Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 11, 2012 6:31 AM

Aug 2012
aiNkyy said:
The classic words "the old things are always better".

Bullshit!

The times change, everything change but the people will always have different tastes.

agree
Aug 11, 2012 7:23 AM
Mar 2012
It's all about the mangas, when you think about shows like naruto, one piece, dragonball, death note they are all adaptations of famous mangas from WSJ or WSM but mostly WSJ, and lately WSJ doesn't give much chances to these kind of mangas instead we have clichรฉ romcom and fanservice series prevailing, just some weeks ago nurarihyon no mago was cancelled even though it was selling good. What's my point? japanese teens' tastes changed, they want more moe and bewbs instead that's why there are so many harem series in the last years. I mean, even the definition of the word anime changed: "including explicitly sexual material", that wasn't the case long ago. So yeah, if they could separate sexual content from animes then we would see more animes like code geass for example
Aug 11, 2012 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
Shaduge said:
It's all about the mangas, when you think about shows like naruto, one piece, dragonball, death note they are all adaptations of famous mangas from WSJ or WSM but mostly WSJ, and lately WSJ doesn't give much chances to these kind of mangas instead we have clichรฉ romcom and fanservice series prevailing, just some weeks ago nurarihyon no mago was cancelled even though it was selling good. What's my point? japanese teens' tastes changed, they want more moe and bewbs instead that's why there are so many harem series in the last years. I mean, even the definition of the word anime changed: "including explicitly sexual material", that wasn't the case long ago. So yeah, if they could separate sexual content from animes then we would see more animes like code geass for example

The definition of anime hasn't changed. I have no idea where you got that bullshit of its "definition being changed" from.

Adding "sexual" content to a anime doesn't directly made it worse and/or bad either. I'd say there are still plenty of good manga's that can get anime adoptions(gunslinger girl, gantz, kodomo no jikan, lair game, its not my fault i'm not popular)

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 11, 2012 8:16 AM

Feb 2012
Yes it has. The last excellent year was 2007 and the last excellent anime aired at 2008. No great anime has been made ever since. Good and decent maybe, but nothing that got me really involved or excited.

Oh, and whoever is claiming those western modern FPS/action/rpg hybrids have great stories is embarassing western games. Go play something like Grim Fandango. That's a good story.
mecharobotAug 11, 2012 8:19 AM
Aug 11, 2012 8:31 AM

Nov 2009
Kazeshini said:
rarely anime these days entertain me, just flooded with the same shit, recycled. 1 or 2 per year puts a smile on my face.

I have hard time taking you seriously, with that avatar.
Aug 11, 2012 8:33 AM

Aug 2012
Nah.. but the trend of anime are changing.

I got pulled into this world by CCS, though I don't think there's any anime like it nowadays, there are few good new ones that can't be found back then.
Aug 11, 2012 9:02 AM

Mar 2011
There are still good anime, you just have to wait for it..
It's just that you get old day by day, and knowing you've been through all the "top" anime, you start viewing mediocre anime, and you say to yourself .. WTF xD
"Il est difficile d'attraper un chat noir dans une pièce sombre, surtout lorsqu'il n'y est pas."
Aug 11, 2012 9:19 AM

May 2011
There will always be great anime in every generation.

It's just that as time goes on, it becomes a "bit" more challenging to think up original content/presentation since a lot of it has been done. Though that doesn't mean that there won't be any.
Aug 11, 2012 9:44 AM

Oct 2011
Shaduge said:

Wait,cancelled?It just moved to another magazine for the final arc.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-28/nura-manga-to-run-for-3-chapters-in-jump-next
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 11, 2012 10:26 AM

May 2010
-Shuda- said:

It's just that as time goes on, it becomes a "bit" more challenging to think up original content/presentation since a lot of it has been done. Though that doesn't mean that there won't be any.

It isn't difficult for Japanese. Have you not watched anime? There are some outrageously original(ridiculous) plots out there. Gintama, Cat Planet Cuties, Fractale, FLCL, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, etc. They have no problem coming up with new stuff, it's just that they'd rather play it safe and sell out to the masses.

