Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 11, 2014 1:07 PM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:
tsudecimo said:
MohamedHAbdi said:
Kurapika took down a whole team

Spoilers?

No, it's a fake. Kurapika never took down the whole team.

Does Kurapika become relevant again after the CA arc?
Feb 11, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:
tsudecimo said:
MohamedHAbdi said:
Kurapika took down a whole team

Spoilers?

No, it's a fake. Kurapika never took down the whole team.

Does Kurapika become relevant again after the CA arc?

Feb 11, 2014 1:31 PM

Jan 2013
I can feel nothing but pity for the 12% who voted for Sasuke.
Feb 11, 2014 1:36 PM

Sep 2012
judals said:
He's talking about crippling the leader and defeating them indirectly.

He didn't really defeat them, their group is still there, doing the same shit they used to do. He killed some members, annoyed them a bit, but he didn't reach his objective.

Feb 11, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2014
SetsukoHara said:
judals said:
He's talking about crippling the leader and defeating them indirectly.

He didn't really defeat them, their group is still there, doing the same shit they used to do. He killed some members, annoyed them a bit, but he didn't reach his objective.

I know he didn't. I don't want him too. I'd rather they kill him instead.

Point is, as an avenger or a character, Kurapika takes the cake either way. 1 direct kill, even if we disregard Pakunoda, is still more than null.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2014 6:54 PM

May 2011
AqworldThunder said:
I can feel nothing but pity for the 12% who voted for Sasuke.

it's 11% :)
Feb 11, 2014 11:14 PM

May 2012
judals said:
So? Did he finish him off? No. That's what it means to kill someone. This threshold. Not "tiring him out".

How was it his achievement? Brother dying not by his hands? Or him finding out that this is not his subject of revenge? Him being defeated by Itachi? Fight subverting into a Orochimaru vs Itachi while Sasuke watches?
No. I don't count that.

Pakunoda was killed by his own chain. Did Sasuke implant the disease into Itachi? If you're gonna pull "by that logic" card, use it right.

Danzo killed himself, plain and simple. Again, Sasuke became irrelevant and it was him keeping Shisui's eyes from Tobi, as if sasuke never existed.

Avenge his clan by "killing" Itachi, failed.
Avenging them by killing Danzo, failed.
Destroy Konoha, pending, but we both know that's not gonna happen.

Kuraika at least carried out a revenge, and coldly tortured and killed Uvogin. Even in a quest of revenge that lasted 7-20 episodes, he did far more than Sasuke in almost 600 now. Ultimately the writer moved to other things with him and even made him better than he already was. While Sasuke is no longer relevant anymore even when he gets screen-time.

To kill someone means to cause their death, "finishing them off" is not necessary. If you get into a fight with someone who dies due to blood loss because of wounds they sustained during the fight, you've still killed them just the same as if you had slit their throat with a knife. As I said before, Itachi's death not being in Sasuke's best interests doesn't change the fact that he accomplished what he set out to do. Itachi's plan was always to be killed by Sasuke so that he would become the hero of Konoha. Honestly though, whether you want to give Sasuke the credit for that or not doesn't bother me much because it's debatable. It comes down to how you define killing.

When it comes to Danzo though, you're just denying facts. Danzo didn't self-destruct by choice like Deidara(Who I won't bother debating about since he's irrelevant). The Reverse Four Symbols Sealing Technique is only activated upon his death. Oh and he wasn't just attempting to stop Tobi from getting the eyes but also trying to take both Sasuke and Tobi with him so Sasuke wasn't disregarded. It wasn't suicide, he was killed by Sasuke.

The reason I compared Itachi and Pakunoda's deaths is because you consider the later to have been killed although she wasn't delivered a final blow. The chain was Kurapika's, true but it was her choice to die so she could let the other spiders know his identity. If a final blow is what makes something a kill for you then wouldn't that be suicide?
Feb 12, 2014 6:12 AM

Jan 2014
And Sasuke did not really cause his death. The disease caused it, and finished him off. He did not die due to wounds and blood loss by Sasuke's attacks, but of an already sustained sickness. And the moment he died he was fighting oro, not Sasuke.

Whether Danzo had to, does not show how Sasuke killed him, he still took his own life.
It was her choice to let her kill him. She defied his rule, and she died. Itachi, the final blow was indeed by Kurapika. Itachi succumbed to his illness, that's completely different. Danzo also accepted his death, but he's the one who took his own life as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2014 8:27 AM

Dec 2012
gettogaara said:
[...]

