Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2008 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just saw this RAW. Wow amazing episode once again! I will start with two things understood: 1. WAY TO GO ALTO! Finally deciding to spend eternity with Sheryl with the SERIOUS TONE! 2. I AM SO PROUD OF ALTO FOR FINALLY MAKING THE DECISION TO KILL RANKA! Kill her Alto and BURN HER TO ASHES!

So many thing emotions....going nuts. One thing related to Ranka I liked: HER MOM IS HOT! MILF? :P At least her mother is way more mature than her! ONCE AGAIN RANKA'S MOTHER IS HOT!

Love the dinner and evening that Alto has with Sheryl. Sheryl should cool down on the alcohol cause Alto is shocked about her consumption.

Apparently Ranka is like the queen Bee and the Vajra her hive. O_O KILL HER! SHE IS THE QUEEN! To my knowledge in bees if you kill the queen then it's over. The rest of the colony is confused enough to be killed. Also Ranka is also part of the network that brings Vajra together.

Grace is piece of shit for using Ranka and quite possibly making her brother into a cyborg! I know Brera used to be human at least. I am also not sure if it was his decision to be a cyborg.

Klan is surprisingly cool now but still has memories of Michael, guess I got some of those when she reminded herself of Michael. He really still is and was THE BEST SNIPER IN MACROSS FRONTIER. No one has his skills.

I was right about the Vajra being not trust worthy----->AI GRABBING RANKA TO DRAG HER!? O_O That is tentacle aggression I believe. On top of that there is a high instability in her body at the end of this episode...it looks like her body may be ripped apart! Ranka please go R.I.P. ASAP!

Next episode...Sheryl is going to sing FULL BLAST with her dress that is shown in the ED. It's going to be the battle of the century! DON'T MISS OUT!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 11, 2008 1:52 PM

Mar 2008
Ranka's mom = hot = agree (well..at least much better than Ranka...in fact her mom looks a bit like Sheryl...with green hair)

Why is Sheryl crying at the end when she heard Alto say he'll kill Ranka??
KaminaKaiSep 11, 2008 2:41 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2008 3:03 PM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:
Ranka's mom = hot = agree (well..at least much better than Ranka...in fact her mom looks a bit like Sheryl...with green hair)

You know one answer that comes to me is probably cause she has feelings but that's about it. Anything else = to ????
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 11, 2008 3:05 PM
Jun 2007
the quality of the available raw was pretty horrible so I'll just watch the entire thing when a better one comes along. but I did watch the first few minutes and ZOMFG!!!1! Maaya Sakamoto as Ransha Mei. I think i might just raise my rating of this show by a point. xD
Sep 11, 2008 5:29 PM

Mar 2008
sorry for my stupidity....who is Ransha Mei?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2008 6:38 PM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:

Ransha Mei? Where did you hear that one?
Sep 11, 2008 7:17 PM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:
kaminakun said:

Avarice's 2nd last line..."Maaya Sakamoto as Ransha Mei."
Sep 11, 2008 7:19 PM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:
kaminakun said:

You know one answer that comes to me is probably cause she has feelings but that's about it. Anything else = to ????

I think it is something else...I think Klan mentioned that Ranka is still the one that Alto loves most (so Sheryl cry cuz she know she isn't Alto's love)
Sep 11, 2008 7:34 PM

Mar 2008
taken from random curiosity

"...it probably hurts as well to overhear Alto say that everything he did (joining the SMS and fighting) was for Ranka and that he would kill Ranka if she were used as a tool of the Vajra (which Kuran thinks is a sign of his love) - things just can’t go right for her" (Sheryl in this case).

I guess that's why Sheryl cried at the end...damn Alto, u better shoot down Ranka and live your life out with Sheryl or I'll tear you apart

*getting more emotional here*
if the director is making ANOTHER Misa x Hikaru instead of Minmei x Hikaru, I swear I'll discard all the Macross series once and for all...god bless you Sheryl
KaminaKaiSep 11, 2008 7:51 PM
Sep 11, 2008 8:02 PM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:
taken from random curiosity

"...it probably hurts as well to overhear Alto say that everything he did (joining the SMS and fighting) was for Ranka and that he would kill Ranka if she were used as a tool of the Vajra (which Kuran thinks is a sign of his love) - things just can’t go right for her" (Sheryl in this case).