In the series, Bakuman...they invent like 5 series that have all never been done before. And they're all new and original. These mangaka's have original ideas and just decide not to use them.
LigaeaAug 11, 2012 10:30 AM
Aug 11, 2012 10:40 AM

Jul 2010
no, there's always something fun to watch every season; at least for me.

Aug 11, 2012 6:09 PM

May 2011
ClampLover said:
-Shuda- said:

It isn't difficult for Japanese. Have you not watched anime? There are some outrageously original(ridiculous) plots out there. Gintama, Cat Planet Cuties, Fractale, FLCL, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, etc. They have no problem coming up with new stuff, it's just that they'd rather play it safe and sell out to the masses.

Don't ask me a foolish question like "Have you not watched anime". What would I be doing here then?

As more things come out, as new ideas are invented, the future generation has more things to look out for (repetitiveness-wise). They can bring out a million original anime in a decade from now but a decade after that, there will be a million less original ideas. They can still bring out a million new ideas in that generation but then the next, next generation will have 2 million less original ideas. You follow? Sure there are still endless possibilities out there and in no way are we getting to a point where "there's nothing left", you just didn't read my post accurately.

Seriously.
Aug 11, 2012 9:42 PM

Jan 2008
Neane1993 said:
Thus far, this whole year is so far dead for me; not a single show beyond "watchable" status. This is by far the worst year in quality since 2000. The best ones so far were Space Brothers and Kids on the Slope and they are so freaking boring.

I think it's true. Having watched over 200 anime, I can say that Summer 2012, is without a doubt, the worst season in a whole decade. Only Sword Art really caught my attention. And even then it's not "amazing"
๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ. ๐˜ˆ ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ด. ๐˜๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ.
Aug 11, 2012 9:47 PM

Sep 2010
-Shuda- said:
ClampLover said:
-Shuda- said:

Don't ask me a foolish question like "Have you not watched anime". What would I be doing here then?

As more things come out, as new ideas are invented, the future generation has more things to look out for (repetitiveness-wise). They can bring out a million original anime in a decade from now but a decade after that, there will be a million less original ideas. They can still bring out a million new ideas in that generation but then the next, next generation will have 2 million less original ideas. You follow? Sure there are still endless possibilities out there and in no way are we getting to a point where "there's nothing left", you just didn't read my post accurately.

Seriously.

That would only be true if everything else in life remains stagnate; there were no new technological innovations, politics, trends, and the like. But as long as life keeps changing then future generations will continue to have new stories to tell. But there is the school of that what is old will be new again someday as some creators simply like to pay homage to older stories by re-telling them.

Aug 11, 2012 10:36 PM

Mar 2012
HauntingShock said:
Different people have different tastes. Some people will say something similar to that opinion, but like me, there are some who appreciates the anime of this era.

^Ditto
i like new anime
Aug 11, 2012 10:37 PM

Jun 2011
I do find something lacking in a lot of the current (2007-2012) anime but I have high hopes for this next season. We'll just have to wait and see if any new masterpieces comes out of it or not.
Aug 11, 2012 10:49 PM

Sep 2010
Midvalley said:
I do find something lacking in a lot of the current (2007-2012) anime but I have high hopes for this next season. We'll just have to wait and see if any new masterpieces comes out of it or not.

2007 - Nodame Cantabile
2008 - Time of Eve
2009 - Bakemonogatari
2010 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
2011 - Anohana
2012 - Nisemonogatari

Please tell me what these shows are lacking in comparison to pre-2007 stuff.
Maybe your hopes are too high or maybe your hopes are all misplaced.

Aug 11, 2012 10:54 PM

Mar 2012
Using Anohana over Steins;Gate, Madoka, etc. a travesty among travesties/ opinion. I do love Time of Eve though.
JoshAug 11, 2012 10:58 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 11, 2012 11:05 PM

Sep 2010
Post-Josh said:
Using Anohana over Steins;Gate, Madoka, etc. a travesty among travesties/ opinion. I do love Time of Eve though.

Is there any reason I should have used those over Anohana in my post?

