Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2008 10:12 PM

Jan 2008
The fighting scene was so well done love this after story!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2008 10:15 PM

Apr 2008
it was an ok episode.
i thought it was really cliche, and little too dramatized. its hard for me to feel sad for a character who makes me laugh all the time
Also WTF with that guy who grabbed mei? what was he going to do with her? It took okazaki a while to respond to that; if i were in okazaki's place, id charge at that guy immediately

cant wait for the next episode(♥ misae ♥)
Kyon97Oct 25, 2008 10:34 PM
Oct 25, 2008 11:45 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
angel999 said:
SORRY BUT I DISAGREE! Sure the feelings are there BUT VIOLENCE NEVER SOLVES NOTHING! There better solutions! There is NO NEED TO POUND ON EACH OTHER. Sure this is anime BUT SAYING IT IS OK TO BEAT UP PEOPLE (friends or not) just to get to the bottom of things IS WRONG!

It is the same as using violence as means to express oneself in order TO END THE MISUNDERSTANDING! Sure Sunohara deserved it and all but THERE MUST HAVE BEEN ANOTHER WAY!
I quote:
Friendships among men are often based on shared activities, instead of emotional sharing, which is more typical of women's friendships.
It's called male bonding. This is not true of all men, no different than it is of all women, but in general, men are unable to express themselves through words, and most often express themselves through actions or deeds. This was not a group of people pounding one guy within an inch of his life. This was two guys, who are friends, essentially wrestling out their anger at each other -- no different than two girls would scream their anger at one another.

"This anime is saying"? Since when did we start looking at anime for our life lessons? It's fiction; it's entertainment. It's supposed to be enjoyable, and that's exactly what this episode was in my book. Don't take every episode of every anime personally, and lighten up a bit.
Oct 26, 2008 5:45 AM
Aug 2007
Kyon97 said:
it was an ok episode.
i thought it was really cliche, and little too dramatized. its hard for me to feel sad for a character who makes me laugh all the time

Yea I completely agree, the ending was obvious from the start and the single-minded thuggishness of the soccer club seemed too convenient.

I do like the way they showed the friendship between Tomoya and Sunohara though.
Oct 26, 2008 6:37 AM

Jan 2008
That episode was so much fun to watch XD I really enjoyed it!
I was so pissed of...this damned Soccer club. Sunohara coming to the rescue was so awesome!
Totally love the characters, awesome story and remembered, how much I loed this show - and still love!
Next Ep looks promising.
CLANNAD!
Oct 26, 2008 7:31 AM

Feb 2008
Hurry up Eclipse, it's been like 4 days.
Oct 26, 2008 8:31 AM

Feb 2008
love the friendship theme in this episode...and i actually enjoyed the brawl between tomoya and sunohara

Oct 26, 2008 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Clannad became a fighting anime ^.^
This episode showed how deep their friendship is. And Sunohara led the way to the future (there was only half a year of school life, he said)
Next will be Misae's route.. that means there will be more episodes than just 13? I thought (without knowing details of after-story), there was more to handle in the main arc alone.
Oct 26, 2008 10:47 AM

Sep 2008
DAMN IT ECLIPSE!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!! AFTER 4 ****IN DAYS!!!! *Throws Super Mario Galaxy*
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 26, 2008 12:12 PM

Oct 2007
angel999 said:
SORRY BUT I DISAGREE! Sure the feelings are there BUT VIOLENCE NEVER SOLVES NOTHING! There better solutions! There is NO NEED TO POUND ON EACH OTHER. Sure this is anime BUT SAYING IT IS OK TO BEAT UP PEOPLE (friends or not) just to get to the bottom of things IS WRONG!

It is the same as using violence as means to express oneself in order TO END THE MISUNDERSTANDING! Sure Sunohara deserved it and all but THERE MUST HAVE BEEN ANOTHER WAY!
Sorry brother, even in this real world there are things that can NOT be solved just by talking alone and there are things that can be solve just by throwing away your money. Every problem has its own solution and every solution are not the same and NOT every solution are always peaceful. As for Kineta said above, you are putting too much your personality into this discussion.

Well, it is sad that Eclipse is taking a week break due to the Halloween.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 26, 2008 1:21 PM

Oct 2008
"Well, it is sad that Eclipse is taking a week break due to the Halloween."