I guess that's why Sheryl cried at the end...damn Alto, u better shoot down Ranka and live your life out with Sheryl or I'll tear you apart

*getting more emotional here*
if the director is making ANOTHER Misa x Hikaru instead of Minmei x Hikaru, I swear I'll discard all the Macross series once and for all...god bless you Sheryl

Yeah I definitely want Ranka to be killed and Alto with Sheryl living their lives with kids. ^_^ I am sure they would a great family!
Sep 12, 2008 4:58 AM

Mar 2008
unfortunately that doesn't seem very likely
Sep 12, 2008 6:26 AM

Oct 2007
kaminakun said:

She heard part of his conversation with Klan which led her to believe that he loves Ranka and confirmed with herself that he is staying with her out of pity.

Sheryl talking to Luca "Don't pity me, I might take advantage of that kindness"

Now I guess you can say she was taking advantage of Alto's kindness earlier on.. in a way.

So than she overhears part of a conversation and she thinks to herself, I knew it he is staying with me out of pity. It's just a misunderstanding but unlike Ranka, Sheryl admirably pulled herself together very quickly.
Sep 12, 2008 6:52 AM

Jul 2008
Westlo said:
kaminakun said:

She heard part of his conversation with Klan which led her to believe that he loves Ranka and confirmed with herself that he is staying with her out of pity.

Sheryl talking to Luca "Don't pity me, I might take advantage of that kindness"

Now I guess you can say she was taking advantage of Alto's kindness earlier on.. in a way.

So than she overhears part of a conversation and she thinks to herself, I knew it he is staying with me out of pity. It's just a misunderstanding but unlike Ranka, Sheryl admirably pulled herself together very quickly.

Wow, I am really impressed by your detailed analyzing. If that is so then what I said earlier on applies even more. If she felt like that then her mentality can be: I know people feel pity for me but I want to give them back more...kind of like that, however I believe such a exertion might have lead to other complications mainly mental and physical perhaps even disease contribution growth (making the virus react faster due to exterior elements).

Just a opinion of mines.
Sep 12, 2008 7:04 AM

Oct 2007
She refused to take the medicine pill this episode so her fold waves will be stronger against the Varja, in other words she's sacrificing herself for the Frontier fleet.
Sep 12, 2008 10:30 AM

Mar 2008
Westlo said:
She refused to take the medicine pill this episode so her fold waves will be stronger against the Varja, in other words she's sacrificing herself for the Frontier fleet.

the pills can only control the decease from spreading within her right (prolong her life a little?)

so at this rate she'll die faster?
Sep 12, 2008 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
Westlo said:
kaminakun said:

so what is the entire conversation about then if she only heard "part" of it....or more precisely...does Alto really love Ranka more than Sheryl?
Sep 12, 2008 12:49 PM
Jun 2007
angel999 said:
kaminakun said:

She the woman (Ranka's mom) Grace was conversing with at the beginning of the episode, one of the 3 people conducting the experiments from 11 years ago.
avrcSep 12, 2008 3:01 PM
Sep 12, 2008 1:35 PM

Sep 2008
I think Alto won't end up with anyone now :(
Sep 12, 2008 3:05 PM
Jun 2007
MelodyoftheStars said:
I think Alto won't end up with anyone now :(

the fallen airplane that Sheryl threw doesn't go well with me. its an menacing sign that she might meet a tragic end.
Sep 12, 2008 3:14 PM

Oct 2007
Look you can foreshadow a characters death... but when it comes to Sheryl this is way overboard... I have a feeling Ranka connecting to the hivemind will somehow be a way for Sheryl to be cured, maybe the cells infecting her have on/off switches that she can turn off so the disease regresses?

the pills can only control the decease from spreading within her right (prolong her life a little?)

Yes she'll die faster, the closer she gets to dying the stronger her foldwaves will become which will allow her to affect the Varja better so she can protect Frontier. It's Self-sacrifice.

does Alto really love Ranka more than Sheryl?

I don't think so but we'll find out in 2 weeks time anyway, it's not uncommon for male leads to have feelings for both girls in the triangle, it's why they get so indecisive in the first place right? lol.