Aug 11, 2012 11:15 PM

Mar 2012
Nope, if you think Anohana is worthy then you do. Just surprised.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 11, 2012 11:23 PM

Feb 2012
I think some here are just jaded. Anime is entertainment. Entertainment is made to escape from reality. If you're at the point where anime starts failing to entertain you and/or you end up starting to search for 'good' or 'masterpiece' anime, that's a good indication that you've had your fill. Step back, take a break for a few weeks/months, reload and try again.
Aug 12, 2012 5:18 AM

Nov 2011
Strayfe said:
Neane1993 said:
Thus far, this whole year is so far dead for me; not a single show beyond "watchable" status. This is by far the worst year in quality since 2000. The best ones so far were Space Brothers and Kids on the Slope and they are so freaking boring.

I think it's true. Having watched over 200 anime, I can say that Summer 2012, is without a doubt, the worst season in a whole decade. Only Sword Art really caught my attention. And even then it's not "amazing"

Looking at your list, you haven't even watched most anime series of this season.

You forgot to add them?

Aug 12, 2012 7:16 AM

Jul 2011
some of my favorite shows are from the last 5 years actually.

2007- Kaiji
2008-Mnemosyne
2009- Phantom, One Outs
2010- Angel Beats............................ haha jk. DtB Gaiden I guess
2011- Kaiji S2
2012- pretty sure it would be btooom
Aug 12, 2012 8:11 AM

Jun 2011
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:

2007 - Nodame Cantabile
2008 - Time of Eve
2009 - Bakemonogatari
2011 - Anohana
2012 - Nisemonogatari

You seem to forget that other people's opinions differ from your own. All of my favorites came from before 2007. Got any other interesting points to make?

I could list out my favorite shows per year starting in 1998 but that would be a waste, you know why? Because it is all opinion and I was simply stating mine in the previous post.
Aug 12, 2012 8:21 AM

Sep 2010
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:

2007 - Nodame Cantabile
2008 - Time of Eve
2009 - Bakemonogatari
2011 - Anohana
2012 - Nisemonogatari

You seem to forget that other people's opinions differ from your own. All of my favorites came from before 2007. Got any other interesting points to make?

I could list out my favorite shows per year starting in 1998 but that would be a waste, you know why? Because it is all opinion and I was simply stating mine in the previous post.

I just listed anime from those years based on the opinions of others(that they appear in the MAL Top 100), not my own.

I didn't suggest any of this should be on your favorites list. I asked what these shows were lacking in your humble opinion. It was a logic game to see if you could see the good in anime you personally don't like much or if though only anime that you liked could be meaningful for an era.

Aug 12, 2012 8:27 AM

Jun 2011
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:

2007 - Nodame Cantabile
2008 - Time of Eve
2009 - Bakemonogatari
2011 - Anohana
2012 - Nisemonogatari

I just listed anime from those years based on the opinions of others(that they appear in the MAL Top 100), not my own.

I didn't suggest any of this should be on your favorite. I asked what these shows were lacking in your humble opinion. It was a logic game to see if you could see the good in anime you personally don't like much.

Unfortunately, MAL ratings mean squat, especially to an older fan who has seen most of the tricks of the industry and has become somewhat jaded. As I said before, opinions are just that and do not necessarily reflect your own preferences. There are several shows in the 7s or low 8s here on MAL (Blue Gender, Ergo Proxy, Now and Then) that I would heartily recommend over some in the mid-8s+ (Higurashi, SAO, Gurren Lagann).

And logic games don't work unless the shows listed have been seen by everyone, which they haven't in this case. Just gotta look at my list.
Aug 12, 2012 8:46 AM

Sep 2010
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:

2007 - Nodame Cantabile
2008 - Time of Eve
2009 - Bakemonogatari
2011 - Anohana
2012 - Nisemonogatari

I didn't suggest any of this should be on your favorite. I asked what these shows were lacking in your humble opinion. It was a logic game to see if you could see the good in anime you personally don't like much.

Unfortunately, MAL ratings mean squat, especially to an older fan who has seen most of the tricks of the industry and has become somewhat jaded. As I said before, opinions are just that and do not necessarily reflect your own preferences. There are several shows in the 7s or low 8s here on MAL (Blue Gender, Ergo Proxy, Now and Then) that I would heartily recommend over some in the mid-8s+ (Higurashi, SAO, Gurren Lagann).

