Forum Settings
Forums

Do you want to spend the rest of your life watching anime?

New
Do you want to spend the rest of your life watching anime?
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2012 11:33 AM

Jul 2012
Well I use anime to get myself otta reality and get happy and I bet I'll still be watching anime when I'm 18-19 , but after 24-25 maby I'll be into other stuff and drop anime BUT I HOPE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AND I CONTINUE TO WATCH ANIME FOREVA AND EVA !
Sep 3, 2012 1:30 PM

Aug 2012
If i find really interesting ones or if i get my own laptop either one. :P
Sep 3, 2012 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
haha no
Sep 3, 2012 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
I would really like to continue watching anime, yes. It has become a hobby of mine, and I don't want to stop just yet.
Of course I can't know what the future holds, but unless they stop making anime or I get bored I won't stop.
Sep 3, 2012 3:34 PM
Dec 2011
I am on and off, I can be addicted for months and just watch and watch and watch, but than I feel I watched everything I can and stop for awhile, or even a LONG LONG while, than I get back addicted, so it's already an on and off thing for me. I LOVE my anime so yes, for years to come i'll watch anime, but just less of it, I used to watch 50 episode animes within a few days now it takes me a lot longer, i'll just get slower and try find series with less episodes.

Also when real life hits I understand that comes first, and hey watching an anime is like turning on the tv and watching an episode of csi or law and order or another show. Just because it's labeled anime doesn't make it different it's an adult cartoon my opinion of course
Sep 3, 2012 3:37 PM

May 2009
I don't know. If I completely lose interest in it, I'll stop, otherwise, I'll keep watching when I find time to.
Sep 3, 2012 7:53 PM
Jun 2008
To be honest, I haven't watched any Anime other than One Piece in a long time now. I actually think I won't return to watching Anime again (other than One Piece). I'm just that indifferent about it. I think it's because there's a limit to how much of the same old shit I can digest. Nothing really blows my mind anymore and almost everything I come across is aggravatingly repetitive with the same old gestures, cliches and expressions. I won't spend the rest of my life watching Anime because I don't want to and don't have to. One Piece is the only show I'm invested in not because I'm a super fan boy, but because it's the only show that doesn't bore me today. I'm also nearing 30, so I feel like the way I see things just don't excite me anymore like they used to. That doesn't only go for Anime, but other things in life.
Sep 3, 2012 8:01 PM

Feb 2010
I said yes. The better question is whether I'll have time to do so in the future. I'm guessing less and less.
Sep 3, 2012 8:38 PM

Jun 2008
The answer is a resounding no.

The phrase rest of your life seem to imply watching anime would be a regularly thing (weekly or daily). When I entered university it had already became uncommon and rare. I might watch some from time to time but I can't imagine myself going at it as if it was a weekly thing.

Not even sure if I'll keep up with the community. MAL will close at some point and I just don't think I'll be moving to another to get some update of the current trends in the industry and whatnot.

The world also is just too big to be sticking with the same hobbies since when I was a kid.
Sep 4, 2012 12:34 AM

Nov 2009
Hmm...either Maybe or No.

Like some of the other (older) members mentioned, it really depends on what's interesting, as well as how much time they can allocate to watch said stuff. Ongoing trends in anime does seem to affect what I watch (school settings are becoming quite tiresome, but then again, I'm way out of the intended age bracket anyways). I've noticed that with each successive season, I've found relatively fewer and fewer series caught my interest. So there may be a point where I may lose interest entirely.

Or, if/when I have a kid, I could end up showing him/her age appropriate anime (and with me watching along) and add a new member to the anime fandom. :D
Sep 4, 2012 11:06 AM

Nov 2011
Why not?

I don't care if its animation or not, the stories are good. Its the same of watching films or series.

Sep 5, 2012 10:01 PM

Sep 2012
It will be a long time before I feel like I've safely caught up with the good animes of the past and present. That being said, I don't really see any reason for me to stop watching unless something happens in the industry that affects the quality of the medium in general. While it is packed with moe slice of life's now, I do hope the gems of the other genres continue to be produced. As long as that happens, I doubt I will ever drop the medium.
Sep 5, 2012 11:09 PM

Feb 2009
What about spending your eternity watching anime? Heaven would be filled with anime for me.. I mean my idea of heaven anyways.. Anime and hot chicks!
Sep 5, 2012 11:21 PM

Sep 2012
I'm sure I'll be watching anime as long as I can. It's a part of my childhood and young adulthood. It's always been a sort of gateway from reality for me. My mom says it's a phase and I'll grow out of it but I don't really believe it. Hobbies like that don't go away overnight. Heck, it even runs in the family! Haha. My uncle is in his forties and still watches anime, and even got his son into it as well.