Sep 12, 2008 3:40 PM

Mar 2008
agreed...
btw Westlo, I love your sig

can you make a Sheryl banner for me ;P
Sep 12, 2008 5:22 PM

Jul 2008
Westlo said:
Look you can foreshadow a characters death... but when it comes to Sheryl this is way overboard... I have a feeling Ranka connecting to the hivemind will somehow be a way for Sheryl to be cured, maybe the cells infecting her have on/off switches that she can turn off so the disease regresses?

Yes she'll die faster, the closer she gets to dying the stronger her foldwaves will become which will allow her to affect the Varja better so she can protect Frontier. It's Self-sacrifice.

I don't think so but we'll find out in 2 weeks time anyway, it's not uncommon for male leads to have feelings for both girls in the triangle, it's why they get so indecisive in the first place right? lol.

I still believe Alto might do something to save Sheryl..self-sacrifice? Leon is damn dirty if he thinks like that. I hope for a MIRACLE.

At this rate I agree that Alto might lose both of them. The lesson in this case would be in caps: IF ONE CANNOT DECIDE UPON SOMETHING....ONE MAY LOSE BOTH THINGS!
Sep 12, 2008 8:10 PM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:
Westlo said:

I still believe Alto might do something to save Sheryl..self-sacrifice? Leon is damn dirty if he thinks like that. I hope for a MIRACLE.

At this rate I agree that Alto might lose both of them. The lesson in this case would be in caps: IF ONE CANNOT DECIDE UPON SOMETHING....ONE MAY LOSE BOTH THINGS!

or simply...DON'T BE GREEDY...TAKE ONE AND ONLY ONE...
Sep 12, 2008 8:41 PM

Jul 2008
Sheryl is worth the sacrifice as long as Ranka dies.
Sep 12, 2008 9:56 PM

Jul 2008
sakuko said:
Sheryl is worth the sacrifice as long as Ranka dies.

I agree with this! You forgot to mention Brera dying also but most importantly: DIE GRACE DIE!
Sep 13, 2008 7:21 AM

Mar 2008
Another great episode, Die Ranka!! :D. It looks like Sheryl will die :'(
Grace looks so hot!! In the past
Sep 13, 2008 9:34 AM

Oct 2007
Why does every Macross thread turn into bitching of Rankafags and Sherylfags? I for once want to say that the most annoying character in this story is Alto. He gets supported and loved by everyone for some unknown reason. He sucks almost as much as Makoto does. Notice how both of them were loved by everyone, made everyone believe they are nice guys but they are just attention whores XD Srsly, I had to watch 13 episodes of School Days which has no good plot but with Macross I have to watch 25 episode of good plot constantly getting screwed up by the male lead's crappyness. Instead of hating on Ranka or Sheryl just hate Alto cuz he already didn't pick your favorite after so much of her effort. God hate your favorite too for being so desperately in love with such a retard XD I am a Rankafag myself and I do not wish for Sheryl to die or anything I just wish for both of them to mature and realize that they don't need men to be happy, Ranka x Sheryl ending! Who's with me? XD

Also why would anyone hate Brera? Except if you are a dude and you had a very sexually explicit dream with him cuz of that suit he wears XD
Sep 13, 2008 9:57 AM

May 2008
Awesome episode with some nice tidbits into how the Vajra really operate.

And my 2 cents on the discussion earlier about why Sheryl cried:

It might be as simple as Alto is about to go off and fight when he just told her he wont leave her side "forever". And not only is he going to fight, but he is also going to Ranka.
Sep 13, 2008 10:02 AM

Jul 2008
I can't believe what I just understood when I watched the subbed version. The Vajra being a race that exits as a bacteria class withing the fold waves and it uses this fold waves as a network to communicate through the intestines??? That sounds really sick! Another reason why they should be exterminated!

Well it's good to hear to Brera wil lose his life to protect Ranka, which means he will probably die. Ranka will be used as a sacrificial tool she will die most likely.

I AM PISSED AT ALTO! I understand that his reason to have joined SMS was Ranka and to protect her but to kill her because of love not duty? Alto is supposed to have love for Sheryl yet he is torn with Ranka.....HUMAN EMOTIONS are soooooo still CHAOTIC. In Alto case it seem one side with Sheryl fell in love due to sympathy and care, however the other with Ranka cause of wanting to protect something.