Give up dude, it really is pointless. Sauske is a character hated by fans and non fans and this is the HxH board, I'm actually surprised that Sasuke's votes are not below %5, expecting them to acknowledge anything good about Sasuke or Naruto the series seems far fetched.
Feb 12, 2014 9:28 PM

May 2012
@judals
Wow. If you won't even accept that Sasuke killed Danzo then there's no point in continuing.

@tsudecimo
Yeah, I should know by now that arguing against an anime or characters from an anime on it's own board is usually a bad idea lol. I just wish people would try not to let their dislike for a character cloud their judgement. I mean, I don't even like Sasuke. Especially lately.
Feb 12, 2014 9:32 PM

Jan 2014
gettogaara said:
@judals
Wow. If you won't even accept that Sasuke killed Danzo then there's no point in continuing.

If compromising a point for no actual point being made means continuing then I'll just accept the concession now instead.

You're being apologetic with these excuses, trying to give a reason that people just hate the series/character so they're just being biased. That's a desperate way of arguing.
Your point was based on thei r accomplishments as avengers, prove that this is indeed his accomplishment.
Feb 13, 2014 3:06 AM

Jan 2014
Actually I don't like both of them, but sasuke is worse. The best avenger is GUTS(berserk)
Feb 13, 2014 4:46 AM

Dec 2013
i think sasuke is a better avenger as he has the sharingan....kurapika's power can only be used on the spiders...
Feb 13, 2014 5:45 AM

Jan 2014
HiatusXHiatus said:
Actually I don't like both of them, but sasuke is worse. The best avenger is GUTS(berserk)

Guts is a special case. And yes he is.
Kurapika is up there too.

You know what's funny? If Gon does kill Pitou, he'd have accomplished more as an avenger than Sasuke.
Feb 13, 2014 5:55 AM

Jun 2009
judals said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

You know what's funny? If Gon does kill Pitou, he'd have accomplished more as an avenger than Sasuke.

Better Avenger than Guts, too.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 13, 2014 6:02 AM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
judals said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

Touche, but I like Guts more as a character.
Feb 13, 2014 6:13 AM

Jun 2009
judals said:
insan3Spectre said:
judals said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

Can't really say who I prefer, don't really even want to try. I just know I've really grown to like Gon quite a lot in his own right.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 13, 2014 6:18 AM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
judals said:
insan3Spectre said:
judals said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

Can't really say who I prefer, don't really even want to try. I just know I've really grown to like Gon quite a lot in his own right.

Gon feels like as if he's what Guts would be if he didn't go through what he had to as a kid. Kind but still crazy on the inside.
Feb 13, 2014 6:22 AM

Dec 2012
gettogaara said:

I just wish people would try not to let their dislike for a character cloud their judgement. I mean, I don't even like Sasuke. Especially lately.

Yeah a lot of people judge how good a character is by how much they like/dislike them. Same here, I have 7 Naruto characters in my favorite lists but he still didn't make the cut.

insan3Spectre said:

How do you judge how good an avenger is? I'm asking because I'm curious and throughout this topic nobody really said what makes a good avenger.
Feb 13, 2014 6:38 AM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
gettogaara said:

I just wish people would try not to let their dislike for a character cloud their judgement. I mean, I don't even like Sasuke. Especially lately.

Yeah a lot of people judge how good a character is by how much they like/dislike them. Same here, I have 7 Naruto characters in my favorite lists but he still didn't make the cut.

insan3Spectre said:

How do you judge how good an avenger is? I'm asking because I'm curious and throughout this topic nobody really said what makes a good avenger.

I don't know, I was just making a joke based on the fact that Gon would have actually killed his target. Don't take my post too seriously. I haven't even caught up with Naruto.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 13, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
insan3Spectre said:

I don't know, I was just making a joke based on the fact that Gon would have actually killed his target. Don't take my post too seriously. I haven't even caught up with Naruto.

No, you misunderstood me. This not about Naruto and the Sasuke thing. Forget the existence of Sasuke for a second. I just wanted to know your opinion on what makes a good avenger.

I'm asking this because if we forget the comparison to Sasuke is Kurapika actually a good avenger?
Feb 13, 2014 8:24 AM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
insan3Spectre said:

No, you misunderstood me. This not about Naruto and the Sasuke thing. Forget the existence of Sasuke for a second. I just wanted to know your opinion on what makes a good avenger.

I'm asking this because if we forget the comparison to Sasuke is Kurapika actually a good avenger?

