Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2012 10:15 AM
Jul 2012
A moment ago I just threw my ps3 controller(at my fluffy couch :) ) over a rage-induced white knight chronicles 2 wipe. I am now cooled down but in that moment I sure was letting off some steam for something so insignificant-I had my sister look at me funny and the whole house just seemed to fall silent...gosh I was so mad.

I feel gamers may be the angriest people on the planet. Have you ever had any gamer moments that threw you in a fit of rage? What ridiculous and regretful thing did you end up doing out of that anger impulse? Share ur blood pressure pumping tales!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 2012 10:27 AM

Mar 2011
I actually haven't done anything before.. All i do is get irritated or something, though my friend screams like a little girl if he dies in a game or something, so funny:) unless your on skype/ts with him with the volume high..
Aug 10, 2012 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
We all have our moments, in gaming or not.
Except that when we're playing, we're usually alone (at least I am) so we don't bother to hinder our anger, and unleash it on the nearest thing - in this case, the controller.
That's why my dualshock 3 no longer has the platic pieces between R1 and R2, and between L1 and L2 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 10, 2012 10:29 AM
Jul 2012
Lmfao xD nice Sergio...btw I added u on wkc2 I'm still on that heavy road to lvl80 gr 30
Aug 10, 2012 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
i slam my hand on my table, but that's about it.

Aug 10, 2012 11:56 AM

May 2009
Rage mostly comes from games like Mario Party.
Aug 10, 2012 12:04 PM
Jul 2012
I fought my brother over that game when I was like 11 ^ >.>
Aug 10, 2012 12:06 PM

May 2009
Me to..... :/
And because of alot of fighting games because of me doing the same move over and over again.
Aug 10, 2012 12:23 PM

Jun 2011
I don't get enraged over video games, not even to the point of swearing. If I did, I probably wouldn't play Touhou as much as I do...
Aug 10, 2012 12:32 PM
Jul 2012
Hmm, ever play IWBTG? That'll prob have you cursing and banging, etc.
Aug 10, 2012 12:36 PM
Mar 2012
I only get slightly enraged (meaning I curse) if I played that game for over 3 hours and suddenly die, in multiplayer/online I never rage, probably not competitive enough. Though it already is a rarity if I play a game for over 3 hours, my attention span isn't big enough to keep playing the same game.
Aug 10, 2012 12:37 PM
Dec 2007
Seems like you have a wee little bit of anger management issues. My dad was the one who always broke down my controllers. The most I ever destroyed was a Gameboy Color and that had nothng to do with a game itself but rather I got mad about something else (a fight with my brother I think) and ended up throwing the GBC on the couch where it proceeded to bounce and fall on the floor, breaking in pieces.

Aug 10, 2012 1:34 PM

Jul 2012
I usually hit something near me with my fist.
Aug 10, 2012 2:34 PM

Jul 2011
I have never gotten mad at a game, mainly because its a game. I just turn to my friend, he turns to me and we just give a suttle head nod to say "yeah...that kinda sucked..." then we beat up kittens but past that, no rage.

My friend has a little brother though and he rages at everything, he screams "hacks, hacks" then goes around screaming and cries. This would be acceptable if he was not a teenager o_o
Aug 10, 2012 2:43 PM

Jun 2012
I raged so much playing Demon Souls and Dark Souls. I would spend a good 2 hours reaching the boss fight just to fall of a cliff and be forced to do the whole thing over again. Though I have amazing self-control so I usually just swear in my mind but when there's no one around at the top of my lungs, "FUCCKKK THIS PIECE OF @#$%@$@#!?!!"
Aug 10, 2012 2:44 PM

Feb 2011
When I was younger I would slam the controller on the ground on a regular occasion. Now i tend to just laugh it off when I get mad during a game.
Aug 10, 2012 2:44 PM

Jan 2012
I used to smack my PC mouse on my desk, but then I got an expensive one.
Aug 10, 2012 2:45 PM

