Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 5, 2012 4:11 PM

Dec 2008
so first preseason game tonight. saints and cards. lots of stuff happened this offseason, tons of draft trades, numerous offseason arrests, and a lot of bad press for my saints.

despite all that, vegas still has them favored in 12 of their games. dat feeling when goodell hands the saints the lombardi trophy. haters gonna hate.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (92) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2012 5:05 PM

Dec 2010
Yeahhhh buddy. Huge saints fan here too, although I don't think I am going to watch tonight's game. HoF game is pretty blehhh usually.

Not sure if anyone here does fantasy football, but this year is so up in the air with all of last seasons major injuries to major players as well as all of the off season changes and issues. Ryan Matthews is being drafted in the first round for instance, go figure.
Aug 5, 2012 5:27 PM

Nov 2010
Getting pretty excited, got so squeamish earlier when i heard what happened to greg childs (two torn patellar tendons). Oh, and GG to the saints secondary if this knee problem for greer keeps reoccuring.
Aug 5, 2012 5:51 PM

Dec 2008
1st team offense scores TD on first drive. defense has a pick, a 3 and out, and is getting pressure. aside from these backup punt returners its looking promising but this isnt exactly the packers they are playing.

inb4 bounty on kevin kolb

EDIT: of course now that i say that the defense has a shitty drive

they need to settle this dispute with the officials, these replacements look so confused...hopefully not a sign of things to come for this season
Jimb0Aug 5, 2012 7:39 PM
Aug 5, 2012 7:52 PM
May 2010
Not much to take from this game other than the Saints offense is still the best or 1B. Kolb is horrible and looks lost. I feel bad for Fitzgerald. Chase Daniel had a pretty solid game for a backup until that INT in the end zone. I'm still happy to see football again. The off season is flying and I'm not looking forward to hearing about our "bounty" bullshit every game this year.
Aug 5, 2012 8:14 PM

Nov 2010
Ambalamps said:
. The off season is flying and I'm not looking forward to hearing about our "bounty" bullshit every game this year.

Thx for moving up two of the G-Men's Second round picks btw.

EDIT: There gonna be a MAL FF league again?
Aug 5, 2012 8:27 PM

Dec 2008
Bostonblows said:
Ambalamps said:
. The off season is flying and I'm not looking forward to hearing about our "bounty" bullshit every game this year.

Thx for moving up two of the G-Men's Second round picks btw.

EDIT: There gonna be a MAL FF league again?

KyuuAL is waiting for last year's team owners to reply to the notice he sent out, hes opening it up to the general discussion forum (i guess this thread) for new owners on aug. 18
Aug 5, 2012 8:42 PM

Nov 2010
Speaking of saints bounty, here's a bit of trivia for you...who was it that bent jonny knox in half like a pancake?........Anthony Hargrove. Yes. I smell conspiracy.
Aug 5, 2012 8:47 PM
May 2010
KiDCoRi said:
Legendre said:
Not sure if anyone here does fantasy football, but this year is so up in the air with all of last seasons major injuries to major players as well as all of the off season changes and issues. Ryan Matthews is being drafted in the first round for instance, go figure.

Yeah I know what you mean :/ My practice drafts have been all over the place.
I never listen to ranks anyway. I also feel like people who aren't rank-slaves (The League if anyone watches it lol) do better.

Anyway I'm watching the HoF game. It just ended actually. Oh and the Patriots are going to the Superbowl again. 5/5 would have been nice, but 4/6 this year isn't so bad. PATRIOTS #1

5/5? Are you talking about the Patriots would be 5/5 in Superbowls if they won last year? Because they'd actually be 4/5. Surely you didn't forget that they've lost before with Brady.
Aug 5, 2012 8:57 PM
May 2010
KiDCoRi said:
Ambalamps said:
5/5? Are you talking about the Patriots would be 5/5 in Superbowls if they won last year? Because they'd actually be 4/5. Surely you didn't forget that they've lost before with Brady.

No no no. I was just saying I would have liked to win all of them. I mean Brady could easily have been 5/5 right now :/....fuckin' Giants.

Yea I realized I was prematurely being an asshole but I couldn't stop myself :(.
Aug 5, 2012 9:44 PM

Jul 2011
Bostonblows said:
Speaking of saints bounty, here's a bit of trivia for you...who was it that bent jonny knox in half like a pancake?........Anthony Hargrove. Yes. I smell conspiracy.

I just re-watched that video a week ago, it was posted on the Bears website when they were interviewing him about his condition recently. It still sends shivers down my spine every time, I seriously though he'd be done for good.

