Forum Settings
Forums

Anime of Little Busters! Officially Announced [Update Apr 3]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 31, 2012 8:52 PM

Aug 2010
Riptos said:
Nachotee said:
mitch3315 said:
Nachotee said:
Again, another extremely overrated VN being made into an anime.

You don't like it don't watch it, just move along and let the rest of us fanniys/girls celebrate this wonderful news.

It's not a matter of liking it or not. It was mediocre (around a 7, I've seen worse, and better, best part of it was probably baseball practice though, that was kinda fun).
But the thing is, it's the worst of Key's VNs. Why not make a Planetarian OVA instead?
Or why not animate something different altogether? Muv luv, sumaga, and quite a few others, still have no adaptation, and it doesn't seem like they will get one. But oh well, maybe kyoani can actually make this better than the VN?

It's a far better game than Clannad was and look at how well received that was when it was adapted. People still swear by After Story as the best anime ever made.

In my opinion as well as many others, Little Busters VN surpasses the Clannad one in every regard so the adaption has a lot to live up to. Refrain if it gets the After Story treatment will easily be in the top 20 on MAL, the story writing from Jun Maeda is awesome in that route.

Definitely.

Little busters is much better then Clannad. I don't see how anyone can say LB is the worst Key VN.
Mar 31, 2012 9:00 PM

Apr 2010
LB is their best IMO. Natsume Kyousuke is a fucking bro.
Mar 31, 2012 9:02 PM

Nov 2010
Am I the only one who are disappointed with the trailer? The animation didn't have any "Key Feel" inside it. I would say that even Kanon and Air who animated years,years ago had better feeling than this and I would pick the original un-animated PV from the game anytime.

Even P.A still can touch it beautifully...Ah well, I hope it's just for the trailer. I will be a bit skeptic if it's A-1 who will animate AB...
Mar 31, 2012 9:06 PM

Apr 2010
The animation is perfectly fine albeit a little too simple.
Mar 31, 2012 9:07 PM

Jun 2010
Finally after a long long waiting! I can't wait any longer.
Mar 31, 2012 9:10 PM

Nov 2010
Solkiskey said:

Nah, IMO too simple isn't feels like Key at all (especially for lightning effects). Actually I am hoping that the announcement is not a April Fools joke, and the video IS a joke.
Mar 31, 2012 9:13 PM

Aug 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
Solkiskey said:

Nah, IMO too simple isn't feels like Key at all (especially for lightning effects). Actually I am hoping that the announcement is not a April Fools joke, and the video IS a joke.

I think the reason it doesn't "feel like key" to you is because so far all Key's VN adoptions have been done by KyoAni (we all know Kanon 2002 never happened) so the change of studio is obviously going to be different, but the difference definitely isn't coming from Key's end.
Mar 31, 2012 9:13 PM

Apr 2010
Key's art is far from good too, Little Busters!'s art was pretty sloppy. I think it's much better than the game's art.
Mar 31, 2012 9:17 PM
Jun 2011
Little Busters! better then Clannad? ...Wat. I played both of the VN's and while i can say both of them 10/10 how are they comparable?

Little Busters! has some preety bad routes in there. (looking at you Kud and Haruka) Yes i found Refrain to be on the same level and maybe even better then After Story however thats the only place i see LB beating Clannad. Well maybe characters, Kengo and Kyouske are a couple of the best characters i have ever seen.
Mar 31, 2012 9:21 PM

Nov 2010
Of course I'm not referencing to the Key's art, but to how KyoAni and P.A could incorporate the feeling that similar with how the game felt like.

This video had a fine animation, but the atmosphere just feels a bit too dull. I hope it's just because the video itself is just a draft.
Mar 31, 2012 9:21 PM

Aug 2011
Engix said:
Well maybe characters, Kengo and Kyouske are a couple of the best characters i have ever seen.

Everyone knows Masato is the best character ever.
Mar 31, 2012 9:43 PM
Jun 2011
mitch3315 said:
Engix said:
Well maybe characters, Kengo and Kyouske are a couple of the best characters i have ever seen.

