Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2008 3:48 AM
Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, well. It's definitely not like the other OVA, that just had 3 episodes.

The voice-over at the end was a nice touch.
formosanOct 6, 2008 3:51 AM
Oct 7, 2008 11:40 AM

May 2008
Ah, someone made a topic for this. Finally.
This show was an exciting find.

The art style is like a mix of ultra sleek moe and that bratty attitudeness art style that FLCL had.
As well as the theme, in which you've got zany fun and pure cute.

I absolutely love this show and it's a gem and I'm glad someone finally made a topic for it.
I couldn't tell what was going on in some places where I couldn't grasp the Japanese quick enough nor did I want to rewind it, nor did I want to click off and get a lower quality version so I could see it in subs. Because I was too busy being entertained by the random funniness of this show.

It's been a few days since I saw this episode. And I don't remember the names, but that dominant mean girl with the weird hair and receding hair line with the tank was amusing as can be. I don't know quite what was going on, but it seemed to have to do with some time schedule, and pure mayhem and hilarity ensured. I didn't even have to know what was going on to enjoy it. God that was great.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 31, 2011 10:07 AM
Dec 2010
It's really ridiculously ridiculous show haha
greenmartyOct 31, 2011 12:27 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 13, 2013 2:11 AM

May 2012
Well not a bad start but what's up with the characters? Is this a renewal of the original show "the ova" or is this the sequel like they said in Genshiken? Either way I preferred the Ova characters and do hope we'll see some of them back! Either way not a bad episode I wonder what they'll put in the story, but to see from this first episode it's going to be quite crazy!
Jun 20, 2013 9:36 PM

Jan 2011
It looks and feels like an alternate version. I just watched this and then the OVAs and to be blunt, I think I preferred the art and story line of the OVA's. Of course Genshiken has spoilered that version, but to be honest Genshiken it is the only reason I'm watching this. Oh well--I can grit my teeth and bear it even if it doesn't improve.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 28, 2014 2:28 AM

Feb 2013
This was quite a jump from the OVA. Animation is much better. This feels like there will be some sort of plot than the OVA. I wonder what happened to the characters that were in the OVA. They weren't in this.
Dec 7, 2016 2:56 AM

Feb 2013
This started worse than the OVA, I liked the old style of the characters too.

More topics from this board

» Worth watching the OVA first?

Nickienator - Jan 29, 2013

3 by SofiaBulga »»
Nov 6, 2019 3:25 PM

Poll: » Kujibiki Unbalance (2006) Episode 10 Discussion

Proselyt - Nov 1, 2009

4 by aphirst »»
Mar 23, 2019 1:37 PM

Poll: » Kujibiki Unbalance (2006) Episode 12 Discussion

Proselyt - Nov 8, 2009

7 by Ulquiorra »»
Dec 9, 2016 5:21 PM

Poll: » Kujibiki Unbalance (2006) Episode 11 Discussion

Proselyt - Nov 7, 2009

4 by Ulquiorra »»
Dec 9, 2016 4:58 PM

Poll: » Kujibiki Unbalance (2006) Episode 9 Discussion

Proselyt - Oct 27, 2009

6 by Ulquiorra »»
Dec 9, 2016 4:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.