I guess a good avenger would have to actually get his revenge. Kurapika hasn't yet, since he ultimately chose his friends over his revenge at that particular instance. So, he is an incomplete avenger. I do expect him to go after the Spiders again at some point. His character arc is, I would say, definitely not over.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 13, 2014 9:51 AM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
tsudecimo said:
insan3Spectre said:

I guess a good avenger would have to actually get his revenge. Kurapika hasn't yet, since he ultimately chose his friends over his revenge at that particular instance. So, he is an incomplete avenger. I do expect him to go after the Spiders again at some point. His character arc is, I would say, definitely not over.

He still managed to kill two, so he is legitimately an avenger at least. We cant blame him for story direction either.

If better avenger meant accomplishment so far, he's got it.
If it's development durin being an avenger, it's there too.
He also did the killings methodically, and he tortures the victim. So he's got the upper hand in either way we compare it.
Feb 13, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
insan3Spectre said:

That seems like an excuse. The truth is that Kurapika failed at getting revenge even expressed so by him.

Only manged to get one, indirectly killed another and weakened the leader instead of killing him, which is not even worth mentioning since he is going to remove the chain. So ultimately he failed.

If a good avenger is someone who is suppose to achieve his revenge goal and make the revenge his number one priority, ergo disregarding everything else, then Kurapika is a lousy avenger. Good character and has the best arc in the series though
Feb 13, 2014 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I can't hate on foolish little brother, Sasuke is what got me in to Naruto and whats still keeping me reading that damn manga but Kurapika is the better avenger. Hell Kurapika is the only avenger between the two.

Sasuke never avenged his clan, Itachi got him pinned and planned his own death, Danzo committed suicide. Kishi never had the balls to make Sasuke actually kill somebody. And the worst part is that Kishi made mad people manipulate Sasuke like he is a lost sheep.

So in the end, Kurapika who hardly got developed as a character and received very little panel time compared to Sasuke is a better avenger because Togashi is just a beast when it comes to characterization and doesn't make mistakes like Kishi.

You said what i have been saying and you did it well over a month lol

Sasuke kept losing focus, and to make it even worse it happened after failing to avenge. All people he faced so far committed suicide.
Sasuke has become a soap opera character. He doesn't even have his own focus anymore.

Kurapika's goal was to get people from the spider initially. Each individual success is considered an actual success. Now he's got 2. In 20 episodes. And he wasn't being emotional over it, despite being his first kill.
Feb 13, 2014 4:38 PM

Jun 2011
Kurapika>Sasuke. My forum avatar says it all. But I personally find Kurapika easier to sympathize with.

Feb 13, 2014 5:07 PM

Sep 2013
I don't like either of them but if I have to pick one I would go with Sasuke because he is hotter.

Ahemm, I mean they both didn't accomplish their revenge goal fully but at least Sasuke is closer, while Kurapika failed.

1 out of 1 for Sasuke
1 out of 3 for Sasuke ( Danzo being the most important one out of the 3)
2 out of 12 (?) for Kurapika (failing to kill the leader is a pretty big fail)
Feb 13, 2014 5:10 PM

Jan 2014
luteum said:
I don't like either of them but if I have to pick one I would go with Sasuke because he is hotter.

Ahemm, I mean they both didn't accomplish their revenge goal fully but at least Sasuke is closer, while Kurapika failed.

1 out of 1 for Sasuke

Dying on their on/suicide does not count as 'accomplishing revenge"

And even if he did manage to kill them, his goal is always scrapped, making it all for naught, and so far, it's 0 out of thousands? of Konoha citizens.
Feb 13, 2014 5:13 PM

Sep 2013
i would have voted for Kurapika if he didn't receive the biggest power up in shounen history lol. the guy was a little bitch before the chain. meh they both suck. hxh > naruto though.
Feb 13, 2014 5:15 PM

Feb 2014
If you take Kurapika at HxH2011 ep 116 I think that's the current vs Sasuke for the same ep in naruto, I think Kurapika wins, however if you take Sasuke now vs Kurapika now, obviously sasuke is far superior.

Besides, we all know truly the best avenger is that dog from Gantz
I rly dunno
Feb 13, 2014 9:07 PM

May 2012
@judals
I'm making excuses because I said It's a bad idea to argue against a character on their own board? No, that's just common sense. And almost every one of your posts makes it fairly obvious that you're biased against Sasuke.

