Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 2012 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
Hm, I guess you just need to find the right show. Some shows look boring just by reading the summary but there's bound to be something interesting.
Jun 20, 2012 7:02 AM
Jan 2011
This thread has been done, to death.
Jun 22, 2012 1:42 PM

Dec 2010
Nothing new. Happens eventually when you find something else to preoccupy your time. But I have to seemed to have just gotten into a rhythm of watching an ep or two at night before going to bed.
Jun 22, 2012 1:54 PM

Jul 2010
It's not like you have to watch anime. If you no longer feel like watching it then don't watch it. Find something else to do, and maybe one day you'll interest in anime will grow again, but if it doesn't then move on. ; - )
Jun 22, 2012 2:04 PM

Jun 2008
Just keep trying new shows and i'm sure you will find one eventually that will get your motivation back : )
Jun 22, 2012 3:11 PM

Feb 2009
Hmm in life you will find that only eating sleeping breathing and shitting are things you will do whether you like it or not. Everything else is discretionary.

Oh and fornicating, it has to be done by some of us eh, just part of the system of running a species.

Not watching an anime for a day a week a month or even a year means nothing. If you never start again it also means nothing. I've gone months and not done several of my hobbies some times.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jun 22, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2007
Its normal that you don't have motivation to watch anime. Now I have the second one. Just like people said: take a break, the time you want. Then begin to watch anime again.
Jun 22, 2012 3:53 PM

Apr 2011
Have a break, Have a Kit-Kat.
Jun 24, 2012 1:56 AM

May 2012
It happens to all of us.
In fact, I am in that phase right now. xD

Jun 24, 2012 1:59 AM

Jul 2009
Manga. Solves everything.
Jun 24, 2012 3:38 AM

Jun 2008
It is normally to be tired of watching anime sometimes because some anime series are good and others really suck.

It also works like that in the cinema world, american series, etc....

People need to be selective about which anime to watch, because if you spend time watching a bad anime series than you are not getting that time back.

It is better to watch 50 good series than 200 from which 100 are bad.

So if you want to watch anime try to find a series that you really would like to watch
Jun 24, 2012 3:51 AM

Mar 2009
my computer crashed and lost my motivations 6 months after that. And another 6 months later, i started again. Yes, i took a 1 year break lol.
or you can rewatch your favorite series instead.
Mokyuu♥~!!

Jun 24, 2012 5:08 AM
Jun 2012
same thing happend to me 3-4 years ago.
I stopped watching it till like 1month ago. and then i found more awesome animes had come in those years xD
Jun 24, 2012 5:35 PM

Mar 2008
I dunno I kind of watch less and less anime these days, maybe because I'm getting old or the shows are starting suck, for me that is.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Jun 24, 2012 5:54 PM

Feb 2008
You haven't really seen much of anything at all.

:/

Just stop watching until you -actually- feel like it again. Find something else to do, I don't know.

I take short two-week or three-week breaks here and there to play more video games or do other hobbies, but for the most part I don't lose my passion for anime.
Anime figure reviews:
Jun 24, 2012 5:55 PM

Jan 2012
Same here man, i only read manga these days .
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Jun 24, 2012 7:41 PM

Jun 2009
So have I to be honest. In fact i find myself falling in love cartoons more nowadays its like almost every anime is exactly the same which is pretty....blah it get pretty old and boring and predictable now....:S
Jun 25, 2012 6:14 AM

Jul 2009
lenneal said:
So have I to be honest. In fact i find myself falling in love cartoons more nowadays its like almost every anime is exactly the same which is pretty....blah it get pretty old and boring and predictable now....:S

I took a look at the anime we shared. Our shared anime (meaning we both watched them) are mostly very well known in anime communities, a lot of them being "mainstream" or "entry-level". Now that's not all a bad thing, but it does leave room for more obscure anime.

Now here might be your problem: the great majority of the anime titles that are only you watched are shounen battle/sports anime and fanservice series. Perhaps overexposure to these specific genres is what is making anime look "exactly the same" to you.

