Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 13, 2012 3:13 AM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode and one of my favorite chapters. Glad to see some development and background of Kiri's past. It sucks that his friend had to be bullied not only by students, but a teacher as well. I could have sworn in the manga Bossun was spying on Himeko and Kiri talking on the bench, and got jealous... maybe someone can correct if it was in this chapter or another.

The teacher was a major asshole and pissed me off when he made Himeko CRY!!!, and finally when Bossun looks the coolest by punching the teacher... he gets suspended! LMFAO POOR BOSSUN!! Never catches a break. But at least gain some points on Himeko for defending her.

Hopefully in the future we get some development on Usami.

5/5
Mr_DaftPunkSep 13, 2012 4:17 AM

Sep 13, 2012 3:18 AM

May 2009
Looks like they mixed 4 chapters in one episode - 157 and 176-178
Well at least animation looks good this time
Sep 13, 2012 3:48 AM

May 2011
Oh Bossun, one moment he does heroic, the next he got suspension.

But really, that teacher needs to be Fuck up!
Sep 13, 2012 4:08 AM

Jan 2011
Oh my god, now this was better than I thought it would be. Solitude is one of my favourite 'serious arcs' besides the Sket-Dan's character backstories.

Katou Kiri is one awesome character and his past quite similar to Himeko. It was great to see Himeko and Katou interact with each other like that. Kihara is one messed up teacher, a fucked up sadist for sure. Seeing Kihara teasing and bullying Himeko physically and verbally was such a cowardly thing to do. Putting me down and making them all pissed and even making Himeko cry. Katou getting pissed makes him so badass though.

That 'youtube' stream was pretty awesome. I was like 'oh crap Switch won't be able to talk for a while' though. xD Man Katou really feels responsible for his friend for getting bullied helplessly and even transferred schools because of at that. Chuuma calling Bossun 'onii-chan' was pretty funny. Tsubaki and Bossun don't get along well but when it's to save a friend, they work together so well.

Tsubaki really shined this episode. His personality is beyond 'good'. Katou using a kunai and everyone thought he had stabbed him with everyone sighing in harmony. xD Kihara spouting all that crap and accusing Katou and Himeko of all those things was too much. Seeing Katou and Tsubaki's intimidating eyes were awesome but the best part of this episode was Bossun punching Kihara in the face. Holy shit that was freaking awesome but I loved what followed afterwards:

*realises he had punched a teacher*
Bossun: "Ah!" *oh shit face*
*ding* "Suspended for 2 weeks"
LMFAOOOOOOOOO!

Katou acting so loyal towards Tsubaki at the end was hilarious. Gotta love Katou.
Also this episode was animated so well, love how the Solitude arc got a great adaptation. <3
Favourite scenes lmao:
LucarioDudeSep 13, 2012 4:14 AM
Sep 13, 2012 5:30 AM

Jan 2011
Lol suspended 2 weeks for kidnapping and punching a teacher xD
Sep 13, 2012 5:31 AM
May 2012
Compared to the last episode this episode was on a league of its own.I really like the part when bossun screwed up trying to play the hero!
I am still wondering when will the valentine episode will come also the tokyo u exam crisis episode!!!!
Sep 13, 2012 5:34 AM

Sep 2010
I applauded when Bossun punched that asshole of a teacher.

This episode made me tear up a bit. T_T

I heard Gintama was taking Sket Dance's timeslot next month I don't know if this will spell an end or they will move Sket Dance to a different slot.

5/5
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 13, 2012 5:42 AM

May 2008
I almost teared seeing Himeko cry :(. Bossun's last face was hilarious as heck XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 13, 2012 5:44 AM

Mar 2011
Glad that last week failure didn't continue
Nice to see katou background, It makes me more sympathetic toward him
And I hope Sket Dance will not end or at least move to another timselot
Sep 13, 2012 5:59 AM

Dec 2011
(Finally, animation was normal)
One of my favourite episodes. Bossun's face after he punched that teacher. :D
I hope Sket Dance will get another timeslot because I really don't want it to end.
Sep 13, 2012 6:31 AM

Jul 2010
Finally, some Popmanliness. I thought he'd be written off as a wuss forever. I know he's intelligent, but still...

Roloko said:

I heard Gintama was taking Sket Dance's timeslot next month I don't know if this will spell an end or they will move Sket Dance to a different slot.

Sket Dance is running out of stock. I have no idea if they're getting good ratings in Japan (they probably are since they made it this far), but I actually prefer them having a hiatus or something because they're really catching up. And this ep's 4 chaps, mind you.

I'm kinda disappointed that they omitted the Bossun part from chapter 157. Yeah, they should've made this a 2-parter. It's good as an episode, but I read the manga, so...
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Sep 13, 2012 6:33 AM

Sep 2008
Mr_DaftPunk said:
I could have sworn in the manga Bossun was spying on Himeko and Kiri talking on the bench, and got jealous... maybe someone can correct if it was in this chapter or another.