Excited to see some Cutler + Marshall duo this year. Also glad that the whole Forte ordeal got handled nicely in the end. The Bears don't have many more chances to get their offense together before our defense collapses.
Aug 5, 2012 9:49 PM

Feb 2009
NFC North is going to be tougher this year for Green Bay, hopefully the rookies on defense Worthy and Neal can be productive. They didnt really address their awful secondary which is a major concern considering how awful they were last year in pass coverage.
Aug 9, 2012 4:32 PM

Dec 2008
a little late but i think TO to Seattle was a good move.

really good preseason games tonight...not that they matter
saints pats
pack chargers
eagles steelers
ravens falcons
bears broncos
and RG3's first nfl game vs buffalo

this may be 10 of the 12 playoff teams playing tonight

this would be the best week ever in terms of games if this was the regular season
Aug 9, 2012 4:47 PM

Jan 2008
I just want a Bears vs Eagles NFC championship game. I don't care who wins.
Aug 9, 2012 4:52 PM

Dec 2008
^^ impossible bcuz the saints will be winning the superbowl

i know the pats line is banged up but im loving the pressure the dline is bringing so far

...and as im typing this brady gets crushed and fumbles
Aug 9, 2012 4:55 PM

Jan 2010
All I hope is that the Eagles finish .500 this year...
Ok™
Aug 9, 2012 5:06 PM

Dec 2008
brees comes out before saints can get a first down. patriots secondary doing well although jimmy graham isnt playing
Aug 9, 2012 5:15 PM

Apr 2011
As a Packers fan I must say...GO PACK GO! Now seriously. Can't wait for this season.
Aug 9, 2012 6:03 PM

Jan 2008
Jimb0 said:
^^ impossible bcuz the saints will be winning the superbowl

Wishful thinking.

McRib said:
All I hope is that the Eagles finish .500 this year...

You hope they do what they did last season?
Aug 9, 2012 6:03 PM

Dec 2008
vick already injured, hits his linemens helmet AGAIN

brady brees and rodgers combine for 3 points
Aug 9, 2012 6:22 PM
Aug 2010
Ahem....Please bow down to your defending Super Bowl Champions.

NEW YORK GIANTS!

Repeat coming your way NFL fans, DEAL WITH IT!

XD
Aug 9, 2012 7:11 PM

Apr 2011
ichigo03 said:

NEW YORK GIANTS!

XD
The Packers will get their revenge.
Aug 9, 2012 7:22 PM

Dec 2008
ichigo03 said:

NEW YORK GIANTS!

XD

not a chance. saints will slaughter them again for like the 4th time in a row
Aug 9, 2012 7:30 PM

Jan 2010
Gunbladewarrior said:

You hope they do what they did last season?

Well they certainly aren't going to win the superbowl. A .500 a season is all I can ask for, especially with Vick out in the first pre-season game...
Ok™
Aug 9, 2012 7:36 PM

Dec 2008
just had an Ace Ventura moment. saints couldve gone ahead but Kasay misses it, LACES OUT

in unrelated news dwight howard is a laker
Aug 9, 2012 8:04 PM

Nov 2010
Jimb0 said:
ichigo03 said:

NEW YORK GIANTS!

XD

not a chance. saints will slaughter them again for like the 4th time in a row

If getting whooped by the saints is what it takes to win the super bowl and have you guys lose to the 9ers again i'm all for it ^_^
Aug 18, 2012 12:01 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, took me awhile to find this thread.

Look out guys, I'm definitely winning this year's fantasy league.

And my Fins are shocking the whole world, just you wait and see!!!
Aug 18, 2012 1:13 AM

Aug 2008
Hey Jimbo. You suck major **** for starting this thread without me. LOLOLOLOLOL.

As for this season -- this is the season for DA BEARS -- barring Cutler staying healthy.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 18, 2012 4:07 AM

Jul 2011
KyuuAL said:
As for this season -- this is the season for DA BEARS -- barring Cutler staying healthy.

Don't forget Forte and knowing Chicago sports, I wouldn't be surprised if B-Marsh falls victim to injury as well.
Aug 18, 2012 10:02 AM
Jun 2012
Unfortunately I'm a Rams fan so i have no faith this year.

Also is the MAL Fantasy league full cuz i would love to join
Aug 18, 2012 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
sparkedglory said:
As a Packers fan I must say...GO PACK GO! Now seriously. Can't wait for this season.

Hey Sparky. I ended up giving your team a 2nd owner 'cause you never replied. You're not doing fantasy this year?