Either way, I am not here to continue arguing about who's the better avenger because frankly I'm not emotionally invested enough in Sasuke to continue defending him but at the very least I can provide undeniable proof that Danzo was killed by Sasuke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPHijvYxLEs

Sasuke stabs, Danzo through Karen hitting his heart. Danzo flees while dying. Then he activates the Reverse Four Symbols Sealing Technique where when he dies anything in a specific range around him will be sealed within his body. The jutsu
does not kill him, it was activated to take Sasuke and Tobi with him. Don't believe me? Here's more evidence.

http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/481/17

Tobi says "That jutsu would have sucked you into his corpse to die with him...He must had it set to go off when he died."
Feb 13, 2014 11:34 PM

Jan 2014
If you want avenger who can't avenge his target till the end and realize that revenge brings nothing but emptiness you should check Thorfinn (Vinland Saga).
Feb 14, 2014 1:19 AM

Sep 2013
judals said:
luteum said:

1 out of 1 for Sasuke

Dying on their on/suicide does not count as 'accomplishing revenge"

And even if he did manage to kill them, his goal is always scrapped, making it all for naught, and so far, it's 0 out of thousands? of Konoha citizens.

Wow you are biased.
Feb 14, 2014 4:18 AM

Jan 2014
luteum said:

Wow you are biased.

You keep making claims and just end them there without any points made whatsoever. I think you're the one being biased.
I know there's a big fan base for naruto and some fans are really committed, but try to see things reasonably. Your original post made little sense.
And do you really think you'll be considered unbiased just because you claimed you don't like either? It seems people try to use this as some credibility jutsu.

gettogaara said:
@judals
I'm making excuses because I said It's a bad idea to argue against a character on their own board? No, that's just common sense. And almost every one of your posts makes it fairly obvious that you're biased against Sasuke.

Either way, I am not here to continue arguing about who's the better avenger because frankly I'm not emotionally invested enough in Sasuke to continue defending him but at the very least I can provide undeniable proof that Danzo was killed by Sasuke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPHijvYxLEs

Sasuke stabs, Danzo through Karen hitting his heart. Danzo flees while dying. Then he activates the Reverse Four Symbols Sealing Technique where when he dies anything in a specific range around him will be sealed within his body. The jutsu
does not kill him, it was activated to take Sasuke and Tobi with him. Don't believe me? Here's more evidence.

http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/481/17

Tobi says "That jutsu would have sucked you into his corpse to die with him...He must had it set to go off when he died."

Almost every one of your posts make it fairly obvious that you're biased against Kurapika. We can keep going back and forth.
First of all, showing your dislike toward a character does not make you biased, it comes with a character being badly written. That said, I'm not just denying him anything, but your claims are just not true.

Okay, I'll give you Danzo. That's one kill, out of all Konoha. And Kurapika has 2 kills in comparison and he stopped because he decided to. Not because of a melodramatic emotional ride, and people manipulating him
Kurapika already pinned down his target, tortured him, killed him, and buried him like nothing happened.

And yes, you are making excuses. Anyone can claim the other person is being biased when they can't think of a better argument. Look, 3 of you said it in a single page. Right now it feels like a generic defense insert for when Sasuke gets criticized. If you dismiss all the points made here as just people hating Sasuke, then clearly, you're the one being biased.
Feb 14, 2014 8:31 AM

Sep 2013
judals said:
luteum said:

Wow you are biased.

You keep making claims and just end them there without any points made whatsoever. I think you're the one being biased.
I know there's a big fan base for naruto and some fans are really committed, but try to see things reasonably. Your original post made little sense.
And do you really think you'll be considered unbiased just because you claimed you don't like either? It seems people try to use this as some credibility jutsu.

See here is why you are biased. You think everyone who disagrees with you in this shitty argument a naruto fan. When the truth is that I'm not even remotely close to being one and if anything I'm close to being a HxH fan, since I actually watch it reguraly and not randomly with friends like I do with Naruto. You are without a doubt biased against Sasuke and I don't think even you believe that Kurapika accomplished anything, you are just saying that because he is being compared to Sasuke.

I already gave my points.

1/ Kurapika failed miserably to kill the leader, which was his biggest and most important revenge target

2/ Kurapika only killed one spider on his own will. That is Uvgon. I also don't get the nonsense about him torturing him, because that didn't happen and Uvgon didn't suffer at all. Kurapika was very mentally affected by his first kill. In the original version he is showed screaming and shaken up by his first kill. So sorry to break it to ya, but he is not a cold blooded killer. Not like when Sasuke pierced through Karin to kill Danzo. Now that is cold blooded.

