Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 28, 2012 7:02 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fVxphReFU0
Jul 28, 2012 7:49 PM

Oct 2011
And now we are deep in the best part of this arc.
One Piece got all mecha on us.As if Oda didn't have enough merchandise to make money off of.
LOL at Nami & Robin's faces in the presence of epic Franky coolness.They were like,"......-_-.....".It must be a girl thing.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jul 28, 2012 8:01 PM

May 2011
One word: COOL!
Jul 28, 2012 8:01 PM

Jan 2010
Whimsy ensues.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 28, 2012 8:12 PM

Oct 2011
gr8 ep. the usual from One Piece but why did MAL change the pic back ..
loved the new pic.. probably spoilers?? arghh
Jul 28, 2012 8:16 PM

Jul 2010
LUFFY FKING-EPIC-BOSS-MODE KICK.
I've wait for this episode with literally looking at clock every minute.And well, waiting paid me with an amazing price.Though things could be a little bit faster.Only a little :D
So many hilarious moments too xD.

5/5 ending was WOW.I didnt expect this ship to be such a giant.
Another week...how i hate this >_>
incompleteAEGISJul 28, 2012 8:22 PM
Jul 28, 2012 8:37 PM
May 2012
I'm still trying to figure out who the hell is the Kraken's brother XD
Jul 28, 2012 9:06 PM

Apr 2012
ILove11 said:
I'm still trying to figure out who the hell is the Kraken's brother XD

If we would have seen it, the only time that I can think of that we could have seen a "north pole" was the mini arc (possibly filler? I havn't read the manga) with the Phoenix Pirates and the bounty hunting family.... did we see a kraken then? it's been so long
Jul 28, 2012 9:23 PM

Oct 2008
Sorry to say, but during the whole Franky transformation thing my expression was the same as Nami's.
Jul 28, 2012 9:30 PM
Mar 2012
if people give this kind of episode a 5/5, it explains why the ranking doesn't make a single sense
Jul 28, 2012 9:31 PM
Jun 2012
The series seems to be getting way too slow now imo. In 23 minutes they only covered 1 chapter. The flashbacks are really unnecessary. I think they should be at least covering 2 chapters per episode. At this rate the anime is going to be close to the number of manga chapters in episodes. I was expecting more with the extra week to make this.
Jul 29, 2012 12:11 AM

Apr 2012
A pretty decent episode - I especially enjoyed Luffy kicking Hody Jones in the face at the end. On that note, though, Hody is continuing to fail at being an intimidating opponent. His track record so far is being cut up by Zoro and being tossed around like a rag doll by Luffy. This is the first villain, that I can remember, who has taken this much punishment prior to their main fight with the Straw Hat crew. Oh well, I guess it goes to show you that taking drugs doesn't get you anywhere.
Jul 29, 2012 12:23 AM

Jul 2011
akihikosama said:
Sorry to say, but during the whole Franky transformation thing my expression was the same as Nami's.

Yup, I got same feeling too <3 I just got bored by watching annoing robot transformation...

Again Luffy's hard kick :)

5/5

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 29, 2012 1:37 AM

May 2008
Wapometal - probably wont be covered in anime, but in manga cover pages
Jul 29, 2012 3:16 AM

Mar 2012
Only good thing about this episode is the last 2 minutes, I just can't stand franky he's too damn annoying.
Jul 29, 2012 3:28 AM

Jan 2012
Franky was SUPPPPPERRR cool this episode:D
Jul 29, 2012 3:30 AM

May 2012
next episode will be interesting! looking forward to the ark part!
[/URL]
Jul 29, 2012 3:50 AM

Mar 2011
One of the most stupidest ep ever so One piece now have Transformers element.Only good thig about this ep is the last 2 min.Franky can go to hell with his stupid transforms and Choper with his new points.
Jul 29, 2012 3:51 AM

Aug 2008
akihikosama said:

lol me too XDD

Luffy's super kick was awesome 8D
and the part with zoro and sanji, haha <3
Great episode, finally next week they'll start the ark part, now i can't wait for luffy to fight hordy *^*

but theres one think that i wonder about...

Your life is just little part of this world...

Jul 29, 2012 4:01 AM

Dec 2009
MomoNyan said:

but theres one think that i wonder about...

