Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 23, 2013 9:52 PM

Apr 2008
Twas an excellent journey.
Jun 9, 2013 3:52 PM

Feb 2013
Bittersweet ending.

I thought that they stick together, especially when Jin said he found comrades for the first time, and Mugen didnt want to kill someone for the first time.

Excellent OST, beautiful animation, great characters but an inconclusive ending. I'll give it a 9.5 but I guess I'll round it up to a 10 since MAL doesn't feature a decimal in its ranking system.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 13, 2013 8:07 AM

Sep 2012
ok so i have huuuuuuuuuge crush on Mugen!!
amazing show!!
like most of you here i wish they stayed together
私の力はあなたの理解を超えています
Jun 18, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2012
that was absolutely fantastic! It has been a long time since i have been so strongly moved by piece of art such as this. This series left me utterly breathless by the finish and resulted in me spending the remainder of the day in a reflective state, repeating the entire anime over, and over again in my head. Wow, between the music and the atmosphere, to them themes that were tackled to the wonderful art and the story itself was just too much for me to handle in a single day. It was as if a lifetimes worth of work was put into this anime and I consumed it all within one day; It feels like it is too much to digest in a single sitting. I will remember this show as long as I live.
"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee
Jun 30, 2013 11:06 PM
Jun 2013
Dispite I Love the ending, and I voted 5 Stars, I swear for god that I was expecting Mugen and Jin to kill each other in their last breath, dying as they lived as samurais, following their belives in their swords, belives that joined them in the very beginning. I really thought they were going to die because of their battles, and that there would not be any better way to die for them than by each other katanas, those katanas worthy of their repective respect and of whom they have learned to admire during the travel.

This is my humble opinion. I was hoping to find someone that has thought the same.

PD: I am from Venezuela and I speak spanish, and my english is not so good, indeed I am learning it right now, so, please, please, if I have really huge error in my writing/spelling, I hope you could correct me. ^.^

PD2: I really would like if I could meet someone with more experience than me with anime and manga that could guide and recommend me good series as this one, because I am forever alone and have no friends... T.T Kidding... Ha ha. But sure I would appreciate sugestions. Thank you for reading me!

PD3: I loved so much this anime, that I find this website and create my account just because I felt that I needed to say my mind about it.

PD4: Fuck no, too many PDs...
carloxartJun 30, 2013 11:11 PM
Jul 3, 2013 9:48 AM

Apr 2012
I think that the series was fantastic and found it adorable how they realized how much tey care about each other in the end, but the ending didn't satisfy me that much. I was hoping for some kind of epilogue after the split up, like what they did with their lives or if they ever met up again. It felt like there were parts missing. Nonetheless, Samurai Champloo was a real sight for sore eyes and ears.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2013 10:57 PM

Jan 2013
carloxart said:
Dispite I Love the ending, and I voted 5 Stars, I swear for god that I was expecting Mugen and Jin to kill each other in their last breath, dying as they lived as samurais, following their belives in their swords, belives that joined them in the very beginning. I really thought they were going to die because of their battles, and that there would not be any better way to die for them than by each other katanas, those katanas worthy of their repective respect and of whom they have learned to admire during the travel.

This is my humble opinion. I was hoping to find someone that has thought the same.

PD: I am from Venezuela and I speak spanish, and my english is not so good, indeed I am learning it right now, so, please, please, if I have really huge error in my writing/spelling, I hope you could correct me. ^.^

PD2: I really would like if I could meet someone with more experience than me with anime and manga that could guide and recommend me good series as this one, because I am forever alone and have no friends... T.T Kidding... Ha ha. But sure I would appreciate sugestions. Thank you for reading me!

PD3: I loved so much this anime, that I find this website and create my account just because I felt that I needed to say my mind about it.

PD4: Fuck no, too many PDs...

I totally agree with you there, pal.
Those two not dying is what ruined the whole anime for me. It's an equilevant of "I can't choose"-ending for a harem anime :/
Jul 4, 2013 6:29 PM

Mar 2013
This was the best ending there could have been , if not a little too good to be true...
Also walking their seperate ways doesnt mean they are not friends anymore or they say goodbye forever.. Jin for example admitted that he sees them as friends..
Perfect ending for a good series (yes not all episodes were as interesting as the last 3 :3)
Jul 4, 2013 6:32 PM

Mar 2013

As the shogunate assassin said the time of the samurais is coming to an end.. Jin probably understood that by then.. Also mugen never followed the way of the samurai (his sword wasnt even a katana)
Jul 12, 2013 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
Loved the ending for what it was. It was fitting, in a way, for them to separate.

