Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2012 5:07 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
After all that build up, talk of risks, and the strict rules and regulations of the Olympics, Nono gets in. As a man. As Nonomiya Yuuta. And we the audience don't get to see it.
Did the manga lose popularity so that Okamoto was forced to write a rushed conclusion?

Yoda told Nono that the athlete's gender would be thoroughly checked...can we assume he had a hand in Nono's qualification?
Before I thought Yuuta burning his body beyond recognition was unrealistic. The shape of the pelvic girdle would give away the real gender. But getting into the Olympics no problem? Really? (o_O)/
xxxATiONAug 27, 2012 5:12 PM
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Aug 27, 2012 11:16 PM

Sep 2011
True, the last chapter was rushed and yes the series was cancelled or something like that so she had to end it earlier.
Yeah, I'm sure they would check the athletes out and realize she wasn't a guy.
It was a better final chapter than I thought it might be though when I was told she flashed her boobs, but it was just a dream. If she was that well endowed though, there's no way she could get everyone to think she was a guy.
Aug 28, 2012 11:03 AM

Dec 2008
xxxATiON said:
Yoda told Nono that the athlete's gender would be thoroughly checked...can we assume he had a hand in Nono's qualification?

Gender check is done thoroughly only for women and for men it's mostly a formality. The real problem is a drug test (where she would have to pee in front of the judges) but that one would be done during the competition and not before it
Besides: "On April 6, 2011 the International Olympic Committee officially accepted women ski jumping into the official Olympic program for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia" so Nono would be able to participate and win as a woman with no problems at all (good for her, terminal to the manga plot).
inzaratha said:
If she was that well endowed though, there's no way she could get everyone to think she was a guy.

We saw her naked several times in the past so you should already know how big she was ;)

The chapter iyself was quite good but the fact that this is the last one is a sad thing indeed T_T
I would love to see a continuation of Nono story and it's a pity that Okamoto-sensei already moved to a next project scapping this one for good, even if Gokukoku no Brynhildr is not bad it still is long way behind the level of Nononono :(
At least my hopes for the perfect Nono x Kourogi end were not dispelled :)

BTW - it seems that the magazine version of this chapter was slightly different and included appearance of real Yuuta ->
http://hi.baidu.com/%D0%A1%B3%FE%D6%AE%BC%D2/album/item/768312332c9e85b5184cff6f.html?isnew=1#
New profile design sucks.
Aug 28, 2012 4:18 PM

Feb 2009
Mmmm having the real Yuuta appear probably would not have been received well,, especially with it being immediately changed to a dream afterwards.

I still don't understand why Nono didn't reveal her gender to Kourogi like 100 chapters ago.
Aug 29, 2012 2:55 AM

Dec 2008
futaro said:
I still don't understand why Nono didn't reveal her gender to Kourogi like 100 chapters ago.

Because Kourogi could kick her out after learning that her perfect boy has bigger assets than she does? XD
And it woul dhurt the story somewhat by taking out some of the drama, the funny situation that resulted from this and all these sweet moments when Nono almost returned Kourogi feelings (I still can't forgive Amatsu for interrupting those two in chapter 85, it was soooo close :( ;P
Aug 30, 2012 10:13 PM

Feb 2009
Nah, I'm sure this manga could have had another 20 chapters added to its existence if they had Nono and Kourogi become superbestfriend rivals in a love dodecahedron.
Sep 1, 2012 12:47 PM

Mar 2012
inzaratha said:
True, the last chapter was rushed and yes the series was cancelled or something like that so she had to end it earlier.

Lynn Okamoto's a guy. Found this out way back in Elfen Lied. I was quite surprised.

Karharot said:
xxxATiON said:

Gender check is done thoroughly only for women and for men it's mostly a formality. The real problem is a drug test (where she would have to pee in front of the judges) but that one would be done during the competition and not before it
Besides: "On April 6, 2011 the International Olympic Committee officially accepted women ski jumping into the official Olympic program for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia" so Nono would be able to participate and win as a woman with no problems at all (good for her, terminal to the manga plot).

Right, when I said "checked thoroughly" I meant the drug test. Thanks for your info!

Honestly I think Nono's focused mostly on ski jumping (and then being girly when possible). And she tends to go with the flow of things, which is what landed her in those Kourogi situations. Now, Amatsu's finally taken interest in a girl (despite the hives, fear, disgust, ect.) which is a big step for him. So, hey! Go Amatsu! lol

But relationships remain for the most part, the same. Which is fine since the main point of the manga was accomplished: Nono won the gold.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Sep 1, 2012 6:43 PM

May 2008
> Mmmm having the real Yuuta appear probably would not have been received well,, especially with it being immediately changed to a dream afterwards.
It's funny you say that...in the magazine raw, he does appear.

http://hi.baidu.com/%D0%A1%B3%FE%D6%AE%BC%D2/album/item/62dd7909d6de1e8239c76377.html?isnew=1#IMG=768312332c9e85b5184cff6f

From the translator: "Yuuta said that he doesn’t even feel the slightest bit of talent from Kishitani, and that if Yuuta were on the same level as Kishitani, he would probably go kill himself."
Sep 6, 2012 4:59 PM

Feb 2009
Katsuri said:
> Mmmm having the real Yuuta appear probably would not have been received well,, especially with it being immediately changed to a dream afterwards.
It's funny you say that...in the magazine raw, he does appear.

http://hi.baidu.com/%D0%A1%B3%FE%D6%AE%BC%D2/album/item/62dd7909d6de1e8239c76377.html?isnew=1#IMG=768312332c9e85b5184cff6f

From the translator: "Yuuta said that he doesn’t even feel the slightest bit of talent from Kishitani, and that if Yuuta were on the same level as Kishitani, he would probably go kill himself."

