Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2012 6:58 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
is there something evil that's taking over her?...
i'm not sure what was she trying to do when she used her powers to create all those flower petals...she didn't know of her illness so i don't think she was planning to kill her...

anyway this episodes outfit was cute and the Djiin was beautiful....
the mirror looks like it's still there....but then what was that broken mirror? or did Saya restore it....
Jan 20, 2013 9:38 AM

Nov 2012
definitely my favourite outfit so far - it was so beautiful. also the transformation sequence was so elegant (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

i'm not quite sure if ichika was trying to kill the woman either, but it seemed like she summoned the djinn with the intention of torturing/harming her so i think the intention was probably there. i always assumed she was just trying to suffocate the woman with flowers but i'm not too sure.
Dec 9, 2014 5:34 PM

Feb 2014
Wow...suffocating someone with flowers. I don't even...what was her thought process???

Dat dream tho

I wonder what these "rules" that Sei and Kai speak of. I'm still thinking that they had to use the djinns' powers as well!

Um uh, also, why does Saya have a scythe? O_o is she gonna kill someone??? Sketchy lady is sketchy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2012
whoa, what the fuck. was she trying to kill the woman with flowers? it seems that she herself doesn't want it, and she is taken over by a djinn..
Oct 12, 2017 12:13 PM

Dec 2011
I also thought of suffocation. With that many flowers, the smell would be intense wouldn't it? Think of walking into a perfume store only a thousand times worse. Coughing, can't breathe, maybe eventual ruptured lungs and vomiting? I'd believe it. Manatsu stayed outside but believed in Ichika. I wonder what the test is for Manatsu to not go and snap her out of it. Is the endgame to kill her?? Like, killing off a piece of Ichika's conscious?

my tears
Jun 3, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
What the hell happened to this show? Wasn't this a slice of life with light drama elements? That was actually really creepy. Can't she just throw away the amulet thing or something?

Also I just noticed Ichika's name is written as "one summer", which is interesting because we've seen multiple times characters say this is "the last summer we can be together", "Ichika's last summer here", and such.
Sep 25, 2019 4:59 PM

Apr 2012
The dream sequence felt quite a bit like a scene from End of Evangelion.

The depersonalisation Ichika feels when using powers beyond the special sight triggers an interesting reflexion on acting out: her emotions are the source, but she can't acknowledge them once they transform the world. The preview furthers this by stating the body is the cause, and while no moral stance is taken, in a Japanese context it heavily implies (buddhist) detachment as a solution.

Yet for some reason transcendance is hindered by several mentions of irreversibleness, as if Ichika committed some (original) past sin. Narratively the unfolding of Ichika's fate kind of remind of ancient tragedies where the protagonist is just a puppet blindly walking its path, but the notion of choice is also uttered numerous time, and so like Ichika we're stuck in a double-bind and don't know what to believe anymore.
EratiKSep 25, 2019 5:14 PM
Jun 14, 2020 6:07 AM

Aug 2018
As if that fucking accessory worth something, lol.. I really start to not like Manatsu.. She's pushing Ichika this time to continue doing shit she needs.. Without really telling anything.. It seems that many people are just using Ichika at this point, really.. We don't know, for what, but if it'd be in Ichika's interests as well - they'd tell her.. It's probably hurting her, it's higher possibility of something like this, when everyone is so secretive..
Well.. That patient with amnesia is certainly emotional..
And Manatsu.. If you want to stop Ichika.. Why don't you not rush there the last moment, but right from the start talk everything through?.. And also not push her to use her powers more?. It doesn't make sense, what you do Manatsu, in the slightest..
Well.. At this point this anime is.. This anime is pretty much girl getting all messed up.. And manipulators playing in the background.. That's what I'm watching, I guess.. I don't know about this.. I don't really like how all background characters behave, Manatsu included.. Just doing jack shit nothing.. Ichika is fine in my books, this episode she was even possessed more than anything.. I hope that other characters will become bearable soon, or I'll maybe even think of dropping it.. Because everyone are just being shit.. Only exception is Ichika..
Oct 18, 2021 8:36 PM
Dec 2017
Being posseded to do dark shit liek that is pretty awful

Jan 7, 2022 11:03 AM
Mar 2019
I'm still curious what the purple haired friend knows. And Ichika's parents act weird as hell. Like Manatsu was a superior being or something. And why do they say it is Ichika's last summer there? Is she dying or what? My thoughts before were that Manatsu charmed the parents so they don't get suspicious of her but it seems they are involved somehow.

I just wish characters talk more instead of just ominously being there.

Saya is a grim reaper or what... waiting for Ichika to really start killing.. idk.

Also, it may be just me but the lady in the hospital reminded me of Sei with the hair and eye colour. Relation?

Sei was alone in his earliest childhood photos so it's likely they are not real twins, that Kai came through the mirror or so. Maybe Sei failed in doing something and by giving her the pendant he gave Ichika a chance to complete what he couldn't? They were going to bury it otherwise.
IrissyJan 7, 2022 11:06 AM
Mar 12, 2023 10:07 AM
Mar 2019
This is really about teenage romance and how to get it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 12 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 21, 2011

10 by bizor »»
Jun 20, 2023 9:40 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 9 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 20, 2011

16 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 1, 2023 12:14 AM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 7 Discussion

Shocked - Aug 27, 2011

10 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 5 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

12 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 6 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

12 by bushman66 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.