Apr 2011
I tend to ignore raging.
Aug 10, 2012 3:36 PM

Jun 2012
its kind of hard to rage for me
i sit emotionless in front of my computer whenever i play games
if i die/lose i have no reaction
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 10, 2012 3:47 PM

Jul 2011
Regicide said:

I think if your sitting emotionless in front of anything that's designed for fun you may be doing it wrong =P
Aug 10, 2012 3:50 PM

Jun 2011
Siion said:
Regicide said:

I think if your sitting emotionless in front of anything that's designed for fun you may be doing it wrong =P

You can still have fun without showing your emotions externally.
Aug 10, 2012 3:58 PM

May 2012
Destroyed 2 computermice so far (of which 1 wase a Razer :/)

Counter-strike 1.6 luckshots are annoying. Very annoying.
Feel free to recommend me good romance (BL is fine!) or slices-of-life anime I haven't seen yet!
Aug 10, 2012 4:30 PM

Dec 2010
WoW pvp.... not one of my brightest moments for sure, especially when I was younger and cared more about the game than I do now.

I use to always blame the other guy for crazy shit like cheating (when its impossible to do so), for using cheap tactics (when that was just part of how they played the game) or for blaming my teammates for there stupidity. Ya big rage kid back then. Not proud of it.
Aug 10, 2012 4:36 PM
Apr 2012
whenever i play a game i curse, a lot. am i raging or hostile? no. i'm focusing and obviously engaged. i do this when i work on artistic projects too. Lol, it's just part of the gaming experience.
Aug 10, 2012 4:40 PM

Jul 2012
I just swear at it, but I diiiid throw my ps2 controller while playing Nocturne.

....Okay and I tossed it while playing Catherine.
Aug 10, 2012 4:48 PM

Jul 2011
Narmy said:
Siion said:
Regicide said:

You mean you don't show all of your emotions through excessive arm waving and huge facial expressions? Weird.
Aug 10, 2012 4:52 PM

Jun 2012
Siion said:
Narmy said:
Siion said:
Regicide said:

You mean you don't show all of your emotions through excessive arm waving and huge facial expressions? Weird.

its actually pretty fun when you don't do that
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 10, 2012 4:53 PM

Jan 2012
My little bro has broken lots of controllers, keyboards, and even put couple of holes in the wall whenever he lose to me in any kind of games. Don't know what to do with him but smh...

His gaming skill is terrible though... and he knows it.
Aug 10, 2012 5:51 PM
Jul 2012
Regicide said:
that's ..... Kind of epic lol
Aug 10, 2012 5:53 PM
Jul 2012
Paraph said:
whenever i play a game i curse, a lot. am i raging or hostile? no. i'm focusing and obviously engaged. i do this when i work on artistic projects too. Lol, it's just part of the gaming experience.
amen, sir
Aug 10, 2012 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
last time i raged was when i tried playing call of duty world at war on veteran just to get the platinum, i hope you like GRENADES EVERY 5 FUCKING SECONDS. that was all the way back in 08 so thats reassuring to me in 2 ways, 1 that i dont rage anymore and can control my temper and 2, im so glad i learned to not play cod

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 10, 2012 6:22 PM

Nov 2011
I sometimes rage at games, but I don't damage anything. Usually the ALT+F4 keys on my keyboard usually end up getting pressed which instantly terminates the game haha.
Aug 10, 2012 6:33 PM

Dec 2009
I rage a lot in Dota 2. Sadly, I'm one of those people that make the community a bad place. I can be a dick at times, especially against noobs. I don't go off on new people much, or friends that suck though. Dota turns me into a complete dick.

Also TF2. My memories of playing that game is just one blob of continuous anger.
Aug 10, 2012 6:33 PM
Mar 2008
Hell, if I'd found out what makes me angrier (in your case games), I'd train myself to not get angry at them so it'd work out for other stuff too. Could be a good chance for you.
Aug 10, 2012 7:05 PM

Jun 2012
The whole point of gaming is to make the opponent rage.