If yes, I'll move the new guy to a different team.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Aug 19, 2012 11:05 AM

Feb 2009
JustALEX said:

How does Miami like coach Philbin so far? Watching the Hard Knocks show seems like he's setting up things nicely after coming over from Green Bay.
Aug 19, 2012 11:07 AM

Jun 2011
HTTR?!
Aug 19, 2012 11:42 AM

Jun 2008
baboon said:
JustALEX said:

How does Miami like coach Philbin so far? Watching the Hard Knocks show seems like he's setting up things nicely after coming over from Green Bay.

I can't say anything until the season begins, so far I like the fact that he wasn't afraid to let go of Chad Johnson after the nonsense he gets involved with.

BTW....can we PLEASE have NFL games now???

Baseball is literally KILLING me, I'm so bored!

LOL, it doesn't help that the Marlins are having a terrible season I guess.....the new stadium is fucking awesome though! XD
Aug 19, 2012 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
JustALEX said:

Dude, we just had the freakin' Olympics. And if you didn't watch the Archery women... you missed out.

XD

Aug 19, 2012 5:45 PM

Jun 2008
KyuuAL said:
JustALEX said:

Dude, we just had the freakin' Olympics. And if you didn't watch the Archery women... you missed out.

XD

Actually I did I watch some Olympics coverage, I thoroughly enjoyed Lebron and the rest of team USA basketball win the Gold medal.
Aug 19, 2012 7:41 PM

Jul 2011
JustALEX said:
I thoroughly enjoyed Lebron and the rest of team USA basketball win the Gold medal.

Olympics in a nutshell.
Aug 19, 2012 8:50 PM

Jan 2008
I missed NCAAF more than I did the NFL.
Aug 20, 2012 10:34 PM

Aug 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:

How? There was plenty of NCAAF news all summer. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Aug 20, 2012 10:34 PM

Feb 2010
Verdale said:
KyuuAL said:

Don't forget Forte and knowing Chicago sports, I wouldn't be surprised if B-Marsh falls victim to injury as well.

The Bears have pretty much have their own version of the "Madden Curse" every year its just a matter of which player gets done. Even if Marshall's the one getting dinged they should still be better than last year offensively since they might just have something with Alshon Jeffrey... he looks good so far, dunno if he's a number 1 (yet) but he definitely beefs up the receiving corps. I think the Bears real problem is they play in the NFC North lol GB is gonna be GB and if the Lions stop shooting themselves in the foot they can put up another >=10wins
Aug 20, 2012 10:50 PM

Jun 2008
KyuuAL said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Yeah.

Can't say I'm loving the NCAA that much.

All the news have been about Pedo St. and other nonsense.

I've just never liked NCAAF as much as the NFL.

And that's that "The U" has actually won a national championship in my lifetime.....in fact they've won 4 Titles in my lifetime, while the Dolphins have been playing QB roulette for 12 freaking years!....and somehow they still can't find one!

Anyways, the NFL will get my full attention again, I'll still tune in to see Saturday Coll. Football, but I really don't expect that much.
Aug 20, 2012 11:08 PM

Jan 2008
KyuuAL said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

The NFL has as well.

My love for tOSU dwarfs anything the NFL or NBA(not namedMJ) has to offer.
Aug 31, 2012 7:49 PM

Jul 2011
Bump.

A few others and I are looking to start a second fantasy league (for those not in the primary league/want another) so if anyone is interested, either post here or message/comment me.
Sep 1, 2012 10:30 AM

Jun 2008
W00T!

2 days to go for the draft!!!

Who will go #1???

Romo, Rivers, Teboq?

LOLOLOL....I'm very excited.
Sep 1, 2012 10:34 AM
Jul 2012
Patriots will win the superbowl.
Sep 1, 2012 10:46 AM

Jun 2008
GoldenBRS said:

18-1...
Sep 1, 2012 1:49 PM

Mar 2012
GoldenBRS said:

If the Giants aren't playing against them, then sure. Maybe.
Sep 1, 2012 9:07 PM

Aug 2008
JustALEX said:
GoldenBRS said:

18-1...
Greatest memory evar!

Brady/Bellicheat need to retire

Sep 2, 2012 12:33 AM

Mar 2011
Verdale said:
Bump.

A few others and I are looking to start a second fantasy league (for those not in the primary league/want another) so if anyone is interested, either post here or message/comment me.

I would join to help out buuuuut the Mal league is going to be my 5th fantasy football league as it is, don't think I can handle any more. Hoping you can find enough to get another one going. NFL season seriously starting on a Wednesday this year?
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Sep 2, 2012 2:29 AM

Aug 2008
I might recommend to go as far as starting a new thread to get more attention.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (92) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.