Everyone knows Masato is the best character ever.

My opinion differs >:3
Mar 31, 2012 9:49 PM

Apr 2010
Masato was pretty cool and all but I much prefered Kyousuke and Kengo.

I fucking hate Kud, though.
Mar 31, 2012 9:57 PM

Aug 2011
Solkiskey said:
Masato was pretty cool and all but I much prefered Kyousuke and Kengo.

I fucking hate Kud, though.

I love Kud and her Engrish, though Rin is my favourite girl.
Mar 31, 2012 11:24 PM

Oct 2009
Engix said:
Little Busters! better then Clannad? ...Wat. I played both of the VN's and while i can say both of them 10/10 how are they comparable?

Little Busters! has some preety bad routes in there. (looking at you Kud and Haruka) Yes i found Refrain to be on the same level and maybe even better then After Story however thats the only place i see LB beating Clannad. Well maybe characters, Kengo and Kyouske are a couple of the best characters i have ever seen.

hmm I guess they can't be compared since it tackles a whole different 'theme' :) I didn't realy get Kud's route o.O but of course she was adorable haha Haruka's was a little un-Key but it does tackle the whole family aspect so it's good = v = ~

zeroyuki92 said:
Of course I'm not referencing to the Key's art, but to how KyoAni and P.A could incorporate the feeling that similar with how the game felt like.

This video had a fine animation, but the atmosphere just feels a bit too dull. I hope it's just because the video itself is just a draft.

Yeah... it has this sort of flat feel... the animation looks good... but the atmosphere's flat... -.- I kind of like the whole 'camera focusing' effects from KyoAni ... and those hellish backgrounds... but we'll see...
Mar 31, 2012 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
Saya's in?! Yeah!!!

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Apr 1, 2012 12:30 AM

Nov 2011
Love the great news! I was actually playing it not long ago! I am Really looking forward to it! I love Key!
Apr 1, 2012 1:08 AM

Nov 2011
Been hearing so many good things about this, looking forward to it.
The art doesn't look like typical Key Ani though.
Apr 1, 2012 2:02 AM
Dec 2007
Solkiskey said:
And this is so true it doesn't even needs to be mentioned. But what I really liked about Little Busters is that there's just no character you can find no good parts about...actually, thinking about it more there is. God damn Kanata.

Apr 1, 2012 2:38 AM

Mar 2011
Nice at last its finally official, i can't w8 for this and after this i will play the VN version for comparison and all i can say is Muwhahaha!!! Shuwhahaha!!! Buwhahaha!!!
Apr 1, 2012 2:53 AM

Dec 2011
SeraVerte said:
Been hearing so many good things about this, looking forward to it.
The art doesn't look like typical Key Ani though.

Who cares... Story and characters are important, animation not that much...
Apr 1, 2012 3:22 AM

May 2011
looks pretty good cant wait for this
Apr 1, 2012 5:07 AM

Jan 2011
My day has been made
this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo goood
;sweetjesusface;jpg
Apr 1, 2012 5:18 AM

Apr 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Solkiskey said:
And this is so true it doesn't even needs to be mentioned. But what I really liked about Little Busters is that there's just no character you can find no good parts about...actually, thinking about it more there is. God damn Kanata.

Kanata was pretty cool... in her route in LB!EX. I like everyone but Kud lol. :|
Apr 1, 2012 5:46 AM

Apr 2010
I think this one was just cobbled together after the leak.
Apr 1, 2012 6:04 AM

Oct 2008
April Fools!

*cue massive rage reaction*
Apr 1, 2012 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
Omniknight said:
April Fools!

Better not, otherwise I'm taking out my guns and taking a flight to Japan tonight.
Apr 1, 2012 7:21 AM

Aug 2011
Solkiskey said:
Omniknight said:
April Fools!

Better not, otherwise I'm taking out my guns and taking a flight to Japan tonight.