Actually my first comment was made BECAUSE I a previous poster linked the exact same images.

Anyways can we confirm that these pages actually were in the magazine raw? I guess that means Okamoto decided to remove those pages from the final volume version?
Sep 6, 2012 10:26 PM

May 2008
I believe they are. The ending was vastly changed for the volume, to seem less sucky.
Jan 6, 2013 11:24 PM

Apr 2011
Considering how much they built up for the ending, the ending was very lackluster. It didn't really conclude anything other than the fact that Nono got to the Olympics. I wish the mangaka could've played off of the awkward love polygon that occurred throughout the manga.

One of the better seinen gender benders that I've read. 7.5/10
PurpleYamJan 7, 2013 7:58 AM
Jan 28, 2013 3:26 PM

Feb 2012
Nooo... my Finland tournament was skipped. I was looking forward to laughing at all the errors, but meh... It was an okay manga, even though some of the developments are rather ridiculous and the ending is missing. I'm not sure if I would have been able to keep my interest for 10+ more volumes.
Jun 6, 2014 12:08 AM

Nov 2011
Bullshit ending. Imo, this is probably one of Lynn's weaker works..

Sigh, I hope Brynilder doesn't end up like this. The romance was dense too. Overall, 5/10. The mid section were probably some of the best parts of this manga but the final few parts collapsed on itself. And romance? This manga sure didn't make that part go right.
Oct 16, 2014 2:11 PM

Dec 2008
Stark700 said:
Bullshit ending. Imo, this is probably one of Lynn's weaker works..

Sigh, I hope Brynilder doesn't end up like this. The romance was dense too. Overall, 5/10. The mid section were probably some of the best parts of this manga but the final few parts collapsed on itself. And romance? This manga sure didn't make that part go right.

The genre of this manga is very different compared to Okamoto-sensei other works but it is not weaker than them. The quality only really dropped in the end when the author started bringing in some weird stuff like human sacrifices (not a sensible theme in sports manga), it was probably done in order to draw in some additional audience but all it did was discourage the ones that were already reading it. And then the author just axed it because the research for it was way harder, time consuming and expensive than the one required for EL and the recognition and money earned by it were lower...

That axed ending sucks and I understand why you don't like it (I don;t like it either) but N4 was a decent manga and I like it more than GnB. Though this may be just a mater of taste and as such there is no point in doscussing it :)

As for the romance it is handled very similarly here and in GnB and EL, its just that it was axed along with the rest of the story and was left unresolved :/
May 22, 2015 8:03 PM

Jun 2011
Definitely rushed ending. i was looking forward for more from Amatsu & Nono outside of japan.
also, the no teeth F***** (there was a hint he might come back again)
but i will assume he wasn't lucky to get his 2 years in jail & got longer one. good thing but he deserve much more than just jailing.

Loved the characters. Nono & Emperor comes on top of my list :D
seeing the last panel where they got the medals is heartwarming.
9/10 very enjoyable & unique.
Jul 28, 2016 9:23 AM

Jan 2013
I'm just gonna assume that Nono and Kishitani get together in the end after the Olympics. She'll finally go back to being a girl.
Jun 29, 2017 5:59 PM

Oct 2012
damn. pissed this was cancelled.
Apr 20, 2018 2:39 PM

Oct 2013
The finale seemed to be rushed so hard. I expected something more serious and complex, especially after all those words about checking gender at the Olympics, which were emphased as a fact and a barrier not to be passed by Nonomiya.

Did the manga lost popularity to the level that Mr Okamoto Lynn was forced to finish it in that kind of way? Don't get me wrong, this conclusion of Nono's story was okay. It was not perfect or bad, just fine and positive, however it felt as extremely rushed ending to this story, skipping (as we might wonder) many more adventures of Nono, Amatsu, Kishitani and Shiriya.

That kind of finale has its bright side as well. I was happy to see Nono standing with gold medal in her hand, which fullfilled her promise and made her dreams about skiing real. Sure, it was unreal, idealistic and naive, but come on - I think many of us wanted Nono to succeed in her dreams and goals. Too bad we did not see how was she doing on her road from qualifying to the Japanese Olympic team to the Olympics itself, but at least we were able to see everyone on the top of the podium. The finale could've been a lot worse, like Yuuta's true identity being unfolded or that Nono's dream being not a dream. So it was really fine if you think more about it.

Nevertheless, my final mark for "Nononono" is 9/10. I had so much fun reading it, the story was interesting and generally speaking this manga is indeed a great thing to read. I will gladly recommend it to my friends. :)
Dec 30, 2020 1:31 AM

Jan 2013
the ending for nononono felt more like neinneinneinnein! 1/10 wouldn't read again.
Apr 5, 2021 6:54 PM

Jan 2020
Ending was SO RUSHED very sadly but that nightmare though haha.

Sep 7, 2022 7:19 AM
Jun 2022
Don't know why but I genuinely liked this manga makes me feel nostalgic

More topics from this board

» Women's Ski Jumping is Now an Official Olympic Category

-Karoshi- - Feb 9, 2014

3 by ChimangoCBR »»
Nov 14, 2023 4:58 AM

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 20, 2022

0 by Ayako_Rose »»
Apr 20, 2022 10:45 AM

Poll: » Nononono Chapter 65 Discussion

asterixk - Aug 9, 2010

5 by OtterBoy1 »»
Jan 16, 2022 10:39 PM

» Gender Bender?

FateEntity - Feb 26, 2010

4 by ManWild »»
Apr 25, 2021 10:10 PM

» The amount of people doing sports in this manga.

Gastaf - Jan 15, 2011

1 by ManWild »»
Apr 25, 2021 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.