Can you find the source for that statement.
I doesn't seem to be true as they are releasing all their planned episodes sort of on time, except Clannad AS (which is the main show this fall)

They just released index and they released Clannad AS 1 widescreen, so did they forget to sub Clannad AS 4 or just forget to put it on torrent?
OmniknightOct 26, 2008 1:43 PM
Oct 26, 2008 1:57 PM

May 2007
Eclipse you make me sad. Where's the episode? :(

Oct 26, 2008 3:16 PM

Oct 2007
>>"Can you find the source for that statement."
Well, I don't really have any source to that statement because it was something I read somewhere else.

>>"They just released index and they released Clannad AS 1 widescreen, so did they forget to sub Clannad AS 4 or just forget to put it on torrent?"
Do you really think they can made such a mistake? I am not in their group so I don't how they work with their sub but I can say that not every single one of their member work on every single one of their project. For example they have a certain person to TS Clannad and that person is absented then the episode won't be able to released. As for the other project, if everyone for that project is still available then the episode will be able to release.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 26, 2008 4:02 PM

Oct 2008
What you say is true Siva. Just wondering why there isn't a release. Eclipse doesn't seem to have a forum or message board. Static subs site doesn't say anything either.

@ NoyaChan: Be happy that people are out there subbing anime for you.
SS-Eclipse can take their time if they want. Just want a notification =D
Oct 26, 2008 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
Kineta said:
"This anime is saying"? Since when did we start looking at anime for our life lessons? It's fiction; it's entertainment. It's supposed to be enjoyable, and that's exactly what this episode was in my book. Don't take every episode of every anime personally, and lighten up a bit.

I don't really think there's anything wrong with trying to look deeper in to anime, i mean, if we weren't supposed to do that, shows like Lain or Evangelion might not have been so popular. Anyways, I my opinion, anime, as well with any form of art, the goal is not just about entertainment (though that can be the case for many things), but about communication. Which by saying you disagree with certain aspects of a show, is a part of. So I think anyone has the right to take whatever they see and make a judgement upon it, as long as there is some way to back up the point.

Of course, you did mention something about Angel999 being too personal and emotional, but I don't intend to touch upon that, since I wanted to just focus on critical nature of anime. So maybe you can enlighten me with your view?

p.s. I agree with Angel999 statement on the violence; this land is made up of love and peace!
Oct 26, 2008 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
Mei-chan. :[ I loved this episode, and I'll probably be loving this entire season.
Oct 26, 2008 10:13 PM

Mar 2008
Nicely rounded off the arc. The fight scene between Tomoya and Youhei made me all emotional and stuff ;.;

They even manged to start weaving in Yukine arc. But they probably won't dedicate one arc to it...

next up is Misae, this is gonna be great too XD
Oct 26, 2008 11:10 PM

Jul 2008
I liked the resolution to this arc. To me, it kind of ended suddenly, but it was a very realistic ending. I'm gonna have to agree with the person that said fighting is just a way for guys to release their emotions. I've known many guys who have done exactly what Youhei and Tomoya did. They fought and then a few days later, laughed it off. In most cases it strengthened their friendship.

Those speaking of peaceful solutions are pretty naive. Not everything can be solved with love and hugs. Guys are just agressive in nature. I wouldn't necessary say they're promoting violence either. It's just how some friendships are. I mean, they met each other because of fights.

Not really looking forward to the next arc. She's not very ineresting to me. Hopefully it'll go by fast.
Oct 26, 2008 11:31 PM

Feb 2008
Is there any other decent subs for this? Eclipse is taking way too damn long.
Oct 27, 2008 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
this ep made me think of my best buddy T^T
yohei and tomoya fighting jst made me teary-eyed >< and somehow nagisa does not seem to be significant in this arc. oh well... the next one, i bet, aint gonna be as good as this >.<
Oct 27, 2008 2:36 AM

Oct 2008
Amazing episode. Really liking how this is progressing now.
Oct 27, 2008 10:44 AM

Sep 2008
O_O ECLIPSE AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Throws Sonic and the Secret Rings*
Oct 27, 2008 2:57 PM

Oct 2008
Just to let you guys know, Eclipse just released their subbed version of Clannad AS 04.
Oct 27, 2008 3:37 PM

Jul 2008
So effin' epic.

