Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2008 10:48 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WATCHED THE RAW.SUB IS NOT OUT :3
So a 40 minutes long ova with circa 6 short stories.

1.the first one is about Cherry(?) the dog of minami. It was really funny how Patricia scold him as Baka inu^^, or yukata playing with him and then beating up hiyori.

2.then its about tsukasa, kuroi sensei, kagami and konata playing a mmorpg. laughed at tsukasa, because she dont know how to play the game at all^^, for example eating while they are fighting or typing without being in chatmode.

3.The tale of cinderella^^, featuring konata as witch and kagami as a princess. i nearly laughed nonstop XD, transforming to miku, the broken wand etc. dont get the last sentence what she has to say for her to wake up, so i have to wait for the subs.

4.Now a great story about a volleyball match. Tsukasa shown some great courage, but her crying made one sad~~ what a pity for her last strike, but i laughed though XD

5.The 4 of them are now on a camping day i guess, but through konatas help they were lost^^ they began to tell ghost stories and sharing their foods, till konatas phone rang and they gathered at the destination, got scolded by kuroi though.it was still a entertaining trip.

6.not really a short story, the 4 are going to a pet shop and then they met tamama and keroro. after this they transform into frogs themself.

the last scene is from the tencho, he saw the legendary girl A and opened a shop full of rare items in the virtual world but it seem that konata was sleeping^^.
Then they end it with a live action lucky channel.

After all a really great OVA, totally awesome to watch konata again, enjoyed it really.
hope there will be more episodes. Now i want a 2nd season ><

Sep 25, 2008 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Even when it was supposed to air tomorrow, there are RAWs out there.

I didn't pay too much attention while watching this, but there were a lot of hilarious references, the length of 40 min makes this OVA worth a lot. Gonna rewatch this tomorrow already lol^^

I don't think there will be a second season, but some more episodes of the OVA (wasn't it supposed to have 3 eps?).
Sep 25, 2008 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
HoaRy said:
Even when it was supposed to air tomorrow, there are RAWs out there.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, it's Sept. 26th in Japan.
Sep 25, 2008 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Could not resist on rewatching it already xD
It will take some more watches until I get most references.

It is the 26th in Japan by now, but that torrent was released at 13:43 Greenwich time, whats including encoding and uploading clearly one day too early.

Highlights:
+Patty: "ZETSUBOU SHITAA"
+Yu-chan is too moe playing with Cherry-chan.

+Kagamin's reason to play the online game xD and the chat in the game itself
+Tsukasa opening any window until she manages to chat
+Pizza-la shield orz
+Nanakon levelling the whole Golden Week alone

+Kagamin's dream is hilarious. Tsundere ftw. All clothes fit her: Maid, Miko, Tousaka Rin, Hatsune Miku.
+King Misao becomes excited hearing Kagami is a Tsundere.
+Tsukasa's face when Kagami "wakes up"..

How come that High School girls play volleyball at such a high level? This was a well part featuring some references I don't know, but Tsukasa was cute.
+Tsukasa falling into the net

+Konata calling Miyuki "Mi-WIKI" (you know if you ever watched L*S videos on NicoNico)

+Shiraishi: "Watashi wa ZERO!"
+Keroro Gunsou
+WAWAWA
+Anime Tenchou trying to sell asleep-AFK konakona his stuff
+seiyuu-Lucky Channel :)
+Shiraishi with "Yaranaika" on his tie
Sep 25, 2008 2:10 PM

Sep 2008
Terrible, as usual.
Sep 25, 2008 2:13 PM

Sep 2008
And god damn it, why doesn't this site use Japan's timezone for checking whether the show has aired or not. ):<
Sep 25, 2008 4:45 PM

Feb 2008
kvte said:
And god damn it, why doesn't this site use Japan's timezone for checking whether the show has aired or not. ):<

OVAs don't air: you need to go to the store and buy them.

From other animes that show Akihabara, I can just imagine the piles of Otaku trying to get their hands on a copy

Sep 25, 2008 6:32 PM

Nov 2007
Hm I thought the OVA was suppose to come out the 29th oh well. Kudos. Watching the episode right now.
\
Sep 26, 2008 3:57 AM

Mar 2007
kvte said:

troll...

Anyways this website is based in California so its all in California time... deal with it.

