Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2007 9:47 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty funny ep. Abe x Mihashi are freakin' classic.
Sep 12, 2007 10:13 PM

Nov 2006
yes hahaha "I TOLD YOU TO STOP GLANCING OVER HERE"
lolol

and this was funny too
http://i5.tinypic.com/643k4zq.png
haruna ftw/ftl
Sep 12, 2007 10:25 PM

Jul 2007
Pretty funny episode, but wow does Mihashi scare easily or what,
tho his reactions are hilarious haha
TrieMay 1, 2012 9:45 PM
Sep 13, 2007 4:51 AM

Oct 2006
Er..? it's out? how the heck did I miss it o.O

Finally watched it. Pretty funny episode indeed. The background on Haruna and Takaya was cool too
KayrhandrosSep 15, 2007 8:01 AM
Dec 31, 2007 12:00 AM

Oct 2007
great episode. it also went by really quickly. mihashi's reactions are just hillarious. i love it.

i'm kinda glad we learned about the whole abe x haruna thing. finally some more character / past development for abe!!
May 18, 2009 5:54 AM

Jul 2008
Abe's reactions to Mihashi's reactions are priceless. Haruna does annoy me, maybe because he is the opposite of Goro from Major who is one of my favorites.
Dec 25, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2008
Haruna is a jackass, but his pitching is badass..

Too much of Mihashi faces, guy need to man up fast
Apr 8, 2010 5:13 PM

Feb 2008
I don't think anyone would make it as a pro pitcher with such shitty ball control, team spirit and social skills.
Apr 8, 2010 5:25 PM

Oct 2008
jacobpaige said:
I don't think anyone would make it as a pro pitcher with such shitty ball control, team spirit and social skills.

Which is EXACTLY why Haruna reminds me of some of my high school and college classmates, only more socially apathetic towards me and a bit less of an agressive smug-ass. A BIT less!
May 31, 2010 8:17 AM

Mar 2009
Haruna's certainly not meant to be likable, but after seeing ep 26 and rewatching this ep, it amazes me how much of a character he has from only appearing in three episodes out of a two-season series. Mihashi's comment that the guy's at the center of who Abe is was spot on.
As much of an apathetic jerkwad as he was to Abe in middle school, being around Abe helped him get out of that phase, and in high school he's reached a point where he can put his past behind him and look forward. As opposed to Mihashi and Abe, who still re-live their middle school fears every time they face each other.
I guess what I mean to say is that he's a very fitting antagonist. This series always does brilliantly portraying unique opponents. If Nishiura ever plays Musashino, with luck it'll be at a point when Abe is mentally prepared for it.

Unrelated, but the part where Abe talks about the kind of face Mihashi should make on the mound, and Mihashi's attempt, AND Sakaeguchi's reaction-so perfect. I will burst out laughing every damn time I see that.
Oct 17, 2010 11:28 AM

Sep 2008
Chibi Okazaki Tomoya is okay too.
I hate Haruna for leaving him hanging though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2011 4:52 AM

Nov 2007
Abe was such a cute kid.

Haruna seems like he was quite the jerk in middle school, but based off his friend's monologue, I guess he's improved quite a bit. He appears more relaxed and funloving now too.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 26, 2013 11:09 AM

Jul 2012
The last part was so cute :D
May 10, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2014
Abe's smile ♥
May 24, 2014 3:04 PM
Mar 2014
yakyuu-addict said:
Abe's reactions to Mihashi's reactions are priceless. Haruna does annoy me, maybe because he is the opposite of Goro from Major who is one of my favorites.

I totally agree. For some reason Haruna really pisses me off, and I can't help but compare him to Goro as well. Maybe baseball is different but the few people I know who are my age and went pro in different sports all worked their asses off would never do the things that Haruna does, like leaving the game after a set period.

Maybe asking Haruna to be like Goro is asking too much, but from my perspective if he keeps acting as he has been he won't be making it to the pros. It takes more than just talent to get to the top, and people like Haruna are a dime a dozen at the pro level. If he doesn't start acting like he want to win(which should be the most basic desire to wanting to go pro) then he'll never get anywhere no matter how strictly he watches his ball count.

It also pisses me off that he can treat his teammates like that and the coach just allows it. I mean no matter how good you are if you aren't going to do the best for your team then what is the point?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2014 7:39 PM

Apr 2014
Man, Haruna's a jerk but it's like he's self-centered enough to not even realize it. Calling Abe a jerk?? (Well, he is, but more now than before, ahaha). Must be why he went so hard on him after seeing him for the first time in years.