You might be pleasantly surprised if you watch something different and out of the box, like Perfect Blue or Hotarubi no Mori e. I hope this can be of use to you.
Jun 26, 2012 7:35 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I' ve seen more than 300 anime and never had that feeling. As others have said, you just need to watch more diverse anime. Ask for recomendations.

Btw, how come RomeoxJuliet is not in your list?
Jun 26, 2012 9:28 PM

Apr 2012
Try looking at recommendations for your favorite anime's.
I did that,now I don't know what to watch next !^-^ Try it, it might help!
Jun 26, 2012 10:05 PM

Apr 2011
Ask some people what they like and see if you might like those anime too. Ask them to recommend some anime... and describe how they liked it. Read a review on any anime you may have stumbled upon. Find a genre that you really like and look for anime within that genre until you find one you want to watch. See what other people are watching and see if you might want to watch that too? Sorry if I'm being pushy.
Jun 26, 2012 11:41 PM
Dec 2011
Heh, I took a break for almost 15 years xD I think Rurouni Kenshin was brand new at the time when I stopped watching anime...
Now I'm 33 and I'm watching anime more than I did in highschool (just look at my list, anything there that isn't REALLY old, I watched within the last 8 months). I've tried to get the wife into it, but aside from Miyazaki movies, Ano Hana, and Clannad AS, she hasn't really been interested.. I should've married her sister (she's 28 and digs anime) LOL
Jul 1, 2012 5:34 AM

Jan 2012
Shit happens :P
Jul 1, 2012 8:02 AM
Jun 2012
its normal. i have faced it too, too much of something will make one sick and tired.

you should take a break.

anyway, all good things must come to an end.
Jul 1, 2012 8:42 AM

Mar 2011
Oh dear, it must be terrible for you.

If you can't find new titles, then it's simply that you aren't trying hard enough. Find someone with a high compatibility and watch what they thought was good.
Jul 1, 2012 6:45 PM
May 2012
try reading english translated manga or light novels..
Jul 1, 2012 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
I stopped watching because I have important stuff to do and I did not want to become an obsessed otaku freak. Nowadays, I rarely watch anime.
Jul 1, 2012 11:33 PM
Aug 2011
Happened to me also after seeing a large number of good anime and then all the sudden only so-so aniem is all u can find u jsut stop watching.
For the past month i only played games cause no anime tugged my interest.
Lucky for you: you didn't watch Mirai Nikki

Watch Episode 1 and i can assure you wont stop til u finish episode 26!
Warning you might fall in love with the Psycho in the anime like me!
Jul 1, 2012 11:35 PM

Jun 2012
When the real world false you u shall return to anime
and when the times comes you will know!
Jul 2, 2012 10:10 AM
Jun 2012
Take a long break, I spent one year without watching anime because I losed motivation too.

The I got bored of real life aaaaaaand here I am.
Jul 2, 2012 10:15 AM

Mar 2008
I think one should never force themselves to watch (or read) something, because that's usually when you don't enjoy it (as much as you did before).
After all, anime (and manga) is for entertainment. If it really fails to entertain you, you should either take a break or stop completely.
Jul 2, 2012 11:34 AM
Jun 2012
Toanmaru said:
When the real world false you u shall return to anime
and when the times comes you will know!

Otikat said:
Take a long break, I spent one year without watching anime because I losed motivation too.

animes.. they make you realize how much real life sucks..
Jul 3, 2012 6:24 PM

Jan 2009
jal90 said:
This thread is made so many times. The answer is "yes". Anime is a hobby that consumes time, in that sense you will pass through moments in which you feel you are wasting your time in it, so you'll need to take a break. But that should happen to any fan at many moments in their life, without it meaning that their state is permanent. It's natural that you end up getting tired when you have been devoted to something for a long time, it doesn't mean you are not able to enjoy it again, but I don't see anything wrong to switching off from time to time. It's even necessary.

so basically the longer u are away frm something u like the more u will enjoy it later?
This sums up the YuYu Hakusho anime well (paraphrased) “you can’t end a good party without someone on the floor.” Yusuke Urameshi
Jul 3, 2012 7:53 PM

Aug 2008
I took a HUGE anime hiatus. I stopped watching anime near the beginning of 2010.