And logic games don't work unless the shows listed have been seen by everyone, which they haven't in this case. Just gotta look at my list.

Actually MAL ratings and my accounting of them disproves your line about me supposedly forgetting the people have opinions different than my own. Your reaction just re-illustrates that it's you who are having difficulty with handling the opinion of others in regards to anime being good despite you not actually liking it.

There are tons of factors that need to go into making recommendations. If someone is an elitist snob then I too would not recommend TTGL or Higurashi to them over Ergo Proxy or Blue Gender. However, if someone asks for or enjoys that type of stuff found in TTGL then I will recommend TTGL. I recommend shows based on the individuals likes and preferences, not just on a show's rating. Even though nothing I've said this far has implied otherwise.

Aug 12, 2012 9:16 AM

Jun 2011
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:

2007 - Nodame Cantabile
2008 - Time of Eve
2009 - Bakemonogatari
2011 - Anohana
2012 - Nisemonogatari

Actually MAL ratings and my accounting of them disproves your line about me supposedly forgetting the people have opinions different than my own. Your reaction just re-illustrates that it's you who are having difficulty with handling the opinion of others in regards to anime being good despite you not actually liking it.

I don't think the word "disproves" means what you think it means. You can't disprove opinion because it is not based on fact. The topic brought up whether or not an era of good anime has ended and, in my opinion, it has. I am not "having difficulty" with this conclusion nor am I saying anime is bad for others. I said it is not as good FOR ME as it once was.
Aug 12, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2010
Post-Josh said:
I'd laugh if he just doesn't update his list and the people saying "you've only seen ___" look like idiots. I mean it wouldn't be shocking, he is an "anime freak" who's had a MAL account for a little over two years.

don't think he would rate naruto at 10 in that case...

and there are people who hate death note (and you forgot the hype madoka brought)

so not sure if realy serious or just trying to prove a personal point.
Aug 12, 2012 9:30 AM

Sep 2010
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:

2007 - Nodame Cantabile
2008 - Time of Eve
2009 - Bakemonogatari
2011 - Anohana
2012 - Nisemonogatari

I don't think the word "disproves" means what you think it means. You can't disprove opinion because it is not based on fact. The topic brought up whether or not an era of good anime has ended and, in my opinion, it has. I am not "having difficulty" with this conclusion nor am I saying anime is bad for others. I said it is not as good FOR ME as it once was.

I disproved the statement you made about me forgetting that other people have different opinions because the list I used was based on the opinions of others via the anime's ranking on MAL.

So long as there are people that like the anime of any given era that era's anime is still good. Perhaps what you and the OP really mean is that there isn't any or many anime made that you personally like. So how about stopping over-stating your cases by claiming a good era has ended just because your personal tastes are not being satisfied?

Aug 12, 2012 9:46 AM

Apr 2008
Trying to take this trolling seriously, I can answer: no, it's not. In my country, there are a lot of people telling that everything animated after the fall of Berlin Wall is crap. They are wrong.

After 2002 digital animation opened a whole new frontier in animation. Authors like Makoto Shinkai emerges. You cite Bleach as example of a good series. Seriously? Have you ever watched Hanasaku Iroha, 2011? Look at the art, the background, the characters, enjoy that slice of life and tell me if Bleach with its 300+ episodes is better. 13-26 episodes are enough for many stories, never watched an anime with 100+ episodes without some serious mess in the plot or boring as hell episodes that many likes so much.

Baudelaire once said that something like: long stories are the means for idiots that cannot write shorter stories. So if you want to troll better it's not about old or new, it's about short and long.
Aug 12, 2012 9:51 AM

Aug 2012
I think people bitching around the quality of anime the last couple of years is ridiculous.
There's good and bad stuff every year. Whether you like 'moe' or not, there's other things as well. We've just had Code Geass for fucks sake. Sword glop Online is big. Jojo will be good. What are you people asking for? There's no industry in the world where you'll like EVERYTHING and everything will be a high level of quality. What are you asking for?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2012 9:52 AM

Jun 2011
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:

2007 - Nodame Cantabile
2008 - Time of Eve
2009 - Bakemonogatari
2011 - Anohana
2012 - Nisemonogatari

I disproved the statement you made about me forgetting that other people have different opinions because the list I used was based on the opinions of others via the anime's ranking on MAL.