3/ The blonde girl didn't die because Kurapika wanted to kill her. She died on her own will. She is not as important to Kurapika as the boss either way and if Kurapika wanted to kill her, he wouldn't have given her the choice to keep living by shutting her mouth or by not sharing her memories with the rest of the spiders. She had the resolve to die on her own.

4/ No matter how you wanna twist it. Kurapika only killed one spider as a part of his revenge and failed to accomplish his revenge goal. Which is why he was frustrated when he let the boss go but decided that his friends life are worth more. So he FAILED. For fucks sake even Kurapika accepted that he obviously failed in yorknew

5/ Sasuke official revenge goal are/were. Itachi then later on Danzo and the three elders. The whole killing everyone in the village thing is not part of his revenge goal, it something he said because he was filled with hate and they didn't cause his brother's death. So no Sasuke currently killed 1 out of 3, which better than Kurapika because Danzo is more important than the other two elders while Uvgon is not more important than the boss and the rest of spiders combined.

6/ You can go fuck yourself for all I care. I don't care enough for either series/characters to post more than this and to reply again to a biased and deluded individual like yourself. See, this is why I stay away from fandoms especially the HxH one. Obnoxious idiots with an inferiority complex regarding the other shounen success and popularity. Hiatus x Hiatus will never end and Toagashi is a lazy fuck. YOU MAD?
luteumFeb 14, 2014 8:37 AM
Feb 14, 2014 8:41 AM

Jan 2014
luteum said:

See here is why you are biased. You think everyone who disagrees with you in this shitty argument a naruto fan. When the truth is that I'm not even remotely close to being one and if anything I'm close to being a HxH fan, since I actually watch it reguraly and not randomly with friends like I do with Naruto. You are without a doubt biased against Sasuke and I don't think even you believe that Kurapika accomplished anything, you are just saying that because he is being compared to Sasuke.

I already addressed that. You are either biased toward naruto or against HxH, the main issue is that you think you will gain credibility by claiming you dislike the one you're arguing for/like the one you're arguing against. And that this makes you entitled to preemptively call people biased whenever you can't think of an argument.

1/ Kurapika failed miserably to kill the leader, which was his biggest and most important revenge target

Wrong. It's been established there's no real value in the life of the spider's leader. They work as a unit.

2/ Kurapika only killed one spider on his own will. That is Uvgon. I also don't get the nonsense about him torturing him, because that didn't happen and Uvgon didn't suffer at all. Kurapika was very mentally affected by his first kill. In the original version he is showed screaming and shaken up by his first kill. So sorry to break it to ya, but he is not a cold blooded killer.

Kurapika tortured him for half an episode. I don't care what happens in the first version.

3/ The blonde girl didn't not die because Kurapika wanted to kill her. She died on her own will. She is not as important to Kurapika as the boss either way and if Kurapika wanted to kill her, he wouldn't have given her the choice to keep living by shutting her mouth.

He still killed her. He stabbed her with a chain that crushed her heart. He gave her the chance to live, she disobeyed him, he killed her. If he really didn't mean to, he'd put a fake chain with no effect and just mentally scare her.

4/ No matter how you wanna twist. Kurapika only killed one spider as a part of his revenge and filled to accomplish his revenge goal. Which is why he was frustrated when he let the boss go but decided that his friends life are worth more. So he FAILED

He still managed to capture the boss, he was at his mercy, he just decided with the encouragement of his friends not to kill anymore. It was his choice.

5/ Sasuke official revenge goal are/were. Itachi then later on Danzo and the three elders. The whole killing everyone in the village thing is not part of his revenge goal, it something he said because he was filled with hate and they didn't cause his brother's death. So no Sasuke currently killed 1 out of 3, which better than Kurapika because Danzo is more important than the other two elders while Uvgon is not more important than the boss and the rest of spiders combined.

He failed in killing Itachi, and if we go by your logic, going after Danzo is not part of his revenge goal. It will always be Itachi, and since he failed, and Itachi's dead, that'll never happen.

6/ You can go fuck yourself for all I care. I don't care enough for either series/characters to post more than this and to reply again to a biased and deluded individual like yourself. See, this is why I stay away from fandoms especially the HxH one. Obnoxious idiots with an inferiority complex regarding the other shounen success and popularity. Hiatus x Hiatus will never end and Toagashi is a lazy fuck. YOU MAD?

I say what I said to the other guy, you would not say that if this was not how you feel. I think you're the one with inferiority complex for the quality of the series. That's just how I interpreted this post.
And yes, real mature.
Feb 15, 2014 1:44 AM

May 2012
@judals
This will be my last post since this is going nowhere fast.