Alto will lose both of them at this rate UNLESS HE DECIDES and even so it MIGHT BE TOO LATE! Another thing that confuses me is why would Sheryl take advantage of Alto's sympathy??? Sheryl WOULD NEVER DO THAT! She really loved Alto. Damn you Vajras for screwing things!

Why would he kill Ranka out of love? This is a mission order not some emotional roller coaster and the PROMISED SHERYL TO BE WITH HER FOREVER! People even say that he stayed for Sheyl but he says it's for fighting.

I also think the diner seemed to be one of those last dinner parody in where you spend the last moments with the most cherished person. The plane at the end also seems to give out bad vibes.

So what reality is this exactly, this whole whole concept of networking Ranka and the Vajras as a end result??? GRACE YOU BITCH DIE! I have a feeling since this is bacteria Ranka will just something that spreads it to destroy all of the Vajras. After all was not Grace annoyed with the Vajras

NEXT BATTLE WILL BE EPIC! THIS WILL BE THE BEST BATTLE OF ALL MACROSS EVER PRODUCED!
Sep 13, 2008 10:07 AM

Jul 2008
Tixy said:
I am a Rankafag myself and I do not wish for Sheryl to die or anything I just wish for both of them to mature and realize that they don't need men to be happy, Ranka x Sheryl ending! Who's with me? XD

This.

Anyway, what Alto is saying at the end comes down a bit to interpretation. 'If she is to become a weapon, I won't allow it.' or is it more, 'She is a weapon, so she must die.' Think of it along the lines of as much as I hate to say it; Code Geass. At least it's R1 I'm speaking of, but if it came down to killing the one you love, or allowing her to be the 'Massacre Princess' and live in infamy, which would you choose?

But 'nuff of that, as stated once in the thread, it's a bloody love triangle, he's gonna have feelings for both, hence the internal conflict and denial. We'll see how it works itself out, or kills everyone. Though, Brera can live, I don't really get the hate either. I mean, he's protecting someone he feels he has a connection to. You wouldn't?

GO SHERYL X RANKA ENDING!

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Sep 13, 2008 10:10 AM

Jul 2008
Tixy said:
Why does every Macross thread turn into bitching of Rankafags and Sherylfags? I for once want to say that the most annoying character in this story is Alto. He gets supported and loved by everyone for some unknown reason. He sucks almost as much as Makoto does. Notice how both of them were loved by everyone, made everyone believe they are nice guys but they are just attention whores XD Srsly, I had to watch 13 episodes of School Days which has no good plot but with Macross I have to watch 25 episode of good plot constantly getting screwed up by the male lead's crappyness. Instead of hating on Ranka or Sheryl just hate Alto cuz he already didn't pick your favorite after so much of her effort. God hate your favorite too for being so desperately in love with such a retard XD I am a Rankafag myself and I do not wish for Sheryl to die or anything I just wish for both of them to mature and realize that they don't need men to be happy, Ranka x Sheryl ending! Who's with me? XD

Also why would anyone hate Brera? Except if you are a dude and you had a very sexually explicit dream with him cuz of that suit he wears XD

Yo! We all hate Brera cause he is a asshole who let himself controlled by a BITCH NAMED GRACE. Ranka's mom on top of that tried to oppose but look----> that did not work out did it.

I DON'T agree on the Sheryl X Ranka ending BUT you might want to consider DOUBLE SUICIDE of Ranka and Sheryl. Thus ALTO LOSING ALL ending.

BTW I saw Schooldays the whole thing RAW DVD. Sorry buddy but Alto IS WAY FAR from Makoto! Makoto can't fight jackshit! On top of that he is a piece of **** that I kill and eat for breakfast. Alto is WAY MORE CULTURED than Makoto.
Sep 13, 2008 10:21 AM

Oct 2007
BTW I saw Schooldays the whole thing RAW DVD. Sorry buddy but Alto IS WAY FAR from Makoto! Makoto can't fight jackshit! On top of that he is a piece of **** that I kill and eat for breakfast. Alto is WAY MORE CULTURED than Makoto.