It's funny that I never realized Abe openly admits to admiring Haruna, still. Admires his talent and drive to reach the pros. Too, he endured the whiplash affection and dehumanizing that went on, just to catch for him. I guess it's his love (geek-out? obsession??) for baseball that made such a thing possible -- and the same thing that makes certain he never wants to play with him again.

Mihashi, as frustrating as he is, is exactly what Abe needs. Actually, it's because he's frustrating that he'll do so much good for Abe -- and in deliberate, clear-to-see steps. So take notes, nerd!

senerikfred said:
Haruna's certainly not meant to be likable, but after seeing ep 26 and rewatching this ep, it amazes me how much of a character he has from only appearing in three episodes out of a two-season series. Mihashi's comment that the guy's at the center of who Abe is was spot on.

As much of an apathetic jerkwad as he was to Abe in middle school, being around Abe helped him get out of that phase, and in high school he's reached a point where he can put his past behind him and look forward. As opposed to Mihashi and Abe, who still re-live their middle school fears every time they face each other.

I guess what I mean to say is that he's a very fitting antagonist. This series always does brilliantly portraying unique opponents. If Nishiura ever plays Musashino, with luck it'll be at a point when Abe is mentally prepared for it.

What a great analysis!
currycurryJul 1, 2014 7:43 PM
Mar 31, 2015 4:42 PM

Feb 2015
Haruna was such a jerk back then haha. Chibi!Abe was pretty adorable.

yakyuu-addict said:
Abe's reactions to Mihashi's reactions are priceless.
Apr 23, 2015 5:11 AM

Aug 2013
Sorry Haruna, you are cute too, but I believe that Abe has more chemistry with Mihashi than he has with you. =)
Sep 11, 2015 8:02 AM

Jul 2013
It was interesting getting to know more about Abe's past.I actually like how he stood his ground against Haruna despite him being his senior and an ass.Lol at that scene where (Sakaeguchi? I think his name was) asked Abe if he minded him gossiping about his past and everyone in the background were pretty much seen being guilty cause they had all been eave dropping XD.
Mihashi is too funny with his figeting and nervousness.He really needs to relax lol.I thought it was about time he started feeling more comfortable around Abe.

Amaya-dono said:

Haruna seems like he was quite the jerk in middle school, but based off his friend's monologue, I guess he's improved quite a bit. He appears more relaxed and funloving now too.
Yeah that does seem to be the case now especially when he was remembering how scary he used to be back with Abe lol.It's funny how Haruna seemed to have said such good things about Abe but completely forgot lol.
Incr3dibl3Sep 26, 2015 10:39 PM
Feb 13, 2019 3:45 PM

Feb 2013
What will the scouts think of Haruna if they see him quit a game like that, I can't see that being a good thing even if it's to protect his body.
Apr 15, 2019 9:28 PM

Mar 2017
tf Misashi crying again hahahahhaa
Smiling Takaya is <333

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Nov 19, 2019 5:23 PM

Sep 2018
Haruna is sadistic! he's too conscious, I understand that he's afraid of getting injured but not playing the match until the end is annoying for his teammates :(
erenmeiiNov 20, 2019 5:12 PM
Jul 19, 2021 6:55 PM

Dec 2020
aah we finally get abe's middle school story and how he was shaped to be the catcher he is, with the other teammates secretly eavesdropping on them lmao. the part where mihashi practiced smiling was so cute i love sakaeguchi so much

with haruna's reasoning, i can definitely understand it but he's still an ass. i like him tho
Apr 9, 2022 9:08 AM

Jun 2007
regarding the last part... i guess jogging with their mouths shut is out of the question for some japanese reason
Ulquiorra said:
What will the scouts think of Haruna if they see him quit a game like that, I can't see that being a good thing even if it's to protect his body.

my thoughts exactly lol
see you, space cowperson . . .
Sep 10, 2023 11:51 AM
Dec 2021
episode felt super long idk

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 6 Discussion

zq - Dec 11, 2007

19 by RGreatDanton »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 4 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 3 Discussion

Kayrhandros - May 25, 2007

30 by RGreatDanton »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 2 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - May 16, 2009

28 by RGreatDanton »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.