Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 1, 2012 10:35 AM

Feb 2012
That was a nice way to end the season.

I loved this series. Enjoyed the unique romance between Urabe and Tsubaki. Also, the art style and Urabe's VA are just perfect and unique in this day and age.

As an ecchi lover I loved the fanservice. As a romance lover I loved the romance between the two.

There were no cheap misunderstandings and nothing was forced between the two just to advance their relationship. Their progress as a couple was perfect.

Overall I give it a 10/10. I hope for a second season!
Jul 1, 2012 10:55 AM

Jul 2010
Best show of the Spring 2012 season, bar none! This episode contains some of the best, and sweetest parts of the story!

This was another masterpiece of adaptation, mixing two stand-alone stories from the manga into a seamless and wonderful story! Bravo! Can't wait for the OAD and, hopefully, season 2 after that!

Jul 1, 2012 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
tjord said:
I totally love this ep's splash art, gotta turn it into wallpaper :)

Overall - good adaptation of an* awesome manga.

Nah, the manga went ape shit after the festival arc.
One of the best shows this season.
I'll give it a 9/10 just for Urabe.
Let's hope for a 2nd season.. (not likely)
Jul 1, 2012 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
Strange, but still cute.
Jul 1, 2012 12:12 PM
Oct 2008
SEASON 2 WHEN???????
Jul 1, 2012 12:52 PM

May 2011
I think people are so focused on the drooling that they miss out on the beauty of this anime/manga, urabe dating for the first time ever and so is akira, they're going with the development stage instead of the I have a crush on you an I love you typical anime plot, drool is weird but at the same time a beautiful thing being able to express how you feel without saying words, you kiss someone and you swap spit all the time so how weird is it if it's from your fingers? Urabe loves akira a lot and wanna be in his life for a long time so why not rush things when good things comes to those who wait 8/10 got me
<center></center>
Jul 1, 2012 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
i enjoyed the last episode. I was kinda bummed that they never kissed.. but then again i guess swapping saliva is kinda the same.... 6/10 :)
Jul 1, 2012 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
Good ending episode....I really hope for a season 2

10/10
Jul 1, 2012 1:24 PM

Jul 2010
Well, exchanging drool is about as close as we'll get to a kiss. A pretty nice ending, but not really the ending I was hoping for. Certainly a very special series, but a bit lacking in some places. 7/10.

Jul 1, 2012 3:44 PM

Apr 2009
Oh man, she got me at "more inappropriate things from now on." XP I wouldn't mind a second season with "more inappropriate things". Sorry couldn't help myself. LOL

It wasn't that great but it wasn't too bad either, in the end the drool was the only thing new for me. It was an OK series. 6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 1, 2012 3:56 PM

Sep 2011
Because exchanging saliva through a kiss is too mainstream XP
Jul 1, 2012 4:28 PM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:
Pocketasces said:
4/10. absence of decent story line was not even compensated with moe

What does moe have to do with this series?

I must admit I am confused with the expectations of people in general. Weird.
Mysterious Viewer X ?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 1, 2012 4:41 PM

Feb 2011
7/10 - Decent characters and I like the animation style. The music is fitting and decent.

I do think it's a bit lacking in the plot. I'm not really fond of a plot that's only premise is romance. I'm fine with romance, but romance for the sake of romance and nothing more is a bit boring.

I really enjoyed the last episode, they visited some of Akira's family which is nice.
Jul 1, 2012 6:15 PM
Sep 2009
This anime was certainly one of my favorites throughout this season. Admittedly, the plot needed a bit more work, but nevertheless, I looked forward to each episode. It was nice to finally learn a bit more about Akira's family and see a bit more of Urabe's character (and damn, that was a pretty smile). Lookin' forward to a 2nd season; maybe we'll learn a bit more about Urabe's family and see them kiss for once. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

And so...*drumroll*...

...9/10.

I would normally give it an 8 due to its lack of plot (I prefer anime like Acchi Kocchi or Lucky Star when it comes to lack of plot), but the lack of tits in my face and upskirt shots was seriously appreciated; it's a nice break from the anime series that utilize a ton of fan service. Plus, the slice of life aspect of it was truly well done.
Jul 1, 2012 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
the ending was kinda flat, but i really enjoy the ride:)

8/10
Jul 1, 2012 8:18 PM

Jun 2009
Certainly one of the most fun anime this season. Probably my top 2 or 3.
Jul 1, 2012 10:48 PM
Apr 2010
-Quasar said:
Certainly one of the most fun anime this season. Probably my top 2 or 3.

I agree with you there. Definitely has one of the best closures I've seen in this season. 9/10 for the series. :D
Jul 2, 2012 4:52 AM

Jul 2011
I liked every episode, this series is a bit different from the others. I hope for a S2 too and I'll try to read the manga.

8/10
Jul 2, 2012 10:21 AM

Mar 2008
Loved the show.