Yes it is true, Alto is better person then Makoto but like I mentioned School Days is a crap and all the characters in it as well while that is not the case with Frontier. For that reason I can kinda put them on a same level in my head.

We all hate Brera cause he is a asshole who let himself controlled by a BITCH NAMED GRACE.

He is a cyborg with no memories. I assume that he was near death and Grace saved him, gave him that robotic body and controls him. You can see as the story progresses how he starts acting on his own code. But now in the end he had no choice and got reprogrammed :( hope he doesn't die and regains his memories since he'll be fighting against Frontier army or whoever that was on a preview. Also you can say that Sheryl was somewhat controlled by Grace as well. I dunno, I really like Brera's character since he, unlike Alto, has focused most of his time on only one person and sworn to protect her. I think that's quite admirable. (closet fangirl XD)
Sep 13, 2008 10:27 AM

Feb 2008
i still think alto deserves to die more than ranka does. sheryl is just an unfortunate casulty.

whats with the brera angst...he was just a puppet till he heard ranka's song.

it seems humans justify genocide as a means to self preservation. wasnt it the early explorers that took advantage and ultimately destroyed the natives because they wanted the land in the new world? unfortunately even if we ever get ot the point of space colonization, this may very well be the pace of development. humans are quite despicable.
Sep 13, 2008 10:29 AM

Jul 2008
Tixy said:

Yes it is true, Alto is better person then Makoto but like I mentioned School Days is a crap and all the characters in it as well while that is not the case with Frontier. For that reason I can kinda put them on a same level in my head.

We all hate Brera cause he is a asshole who let himself controlled by a BITCH NAMED GRACE.

He is a cyborg with no memories. I assume that he was near death and Grace saved him, gave him that robotic body and controls him. You can see as the story progresses how he starts acting on his own code. But now in the end he had no choice and got reprogrammed :( hope he doesn't die and regains his memories since he'll be fighting against Frontier army or whoever that was on a preview. Also you can say that Sheryl was somewhat controlled by Grace as well. I dunno, I really like Brera's character since he, unlike Alto, has focused most of his time on only one person and sworn to protect her. I think that's quite admirable. (closet fangirl XD)

I just want to say that Brera was Ranka's brother and was human. YOU THINK that he really got transformed into a robot but reprogrammed---->that is true but also do not forget IT IS MANIPULATED BY GRACE. I would not be surprised even if Grace killed Ranka's mother cause she was in the way and did to Brera this control so that she does not have to kill him.

YOUR OPINION PLEASE.
Sep 13, 2008 10:32 AM

Jul 2008
kisami said:
i still think alto deserves to die more than ranka does. sheryl is just an unfortunate casulty.

whats with the brera angst...he was just a puppet till he heard ranka's song.

it seems humans justify genocide as a means to self preservation. wasnt it the early explorers that took advantage and ultimately destroyed the natives because they wanted the land in the new world? unfortunately even if we ever get ot the point of space colonization, this may very well be the pace of development. humans are quite despicable.

Humans despicable? We were not long time ago but now we have become. I WILL TELL YOU A REALITY: there is another RACE that made is despicable but only because they hate those who made us. That's all so think about this.
Sep 13, 2008 10:35 AM

Jul 2008
Brera like Sheryl was likely on the verge of dying, Grace gave him a cyborg body since they were likely on Galaxy, which has no qualms about modifying people to disturbing lengths with cybernetics. Being a cyborg herself, she probably allowed some way to control/manipulate him through her own cybernetics.

Hell, no saying he even needed to consent to such actions. As we see in this episode, Brera launched Ranka off in a capsule as everything was being destroyed, likely by Grace's intentions. Brera was injured here, possibly blacked out, in a coma, something of the sort, who knows? Grace heads to Galaxy, fixes his ass up and voila, you have a cyborg at your control.

My opinion? In short, he can't control jack about what he wants to do, if Grace really wants him to do otherwise. He likely wasn't able to control anything until he heard Aimo by Ranka triggering some form of self-consciousness.

