Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2012 6:39 PM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And Ikki always save the day!
Oct 30, 2017 2:51 PM
Apr 2017
I can't believe Ikki is gonna save Shun AGAIN! I thought Shun had become stronger, but it seems I was wrong
Apr 12, 2018 3:15 AM

Jun 2016
I genuinely liked Fenrir, Thor, Mime and Hagen, but Alberich well having a cool backstory was lazily written and dragged out and Syd has been unbearably boring. All I could really extract from him was that he was fighting for Asgard's glory and he cared about his land. Apart from that he didn't offer much at all, if you would even count that. At least Shun kind of beat Syd, of course with the help of Shaina and the excusably moral support from Ikki. Even the way he won wasn't something to write home about. That may have to do with my subs though, it seems he redirected the cold air that was going as far to invalidate his chain into his Nebula Storm and took him out that way. It's cool in concept but I'll forget about that by tomorrow.

Syd/Bado reminds me of Saga, just as two different people rather than two personalities in the same body. If we learn about him then maybe it will make Syd a little less boring. I do think the concept of having your 'shadow' follow you and protect you yet be unknown to even you is interesting.

It seems Bado gave Syd the illusion that he was the one who beat Aldeberan and moreover, it means that the Gold Saints aren't that much weaker than God Warriors. The saints have exclaimed that they are the strongest opponents they've faced, Ikki comparing Mime to Saga, but it makes the fact that Aldeberan fell in one blow more tolerable and puts the power levels of these guys into perspective. They're close to the Gold Saints, some are most likely a little stronger as some may be weaker.

And Ikki saves the day. I couldn't help but burst out laughing.
Sep 13, 2021 4:09 AM
Jul 2020
Definitely surprised how good the Asgard saga has become after being so bored by the initial battles (most Seiya fights usually lack the cleverness or substance to sustain my interest ) the last few have really picked up my interest starting with Fenrir and the God warriors continue to gain my respect as worthy opponents. Love how we continue some much needed exposition and backstory with the Gold Knights with the formation of the new armors and with the much wanted return of our fave ladies- Marin and Shaina.

And I can't begin to describe the substance boost this show gets whenever the major female characters get a chance to shine and assert their presence in the plot. Really think the show's overall quality decline noticeably when the Marin and Shaina were taken out of action in Sanctuary saga as they bring a different dynamic to the fights and characterizations of the Knights. I mean was anyone totally euphoric seeing Shaina whip out her trademark Thunder claw? Boy do I miss her fights with Seiya and its sad how we never got any personal resolution with Seiya-Shaina's relationship as well as Seiya|Marin story arc.

Meanwhile, I do get an utter chill with Bud god warrior in his presence and this bout with Ikki will probably be the best yet of the Asgard arc...of course it being an Ikki fight that should go without mention.

Finally, I will defend Shun from all the rash remarks he's getting as this guy remains a hidden gem with a unique motivation, diverse arsenal and subtle character that keeps him always unexpected joy when he surprises me in memorable moments in Sanctuary or Asgard. Give him his due, folks or at least appreciate he has more than one stupid move like a certain other saint.
Mar 22, 2023 1:22 PM
Dec 2013
Holy shit! Shaina was so cool and badass in this episode. She is officially my favourite Saint Seiya character.
Jun 24, 2023 1:26 AM

Dec 2016
As much as I'm a huge fan of this filler arc as a whole, this is the only one I always felt disappointed by and never fully liked. For my liking, Syd was just too easily (and quickly) beaten by Shun despite being sold as one of the most formidable and fearsome God Warriors of the seven, along Siegfried. It just didn't feel right.
Apr 2, 11:27 PM

Nov 2015
ugh there's soo much stuff wrong with this episode 1/5.

đź’˘

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.