However, I want to rename it "Mysterious Dad X." Where the hell they were hiding him all this time is beyond me.
Jul 2, 2012 1:09 PM

Apr 2012
I wouldn't go as far as calling that real closure. It's a very, very open ended end for a very weird but somehow great story. Well done for season 1, though (I need to believe there'll be a season 2! >_<).

Gonna miss it as much as Acchi Kocchi and Sankarea..ahh :'(
Jul 2, 2012 2:23 PM

Feb 2008
normally that would have been the perfect time to hold hands. but their relationship is much more deeper than that.
Jul 2, 2012 3:29 PM
Dec 2011
Rexky said:
7/10 - Decent characters and I like the animation style. The music is fitting and decent.

I do think it's a bit lacking in the plot. I'm not really fond of a plot that's only premise is romance. I'm fine with romance, but romance for the sake of romance and nothing more is a bit boring.

I really enjoyed the last episode, they visited some of Akira's family which is nice.

can you really say it lacks in plot because it dosn't have the type of plot you like?
Jul 2, 2012 3:37 PM

Dec 2006
I thought I was going to drop it after episode 1 but mysteriously I found myself watching it every week.

I loved the old-style art and animation, the bgm and the opening, ending and of course the characters and the interesting relationships between them but I never got used to the drool thing...

7/10 ~
Jul 2, 2012 5:48 PM

Jul 2009
It took me 4 episodes to get over the drool thing, but dear God am I glad I did. That was amazing!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 2, 2012 8:26 PM

Jul 2010
coronis said:
Loved the show.

However, I want to rename it "Mysterious Dad X." Where the hell they were hiding him all this time is beyond me.

I'm sure he works a ton, maybe even in another town or something. He shows up in two chapters of the manga that I can think of.
Jul 2, 2012 9:07 PM

Sep 2011
That face she made at the end... was actually really cute! I really liked the ending, very well done. :)
Jul 2, 2012 11:21 PM

May 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
...he has a dad?

rofl this was my first thought. like, wth? where has that dude been until then?!?! I read the manga but don't remember any mention or glimpse of his dad it it hahah

I was getting really FED UP with this show for like 4 episodes, but the last one was a bit better, and this one was WAY better imo, nice mix of stories (the sister one a little bit, and the grave visiting). I'm glad there was no 'competition' or that titty troll oka in this one, hahah.

I guess, I also "liked" this episode cause I utterly abhorred 8-11. Also they had sorta set the sister side story/detour up when she tried on her old school uniform in a previous episode so I was surprised and glad that they actually did show a bit of it (the manga gives you an entire chapter of just his sister but that would have been jarring and confusing in this setting). Of the things they could have ended on (from the manga) I think this was the best choice, even if it's not renewed for a second season.
jooulesJul 2, 2012 11:25 PM
Jul 3, 2012 1:24 AM
Jan 2011
A great series. Really well-made and interesting. Tsubaki x Urabe is my spring season OTP (aside from Niiya x Yuuko). The final episode was probably the best in all series, somehow moved me. Overall score: 7/10.
Jul 3, 2012 3:08 AM

Aug 2010
What are we gonna do on the rock?
Jul 3, 2012 7:08 AM
Jan 2010
The people who loved this anime, you guys should really read the manga. Its really hooking for some weird reason

And for those who are asking for a kiss

Jul 3, 2012 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
I think this was a pretty nice closing episode, some quality bonding between the main characters in their own quirky way (though the drool tasting in front of the grave was probably more disturbing for me than the whole drool fetish in the show). 4/5. It's nice to finally see a father in a show, parents so rarely appear.

I should have enjoyed this series more...however, after the first few episodes I wasn't really interested in either Tsubaki nor Urabe. The retro feeling of the visuals and the relationship progress was great though. 6/10.
Jul 3, 2012 8:19 AM

Apr 2012
Urabe's Last Words: 私達はこれから先もっと不謹慎な事する事なるだから
wazzupyallJul 3, 2012 8:31 AM
Jul 3, 2012 11:57 AM
May 2012
Great end of anime, very sweet and sincere, really leaves me with the feeling that we have a 2s, and although not having this anime to me happy, what else I can say .... 5/5
Jul 3, 2012 12:35 PM

May 2008
awesome anime love the ending wish for a season 2!!!
Jul 3, 2012 2:51 PM

Jul 2011
8/10, Such a Great slice of life series :) Even without concrete plot or consensus.
Love Urabe fot her cutenes and unpredictibilitness xD, would like to see s2 ^^
Jul 3, 2012 3:12 PM

May 2012
I loved this anime ^__^

it was great from the start !....

loved that end !

i am waiting for s2 from now @_@
Jul 3, 2012 3:39 PM

Oct 2009
I enjoyed every single episode. Not super happy about the last one though.

I'd say 9/10 if S2, 8/10 if not :p.
Jul 5, 2012 10:22 AM

Dec 2011
Nice anime but it lacks a real plot and some episodes are a little boring 6/10
Jul 5, 2012 4:34 PM
May 2010
I don't comment alot but when i do, its for a unique anime such as this. Great series and am seriously hoping for a season 2. Usually at the end of these kinds of animes i get a little depressed, but the outlook on the last episode was very positive.