And to go with the other conversation, yeah, mankind has more or less always used genocide as a means of self preservation. It's barbaric, but really how much have we changed? We're young, stupid, and reckless as a species. Just like your 16 year old neighbor with angst out his ass who thinks he can take on the world. While I wouldn't call us despicable, I would say that we have a far ways to come. Fighting is just in our nature, it seems.
BakayaroSep 13, 2008 10:38 AM

Sep 13, 2008 10:40 AM

Oct 2007
I just want to say that Brera was Ranka's brother and was human. YOU THINK that he really got transformed into a robot but reprogrammed---->that is true but also do not forget IT IS MANIPULATED BY GRACE. I would not be surprised even if Grace killed Ranka's mother cause she was in the way and did to Brera this control so that she does not have to kill him.

Yeah all that could be very much possible but still I think that's the bigger reason to hate Grace and not Brera. Brera is just an innocent victim in all that. You cannot really say I hate Brera cuz he is controlled by Grace, it's all happening against his will. You can say that you hate him only if you didn't like the actions he did on his code.

Also forgot to add on my hate for Alto, whole this episode he made me believe that he has chosen Sheryl finally, which made me happy cuz I hoped for Ranka x Brera ending, entirely denying the obvious fact that they are brother and sister XD So yeah whole episode he finally gives off the impression that he's dating Sheryl and doesn't want to leave her side but then plot tweest >.> He wants to kill Ranka and you might argue with me but from what I saw it all looks like he wants to do it cuz he has finally decided that he loves her. So now, Alto has decided on Ranka but don't get your hopes too high Alto x Ranka believers, cuz god knows how much more times he'll change his mind in the last 2 episodes. Hell, I bet he'll even try to comfort Klan cuz of her loss for Michael.
Sep 13, 2008 11:59 AM

Jul 2008
How about we say that everybody should die except for those in supporting roles. ^_^
Sep 13, 2008 12:05 PM

Jul 2008
Bakayaro said:
Brera like Sheryl was likely on the verge of dying, Grace gave him a cyborg body since they were likely on Galaxy, which has no qualms about modifying people to disturbing lengths with cybernetics. Being a cyborg herself, she probably allowed some way to control/manipulate him through her own cybernetics.

Hell, no saying he even needed to consent to such actions. As we see in this episode, Brera launched Ranka off in a capsule as everything was being destroyed, likely by Grace's intentions. Brera was injured here, possibly blacked out, in a coma, something of the sort, who knows? Grace heads to Galaxy, fixes his ass up and voila, you have a cyborg at your control.

My opinion? In short, he can't control jack about what he wants to do, if Grace really wants him to do otherwise. He likely wasn't able to control anything until he heard Aimo by Ranka triggering some form of self-consciousness.

And to go with the other conversation, yeah, mankind has more or less always used genocide as a means of self preservation. It's barbaric, but really how much have we changed? We're young, stupid, and reckless as a species. Just like your 16 year old neighbor with angst out his ass who thinks he can take on the world. While I wouldn't call us despicable, I would say that we have a far ways to come. Fighting is just in our nature, it seems.

You might want to consider despicable again---->murder,rape,abuse,mutilation...aren't those despicable???
Sep 13, 2008 12:08 PM

Jul 2008
Tixy said:

Yeah all that could be very much possible but still I think that's the bigger reason to hate Grace and not Brera. Brera is just an innocent victim in all that. You cannot really say I hate Brera cuz he is controlled by Grace, it's all happening against his will. You can say that you hate him only if you didn't like the actions he did on his code.

Also forgot to add on my hate for Alto, whole this episode he made me believe that he has chosen Sheryl finally, which made me happy cuz I hoped for Ranka x Brera ending, entirely denying the obvious fact that they are brother and sister XD So yeah whole episode he finally gives off the impression that he's dating Sheryl and doesn't want to leave her side but then plot tweest >.> He wants to kill Ranka and you might argue with me but from what I saw it all looks like he wants to do it cuz he has finally decided that he loves her. So now, Alto has decided on Ranka but don't get your hopes too high Alto x Ranka believers, cuz god knows how much more times he'll change his mind in the last 2 episodes. Hell, I bet he'll even try to comfort Klan cuz of her loss for Michael.

Yeah I HATE BRERA cause he did action through GRACE so I hate both of them but anyways I know one is not at fault but I blame him for not resisting more. Most likely this is cause he wanted to live to protect Ranka till the end.