In what way am I biased against Kurapika? I'm not belittling what he's done and the whole discussion on whether or not Pakunoda should be counted began by following your train of thought. No one is calling you biased simply because you're arguing against Sasuke or don't like him. It's because of how you allow that dislike to carry into your arguments and therefore continuously attempt to minimize his accomplishments with irrelevant information.

A perfect example is how you've brought up the episode count multiple times while conveniently ignoring that Naruto is a much longer running show with a huge amount of fillers and that in the entire first part, Sasuke couldn't even touch Itachi. Not to mention you compare the entire span of the series to just the Yorknew arc. Either way, how quickly someone gets their revenge isn't important. If Kurapika returned to a prominent role in HxH hundreds of chapters later and took down the phantom troupe then I'd consider him the better Avenger.

You just don't seem to want to hear that Sasuke succeeded in anything. I mean look how many posts it's taken to get you to accept Danzo as a kill for Sasuke and now you're downplaying it by saying things like "That's one kill, out of all Konoha" when that was never a realistic goal in the first place. So no, mentioning your distaste for a character is not an excuse but an observation that makes further discussion pointless.
Feb 15, 2014 1:58 AM

Jan 2014
gettogaara said:
@judals
This will be my last post since this is going nowhere fast.

In what way am I biased against Kurapika? I'm not belittling what he's done and the whole discussion on whether or not Pakunoda should be counted began by following your train of thought. No one is calling you biased simply because you're arguing against Sasuke or don't like him. It's because of how you allow that dislike to carry into your arguments and therefore continuously attempt to minimize his accomplishments with irrelevant information.

A perfect example is how you've brought up the episode count multiple times while conveniently ignoring that Naruto is a much longer running show with a huge amount of fillers and that in the entire first part, Sasuke couldn't even touch Itachi. Not to mention you compare the entire span of the series to just the Yorknew arc. Either way, how quickly someone gets their revenge isn't important. If Kurapika returned to a prominent role in HxH hundreds of chapters later and took down the phantom troupe then I'd consider him the better Avenger.

You just don't seem to want to hear that Sasuke succeeded in anything. I mean look how many posts it's taken to get you to accept Danzo as a kill for Sasuke and now you're downplaying it by saying things like "That's one kill, out of all Konoha" when that was never a realistic goal in the first place. So no, mentioning your distaste for a character is not an excuse but an observation that makes further discussion pointless.

Because you keep using the bias card out of its application. You're basically saying "agree with me that Sasuke killed Itachi or you're biased", which is a cheap argument at best.
What's wrong with bringing up episode count? See this is what I'm talking about, you try to make any point to sound like some biased thing. And now it's this.
Even if we exclude fillers, it was still taking a lot more time. Yes generally it's because of Naruto's length but whose fault is that that a manga stalls a lot?
Actually time is important. It's called efficiency. Taking down 2 right away is better than... facing someone and not be able to kill him.

Wait now I'm being biased because he vowed to kill Konoha and so far managed to kill one only? Weren't you the one who said Kurapika isn't as good because he only managed 2 out of 13, I'm just using the same logic, and now you're being a hypocrite that your point backfired.

Edit: and please don't say it's an unrealistic goal when two people had already done it, the latter completely obliterated and revived it.
GrunbeldFeb 15, 2014 2:05 AM
Feb 15, 2014 11:00 AM

May 2012
@judals
*sigh* I really wanted that to be my last post but I can't very well leave things like this. I never once accused you of being biased for disagreeing with me about Itachi. In post #107, I even said that it didn't bother me that you don't agree on whether it was a kill or not because it came down to how we each defined killing and was therefore debatable. It was your obstinate stance that Danzo was a suicide that first led me to say "I just wish people would try not to let their dislike for a character cloud their judgement."