It really would have been interesting for Mugen and Jin to kill each other though, going out as true samurai.
The problem with the world is that it's always one drink behind.
Jul 17, 2013 6:47 PM

Aug 2011
My only problem with the ending is that I don't get how both Mugen and Jin managed to survive.

But overall, the ending and the entire series were pretty well.
Jul 18, 2013 12:26 AM

May 2011
So this is it. I enjoyed the show, especially the main trio who arguably are the soul of it. I had some good laughs, enjoyed the fights and liked the atmosphere overall. I made some good memories.

The ending was so like them lol, they're obviously going to end up back together, are they forgetting that they're on an island right now? They'll end up on the same boat for sure!

Samurai Champloo
Jul 29, 2013 12:31 AM
Dec 2011
Interesting series, do i regret watching it? no... the ost got abit annoying at times

Unfuckwittable said:
Loved the ending for what it was. It was fitting, in a way, for them to separate.

It really would have been interesting for Mugen and Jin to kill each other though, going out as true samurai.

Then Fuu could commit Hari Kari by eating too much :D
indeed28Jul 29, 2013 6:56 AM
Aug 9, 2013 9:18 PM
Mar 2012
10/10.

Would've been a solid good 8/10, but the soundtrack is so f*ckin memorable that it takes it over the top to a 10.

Just amazing atmospheric soundtrack, wow.
Sep 6, 2013 9:25 AM

Aug 2009
Loved the ending!!! :D but for i moment i thought Jin and Mugen would both die leaving Fuu alone. Good thing it didn't happen
Sep 22, 2013 5:07 AM

Jan 2013
This whole series has been a bit "eh" for me really, there's nothing very original about it (except the soundtrack), and it's the same with the ending. I don't get how they both survived and how that old guy survived after being stabbed? I would give this series a 7 based on pure enjoyment, as I did get bored watching a few eps. But yeah the ending could've been a lot better.
Sep 23, 2013 6:51 AM

Jun 2013
pistoleros said:
Loved the ending!!! :D but for i moment i thought Jin and Mugen would both die leaving Fuu alone. Good thing it didn't happen

Same here. I think it doesn't happen often to have that kind of happy end :D
Oct 16, 2013 8:52 AM

Jan 2013
Solid series 8/10
Ending was quite nice since i was expecting jin and mugen to die. Although i think it would've been kewl if they didnt go their separate ways and just stayed together. This show is pretty legit xD
Oct 21, 2013 1:54 PM

Aug 2012
Phew, I'm glad they all ended up alive.
Mugen, Jin, Fuu - see you space samurai good friends.

My favorite scene of the show is the Mugen's near-death experience from the 14 episode. And I loved the guys Mugen saw during these experiences, they were interesting... seems like the bastards will have to wait for him a little longer.
Nov 11, 2013 5:26 PM

Sep 2013
Samurai Champloo is an amazing series and it sure took me a long time to finish it too lol.Great animation, characters, soundtrack, plot and man I love the opening and ending themes 10/10.
Dec 27, 2013 4:27 PM

Jun 2013
Since they have all split up, I'm sure they will miss each other's companies and may even be killed or overpowered since they are on their own now ("there's always a bigger fish").

Mugen (who is a pirate, not a samurai), will end up being chased by the government all his life for sticking his nose in wrong places and killing people until the ninja girl Yatsuha finds him. He will also carry on learning how to read and write, maybe even tag some more! Jin will probably end up finding that Shino woman who he saved from prostitution and her husband.

Jin and Mugen will live happily ever after... NOT! Jin will keep getting attacked by samurai from his dojo, they will meet Inuyama - that strong assassin - at some point and fight. Mugen will get attacked by some supposedly famous samurai he previously attacked and shamed (this idea sure does repeat for Mugen doesn't it!).

Fuu will either settle down somewhere, find that ukiyo-e painter, or travel not far before being put in a whorehouse. She is kind of powerless on her own; every time she is captured, she's on her own. Also, I was really shocked with Fuu when she ran away from that government samurai guy and he knocked out the old guy. I thought the government guy had killed the old guy who tried to stop him from getting to Fuu, and Fuu had just abandoned him and ran away selfishly!

Or, the three will meet again soon after their 3rd split-up (they are unmei no hito-tachi).

This was an awesome and original series with the hip-hop theme, the fillers were funny, interesting characters but the only weak thing I think was the plot. Finding a samurai that smells like sunflowers? The 'big' reveal that it was Fuu's father was quite obvious and meeting him was disappointing, but it was the journey that was good.