Jul 29, 2012 5:03 AM

Jul 2012
sweet episode! general franky! looked more awesome in the anime than ever!!
Jul 29, 2012 5:06 AM

May 2011
So I was one of those few people who rolf'd at Franky's transformations? It was so hilariously lame, I couldn't help it! Also, Robin's and Nami's unimpressed faces. Luffy reactions are so annoying... I love him. ^^ Not to mention, Chopper's Horn Point..

But, yes, last two minutes - brilliant. Noah is in the house.

ninkendo said:

I agree. I haven't appreciated any of the One Piece fillers so far, except maybe the extra bits they added to the Davy Back Fight (before Water 7), so I'd rather they go at this pace.
Jul 29, 2012 5:11 AM

Apr 2010
Good episode.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Jul 29, 2012 5:53 AM
May 2011
akihikosama said:

Good, i 'm not the only one . I rly didn't like that they wasted so much time for this sh!t.. Not to mention that like 3 minutes of the episode were in the " COOL , HOW COOL , SUGE ETC " part -.-
Jul 29, 2012 7:06 AM

Nov 2010
surabhi147 said:
I agree. I haven't appreciated any of the One Piece fillers so far, except maybe the extra bits they added to the Davy Back Fight (before Water 7), so I'd rather they go at this pace.

It's time they started incorporating fillers instead of boring long drawn out episodes where nothing happens. Atleast you can skip filler episodes if you want to.

When you have bad inconsistent animation, long drawn out (snore-fest) unnecessary content and I don't know if this was actually canon but when a character nearly dies from a nosebleed because he was too aroused then something is seriously wrong. Take away these factors and One Piece would be amazing but as it stands it is pretty poor.

One Piece anime needs to be rebooted to be considered a great anime.

Jul 29, 2012 7:20 AM
Aug 2011
Snooze Fest. I knew that the transformation sequence was going to be long and that the franky fanboys were gana be more irritating.

3/5. They really need to do some episodes that use 2 chapters + fucking animate the cover stories.
Jul 29, 2012 7:45 AM

Jul 2011
The second part was awesome! I can't wait to see what they will do against Noah.
Jul 29, 2012 8:34 AM

Dec 2011
The mecha one piece was dragged out quite abit -_- but I luved Nami's and Robin's "Im not amused" looks from it xD.

lol Luffy for kicking Hordy's ass to the wall so easily for the second time Dx, totally forgot about Noah's ark but really that is one huge-ass ship o_O
Jul 29, 2012 9:08 AM

Feb 2012
Nami is useless, she´s there only for the fanservice
Jul 29, 2012 9:24 AM

Jul 2011
First half: Power Rangers
Second half: Badass
Overall: Great episode XD
Cant wait for the next one!
Jul 29, 2012 9:59 AM

Jul 2011
ze_dos_cavalos said:

It was thanks to her that the plan of Jimbei has worked
Jul 29, 2012 10:16 AM

Apr 2009
Enjoyable episode, Franky amuses me as does the reaction of most of the Straw Hat crew to his new creations. The robot transformation took a little too long but it had me laughing when Franky's awesome shoulder cannons for the robot were him just stepping outside and shooting the Fish pirates.

The only thing I didn't like was the Kraken getting scared of Hordy. Come on, the Straw Hats have creamed the Fish Men pirates, Hordy's gotten smashed into paste once or twice. At this point why would be scared of him? Just seemed silly.
Jul 29, 2012 10:28 AM
Mar 2012
aiNkyy said:
ze_dos_cavalos said:

I doubt it, I agree she's useless.
Jul 29, 2012 10:36 AM

Jul 2011
Shaduge said:
aiNkyy said:
ze_dos_cavalos said:

I doubt it, I agree she's useless.

So I presume that you 2 have skipped the episode 553
Jul 29, 2012 10:38 AM
Apr 2012
2 weeks for Franky's gayness >.>
Jul 29, 2012 10:46 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode. Those weeks of boring episodes are finally feeling like they were worth it. And the animation was as good as the last episode's.
Jul 29, 2012 1:31 PM

May 2010
Damn, I don't like new Chopper points, he looks more and more like some kind of Pokemon O_O But yeah, coooool episode!

Btw, I've small question for manga readers, since I catched up with OP anime last week. How long this arc is going to last? And I wonder if the next arc is better than current one?
Jul 29, 2012 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Damn, I don't like new Chopper points, he looks more and more like some kind of Pokemon O_O But yeah, coooool episode!

Btw, I've small question for manga readers, since I catched up with OP anime last week. How long this arc is going to last? And I wonder if the next arc is better than current one?