OMFG more Lucky Star is always win!! ...i too watched the raw, and ill probably end up watching the sub about 3 times and up buying the dvd when it comes out.

sketch 1 (MINAMI sketch)... fav part was PATTY trying to play with Cherry >_< "baka inu" "maga inu" "mega baka inu" WHAAHahaha. Then Yutaka singing to cherry insanely cute. Hiyori's and cherry's reactions were classic. Reminded me of my dogs.
Emo Minami is awesome.

sketch 2 (mmorpg sketch)... OMFG Konata, Hirragi twins, and sensei all playing in an mmorpg :P wish i could play that game. Basically they're talking about jokes between real life and game life. ...i couldnt understand most of the jokes since my japanese isnt good AT ALL.
I did love the sound effects tsukasa and konata makes. I did get the joke about leveling up in a game and deciding what to do with the points. The joke about game rental items kinda hit me too. Guurreya!!

sketch 3 (KAGAMI sketch)... muri-dayo! Kagami got left at home while the other girls went out. Didnt know where they were going, went to watch a scary movie? i unno. Anyways konata came over to mess with kagami. LOL fantasy sketch becomes obvious when konata starts using magic. LOL at the rin and Hatsune cosplay >_< i was laughign SOOOOOO hard!!!!!! Extra points on how konata couldnt bring Kagami back to normal because her paper wand broke. hilarious how tsukasa was surprised how kagami ended up sleeping.

sketch 4 (TSUKASA sketch)... volleyball sketch. Misao's voice is so friggin awesome. Konata's "super-ultra-mania-miracle-eccentric-special-serve" was the only thing i TRULY understood in its entirety and it was classic konata-ism. OMFG and tuskasa getting pegged in the face misao-style was too goddamn MOEEEEE!!!!!!! Then misao burning her back up again to tell her she could be better than her bigger sister was pretty cute too. "puts-para-ipi-ITAII~~" (i know i butchered her line ...sue me)

Sketch 5 (MIYUKI sketch)... Konata ends up getting the gang lost in the woods during a field trip. Miyuki ends up trying to use her cellphone but they have no service. And then Konata ends up making fun of Kagami's grumbling stomach. Leave it to Miyuki to even up 3 cookies for the group to share. Tsukasa then talks about using stars as a compass and everyone is surprised by her knowledge. Shortly after, Konata teases Tsukasa with some camp stories and Tsukasas expressions are just pure win. Sketch ends with Kuroi calling the group and spoiling them.

Sketch 6 (Konata sketch)... dunno about the animation style in this, or the sound muffler on their conversation. I'm pretty much lost on this sketch but its obvious they're knocking off abunch of anime on this one. Zetsubou Sensei scene cuts, the shop keeper saying "I am ZERO!!" from Code Geass. They bought a gero gero Sgt. Frog and i cant remember what tama tama was but it feels like that was from xxxHolic (someone help me on that one). Then the tama and gero frogs got like a SatKon (paranoia agent, paprika) face warp. And the episode ends with Shirashi singing some song.

Sketch 7 (Anisawa/shop keeper sketch)... Anisawa meets konata in the mmorpg, and tries do dual her. But its obvious she's afk LMAO. Real short sketch.

Sketch 8 (LUCKY CHANNERU!!)... Live action akira! God she's so damn pretty :(
Her cosplay and "acting" is hilarious. Its obvious she cant act as angry as anime Akira. God damn shirashi stealing the show... but still hilarious with his obvious homage to Shinichi WATANABE. She does scream alot that might be annoying to some but i loved it. Goddamn akira's seiyu, Konno Hiromi, is cute. They talk hella fast to understand... "SPAATO!!"

...disclaimer i had to look up some words since im soo noobish at watching raws, but i think i got most of the jokes i explained. for sketch 7, i didnt know if he was selling her stuff or trying to dual with her.
RanivusSep 26, 2008 4:00 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Sep 26, 2008 5:03 AM

Jun 2007
great stuff!! volley ball match and MMORPG bit was my favourite!
Live action Lucky Channel was so awesome, Shiraishi had me laughing from the moment he appeared. I can't believe he did the "Staff" shout (which is a gag by comedian Kano Eikou watch around 1.17)
Best thing I've watched in awhile, hopefully they'll make second season
Sep 26, 2008 6:02 AM

Sep 2008
Godel said:
OVAs don't air: you need to go to the store and buy them.
From other animes that show Akihabara, I can just imagine the piles of Otaku trying to get their hands on a copy

I am fully aware of this, the point is, it was out in japan, but because this site doesn't use Japan's timezone for checking release dates, I was not able to add it to my list properly until today. You inadvertently brought up a good point though, this site needs to have CONTEXT SENSITIVE VOCABULARY so that it can automagically change 'aired' to 'released'.