As for the episode count, you comparing the entire series as if Sasuke was actively pursuing Itachi the whole time to just the Yorknew arc is showing favoritism to Kurapika, ergo bias. There were other examples I could mention but if you don't consider that one biased then there's no point. If you wanted to be fair about it then comparing the specific arcs where each character was actively pursuing their object of revenge would be better. The Itachi Pursuit Arc(Where Sasuke defeats Orochimaru, Deidara and Killerbee as well) ran 59 chapters(27 episodes)and Yorknew ran 53 chapters(21 episodes) But in this arc, there was Jiraya vs. Pain which has nothing to do with Sasuke or Itachi. That lasted exactly 7 episodes(127-133) before focus returned to Sasuke. To be fair though there were also some episodes in Yorknew that didn't have Kurapika or the troupe. 37,38,48. So that makes it a very close, Itachi Pursuit(20 Eps) Yorknew(18 Eps)

No you're not using the same logic. It was never about numbers for me. In my very first post, I said I found Sasuke to be the better avenger because he achieved his original goal in killing Itachi(Let's not get back into that. Just a difference in opinion.) If Kurapika's original goal had been to take down Uvogin and then Pakunoda, he'd be the better avenger but Kurapika's original goal was to kill or detain all of the spiders. While I'll admit, his goal is far more difficult, he's still working on that one and Sasuke's on to a new one.

By not being a realistic goal, I didn't mean it couldn't be done just that it clearly wasn't going to happen(Although I would've liked to see him try.) If Sasuke decided to go through with it, Naruto would stop him. And even if Sasuke somehow managed to beat him and burn the whole village down, that wouldn't make him a better or worse avenger, just a better murderer.
Feb 15, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 2013
Kurapika is a better avenger than Sasuke. You can't even call Sasuke an avenger anymore since he joined the good side and also since he doesn't even know what he's trying to avenge.
Feb 15, 2014 11:28 AM

Jan 2014
gettogaara said:
@judals
*sigh* I really wanted that to be my last post but I can't very well leave things like this. I never once accused you of being biased for disagreeing with me about Itachi. In post #107, I even said that it didn't bother me that you don't agree on whether it was a kill or not because it came down to how we each defined killing and was therefore debatable. It was your obstinate stance that Danzo was a suicide that first led me to say "I just wish people would try not to let their dislike for a character cloud their judgement."

And I went through this all argument without preemptively calling someone anything, until you kept using your accusatory tone. And it seems the rest of your posts strongly disagree with post #107 of yours, since that's all that's coming out of you.

As for the episode count, you comparing the entire series as if Sasuke was actively pursuing Itachi the whole time to just the Yorknew arc is showing favoritism to Kurapika, ergo bias. There were other examples I could mention but if you don't consider that one biased then there's no point. If you wanted to be fair about it then comparing the specific arcs where each character was actively pursuing their object of revenge would be better. The Itachi Pursuit Arc(Where Sasuke defeats Orochimaru, Deidara and Killerbee as well) ran 59 chapters(27 episodes)and Yorknew ran 53 chapters(21 episodes) But in this arc, there was Jiraya vs. Pain which has nothing to do with Sasuke or Itachi. That lasted exactly 7 episodes(127-133) before focus returned to Sasuke. To be fair though there were also some episodes in Yorknew that didn't have Kurapika or the troupe. 37,38,48. So that makes it a very close, Itachi Pursuit(20 Eps) Yorknew(18 Eps)

Well, sir, Sasuke had 3 'favortism' arcs, 4 including the recent one, and a off-side mission/little adventure of his against Killer Bee that could have been used to actually make him achieve something you could use in an argument.

Also, if we're only counting episodes where the goal is to achieve the goal, then Kurapika's count would be from episode 40-41 up to 52 while excluding episodes like 51 which was just the Troupe's massacre, 49/50 which was Gon talking to Nobunaga, and either 46 or 48, the one with Zepile. Oh and don't forget Itachi vs Sasuke from the original anime plus the subsequent arc going after Orochimaru in order to defeat Itachi.

See, no matter how you slice it, Sasuke's failed goal took more episodes than HxH's entire run.

No you're not using the same logic. It was never about numbers for me. In my very first post, I said I found Sasuke to be the better avenger because he achieved his original goal in killing Itachi(Let's not get back into that. Just a difference in opinion.)

No, this was the major point of him being an avenger, and he failed it. If you can't really provide proof he murdered him, then have the decency to actually admit you're either wrong or playing favorites.

If Kurapika's original goal had been to take down Uvogin and then Pakunoda, he'd be the better avenger but Kurapika's original goal was to kill or detain all of the spiders. While I'll admit, his goal is far more difficult, he's still working on that

Uhh, what? Have you been paying attention? No he's not.
one and Sasuke's on to a new one.
Deciding not to exact further against more of them is different from failing to kill that one person, and having the option to do so ripped away forever. Difference is: Choice.
Not to mention Kurapika actually proving the ability to do so.

