Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2012 12:13 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ryoko can be such a b**ch, but she still one of my favorite Tenchi characters, I just hope she doesn't wind up alone at the end (assuming there isn't a harem ending of course).
Nov 24, 2012 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
Watched the dub of this when it aired on Toonami years ago.
Now I'm watching the subs and realize I don't remember a thing from before.

But yeah, it was a pretty good episode to start the series.
Tenchi is how old exactly? It's not even stated in the episode.
And he burned the WHOLE school down?
What's he going to do now?
Nov 24, 2012 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
Also, I love the Ryoko/Tenchi pairing already!
Nov 24, 2012 10:15 PM

Feb 2008
barelyalive said:
Tenchi is how old exactly? It's not even stated in the episode.?
I don't think they ever say, but I always assumed 15-16.
Nov 27, 2012 10:40 PM

Mar 2009
Great start! I like the changes they made from the OVA, and I love the pacing. It got right to it from the start.

I'm excited to see where they take this version, and if Tenchi will play a similar part in it as he did in the OVA.

Urahara Out!!
Aug 26, 2015 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
This is were Ryoko the pirate crashes to Earth chased by that blonde girl, the Galatic cop, who looks a lot like the blonde from Mayo Chiki without the wolf ears, I have to get her name.
Aug 22, 2016 1:25 PM

Mar 2014
Definitely one of my favorite shows! I think I actually like Tenchi Muyou TV (Tenchi Universe in the US) better than the original OVA, but only a little bit more ^_-*. Good episode pretty funny! Ryoko and Mihoshi are both awesome. Though they kinds dumbed down Mihoshi in this show. My favorite part was when Tenchi was complaining about boarding up the house to defend it from the "evil space pirate" and then Noboyuki (Tenchi's Dad) tell him to "Always put off to tomorrow what you can do today!... oh wait that didn't come out right..." XD XD XD

Its a great start to a good anime! Tenchi is a large part of my past and will always forever be one of my fave's!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2018 4:15 AM
Jun 2016
Just seen episode 1...looks interesting

(Watching this anime on recomendation).
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
May 20, 2019 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
Man, I haven't seen this show since I saw it on Toonami back in the early 2000s. I remember this being on pretty frequently next to DBZ and Sailor Moon. Finally giving this a full watch since I've watched the OVAs like a year ago and enjoyed them.

This was very nostalgic to watch. I love the goofy humor and animation style. I love how 90s anime look and feel, I can't quite put my finger on what it is that I find so charming about it. Again, that's probably nostalgia, haha.

Fun first episode, can't wait to watch the rest of the series.
Jun 23, 2019 9:02 PM

Aug 2016
Finished the 90s ovas wich were actually enjoyable but had a wierd pacing,was more fun when it was about the harem and not the villians, and didnt explain some stuff properly. This one looks promising and the fact Im already familiar with the main characters helps even more.

And the op is fantastic!
MichaelJacksonJun 25, 2019 2:46 PM
:v
Jul 16, 2021 8:36 AM

Nov 2017
Mayne, when was the last time I saw this? Idk so that's why a fella is re-watching it lol. One of the things I like about Tenchi in general is how the aesthetic is so Asian/Japanese y'know? There's outer space and I like that stuff too, but everything from the OP to the main protagonist is at its core Japanese.

Ryoko is the first woman Tenchi meets. And she's already forward and playful lol. Mihoshi is such an airhead, but the camera made sure to get an ass shot. With these two, you can already tell what roles they'll be playing from the first episode.

&++ that ED is nice. Golly, Ryoko, sing it girl!
Oct 24, 2021 9:13 PM
Sep 2010
Is mihoshi the worst cop ever? yes she is but she's hilarious. cant believe its been over 18 years since i lasts aw this show. its been too long. on the plus side i dont remember a thing about it lol

this was a great start
Aug 13, 2022 5:18 PM
Nov 2019
Great show, gotta watch the rest of this franchise.
Mar 22, 2023 3:27 AM

Sep 2017
space pirate is sooo seductive in nature.

yeahhh baby. thats the stuff.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Episode 9 Discussion

Artlieis - Aug 26, 2014

7 by Seabury »»
Jul 2, 2023 11:33 PM

» Do watch by release date

Mustytaco29 - May 31, 2023

4 by Salty-GB »»
May 31, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » Tenchi Universe Episode 26 Discussion

greenmarty - May 29, 2011

10 by nomad8 »»
Apr 30, 2023 11:13 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Episode 25 Discussion

Artlieis - Oct 2, 2014

6 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Episode 24 Discussion

Artlieis - Sep 25, 2014

7 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 29, 2023 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.