. The order in which the series are in the magazine depends on the number of votes it got around 7 weeks ago and this is what we call “ranking”
JoslSep 19, 2012 12:35 PM
Sep 19, 2012 12:29 PM

Mar 2012
one_eyed_dragon said:
Mikasa...you are...truly a great piece of work, great acting. I applaud you sir and will now rank you next to the trolling skills of Mitt Romney.

1) Who's mitt romney
2) Hmmm I said twice: I don't want it to be a gay blood fest either. It sucks. Look at Devil May Cry it's shit and immature BECAUSE of the deaths...there is a middle ground y'know
3) Danke Schoen! I always wondered if I were a great actor (*.*)
End Zionazism
Sep 19, 2012 12:33 PM

May 2007

Genre, category, grouping...you can call it whatever. I think you're just arguing semantics about what the label "shounen" really is called. Regardless of what the proper description of the word belongs to, it still describes a type of story that is told in Japanese culture. And as such, One Piece is categorized/grouped/whatever with shounen. So yes, whether its the battle parts of a manga or the story-telling parts, it all still falls under the same description. At least that's how I view it. Yes, battles in a shounen manga are scripted in such a fashion where friendship, dreams and/or willpower will frequently overcome critical-death status and essentially, will the hero to victory. But let's be honest. Everyone who is familiar with Japanese manga knows that when it comes to shounen. You know that will exist going into the story.

I agree, friendship, dreams and the like aren't childish. These are just words that I've seen other people on this site and over the internet use when they talk about "childish stuff."

I'm glad there are still parts that you enjoy of the story. The parts that you seem to be looking forward to are some of the parts that I'm most intrigued about, especially the World Government's relationship with the Void Century. I guess when you simply mentioned how this chapter was boring, I just don't see how that can be (especially with the stuff that you said you enjoy about this manga) when the involvement of DoFlamingo and his crew (as it would seem) and Law's plan for the Yonkou starting to come to fruition. That is story progression. You can't just skip all of this and go straight to whatever you're interested in. We need to find out how we got to point B from point A.

Anyway, it seems like we're starting to go around in circles a bit here, so I don't really have anything new to add. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on some of the points we don't share the same views on. Especially on the creativity of the manga. :)
Sep 19, 2012 12:39 PM
Sep 19, 2012 12:40 PM
Jul 2012
Trafl-guy said:

Whoever said he was dead in the first place?

Saying it "ruins" things is a little overstated tbh. His body was never shown so the feeling of dissapointment is only to blame on yourself when he shows up fine and well.

Dragons crew saved him for my part untill we get some definitive proof otherwise.
Sep 19, 2012 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
He was blown off with the boat...I hate it when people explode and then are actually alive...Pell is bad influence. xD
Maybe I missed something and now I'm in denial...I'll check the links out and see.
It's weird that I would miss something like that lol
Sep 19, 2012 12:50 PM
Jul 2012
Trafl-guy said:
He was blown off with the boat...I hate it when people explode and then are actually alive...Pell is bad influence. xD
Maybe I missed something and now I'm in denial...I'll check the links out and see.

If you don't see their body you can definetley believe they're still alive. OP has a bit of a history on that and it's one of my main problems with the series.

From the ones i can remember especially Pagaya and Pell are guilty of this.
Sep 19, 2012 1:03 PM

Jun 2012
Vorlianis said:
Trafl-guy said:

If you don't see their body you can definetley believe they're still alive. OP has a bit of a history on that and it's one of my main problems with the series.

From the ones i can remember especially Pagaya and Pell are guilty of this.

Pell was ridiculous, i saw him and was like "whos that, wait a sec, are you fucking serious!" usually i would be happy that someone survived but that was plain stupid xD oh well it doesnt effect much anyways :)

You say it would be a disappointment if sabo is alive, but if he is alive then hes going to serve a greater purpose and be involved in good things. if he survived, it was for a reason. so him being involved in great things alongside luffy/dragon would cancel the disappointment, not that i would be disappointed anyway i want him and luffy to meet quite badly :)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

55 by steeltec »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - 8 hours ago

0 by AhriTheS3xyFox »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

64 by cry4heals »»
Yesterday, 5:18 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1081 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 17, 2023

74 by anubela »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.