This arc has quite a ways to go. Probably most of this year. Next arc has been better imo. Has had a quite a few great moments so far and seems that some of those moments will be leading into some really awesome stuff in the future.
Jul 29, 2012 2:01 PM

Oct 2011
Kitsu-nee said:
I've small question for manga readers, since I catched up with OP anime last week. How long this arc is going to last? And I wonder if the next arc is better than current one?

For the rest of the year,should end about January.

The next arc is 100x better than this one.While this current arc suffered from Oda unnecessarily dragging it out (in the anime,it's worst :/ & the main flaw of this arc),Sanji's nosebleeding plot point >_> & drugs popping villains.The next one is the best arc since the timeskip (so far) with every chapter being either decent,good or god damn AWESOME.It suffers from literary NOTHING.
Don't get me wrong,Fishman Island have it's moments but compared to the next arc,DAMN!!!Fishman Island is nothing.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jul 29, 2012 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
Jeddy017 said:
Kitsu-nee said:
I've small question for manga readers, since I catched up with OP anime last week. How long this arc is going to last? And I wonder if the next arc is better than current one?

The next arc is 100x better than this one.While this current arc suffered from Oda unnecessarily dragging it out (in the anime,it's worst :/ & the main flaw of this arc),Sanji's nosebleeding plot point >_> & drugs popping villains.The next one is the best arc since the timeskip (so far) with every chapter being either decent,good or god damn AWESOME.It suffers from literary NOTHING.
Don't get me wrong,Fishman Island have it's moments but compared to the next arc,DAMN!!!Fishman Island is nothing.

Hey, i actually found the Sanji nose bleed gag funny in this arc. It's the first time it's made me laugh even.
Jul 29, 2012 2:11 PM

Oct 2011
King_jpem_II said:
Jeddy017 said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Hey, i actually found the Sanji nose bleed gag funny in this arc. It's the first time it's made me laugh even.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the nosebleeding thing as a gag to make people laugh,but using something like that as a plot point.......WTF?
My Devianart

Jul 29, 2012 3:08 PM

Dec 2011
The dreams of men! The mecha has docked! Yes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
ze_dos_cavalos said:

Really? she's one of most useful Strawhats.Without navigator like her, whole crew would be in deep shit + as someone said, watch episode 553 ._.
If you don't like her say so, don't say she is useless.
Jul 29, 2012 6:02 PM
Jul 2018
Finally watched it. Was about what i expected so with better pacing and animation it could have been better. Loved Franky Shogun in both the manga and here. Nami's expression through the entire thing made me laugh as well

Also not sure how anyone can call Nami useless. She is no powerhouse fighter by any means but she wins her fights and she is quite important as the navigator.
Jul 29, 2012 8:04 PM

Dec 2011
Jeddy017 said:
King_jpem_II said:
Jeddy017 said:
Kitsu-nee said:

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the nosebleeding thing as a gag to make people laugh,but using something like that as a plot point.......WTF?

Yeah,I always though it was kind of odd too,but it wasn't that important in the end so I just treated it like a normal joke.

It reminds me of Kulilin winning a fight because he doesn'thave a nose on the early Dragon Ball(Not comparing anything)

About the episode,it was pretty good,I really like Chopper's new transformations and Franky's coolness(even if that ended up being half the episode).And of course,Luffy fighting for Surume in the end.
Jul 29, 2012 8:38 PM

Apr 2012
Chopper's so cool.

The fail docking in Thriller Bark was way funnier.
Jul 30, 2012 3:59 AM

May 2010
Okay, thanks for your replies :) Since it's going to be that long, I think I'll just catch up with manga soon.
Jul 30, 2012 7:29 AM

Jan 2008
One doesn't simply fuck with the Straw Hats.
Jul 30, 2012 11:11 AM
Feb 2010
Shaduge said:
if people give this kind of episode a 5/5, it explains why the ranking doesn't make a single sense

I´m a huge OP fan, but this episode was terrible.
Jul 31, 2012 12:26 AM
Nov 2007
I thought the episode was ok too slow though and that's why I will catch up with the manga. Can someone tell me what chapter is around this episode?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Egghead's pacing has been spectacular!

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

3 by demonskkull »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Joe1991 - Sep 19, 2008

112 by TheStarscream759 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 992 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Sep 18, 2021

83 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Would you some day completely rewatch OP?

Zimmu - Mar 13

41 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 357 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

45 by bakakisima »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.