So long as there are people that like the anime of any given era that era's anime is still good. Perhaps what you and the OP really mean is that there isn't any or many anime made that you personally like. So how about stopping over-stating your cases by claiming a good era has ended just because your personal tastes are not being satisfied?

I grow tired of your useless arguments and superiority complex on these forums and I have only been on this website for a year. I have a simple question for you: Have you ever admitted error?

My personal anime tastes are satisfied to an extent, just not to the same extent they used to be. This is an anime forum where people discuss their opinions and thoughts on anime. My original statement was very simple yet you chose to berate it and make it into a big deal. I even said that I had high hopes for this new season. So, what is the problem? Oh, right, my opinion is different from yours. I will continue to speak my opinion and it will probably conflict with yours. Also, buy a dictionary because, again, "over-stating" is not hyphenated nor are we discussing a controversy, so you continue to use incorrect words in your haphazard argument.
MidvalleyAug 12, 2012 9:56 AM
Aug 12, 2012 9:54 AM

Sep 2010
Baudelaire once said that something like: long stories are the means for idiots that cannot write shorter stories. So if you want to troll better it's not about old or new, it's about short and long.

That's great for poem but doesn't say much for novels and writers that want to write a story rather than a quip.

I grow tired of your useless arguments and superiority complex on these forums and I have only been on this website for a year. I have a simple question for you: Have you ever admitted error?

I am arguing the topic: Did a good era of anime end? Yay or Nay. If my argument is useless then topic itself is also useless.

My personal anime tastes are satisfied to an extent, just not to the same extent they used to be. This is an anime forum where people discuss their opinions and thoughts on anime. My original statement was very simple yet you chose to berate it and make it into a big deal. I even said that I had high hopes for this new season. So, what is the problem? Oh, right, my opinion is different from yours. I will continue to speak my opinion and it will probably conflict with yours. Also, buy a dictionary because, again, "over-stating" is not hyphenated nor are we discussing a controversy, so you continue to use incorrect words in your haphazard argument

I asked you to explain what the anime I listed were lacking in comparison to pre-2007 anime. That is not berating.

I've read the topic and the OP isn't calling for personal likes or dislikes. He's basing this topic on his inability to find fan-generated works for current anime. Don't bring this back to the OP because you are well the topic at hand. The answer to the OPs dilemma is that he should watch more anime so that he will know what terms and names to search for when browsing YT, Deviant Art, or w/e fan-crap site he visits.

"Over-stated" isn't hyphenated? Thanks. I hear grammar corrections in the midst of a discussion is the logical way to prove one's point and superiority.

Dictionary:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/over-state
Anime_NameAug 12, 2012 10:17 AM

Aug 12, 2012 9:55 AM

Aug 2012
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:
Anime_Name said:
Midvalley said:

2007 - Nodame Cantabile
2008 - Time of Eve
2009 - Bakemonogatari
2011 - Anohana
2012 - Nisemonogatari

My personal anime tastes are satisfied to an extent, just not to the same extent they used to be. This is an anime forum where people discuss their opinions and thoughts on anime. My original statement was very simple yet you chose to berate it and make it into a big deal. I even said that I had high hopes for this new season. So, what is the problem? Oh, right, my opinion is different from yours.

You say all that yet your avatar is from Paranoia Agent which is recent.
If you haven't liked anything that much from 2007 onwards you're a bit strange, because that's 5 years and there's been a LOT of good stuff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2012 9:57 AM

Jun 2011
@boating92:

Read my original post and then reflect on your reading comprehension.
Aug 12, 2012 10:03 AM

Apr 2008
Chill out everybody.