By not being a realistic goal, I didn't mean it couldn't be done just that it clearly wasn't going to happen(Although I would've liked to see him try.) If Sasuke decided to go through with it, Naruto would stop him. And even if Sasuke somehow managed to beat him and burn the whole village down, that wouldn't make him a better or worse avenger, just a better murderer.

So, Kurapika not killing anymore Spiders due to story line direction makes less good an avenger, yet Sasuke not doing the same despite it being done before excuses him.
Look, if Kurapika has "only killed 2/13, then Sasuke has only killed 1/[number of konohas]
Both had vowed to do that. So you can't just make up double-standards.
Feb 15, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2012
Oh wow. I honestly pity you. Don't reply back gettogarra it's just not worth it, when it reaches a point where he discredits something you explictly said because of some implications he felt.

I miss the CeeTwo/Hurricansweet persona at least they were funny sometimes.
Feb 15, 2014 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
See, getto, this is the type of post I was talking about.

To quote myself,
Because you keep using the bias card out of its application. You're basically saying "agree with me that Sasuke killed Itachi or you're biased", which is a cheap argument at best.

He just swayed you to follow in his footsteps. This guy has a grudge on HxH for some reason, and preaches for level-headed arguments.

Anyway, I'm done. This is clearly gonna turn into a discussion between you two about how everyone else is biased, and I hope you assure each other well enough.
Feb 15, 2014 11:48 AM

Dec 2012
Lol okay. Ignore the fact that people called you biased against Sasuke because of Danzo not Itachi but yeah sure, I seem to have the ability to cast genjutsu apparently.

judals said:

This guy has a grudge on the newfags HxH (2011) Chimera ant arc fans

Fixed.

This is clearly gonna turn into a discussion between you two about how everyone else is biased, and I hope you assure each other well enough.

Except you are the only person who is being called biased out of the others who voted for Kurapika. Gee, I wonder why.
Feb 15, 2014 11:55 AM

Jan 2014
I already acknowledged the Danzo point, and expanded upon it.
Except you are the only person who is being called biased out of the others who voted for Kurapika. Gee, I wonder why.

tsudecimo said:

Give up dude, it really is pointless. Sauske is a character hated by fans and non fans and this is the HxH board, I'm actually surprised that Sasuke's votes are not below %5, expecting them to acknowledge anything good about Sasuke or Naruto the series seems far fetched.

Oh this is gold.

Besides, gee maybe because I'm the one single-handedly doing the arguments? And you can't stand someone using logic so you resort to ad hominem?

Edit: Nevermind, don't feel like stooping to that level. I just hope you find this hate worthwhile.
GrunbeldFeb 15, 2014 12:10 PM
Feb 15, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2012
ad hominem? I'm not currently having an argument with you, nor did I ever had an argument with you about Sasuke vs Kurapika or anything for that matter. Those are just my comments.

I don't hate HxH. Last I checked the Chimera ant arc =/= All of HxH. I find it funny that people accuse me of hating the series, when I only ever crictize the Chimera ant arc and parctically nothing else. I don't believe I insulted the fans, well I did before but I apologized for it at the same time.

Lol. I posted my comment on episode 116 but I noticed spelling mistakes and I wanted to add some stuff and quote someone so I deleted it. I don't know why you are still remembering that, what is the significance? it was like a 2 minute difference. So if I did something one time it means constantly? hmmm

Ughh. I have been avoiding you till now. You are just like the epitome of the stereotypical HxH fan, at least by the image recently created from the Chimera ant arc fans. I'm quite confident you are an alternative account of someone ( soundscape, CeeTwo, Hurricanesweet). I regret the fact that I didn't continue to ignore you but the logic holes in that post were just too much. At any rate, acknowldging your existence was a huge mistake on my part, a mistake that I won't repeat again.
Feb 15, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2014
the logic holes in that post were just too much

If you really want to show us you're not just trolling, call out these logic holes to me, point them out, hell maybe if you're right, I might learn something. Because so far, I've only used getto's logic to turn the argument in my favor.

But I doubt you will, you ignore people who actually want to discuss it and only surface when there's hate posts.
Feb 15, 2014 12:32 PM
Feb 15, 2014 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
the long version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq4NeqOXZGc
Feb 15, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2013
Don't click if you don't wanna be spoiled on future naruto events, although this has been said 100x in this thread.

http://narutobase.net/manga/mangas/Naruto/631%20-%20Team%207/15.jpg

http://narutobase.net/manga/mangas/Naruto/631%20-%20Team%207/16.jpg

SaSa-ZoldyckFeb 15, 2014 12:59 PM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.