Yeah Alto might comfort Klan but remember that realisitcally he might have gotten already the virus cause he seems pretty ingnorant and also he most likely did it with Sheryl. So with Ranka he did not yet maybe he still wants to save her.

He should stay with the one he did more in love matters than the other one. Ranka is just too loli for him!
Sep 13, 2008 2:24 PM

Mar 2008
I don't really hate anyone in the show except Alto (for being stupid and thinking about Ranka)
Sep 13, 2008 2:29 PM

Dec 2007
in my opinion, i found this ep confusing. 2 more eps left, and the triangle is still open to interpretation.
otherwise, the plot is becoming very interesting indeed. :P

Westlo said:

i sure hope she doesnt die becuase of this

kaminakun said:
so what is the entire conversation about then if she only heard "part" of it....or more precisely...does Alto really love Ranka more than Sheryl?

at first i assumed that alto now likes ranka more....becuase sheryl said so herself (and I got extremely aggravated as a result) but some ppl also argue that this also can mean that alto goes for sheryl in the context of the entire series. (after what happend in ep 22, and the dinner, and everything else....how can Alto NOT like Sheryl more?
Klan goes "is this your love?"
i guess its how it is interpreted.
i personally hope its Sherylx Alto.

still this series seem to point more to Alto's development as a character (from a jerk to a hero who cares about everyone) more than the love triangle, but if alto did change, i find it rather too abrupt to get used to.

But looking at all the other macross series.....its a possibility that Frontier wouldn't have a "happy ending" as everyone hoped for
Sep 13, 2008 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
hard to believe only 2 eps left... it still seems he cares for Ranka more but I hope he ends up with Sheryl although I still think one or both will die.

looking forward to some resolutions with grace's group, leon and the sms.
Sep 13, 2008 4:26 PM
Jan 2008
I'm getting the vibe that both Ranka and Sheryl will die. I think it's pretty much decided that Sheryl is going to die, with her disease at the stage it's at and no cure known, she will most likely pass on and with Ranka, it's more likely she will sacrifice herself then Alto actually killing her because tbh, i don't think Alto has the balls to do so.

If it has to end with Alto getting with someone then i'd prefer a Sheryl x Alto ending, personally i like Sheryl's character and it's development more then Ranka's, but tbh Alto does'nt deserve to be with either.

Sep 13, 2008 5:01 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
angel999 said:
I can't believe what I just understood when I watched the subbed version. The Vajra being a race that exits as a bacteria class withing the fold waves and it uses this fold waves as a network to communicate through the intestines??? That sounds really sick! Another reason why they should be exterminated!

First of all, individual Vajra are not bacterias, they are more like synapses of a neural network. In other words, the Vajra race as a whole is one big conscious "entity", using fold quartz as way of communication. I was trying to stay away from Macross Frontier thread ever since angel999 became obssessed with this series, but that's it, it can't hold back how LOL I am after reading this thread.

This is not personal but angel999, don't you find yourself too busy to read every single post in this thread. I think you basically scared away any members who had a different opinion from you...

Seriously, "exterminate them" because their anatomy makes you sick? What kind of viable reason is that? Most of your posts are full of ranting and YELLING (not to mention that you are behaving immaturally...the fact that you didn't even understand how the Vajra worked is proof enough of that...basically, you hate them even though you didn't understand anything about them...way to go...).

Also, no matter how you hate the Vajras, the humans are AS despicable than them (actually MORE). We still don't know the real motive behind the Vajras (we can't trust the propaganda) while we sorta already know the motive behind humans: exterminate the Vajra in order to TAKE THEIR FOLD QUARTZ from their body. You may argue that it is necessary for the survival of humankind... Wrong: fold quartz is a big breakthrough BUT is it worth the price of annihilating a whole race AND sacrificing many many of your own to get it???? (I mean COME ON, WHO in the right mind would send the WHOLE colony into the enemy's homeworld???)Fold quartz is NOT an essential need. In a sense, the Vajras only wanted to kill the humans as a self-defense.