They cut this scene!
WHY! WHY!
I waiting for this moment!
Why they cut it!
Sep 13, 2012 6:49 AM

Jun 2011
LittleStar said:
Mr_DaftPunk said:
I could have sworn in the manga Bossun was spying on Himeko and Kiri talking on the bench, and got jealous... maybe someone can correct if it was in this chapter or another.

They cut this scene!
WHY! WHY!
Why they cut it!

maybe they have something planned where thy would reveal it later on because i would like to see that it happened. i kinda found it weird as to why they would start the view from the bushes.
All character stories in Sket Dance is great and this was no exception either.
Sep 13, 2012 6:57 AM

May 2011
They brought the quality back! thank god for that :D Great episode, sket dance's serious chapters are always my favourites

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 13, 2012 7:03 AM

Mar 2012
Bossun was the HERO of the the
and he looked so cute covered in confetti ^,^ Tsubaki was epic, though
So Tsubaki looks really a lot like his brother for saying the same things as he said to himeko, but Bossun also has concentration mode which I think is more awesome
Kutsuwa is truly the worst teacher ever! Which teacher is pulling the heafd of their students and scolds them for being weak
I was really feeling sorry for Himeko and that teacher is stupid for complaining about Bossun awesome Popman hat

YESSSSS!!!! Next ep crossdressing!!!!!!!!!!
xxanimeeeSep 13, 2012 12:57 PM
Sep 13, 2012 7:05 AM
Sep 2010
the end killed me XD
and bossun's faces are the best
Sep 13, 2012 8:05 AM

Feb 2008
Bossun's face expression is priceless haha :)

That teacher sure piss me off, a teacher aren't supposted to bullie the student.

Himeko crying make me also want to punch him but I can't do it it just an anime :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 13, 2012 8:23 AM
Oct 2011
I thought the episode was too rushed. It would have developed so much better as a two-parter. Content-wise was still pretty cool.

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Sep 13, 2012 8:59 AM

Jul 2012
Bossun's punch kinda saved the episode, but still I didn't enjoy it that much, though it was better than the last week's episode.

This episode was so text book corny shounen anime episode that it made me embarrassed: the typical friends are important line, epic monolog over a fighting music, close-call knife and so. This definitely should have been a two parter, there simply was too much drama and emotion for one episode and it felt rushed and forced.
Sep 13, 2012 11:29 AM

May 2011
ijen said:
I am still wondering when will the valentine episode will come also the tokyo u exam crisis episode!!!!
Judging by the chapter order it shouldn't be that far along, however the anime tends to go out of order.

Sep 13, 2012 11:48 AM
Jan 2011

Nice to see Bossun to get rough once in a while.
Sep 13, 2012 12:40 PM

Aug 2011
how the frick did kutsuwa become a teacher? he's such an asshole. he totally deserved that punch in the face by bossun!
Sep 13, 2012 12:46 PM

Jun 2010
The drama's cliche, yeah, but can't help but love it. Bossun punching the teacher was the best moment indeed.
Sep 13, 2012 12:58 PM

May 2012
that last scened saved this show for me, i was about to drop it but that punch and sunspension cracked me up lol

Sep 13, 2012 12:59 PM

Feb 2010
Love this show.... <333 I hope it continues for another season, and gets a new time-slot.

Bossun was BALLER this episode and I loved the backstory of our resident "ninja" ;D
Sep 13, 2012 3:17 PM
Dec 2008
Loved this episode
Sep 13, 2012 4:18 PM

Aug 2011
LittleStar said:
Mr_DaftPunk said:

They cut this scene!
WHY! WHY!
Why they cut it!

I know right! BossunxHimeko ftw. :'D

Anyways, this episode was really moving. Katou is a really amazing character, I love how he got so angry for Himeko and his friend back in middle school, without even knowing or acknowledging but was their friends on the inside. Tsubaki was great, as usual in this episode.

And Bossun yelling "Tsubaki!" when he fell down the hill. Awww, aww, awwww, brothers, so cute. I totally understand how you feel, Himeko. Hyuu~ hyuu~~

Anyways, how dare that teacher make Himeko cry! >:< NO ONE APPROVES. He's such a piss off, thinking that he can actually work in that school from then onwards. I don't think that Bossun and Katou deserved getting suspended.

Although, Katou DID kidnap the teacher... Bossun only punched him XD.

Anyways, this was an amazing episode and made me really happy. The animation was good this time. Aaahhh, I never want SketDan to end.
Sep 13, 2012 4:40 PM

May 2010
Good shit finally some one hit him
Sep 13, 2012 5:13 PM

Jun 2010
That was some good stuff. I felt the passion when Bossun hit that teacher. (had a flashback to when Luffy punched a Celestial Dragon) Like the ending with the allegiance
Sep 13, 2012 5:43 PM

Jan 2011
would have liked this in 2 episodes felt like it was going fast but was still good bossun reaction after hitting the scumbag teacher was great lol
Sep 13, 2012 7:55 PM

Mar 2009
It was kinda boring for me.
Sep 13, 2012 9:07 PM

Dec 2011
They made this episode compressed... but it is still quite powerful.
Bossun punching the teacher... awesome!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2012 7:11 AM