Fight scene with soccer team was simply amazing.
Oct 27, 2008 3:53 PM
Nov 2007
It was nice of KyoAni to put in a modified shot of a CG from the actual game in the end
Oct 27, 2008 4:13 PM

Jul 2007
Mario1-7 said:
O_O ECLIPSE AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Throws Sonic and the Secret Rings*

Yeah!!! My patience almost ran out. T_T

Anyway, another freaking awesome ep, glad this small arc ended.
Oct 27, 2008 4:18 PM

Feb 2008
Man that episode was great.
The best episode so far.
The end was hilarious. Poor Sunohara. >:3
Oct 27, 2008 4:35 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was something else, as expected from Clannad. Loved this episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 27, 2008 4:41 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode as usual, and a very nice end for this story arc, even if it felt a bit over the top in terms of drama from time to time. Guess that next time we'll have another secondary arc, the Misae one, before starting the true plot at mid-season probably (can't wait to watch the KyoAni version of the After Story, really... already preparing the tissues :)).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 27, 2008 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
really powerful drama, but with plenty of comic relief. brilliant stuff
Oct 27, 2008 5:07 PM

Sep 2008
I love it I love it I love it....I felt so many different emotions during this episode, OMG I love Clannad!!!!!! 6/5
Oct 27, 2008 5:07 PM

Dec 2007
Was so good, this series is everything that great entertainment should be.

#NBHNC
Oct 27, 2008 5:34 PM

Aug 2007
I don't agree with opening post. I thought this episode was incredible. The best episode of the entire fall 2008 anime season so far. Character Development, story telling, plot. What the hell. The only problem is that widescreen is only for episode 1 so far. Don't matter I'm rewatching as widescreen comes out. Best show of the season.

btw one of the best fight scenes ever. Not action-wise but emotional-wise. I don't think I've ever harbored so much resentment and have had it relieved as satisfactorily. I don't think I've been on this kind of emotional trip as early as the 4th episode in a series, either.
Oct 27, 2008 6:00 PM

Jun 2008
I agree with ^, this episode was amazing in so many ways. Oh my goodness at some points I was smiling, laughing, gasping, crying, well more on the verge of tears...to be honest, they were happy tears! This was a great, ending to the episode. I think I wanted to see maybe, a slightly better conclusion to Mei and Sunohara though, but it wasn't bad at all, maybe I wanted more of some screen time action with them :o wah, but oh well. I enjoyed every second it. Those soccer players were driving me insane! As soon as they grabbed Mei, I literally growle, lol.

I think Tomoya and Sunohara's friendship scenes, were just great overall. I love Tomoyaaaa x10<3333 oh my goodness, and and and I want moar Nagisa! But that's okay, looks like were getting into Misaes story? Interesting!
KitteniaOct 27, 2008 6:04 PM
Oct 27, 2008 6:15 PM

Mar 2008
SAGARA MISAE ARC!
SAGARA MISAE ARC!
SAGARA MISAE ARC!
SAGARA MISAE ARC!
SAGARA MISAE ARC!
SAGARA MISAE ARC!

MY FAVORITE ARC! I didn't think they were going to put it in! YES!
Oct 27, 2008 6:31 PM

Aug 2007
Kittenia said:
Those soccer players were driving me insane! As soon as they grabbed Mei, I literally growle, lol.

I think Tomoya and Sunohara's friendship scenes, were just great overall. I love Tomoyaaaa x10<3333 oh my goodness, and and and I want moar Nagisa! But that's okay, looks like were getting into Misaes story? Interesting!

OMG those soccer players. When they insulted Nagisa I almost bit my tongue. If jerks like those in that situation made fun of my girlfriend I would literally have lost it. And they were bullying Mei I was like grr......

koolabsol said:
As a guy I loved the friend fight because that's how it's supposed to be done and even though I was kinda irritated the girls were crying and stopped them if they had continued it might have gotten out of control. Wicked awesome ep in my opinion.