I just recently started watching anime once again and it feels great. I want to watch more and more since I feel like I have missed so many great series these past 2 years!
Jul 3, 2012 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
I got this advice from this guy from omegle. Apparently, I lacked motivation, so he told me to say "This is for your own good" whenever I felt like I didn't want to watch anime. And it works for me.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Jul 3, 2012 8:31 PM

Jun 2012
you should take a break and wait for summer anime,,,
Jul 3, 2012 9:49 PM

Jul 2007
You just stop being a pussy and just watch some F*ing anime. Force your self to if you have to. Watch some more casual, something that will interest you. I can give you some recs.

Jul 4, 2012 2:34 AM
May 2012
Things like this happen! I've been like you before where I totally lost interest for more than a year, Being busy with studies and sports. Fast Forward now my enthusiasm is back when I graduated college and when I quit my job - I've been free for like a month and just want to relax. I indulge myself getting back to the trend and now I'm checking the good anime series that I've missed.

Take note though that your "enthusiasm" to anime may not come back and it happens to most of my friends. When I asked them "Hey Have You watched <insert title here" They'll just reply, "Sorry Bro I haven't watched an Anime series for like <insert year here>". Some have discovered a new found hobby or interest but if watching Anime is really your interest then you won't have problem getting back
Jul 4, 2012 2:47 AM

Jul 2007
WooChan said:
Things like this happen! I've been like you before where I totally lost interest for more than a year, Being busy with studies and sports. Fast Forward now my enthusiasm is back when I graduated college and when I quit my job - I've been free for like a month and just want to relax. I indulge myself getting back to the trend and now I'm checking the good anime series that I've missed.

Take note though that your "enthusiasm" to anime may not come back and it happens to most of my friends. When I asked them "Hey Have You watched <insert title here" They'll just reply, "Sorry Bro I haven't watched an Anime series for like <insert year here>". Some have discovered a new found hobby or interest but if watching Anime is really your interest then you won't have problem getting back

What this person says is absolutely correct ^

Perhaps maybe you have another hobbie that has taken up your time? I know for times that i get into a video game mode, and i start playing some really awesome games that i love and i stop watching anime for a while. One time i did that and was juggling college at the same time with friends, i stopped watching anime for quite a while. It happened's to everyone not just you. My friend actually quite watching anime and im kind of wondering if his taste for the hobby is slowly deterioting now that he has a gf, hes out more and doing other stuff. He still reads some ongoing manga, but he is not nearly as much as an anime viewer as he used to.

Some times life takes over and you got something more important on your mind, going to college, meeting friends, getting involved in the work force, traveling, using your time for another hobby, etc.

Jul 7, 2012 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
That always happens to me! I can go months, even gone years then it comes back :)
Jul 7, 2012 6:02 PM
Jul 2018
I know what you mean somewhat! But motivation isn't usually the key for me, it's more like I'm way too picky with anime. Every time I finish a really good series I loved, I get depressed since there's not going to be another one like it so I feel like no others can measure up.

I want a series that makes me want to watch the next one right away, but I guess I'm too picky.
Jul 7, 2012 9:29 PM

Feb 2012
Move onto those chick flicks and american dramas. That will bring you back to anime land.
Jul 7, 2012 10:08 PM

Jun 2012
I guess i only feel that way when i'm watching something crappy, heh? If i know i watching something good i set my self up if i was at a movie theater . Makes it all the more enjoyable and rememorable.
Jul 7, 2012 10:46 PM

Aug 2008
Otikat said:

maybe you have grown tired of it?

but reading manga and watching anime all day is boring.. (Being a NEET and all) i mean I want to change my life but haven't got the opportunity to..
My Grandmother Always said.. He who walks through the path of heaven will rule over everything..

Jul 8, 2012 8:06 AM

Apr 2011
This video motivates me to do anything.

Or you could just take a break
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.