Jun 2010
Best episode. Bossun's face at the end. XD

Sep 14, 2012 7:33 AM

Jul 2011
one of the best and epic episode that far. Kiri's past, Bossun's punch and the end was sooo fabulous :3
I like Kiri and Tsubaki most of all, so the last scene was so lovely.
and Tsubaki's face at the end, of course :33

講廢話,被撞到.
Sep 14, 2012 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
Right in the face. Nice One Bossun! 5/5 episode
Sep 14, 2012 3:24 PM

Oct 2010
This was an amazing episode. This is what I love about Sket Dance/Gintama. They are both pretty much like this, except each have their own way of awesome serious arcs!
Sep 16, 2012 10:11 AM

Feb 2010
Go Bossun!! xDD Loved that punch.
Glad to see more Kiri,cause he's quite bishie :D
Sep 17, 2012 9:44 AM

Mar 2009
now i kinda ship Himeko&Katou
Sep 18, 2012 9:34 PM

Jul 2010
I literally died right here, LMAO:
Sep 19, 2012 6:06 PM

Nov 2007
There were a few, "What, really?" moments in this episode, but all in all, I really enjoyed it. (It's funny how I more readily accept the truly bizarre, like Chuuma's pills and their effects, more than I accept things like kids being allowed to go out and find the kid who kidnapped a teacher and other such things.)

Gawd, that teacher was such a dick. How did he EVER get his teaching license? >_< Just because he's in good with someone with power? How is THAT person so blind as to not notice the sadist this guy is? Ngh. Belittling a student is bad enough and completely unacceptable. But to actually LAY HANDS on a student?

Katou... I'm up in the air still on whether I like his character or not. His design is cool, and the reactions his actions provoke out of people like Tsubaki are great, but he himself... Hopefully he tones it down a bit after this. ^^;

Bossun is finally awesome... for a moment. The little squeaky whimpering "Ah!" when he realized what he did... on camera no less! That pretty much made the episode. It was equaled only by Tsubaki's face when Katou was swearing allegiance to him. Though the confetti was cute, too... Hm.
Sep 30, 2012 10:24 PM

Mar 2009
Alright, I wasn't impressed with Kiri at all before, but this episode made me change my view on him. Also him swearing allegiance to Tsubaki...looking forward to hilarious situations that must arise from this! Bossun punching the teacher at the end and getting suspended was so funny xD
Dec 4, 2012 5:05 PM

Jul 2010
I liked this episode, that teacher was worse than scum but I'm glad Bossun punched him in the face, totally worth the suspension xD
Dec 10, 2013 12:36 PM
Oct 2012
Bossun! <3
Apr 19, 2014 10:30 AM

Oct 2009
Great episode but unfortunately this wasn't developed well, especially Kiri to whom we have no emotional attachment at all..That punch was awesome! Way to go Bossun :D!
Oct 31, 2014 12:26 PM

Aug 2013
Well.. for once... it feels so damn good to see Bossun deliver a punch like that !!
That guy was a real scum.. won't even call him a teacher. pfft.
Kiri turned out to be a good guy.. about time to throw that loner mood away lol.
Jan 26, 2015 8:26 PM

Aug 2007
Yes! Bossun finally punched someone! That teacher deserved it so I would say "totally worth it!"
Mar 19, 2015 5:15 PM

Apr 2014
HAHA I just knew bossun would be the one getting in trouble.

Damn, now that's the sket dance I know and love. This episode was great, definitely a good change from the past few. I liked Katou's backstory. In that way, he's similar to Tsubaki and Bossun :>
May 26, 2015 9:36 PM

Mar 2015
I cannot believe it, Katou is very similar to Himeko! o-o the past memories have the same, form the middle part it's so intense for what friend is being defined what Tsubaki and Bossun said. And the last part Katou and Bossun punches the teacher and saw on the camera *facepalm* suspened 2 weeks lol .___. very clever rules.
And thank goodness Katou will be having new friends together with the student council :)
Jun 11, 2015 5:57 PM

May 2012
Lol he does have some punch xD pretty funny ending and globally quite lovely! let's see what's next.
Mar 18, 2016 3:15 AM

Oct 2012
I'm surprised that Bossun can really punch someone unconscious xD
Two weeks suspension for one punch? Should have throw two or three more
Well at least he looked cool.. Kinda xD
"Signature removed"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SKET Dance Episode 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mr_DaftPunk - Sep 27, 2012

133 by DarkBossun »»
Feb 19, 12:30 PM

» Really underated

Ilhan391 - Jul 5, 2022

11 by Ridzaxster »»
Feb 2, 6:20 AM

» SKET Dance Season 3?

DGFlow - Apr 22, 2013

25 by Current_Aqua »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:32 AM

» Help: SKET Dance filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 25, 2023

1 by Zizike »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » SKET Dance Episode 41 Discussion

Andromeda - Jan 19, 2012

38 by Vindicater »»
Nov 18, 2023 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.