Ending was 4/5. You can't really expect more from this kind of story, with the end of a journey there can only be settling down and stuff.
Jan 7, 2014 1:31 AM

Nov 2013
Somehow this anime didn't sit down well with me. Despite its obvious strong points like animation and an excellent soundtrack, the story feels unfinished; after it was done, I was like, yeah, must've been based on a manga, that's why the story is all over the place with all the fillers... oh wait, it isn't. As a direct consequence of this lack of a coherent story in all but 5-6 episodes, the characters are underdeveloped and lack any actual growth (couple of sentences in the end can't count as character development). Zombie episode was total wtf, baseball episode was fun, but totally unnecessary. Why was there a need to insert 2 filler episodes when the story just started picking up, and in the final stretch no less? Why is basically the entire anime filler, and then they tried to wrap up all loose ends in couple of episodes, inserting some characters out of nowhere and downplaying the whole "samurai that smells like sunflowers" story? Then again, if I remember correctly, Cowboy Bebop was exactly like that as well (which I didn't like that much either. I know, blasphemy!), with 90% of filler and the story magically resolving itself in the last 2 episodes. I don't know, I guess Watanabe-san just doesn't sit well with me (I like Sakamichi no Apollon though, but that was a manga first, not his original work).

Final verdict: 8/10, just because of the awesome soundtrack (I started listening to Nujabes because of this anime)
Jan 12, 2014 7:29 AM
Aug 2011
A fine ending to a fine anime. 9/10.

Except, because of seeing a youtube video titled "death of mugen", I thought I got spoiled and expected him to get killed. And I kinda was settled thinking it would be a suitable ending. Whatever.
AdramelechJan 12, 2014 9:12 AM
Jan 16, 2014 11:27 AM

Aug 2013
Its sad that it ends with them parting ways, but knowing them, you know that they will meet up again.
Jan 16, 2014 4:21 PM
Jan 2014
Just finished watching the series! Loved it!
They parted their ways in the end, but that doesn't mean it'd keep them from meeting each other again. It's all on our imagination. I thought that Jin and Mugen would die near the end. But that didn't end up happening.. kind of happy because of that.

A very nice experience overall, from the plot to the soundtrack! :)
Jan 17, 2014 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
jaylelouch said:
Just finished watching the series! Loved it!
They parted their ways in the end, but that doesn't mean it'd keep them from meeting each other again. It's all on our imagination. I thought that Jin and Mugen would die near the end. But that didn't end up happening.. kind of happy because of that.

A very nice experience overall, from the plot to the soundtrack! :)

Yeah, after all they've been through together, they weren't going to kill each other :)
Jan 31, 2014 8:17 PM

Apr 2013
I actually really thought the series would have a tragic ending, but it took me by surprise. I really enjoyed this series, 9/10.
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 2, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2010
This was a good series even though most of the events that were inserted seems a bit coincidental but still they have struggled and have a good resolution at the end, hope Mugen finds that kunoich theni settle down, same with Jin and that unagi woman.
"Deep."
Feb 9, 2014 5:47 AM

Nov 2013
I wonder if Mugen will ever see that whore again that was at the bordello that he never had the chance to fuck.

Mar 16, 2014 2:50 PM

Jul 2013
Jin with his hair down looked extremely badass :D

The ending was alright. Their journey finally came to an end and went their own separate ways. Felt like I was actually with them and when it ended it was quite saddening. Really awesome series.
ihusmal1234Mar 16, 2014 3:34 PM
Mar 21, 2014 1:39 PM
Jan 2014
I really loved the serie overall, but the ending semeed a little bit off...like if it misses somtething :/
I gave it a 9/10 had a lot of fun watching it :D
Mar 28, 2014 7:26 PM

Jun 2011
I agree with someone who said they were unmei no hitotachi (運命の人たち for those who want to look it up). Our three will meet up again at some point, they always do.

The ending was alright with me: Fuu got to say hello and goodbye to her Sunflower Samurai, there was nonstop fighting from the best ever Mugen and Jin, and I don't know... I just wasn't disappointed. It would have been more raw/real for Mugen and Jin to die. But overall SC was meant to be a go with the flow kind of anime, and now those two will have the chance to do that. They've learned new skills, found comradeship and it would be a shame if they'd just died with that. Instead we are shown that the trio--despite losing everything/not owning anything--can move forward, lead fulfilling lives.

For being a mesmerizing listen (dat OST!) and a sheer brilliant watch (with history, sword-crossing, color, and character design in tact) I give it a 10.
Apr 20, 2014 7:40 PM

Jan 2010
A good series with the probably the best OST around
i was hoping they would find some common quest at the end where they would have to continue traveling together
o well
Apr 27, 2014 3:00 AM

Jun 2013
to see them kill each other would've been less painfull than see them part ways!!