There may come a time I won't be into it AS much since I will have college, work, and adult life to deal with, but I think it will always be there.
"And now for something completely different!"

"Life's all about figuring out how dumb you can be."
-Lupin III
Sep 5, 2012 11:36 PM

Mar 2012
Watching anime & reading manga are the things I enjoy the most, so I voted yes.
Sep 14, 2012 6:52 AM

Sep 2009
Of course! I'm a hardcore anime fan for life!~ It's my favorite hobby that has lead me to meeting a lot of people I can relate to on many levels. I can't imagine my life without this hobby ;___; Of course, I have other interests, too, so it's not like I'm an otaku. But anime will always be my most important hobby <333
Sep 14, 2012 7:03 AM
Jun 2012
i think the next question will be will there be enough anime for you to watch? (obviously i am referring to animes of your liking)
Sep 14, 2012 9:38 AM

Nov 2010
drinkbeer said:
i think the next question will be will there be enough anime for you to watch? (obviously i am referring to animes of your liking)
There is always rewatching, that's fun. And for all those people who don't think it's fun, I'm sure that there will be a memory machine that can wipe out your memories so you can watch your favorite anime over and over again keeping the feeling from the first time you watched it forever.
Sep 14, 2012 10:17 AM

Sep 2010
Umm yea, I can see myself watching all sorts of TV programs for long time. I am not afflicted by the animation age ghetto disease.

Sep 14, 2012 3:56 PM

Aug 2012
Sure, why not? as long as it keeps me entertained and there are interesting stories being constantly produced... I don't really see how it's different than any other medium for stories and entertainment.

As long as there's something interesting to me, then I'll watch it. No matter how old I may be or which artistic medium it uses.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 14, 2012 4:14 PM

Oct 2010
Voted yes. Same way I'll keep watching movies, gaming, and drinking coffee. If it's satisfactory then that's that, nothing more to it.
Sep 14, 2012 10:31 PM

May 2011
I want to spend the rest of my life watching anime. I know that I will regret dying because I haven't completed all of my "plan to watch" anime.

ღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღ
Sep 14, 2012 10:49 PM
Jan 2012
I don't imagine I will. Anime doesn't air on tv here except movies or kid's anime like Pokemon, and I don't imagine myself, when I'm married with kids, going onto the Internet to watch anime. As much as it sounds like a great thing to do, I imagine there will be a point in my life where it'll stop.
Sep 14, 2012 11:34 PM
Nov 2011
If I'm done with most of the good ones out there, the classic ones or so they say, I'd try getting into the 'below average' ones and if they don't click, I'd probably drop the spent time on anime by some extent. I still won't drop, of course.
Sep 15, 2012 12:20 AM

Nov 2010
Yeah... It's just a hobby.
Sep 15, 2012 12:23 AM

Aug 2012
Giving up anime will be like giving up on my childhood. Its the only entertaiment that cheers me up.
Sep 15, 2012 4:50 AM
Jul 2018
maybe. its a hobby, i dont like movies or tv shows, so i guess i'll watch as long as the industryl exists
Sep 15, 2012 8:18 AM

Dec 2011
I don't see what's wrong with being a parent or a professional and watching anime.
My mum still watches cartoons and gets excited about comic books. So I don't think 'll stop.
I do think that the point about the availability of anime that I like is most important. But I think I have a long way to go before I get to that point though. :D
Sep 15, 2012 10:09 AM
Jan 2012
I want to watch anime forever but reality is cruel at some point I believe everyone will stop watching it with the exemption that you are working in an anime industry or something like that. You will be criticized by the norm. ore than that anime have been degrading character and story wise. it's mostly some old cliché that people always knew. Regardless, I'll watch it till I get bored.
Sep 15, 2012 10:16 AM