*edit* actually getting a little upset i cant watch another episode
Trigun1127Jul 5, 2012 6:09 PM
Jul 5, 2012 8:08 PM

Apr 2012
Here you have another episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGts9ohZ5ys

haha I know, but at least they voiced one my fav chapters
Jul 5, 2012 9:33 PM

Aug 2010
I really hope for a second season. I think this was a really good romance genre of the season in a truly unique way, as it does seem the drool exchanges has become second nature. I thought there would be more to the ending, but this is pretty well heart warming because of the special relationship they both have with each other.

I give it a 9/10. I was truly fascinated with the art and the theme songs. They have this sort of nostalgia thing where it seems like it was from the 90s, and they brought it to 2012. I enjoyed the character's personalities very much, and I very look forward to e OVA!
Jul 6, 2012 7:06 AM

Jan 2012
a really interesting an unique spin on a romance, really liked it! As I said in my first post on the first episode... I watched this anime purely just because the synopsis was so unusual, and then that lead to me thurally enjoying this, the drool didn't even bother me at all after the first couple of episodes at all, and I loved what Urabe could do with it (feel emotions etc etc)

and the last scene in the graveyard was a nice touch and a very satisfying ending for me, really hope there is a second season and it progresses further, and will definitely be reading the manga at some point

very high 8/10! :)
Jul 6, 2012 5:51 PM

Jan 2012
I really liked it, but i'll only give it 6/10 because the MC is a spineless prick.

Now, for my usual mini-review...
Video: 7/10 - Good, but does not quite measure up to my expectations for a 2012 anime.
Audio: 7/10 - The vocals are good, but the BGM could have been done better.
Plot: 9/10 - It scores big points for being unique and interesting, but not full marks because there were too many moments that left me thinking "YOU IDIOT" towards the male MC.

Overall, it deserves a 8/10, but I'll give it 6/10 purely because the MC pisses me off to much.
Jul 6, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2010
Virtual_BS said:
I really liked it, but i'll only give it 6/10 because the MC is a spineless prick.

Video: 7/10 - Good, but does not quite measure up to my expectations for a 2012 anime.
Plot: 9/10 - It scores big points for being unique and interesting, but not full marks because there were too many moments that left me thinking "YOU IDIOT" towards the male MC.

Overall, it deserves a 8/10, but I'll give it 6/10 purely because the MC pisses me off to much.

At least Akira is committed to his one girlfriend, unlike most harem anime where there's too many girls going after the MC while clearly displaying idiocy of not seeing their feelings. >_>
Jul 7, 2012 6:10 AM

Jan 2012
GigaSPX said:
Virtual_BS said:

At least Akira is committed to his one girlfriend, unlike most harem anime where there's too many girls going after the MC while clearly displaying idiocy of not seeing their feelings. >_>

Well that's true. Even if he's an idiot, at least he's not an indecisive idiot.
Jul 8, 2012 12:14 AM

Mar 2010
So anyone care to explain tome how I'm supposed to live my life now that this anime is over? I am in relapseeeeeeeeeeee. ;_;
Jul 9, 2012 11:25 PM

Feb 2011
I haven't read the manga, so don't make fun of me. But, I totally thought she was going to end up being an alien. They kept zooming in on the ufo key chain on her school bag and her ufo pen. I thought it had to mean something since they did it so many time. Tsubaki and Urabe even had space/alien posters in their rooms(Star Mars lol). That was the only thing I was disappointed about, because I was expecting it since the 3rd episode. Besides that it was a very good. It was weird, but that's what makes it unique. Now we just have to wait for the OVA!
Jul 10, 2012 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
T_LOWE said:
I haven't read the manga, so don't make fun of me. But, I totally thought she was going to end up being an alien. They kept zooming in on the ufo key chain on her school bag and her ufo pen. I thought it had to mean something since they did it so many time. Tsubaki and Urabe even had space/alien posters in their rooms(Star Mars lol). That was the only thing I was disappointed about, because I was expecting it since the 3rd episode. Besides that it was a very good. It was weird, but that's what makes it unique. Now we just have to wait for the OVA!

It seems you are not the only one who thought that. :D

Some people think she is a descendant from Atlantis civilization wihich would make sense as they were able to transmit feelings through water.
Jul 10, 2012 3:13 PM

Oct 2010
baracudaboy said:
So anyone care to explain tome how I'm supposed to live my life now that this anime is over? I am in relapseeeeeeeeeeee. ;_;
Re-watching it on BDs.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 11, 2012 8:14 PM
May 2010
That would SUCK if she turned out to be an alien. Would ruin the entire show for me. Anyway I think its highly unlikely.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 23, 2012

80 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

106 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2012

121 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 2, 2012

82 by Aoboba »»
Feb 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2012

101 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 12, 9:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.