And learn what a troll is, Wasted_Life. I bet you go to 4chongs, don't you.
Sep 26, 2008 12:43 PM

Apr 2008
Loved Lucky channel.. "YOU ARE SHOCK"

Didn't anyone get the Jetstream attack Kona tried to do in the volleyball match?

I'm sure I missed out a few references, but heres what I got:

Zetsubou sensei
Zero no tsukaima (Patty saying Bakainu XDDD)
Fate stay night
Vocaloids
Gundam
Macross
Keroro
Code Geass
(Maybe the petshop is a parody of petshop of horrors or something? Never seen it)
Hokuto no Ken (YOU ARE SHOCK)

and most likely more...

EDIT: Forgot they did a Hare hare yukai parody in the game...
Sep 26, 2008 4:41 PM

Nov 2007
God, I lol'd so hard during the Keroro scene.

Loved all the parodies, especially "Watashi wa Zero!"

I shall rewatch once the fansub will come out.

10/10

edit:
I decided to do fanart for it: http://sonicspin2.deviantart.com/art/lucky-star-ova-99089072

ternalnodoreiSep 26, 2008 11:01 PM
Sep 26, 2008 5:38 PM

Aug 2008
What! i thought it'll be air tommorrow (9/27/08).
Tell me were you saw it..... in website/where you got the RAW file?
I want to see it!
.....I'M NOT A PERFECT GIRL.....
Sep 27, 2008 11:18 AM

Mar 2008
just wondering...do we need any background from the original series to watch this?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2008 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
kaminakun said:
just wondering...do we need any background from the original series to watch this?

Not really, given the TV series is pretty much slice of life without any connecting plot.

Sep 27, 2008 1:46 PM

May 2008
I liked it. Tsukasa in the RPG was great, just like you'd expect from her.
Sep 27, 2008 2:25 PM

May 2008
Oh God how I missed this show.
Why didn't this show get five seasons?;_;

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 27, 2008 3:20 PM
Apr 2008
after not seeing this in like 2 years, it gets very entertaining. the best part was the rpg parts (lawled hard when tenchou was there)
Sep 27, 2008 3:29 PM

Feb 2008
I really enjoined this. The wait was worth it. How I just love the Hiiragi twins. So cute. Especially Kagami. Just loved her as Miku and the other few quick costumes.

I think the RPG, Dream and volleyball were my favorite parts.

Sep 27, 2008 4:20 PM

Aug 2008
Aww... I just remembered why I love Kagami so much.

Anyways, wonderful OVA! Only part I didn't really like was the pet shop one... even for LS, that was TOO random, with the guy suddenly declaring himself to be Zero.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 27, 2008 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
It was pretty decent.

That Gero and Tama scene was pretty damn funny.

And I loved all of the MMORPG bits. Kuroi-sensei is awesome.

And so is Misao, her making Tsukasa find her resolve was funny. One of those "My blood's boiling" moments
Sep 27, 2008 5:26 PM

Dec 2007
The last scene (with Tenchou) was hilarious. XD
Sep 27, 2008 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
oh man i lold many times.

heaven has abandoned us!
Sep 28, 2008 5:08 AM
Aug 2007
Started off great but then ended rather weakly. I couldn't bear to watch the live action Lucky Channel.

Made me completely forget that this is the girls' last year at school.
Sep 28, 2008 5:16 AM

Jan 2008
The sub was great :D

I just loved it when konata said: "press enter tsukasa" that was hilarious!
I really hope there is more to come!!
Also. volleyball resolve / tekororo FTW
~de Arimasu
Sep 28, 2008 5:21 AM

Aug 2008
Hahaha I didn't laugh so much in a while ..
especially Cinderella ending and Tencho : "AFK ?"
Lucky Star definately needs a new season !
Sep 28, 2008 6:20 AM

May 2008
Well that certainly ruled. My favorite segment was probably either the MMORPG one or the pet shop one. From the very first frame in the pet shop one I was like "why the hell is Akiyuki Shinbo directing Lucky Star?" and sure enough it turned out to be a parody on artsy directing with a bunch of rather amusing references thrown in.
Sep 28, 2008 6:34 AM

Nov 2007
This was great!! So many references, I loved it. Some were really hard to catch. Until I read this I was wondering why Konata called Miyuki "Miwiki".

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Sep 28, 2008 8:11 AM
Sep 2008
This OVA is nothing, if you compare to the series. I could only laugh about three times while watching this.
Sep 28, 2008 8:58 AM

May 2008
The series was better than the OVA.
But come on, we were starved for some Lucky Star.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 28, 2008 9:25 AM

Jun 2007
guyklc said:
Aww... I just remembered why I love Kagami so much.

