Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2012 4:37 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ichika's outfit this time was really cute unlike the others before.....
now i really want to know what's the story of Sai and Kai but Sai's voice is really annoying >.> ....
Jan 20, 2013 5:23 AM

Nov 2012
ichika's outfit was so cute (´ω`♡)
yeah i'm not a big fan of sei's voice either. he sounds like an absolute creeper.
ichika + manatsu are breaking my heart rn. i'd forgotten how engrossing this show is.
Dec 3, 2014 1:02 PM

Feb 2014
Hmm I wonder why the sketchy lady is putting others at harm just so Ichika can use the Djinn to save them...I guess the "test" needs to be finished regardless of the costs.

Not a bad episode, but I felt like it was kinda hard to follow. LIke, I don't know why they were all obsessed about Ichika being "serious", and why IChika was starting to become depressed.

However, one part of this show that I'm not fond so far of is the fact that the mahou shoujo elements don't really play much of a role. Sure, Ichika needs to use her powers to solve problems and stuff, but it only happens for the last 5 minutes of the episode. The rest of it is just SoL stuff (not that SoL is bad, but...I was hoping for more magical girl stuff!)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 7:22 AM

Nov 2012
so episode 3's djinn was the djinn of earth huh.
loved ichika's outfit this episode!
Nov 17, 2015 7:28 AM

Apr 2009
The djinn of water. I love her costume. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2017 10:21 AM

Dec 2011
I think I can understand why they kept bringing up Ichika's seriousness, and it being the focal point of this episode. I can relate it to being an introvert and people always mentioning how I'm so "quiet" / "why are you so quiet" / "you're so nice" or w/e. Ichika may not like that side of herself, where she can't have fun like the others because she overthinks the situation and plays the role of a "nice" person- someone who follows the rules and does what she's told. In one scene we actually see how she physically removes herself from her environment to escape and go back into her comfort zone (running to the cabin to continue cleaning).

If this series is about adolescence and Ichika growing up (it seems to be going this route), I think this episode was to highlight how Ichika is insecure of herself. Perhaps in the episodes to come she'll continue to realize things about herself (ep2 she learns she's able to lie effectively, ep3 she acknowledges she has a stable home [unlike Nao]) and accept them.
Jun 14, 2020 3:03 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Wonder, why it's painful for Ichika to be ridiculed in being serious and stuff.. Well, she is still very young, I guess.. She'll learn how to withstand such critic in time..
Why this adult woman sabotages some girls?.. Is she interested in gems being used?.. Why?..
But honestly, in this exact situation I wouldn't say that lie was a bad thing.. Usually it's just girl getting together with guy - it's their responsibility to do whatever they want to.. It's just in this exact anime situation some accident happened.. But in real life it wouldn't.. ;p In the end, though, wonder, how Ichika will solve these feelings of being unsure of being serious and about lying.. She can decide whatever she wants to do by herself..
Oct 18, 2021 8:32 PM
Dec 2017
Ichika's outfit in this episode sure was cute.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 12 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 21, 2011

10 by bizor »»
Jun 20, 2023 9:40 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 9 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 20, 2011

16 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 1, 2023 12:14 AM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 7 Discussion

Shocked - Aug 27, 2011

10 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 5 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

12 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 8 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

10 by bushman66 »»
Mar 12, 2023 10:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.