Just go to Anime and Manga Recommendations, take a look around and try to ask for a series that satisfy your tastes. You'll discover many new series that will surprise you. People there are happy to help to extend your anime horizons. ^_^
Aug 12, 2012 10:06 AM

Jun 2011
Wow...

Yep, I'm done here. Buh-bye.
Aug 12, 2012 10:32 AM

Feb 2012
Midvalley said:
Wow...

Yep, I'm done here. Buh-bye.
If you can't handle debating/arguing on a forum, don't start one or don't post at all if you can't finish it. Heck, if you're at the point where you get so annoyed just don't reply back. Or better yet, just post your thoughts and leave the thread, only to return as a spectator.

All you're doing making a post like that is feeding your opponents egos.

Debating 101.
Aug 13, 2012 3:56 PM

Feb 2011
I can't understand why people say the quality of abime is low:

Fate zero
Usagi drop
Sakamichi no apollon
Ano hana
Madoka
Steins gate
Kaiji
Bakemonogatari
Mawaru penguindrum

Is that bad animes? I can accept you like mote the older ones but bad? Sorry some of them are really good!! I can't accept you said is bad
Aug 13, 2012 4:04 PM
Mar 2011
Its Long over every with any good sense have said the good era of anime died when the Bubble burst cause less money beging put in the anime
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"๏ปฟ

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 13, 2012 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
Ugh, not this kind of thread again.There is still good/great anime being made, you just got to know where to look.The end.
Aug 13, 2012 4:11 PM

Nov 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
Its Long over every with any good sense have said the good era of anime died when the Bubble burst cause less money beging put in the anime

It hasn't died(in my opinion).

Aug 13, 2012 4:28 PM
Mar 2011
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

if you how things work when Major studios work [ajusting with inflation] Work the same amount of money smaller Studios did in the Golden age Just to ponit out the Golden age was for Japan as a nation Soon as madhouse lost its Independence the Golden age died fof th animation industry in Japan died end of
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"๏ปฟ

Aug 13, 2012 4:28 PM
Mar 2011
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

if you how things work when Major studios work [ajusting with inflation] Work the same amount of money smaller Studios did in the Golden age Just to ponit out the Golden age was for Japan as a nation Soon as madhouse lost its Independence the Golden age died fof th animation industry in Japan died end of

Aug 13, 2012 4:29 PM

Nov 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

eh.. what?
All i'm saying that I still think there are plenty of good anime in 2010-2012... I don't see how whatever you posted is related to that.

Aug 13, 2012 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
Will there ever be a time when what Enjolras1830 says makes sense?
Aug 13, 2012 4:32 PM

Nov 2011
Neane1993 said:
Will there ever be a time when what Enjolras1830 says makes sense?

Doubt it.

Aug 13, 2012 4:39 PM

Mar 2012
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

"If you look how things work; for example, when major studios are working [adjusting for inflation] with the same budget that smaller studios worked with during the 'Golden Age', IMO, this displays that the 'Golden Age' for anime has ended, because less money is being put into anime. Especially when Madhouse lost it's independence, I think this signaled the end of the anime industry in Japan."

Is that an accurate translation? I'm just wondering cause I can't make heads or tails of what you mean otherwise...
Let's go bowling.
Aug 13, 2012 4:43 PM
Mar 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

"If you look how things work; for example, when major studios are working [adjusting for inflation] with the same budget that smaller studios worked with during the 'Golden Age', IMO, this displays that the 'Golden Age' for anime has ended, because less money is being put into anime. Especially when Madhouse lost it's independence, I think this signaled the end of the anime industry in Japan."

Is that an accurate translation? I'm just wondering cause I can't make heads or tails of what you mean otherwise...

signaled the End of the golden age of the industry

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Anime that desparately need a Remaster

ST63LTH - Yesterday

33 by VelvetThorns »»
12 seconds ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together?

Oshieteoshiete4 - Yesterday

25 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Pick your favourite in this list!

AnimeLover1289 - 32 minutes ago

4 by APolygons2 »»
9 minutes ago

» Does it ever annoy you how a lot of series just never seem to end?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

16 by Zedlin »»
17 minutes ago

» Best anime from Disney+?

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

8 by APolygons2 »»
20 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.