Also, we mentionned that Ranka is the LINK between humans and Vajras. Who said that this link will only destroy the human race. Who knows, maybe there is still a possibility of coexistence (Imagine if every human can produce fold quartz)

And yes, Alto is one of those annoying characters (much much more annoying than Ranka)

That's it, I don't think I will reply anymore.
*avoids you next time I see you*
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 13, 2008 7:32 PM

Feb 2008
Hmmm...seems like Sheryl is gonna do somthing about Ranka, atleast that what i got from what she said talking to herself at the ending when she heard alto talking.
Sep 13, 2008 8:20 PM

Jul 2008
*edit* Screw it. Wakka is my hero. I should read full threads before responding :(
BakayaroSep 13, 2008 8:25 PM

Sep 14, 2008 4:06 AM

Oct 2007
I was trying to stay away from Macross Frontier thread ever since angel999 became obssessed with this series, but that's it, it can't hold back how LOL I am after reading this thread.

This is not personal but angel999, don't you find yourself too busy to read every single post in this thread. I think you basically scared away any members who had a different opinion from you...

I've noticed how Ranka has more favorites then Sheryl on mal but somehow in each topic I can only see Sherylfags and not one Rankafag so I thought "hell Ranka bashing needs to stop and people should actually start talking about the series for once". I'm glad someone out there agrees with me. Not anything personal from my side as well, I just think that both sides should be able to participate.
Sep 14, 2008 4:27 AM

Oct 2007
Angel came across as a Ranka fan more than Sheryl fan when she/he started posted here.
Sep 14, 2008 4:34 AM

Jul 2008
wakka9ca said:
angel999 said:

First of all, individual Vajra are not bacterias, they are more like synapses of a neural network. In other words, the Vajra race as a whole is one big conscious "entity", using fold quartz as way of communication. I was trying to stay away from Macross Frontier thread ever since angel999 became obssessed with this series, but that's it, it can't hold back how LOL I am after reading this thread.

Seriously, "exterminate them" because their anatomy makes you sick? What kind of viable reason is that? Most of your posts are full of ranting and YELLING (not to mention that you are behaving immaturally...the fact that you didn't even understand how the Vajra worked is proof enough of that...basically, you hate them even though you didn't understand anything about them...way to go...).

Also, no matter how you hate the Vajras, the humans are AS despicable than them (actually MORE). We still don't know the real motive behind the Vajras (we can't trust the propaganda) while we sorta already know the motive behind humans: exterminate the Vajra in order to TAKE THEIR FOLD QUARTZ from their body. You may argue that it is necessary for the survival of humankind... Wrong: fold quartz is a big breakthrough BUT is it worth the price of annihilating a whole race AND sacrificing many many of your own to get it???? (I mean COME ON, WHO in the right mind would send the WHOLE colony into the enemy's homeworld???)Fold quartz is NOT an essential need. In a sense, the Vajras only wanted to kill the humans as a self-defense.

Also, we mentionned that Ranka is the LINK between humans and Vajras. Who said that this link will only destroy the human race. Who knows, maybe there is still a possibility of coexistence (Imagine if every human can produce fold quartz)

And yes, Alto is one of those annoying characters (much much more annoying than Ranka)

That's it, I don't think I will reply anymore.
*avoids you next time I see you*

What? How dare you judge me mere human! Anyways talking about the series. Who said the link will help us? Another race and coexistence? STOP JOKING! At this stage Vajra have expanded their chance and self-defense is the mother of all BS as a excuse! It's like oh he hit me....I have to kill him in self-defense...euh are you stupid Wakka9ca? You think the humans will side with something that kills them even is it justifies...tsk,tsk calling me immature.

Judge yourself mere human for you are assuming too much of what you read and see only. BTW this is not the white House or Moscow embassy so I ain't have to JACK ALL behave unless it is about not respecting the people here then I apologize to anyone.

Maybe if had a better memory you would know that sending the home world is the best option sine Frontier is dying out cause of the island damage. Man are you a FAG Wakka9ca? Cause your thinking is like a 5 year old...full of holes of thoughts that are incomplete. The island damage is beyond recovery so they have little choice now.

Destroy the Vajras because of the way they act? Don't be fool they want to exterminate us then they have to die. The rest are just opinions of mine. Killing the Vajras is a honor to Michael and I uphold this till the END.

No I ain't scaring anyone anyways and YOU STOP JUDGING ME!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lalolan - Dec 24, 2007

116 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.