Yes!
Oct 27, 2008 6:37 PM

Nov 2007
T.T @ Mei. NOOOOOOOO. GOOOOOO YOUHEI & TOMOYA!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 27, 2008 6:44 PM
Mar 2008
Second fight was cool, their eyes really look different when they go into dark mode and give off a yandere-ish feel without the psychotic-ness (Nagisa, Tomoyo/a, Sunohara, Kotomi). I always wait for Yukine to disappear off the screen to the side then pop back in your face with a knife lol. Sunohara finding out about Sanae was great.
Oct 27, 2008 7:25 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
THIS SUCKS! VIOLENCE SOLVES NOTHING! BEEN THERE AND GOT MY ASS KICKED MANY TIMES...........CAUSE I PREFER BREAKING YOUR TV INSTEAD OF YOUR LIFE...MEANING TO KILL YOU! When I fight I kill and do not leave alone ever one who gets me angry.

So if your little sister was being physically picked on by a bunch of guys older than her, you'll just tell them how they're such big meanies and that's it? Lol at you claiming you'll kill people if you fight but yet you believe violence does nothing.

angel999 said:
Sorry but I have to say this like I promised *PUNCHES Okazaki with uppercut* OKAZAKI BAKA! YOU MADE NAGISAWA CRY! I never hold back my promises! STUPID OKAZAKI! Nagisa will remember that.......good thing Okazaki did reconcile with Sunohara somehow it made Nagisawa happy! ^_^ That is a relief! There should have been another way somehow.

You say violence doesn't solve anything but yet you choose violence anyway, even if it is an obviously fake gesture towards an anime character? Way to be hypocritical.

I thought this arc ended well, albeit a tad bit abruptly. I'd rather Tomoya and Sunohara have beaten each other up instead of the girls intervening.

I'm totally looking forward Misae's arc.
Oct 27, 2008 7:42 PM

Apr 2007
PERFECT EPISODE
I almost cried several times.

逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 27, 2008 7:50 PM

Jul 2008
mei should of called out rape...

enough said for now. i'm tiered
1:18 et vivus et fui mortuus et ecce sum vivens in saecula saeculorum et habeo claves mortis et inferni
Oct 27, 2008 9:28 PM

Sep 2008
Finally! *Picks up all Nintendo Items* That episode was perfect no Flaws Tomoya Vs Sunohara was so intense. they fought after they got there asses kicked. I loved it so much I hope Eclipse gets the Next episode out there on time this week. Oh and those soccer guys are assholes Damn it. they made Mei cry Damn it She is not my sister and I would have just should up to kick there asses.

Oh and who is Misae Sagara?
Oct 27, 2008 10:12 PM

Mar 2008
that was the manliest moment we'll ever get from clannad, really. i didnt care for sunohara particularly because he seemed like such a one track character, but now i like him decently enough. and then there was the scene at the end with sanae and akio, and i laughed my ass off. great episode
Oct 27, 2008 10:38 PM

Sep 2007
Mario1-7 said:

Oh and who is Misae Sagara?

She's the person in charge of the dorms that Sunohara lives in.
Oct 28, 2008 12:35 AM

Jan 2007
I was very impressed with this episode. while i wasn't too big on the whole soccer thing, it did lead up to an amazing scene between Tomoya and Sunohara. I hear even 2ch praised it well for sticking to the VN.

And yay for a Misae side story. We don't get enough of her <3
Oct 28, 2008 12:51 AM

Jul 2008
The best part was when Sunohara kicked the captain, he straight fucked him up. I liked the fight between Tomoya and Sunohara, it was very emotional, I just can't help the fact that fight was very depended on lies. Well, Sunohara and Okazaki got their ass beat and that's one of the better ways to learn a self lesson.
Oct 28, 2008 12:51 AM

Jan 2008
Intense episode. I was seriously wanting to punch those ass hole soccer team guys through my computer screen but fortunately sunohara beat me to it and saved me some money. sad that mei is gone again. going good so far, i really wish they would focus some more on the purple haired trio though.
Oct 28, 2008 12:56 AM
Feb 2008
Wow. This is my favorite episode of the series so far; everything about it was extremely well done. 5/5
Oct 28, 2008 1:18 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, great episode.
Oct 28, 2008 3:23 AM

Aug 2007
...I'm not overly impressed with the way the episode played out. The entire premise of the arc is basically the cast making things worse, and how much of a glaring idiot Sunohara really is. Guess they will continue to show the side-arcs of After Story, meh hopefully Misae's arc is better than this one. Just didn't feel the tension building up in this arc, had an overall mood of 'meh' as I watched the episode.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

724 by Miyagi-Hana »»
Mar 9, 3:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.