If you lose and don't rage, winner have less credit. if you win and rejoice, you looks someone not used to win (and just a small smile is even more ragging). Being unfair is an art, you have to look fair, just to make it more ragging.

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Aug 10, 2012 7:09 PM

Sep 2011
LuckyStrike-Rx said:

If you lose and don't rage, winner have less credit.
So what we play games for the satisfaction of winning now instead of just having fun? I dont know about you guys but even when in losing if the game is good i still have fun, like i was getting my ass kicked in counter strike today.....still had a blast

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 10, 2012 7:12 PM

Aug 2010
I have a few friends that get really angry during games and have broken a few controllers, but I never really do that myself. I get a bit annoyed sometimes, but never to the extent of raging properly.
Eyes always lose their fire

Aug 10, 2012 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
LuckyStrike-Rx said:

If you lose and don't rage, winner have less credit.
So what we play games for the satisfaction of winning now instead of just having fun? I dont know about you guys but even when in losing if the game is good i still have fun, like i was getting my ass kicked in counter strike today.....still had a blast

Actually no, I always have more fun with same level opponent. Just saying ragging is part of the fun.

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Aug 10, 2012 7:17 PM

Jun 2011
LuckyStrike-Rx said:

If you lose and don't rage, winner have less credit. if you win and rejoice, you looks someone not used to win (and just a small smile is even more ragging). Being unfair is an art, you have to look fair, just to make it more ragging.

It must not be very satisfying to play against me then. I don't lose often, but I don't rage when I do.
Aug 10, 2012 7:21 PM

Nov 2011
The last time I got extremely pissed at something to do with gaming was when my PS2 memory card deleted. I just kind of stood there for 10 seconds letting the realization sink in, then I threw it against the wall. Guess I deserved it for getting one of those crap ass third party brands though.
Aug 10, 2012 7:24 PM

Jun 2009
h4x_the_zombie said:
I just swear at it, but I diiiid throw my ps2 controller while playing Nocturne.
That makes sense. I was a very angry gamer during nocturne, although I must admit I would never throw my controller. I would be afraid to break it.

I usually yell at the tv and accuse the game of cheating. However other then that, I can be pretty calm.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 10, 2012 7:26 PM

Oct 2011
I broke my laptop while playing Touhou. T.T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2012 8:23 PM

Aug 2011
Most of the time, I just mumble curse words at myself, and that's pretty much it. I don't consider that as raging.
Aug 10, 2012 10:54 PM

Apr 2010
People have to get their anger out one way or another. Most people fuck bitches and get money. Gamers are typically beta. Hence, controller genocide.
Aug 11, 2012 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
imakatana said:
Lmfao xD nice Sergio...btw I added u on wkc2 I'm still on that heavy road to lvl80 gr 30

I still play WKC1
Aug 11, 2012 2:00 AM

Mar 2010
getting haxed in pokemon online makes me rage >:(
Aug 11, 2012 3:35 AM

Nov 2009
I have a friend who demands to play me and another mate at RTS games all the time. If we agree and play him and win in any shape or form, we get dog's abuse. It's quite annoying just how much rage he fires out...

It's only a game after all.
Aug 11, 2012 5:30 AM

Jul 2011
Hi, I'm Verdale and I've been a member of Ragers Anonymous for several years. Over the course of my gaming career, I've broken three displays (2 monitors, 1 laptop), two mice, a keyboard and broke off the part of my desk which holds the keyboard.

Most of that was in my youth though, I don't really get as volatile anymore. Probably because I realized how much money I was wasting.
Aug 11, 2012 7:06 AM

Oct 2009
I just hit and throw things which i know wont break,$50 plus for a controller can get quite expensive.
Aug 11, 2012 10:36 AM

Jan 2011
Don't do it anymore, I just laugh on how hard a game is trying to mess me up.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
2 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

55 by BitChilly »»
2 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

524 by SnipeStrike »»
3 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
7 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.