5/5
Jun 9, 2014 7:41 AM

Jun 2012
Hanus said:
i liked fights and ending, but for me they should be together

agree with ya
Jun 10, 2014 8:10 PM
Jun 2014
Loved it, though slightly ruined in that I knew it would have a happier ending than cowboy bebop. I was happy with everyone living at the end, though I think a more permanent injury would have made Mugen and Jin's immortality a bit more believable. I mean, at least Mugen's hand should be a bit too injured to be chowing down full speed after only a week. I jammed a toe a week ago and the dang thing still looks like a plum.

As for the ending, it seemed appropriate, though a few scenes showing them in future adventures would have made it perfect for me. Jin and Mugen finding their love interests. Fuu possibly on a ship setting out for somewhere far away. That or she somehow gets involved with her father's work. Her dad was the man most wanted dead by the shogunate. There's got to be something interesting behind that. Maybe I'll check out the manga and see if those scene's I'd have liked appear later.
Jun 11, 2014 2:46 PM

Feb 2014
In the crossroads scene I was really hoping we'd see Jin and Mugen running back from their paths to follow Fuu. I suppose the actual ending is a lot better though, but could at least shown some future scenes footage montage thingie in the end.

And how'd that old guy survive? Didn't Kagetoki slaughter him by the door right after killing the flower samurai? He seemed pretty unharmed while talking to Fuu afterwards. I don't see Kagetoki as a guy who'd fail so miserably at his executions.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Jun 14, 2014 11:34 PM
Feb 2013
This gotta be one of the all time best serie for me! I really liked it 10/10
Jul 13, 2014 1:46 AM
Jan 2014
Turin747 said:
I guess I'm in the minority in thinking there was a hinted romance between him and Fuu
I also thought this way specially when Jin talked to her when they thought Mugen was asleep, when Fuu asked Jin to go yet cried when he actually did, and when Jin asked Mugen to go and save Fuu. I might be getting it all backwards though. ;)

I'm glad that there are people who think of the hinted romance between those two. Totally agree with you.
Aug 9, 2014 1:42 AM

Jun 2012
Mugen survived how many bombs and Jin the "eye-for-an-eye suicide" technique =o

Well the animation in the combat scenes were among the best I've seen ever. I also liked the atmosphere - the reality of the situations was kind of depressing, and it wasn't everybody lives everybody is happy. I am disappointed there wasn't a serious main plot, because I was expecting one, but I enjoyed it a lot nonetheless. It's hard to believe this came from '04.

Great series, I had fun marathoning it, high rating from me but I'm not sure what exactly as of this moment, probably a 9/10.

Aug 9, 2014 4:17 PM

Dec 2013
Amazing and powerful sight, nothing will compare to Smaurai Champloo. Easily one of the best ever made.
Aug 14, 2014 11:43 AM

Nov 2013
I need the OST of this series. ASAP.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 28, 2014 1:54 AM

Aug 2014
I was surprised that Mugen & Jin were still alive, pains me that they all went their own separate ways though ;(
Sep 22, 2014 5:07 PM

Dec 2013
After this they should show some stuff from the future of the 3 of them together, maybe Jin married to Fuu (or Fuu to Mugen it seems she falled in love with him) and Jin went to find that prostitute he fell in love and Mugen with that ninja whore of the episode i dont remember (after all she said she would marry him) meeting in some random house. Or maybe the 3 going for some adventure. This made me sad, but still great series with a fitting ending. I tought this was getting a dramatic ending, glad it didnt.
ViriathusSep 22, 2014 5:33 PM
Sep 28, 2014 11:55 AM

Aug 2014
i thought they both were gonna die, but im happy they diidnt died 10/10
Oct 15, 2014 4:36 AM

Oct 2010
my feeling on this last episode and this whole anime, its good, nothing bad, nothing inherently great i could put my finger on but i like it, mugen might have helped as he was quite funny.
Oct 24, 2014 9:35 AM

Nov 2012
How did they survived? By this logic enemy should be alive too.
Shiki No Uta was gr8
Oct 30, 2014 8:43 AM

Aug 2014
Is it just me or the three of them resembles the character design in psycho-pass?
Mugen to kougami, jin to ginoza and fuu to tsunemori..

At first i really thought this anime was all about prostitution...lol...
But overall 8/10. Its a great adventure-action-comedy show.
hikikomori_guyOct 31, 2014 2:13 AM
Nov 24, 2014 12:13 PM

Nov 2014
It was good show with it's ups and passes. Even now I sometimes watch some old clips.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

113 by Jamk_ »»
Yesterday, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akral - Sep 16, 2007

195 by Jamk_ »»
Yesterday, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

167 by Natsu_20_ »»
Apr 26, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Jul 17, 2008

107 by Jamk_ »»
Apr 26, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - Nov 1, 2009

82 by Jamk_ »»
Apr 26, 7:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.