My fav part was the volleyball one. A PFFFFFFFFFT came out when Tsukasa failed xD that was pretty funny :9

It was good but it felt as if something was missing :/ ....
Sep 28, 2008 9:26 AM

Jul 2008
I watched it at around one in the morning (forgot to update it), so I was especially loopy, but that was pretty awesome. Not compared to the series of course, but it satisfied my taste nonetheless.

All the references were win. And the MMORPG part was pure awesome. Lucky Channel was amusing as well.

WAWAWAWA...
Sep 28, 2008 9:32 AM

Feb 2008
great ova...misses all the characters in lucky star so much! makes me want more lucky star! ~~the RPG part is my favourite too ^-^ anyway which zero is that pet shop guy referring to? zero from code geass?

Sep 28, 2008 9:59 AM

Dec 2007
I thought it was pretty good, definitely wouldn't mind a second season of this show.

#NBHNC
Sep 28, 2008 10:31 AM

Jun 2008
wtf happened at the end >_>

I was kind of hoping for something more meaningful; i mean, it sort of feels like they didnt take it that seriously.

anyway, it's still good.
Sep 28, 2008 12:48 PM

May 2008
Tappikas subs were okayish, not great and too bad Lucky Channels not included.

Thought it was nice. Had some good laughs just like the series.
Sep 28, 2008 12:57 PM

Aug 2007
Hahah that was great.
The references and slice of life-ness was amazing.
Though I didn't really like the "frog" bit since that just left me with a "wtf" face.

A worth 8/10 but not that great to be a 9 since that part just killed it.
Sep 28, 2008 1:11 PM

Sep 2007
Loved the show and all the parodies in it (especally the Code Geass one)

Though, it needs more Kagamiku -_-
Sep 28, 2008 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
Nodoka and Yue from Negima as Kagami's team mates in the volleyball match was awesome.

great OVA 9/10
Sep 28, 2008 2:14 PM

Aug 2008
Since i now saw it....... it was awsome, I ♥ Lucky Star, and yeah it have 6 mini stories and i really like the "Cinderella version", antway it was worth waiting!
.....I'M NOT A PERFECT GIRL.....
Sep 28, 2008 3:16 PM

Jan 2008
hmmm but the AFK szene was the last so .... AFK ??? at the end just AFK ??? ....
does that mean she will be back ??? XD

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Sep 28, 2008 4:24 PM

Aug 2008
Watched it with subs, but not great subs, so I will rewatch it, and with no pinchi!!!
it was so funny that I would rewatch it many times ^w^
Keroro scene was so lol
and Kagami dream was my fav part x3
Miyuki and Tsukasa scnes were Fun too
絶対大丈夫だよ

Sep 28, 2008 4:27 PM

Apr 2008
This was awesome, I sure missed Lucky Star.
Sep 28, 2008 5:38 PM
Sep 28, 2008 8:37 PM

Mar 2008
Watashi wa ZERO! lots of good references, and it was about time to see Kagami dressed up as Tohsaka Rin and Hatsune Miku. also, Tsukasa's reaction to what she says in her sleep was pretty priceless. also, Tsukasa completely fails at MMO's, much to my amusement. definitely lucky star, and entertaining. good stuff
Sep 28, 2008 8:41 PM
Mar 2008
Damn, loved it, missed them so much, I shat myself and I want more.
Sep 28, 2008 8:47 PM

Mar 2008
littlebluetotoro said:
anyway which zero is that pet shop guy referring to? zero from code geass?

the one and only :) the delivery was pretty spot on too...
Sep 29, 2008 12:38 AM

Mar 2008
Kagami as Hatsune Miku <3

Funny how everyone went with the Cinderella thing, thinking that Kagami is just being tsundere

Best part:
online gaming and Cinderella
Sep 29, 2008 12:49 AM

Mar 2007
XDDD the OVA is better the i anticipated

shiraishi:"watashi wa zero,i have returned" and the online gaming was the best
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dub when?

Topkek_XD - May 9, 2016

3 by MrYandereFan26 »»
Feb 1, 2023 9:25 AM

» What did Kagami said when she woke up? SPOILER

Advyn - Aug 2, 2009

24 by removed-user »»
Dec 18, 2019 12:35 PM

» Cross-anime references have left me in despair!

Masadachan - Aug 19, 2010

2 by D-ohnuts »»
Nov 11, 2015 1:46 PM

» The OVA has been licensed!

desolato - Mar 14, 2009

5 by KidRyan »»
Jan 6, 2010 3:12 AM

» Lucky Star X D

AnimeRuS - Feb 3, 2009

2 by asandari »»
Feb 3, 2009 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.