Dec 2011
As long as they keep making really good series then I'll keep watching. The pace at which I watch however will probably slow down quite a bit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2012 10:25 AM

Dec 2010
probably not the way i watch now.
and who knows, what i like now, might be different than what i like in the near future. so my answer is no...
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Sep 15, 2012 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
Well I haven't watched in a while due to not being able to find any good ones, but I don't plan on stopping completely.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/profile/DarkAlastor">

Sep 15, 2012 8:39 PM

Aug 2009
The question itself can be subjective as we will never know how it'll be in the next few years. Our taste may change or it may not. My parents were flower children who listened to the doors and hendrix in their teens. My dad still listens to them now and thinks greatly of them. If I had questioned him in his teens on whether he'd be listing to hippie music for all his life, his answer may have been yes the same way our answer to this thread is now.
Sep 16, 2012 10:36 AM

May 2012
Yes, and when I have kids I will show them anime too so hopefully my life will always have anime/manga involvement :3
Sep 16, 2012 3:58 PM

Dec 2011
It's either I spend the rest of my life watching anime or making my own. :P
Sep 16, 2012 4:34 PM
Aug 2012
I dont know if its just me but manga and anime has always been a cycle of on and off. Theres a specific period of time where im addicted then for a year or two I wont touch any anime or manga, then ill randomly come back to it. This cycle has occured like 3 times in the past 6 years to me.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 16, 2012 4:37 PM

Dec 2009
There are times in which I get lazy when it comes to catching up on episodes in an ongoing series and such - I think if I watch too much at once I get burned out. If I time everything nicely instead of watching say, twenty things at once (I don't know how people balance that), everything is good.

Honestly? I'm sure I'll still watch anime as the years go on, no doubt about it. Will my preferences change? Maybe. But that doesn't mean I'll stop. It's the equivalent of watching a better form of TV, I think.
Sep 16, 2012 7:53 PM

Sep 2012
I wouldnt mind honestly, i think about it as if i was just another person, except I dont collect cards or play fantasy football, i watch anime. :)
Sep 17, 2012 2:20 AM
May 2009
I will watch it till I die probably, been doing since I was born, will do it till I die. But I guess it will depend on any changes in the Law and if Japan Takes action against all us torrenters and fansub groups.
Sep 17, 2012 2:35 AM

Oct 2010
I probably won't have enough time in the future :|
Sep 17, 2012 2:44 AM

Aug 2012
Going to keep watching anime until the nerve gear and a clone of SAO is invented. Then there goes my real social life.
Sep 17, 2012 3:38 AM
Jun 2012
James2705 said:
Going to keep watching anime until the nerve gear and a clone of SAO is invented. Then there goes my real social life.

haha i am definitely looking forward to that invention.
Sep 17, 2012 6:16 AM

Jan 2010
i can watch anime forever..and it depends if either i have time for it or the anime is good
Oct 13, 2012 8:36 PM

Sep 2011
No because at some point I will have watched everything that's decent
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Oct 13, 2012 8:57 PM

Jul 2012
Idk, probably would, but it would depend on the people and circumstances around me as time goes on. I can imagine just not having enough time.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 13, 2012 8:59 PM

Apr 2012
My answer would be yes. This would be further strengthened if they made an AI KORA anime (I have been waiting since the manga ended D:)

Oct 13, 2012 9:07 PM

Mar 2012
PuppyFucker said:
No because at some point I will have watched everything that's decent

Based on the past few years, I've come to the conclusion that there are only about five-ten (ten being quite generous) non-obscure tv series worth watching per year. If you choose somewhat wisely (which I have not always done), getting to that point should not take very long.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 13, 2012 9:38 PM

Apr 2011
Well as long as I'm physically able, I'll still watch anime regardless of age
Oct 13, 2012 9:44 PM

Jun 2008
So if i watch anime until am an old man and die it's synonymous with spending my life watching anime? I don't know the title makes it sound like your life would have been about watching anime and nothing else.

Anyway, i don't see anyone saying i won't be watching TV or movies or sports until i die so why should anime be any different? It's just something you watch for pleasure in your free time.
I just can't see why you should stop it if you like it.
Oct 13, 2012 9:51 PM

Apr 2012
I don't see why not, age should not be a factor here!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
56 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
2 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

14 by billybub »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

54 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.