I'll come with, if this was just one big joke Key deserve to burn for getting up my hopes of seeing Masato and his glorious muscles get animated.

That said the chances of it being a joke a extremely slim (despite the date).
Apr 1, 2012 8:27 AM

Feb 2008
Update Apr 2nd
Mangaka Zen, the author of Little Busters! Ecstacy complained that she had been preparing for the April Fool's joke of "Little Nya-sters" anime but Dengeki's premature leak spoiled her effort.

Zen's joke illustration of "Little Nya-sters" anime It says "The mission will start this autumn."

She said "Yeah you're right. They leaked the information! I sacrificed myself to prepare the joke but our plan had completely got ruined. It's so funny huh? You can ridicule me! Hahaha! (sob)"

Source: Zen's official website
dtshykApr 1, 2012 8:32 AM
Apr 1, 2012 8:34 AM

Jan 2010
Key ?
WOW !!!
Apr 1, 2012 8:43 AM

Apr 2010
Little Nya-Sisters, loooool. Looks like a pretty cool mangaka.
Apr 1, 2012 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute

Apr 1, 2012 8:54 AM

Feb 2008
This news has me pumped enough that I started reading the visual novel over again only a few hours ago. Trailer looked great, can't wait.
Apr 1, 2012 8:59 AM

Aug 2011
So Dengeki's leak saved us from getting trolled?
Apr 1, 2012 10:26 AM

Sep 2010
mitch3315 said:
So Dengeki's leak saved us from getting trolled?
So it seems like...
Apr 1, 2012 11:01 AM

Dec 2011
So Little Busters! will start sometime in autumn? dang so far away..
Apr 1, 2012 11:16 AM

May 2010
BK- said:

I think it's pretty soon, I thought that it won't air till next year...
Omg, I want to see animated Rin-chan and Kyousuke so much >w<
And they better don't change Rita's Little Busters! song for some other opening!
Apr 1, 2012 11:31 AM

Dec 2011
Kitsu-nee said:
BK- said:

I think it's pretty soon, I thought that it won't air till next year...
Omg, I want to see animated Rin-chan and Kyousuke so much >w<
And they better don't change Rita's Little Busters! song for some other opening!

yeah it is pretty soon when you think of it that way, but its damn long when you want to watch it now xD
Apr 1, 2012 12:15 PM

Nov 2010
So,which studio that had very little bookings for autumn? KyoAni already announce chuunibyou, so the chance for KyoAni to take it is 0.0X%
Apr 1, 2012 3:56 PM

Nov 2008
well i don't think i'm gonna watch it either way
Apr 1, 2012 5:26 PM

Oct 2009
:\ it's still kinda sad that KyoAni didn't take it... or can't take it?
Apr 1, 2012 5:47 PM

Aug 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
So,which studio that had very little bookings for autumn? KyoAni already announce chuunibyou, so the chance for KyoAni to take it is 0.0X%

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Autumn release was purely for the "Little Nya-sters" joke that didn't happen.
Apr 1, 2012 6:18 PM
Dec 2007
mitch3315 said:
zeroyuki92 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Autumn release was purely for the "Little Nya-sters" joke that didn't happen.
Who knows, could be real. depends on which studio took it.

Apr 1, 2012 6:26 PM

Jan 2010
Solkiskey said:
Omniknight said:
April Fools!

ICBM launch code active!
Apr 1, 2012 10:39 PM

Nov 2010
In the end we just have to wait for dengeki magazine for the official announcement... I guess I will blow up some buildings due to happiness if KyoAni decides to take LB.
Apr 1, 2012 11:46 PM

Oct 2011
I would be happy if it's PA Works, they've done Angel Beats! so well and for all the anime shows they''ve made(True Tears, Canaan, Angel Beats, Hanasaku iroha, Another) I've known them for making solid looking characters with plenty of details and proper proportion, besides we've already seen how a Na-Ga artwork looked like when done by that studio, I don't want to lose his design from a company that follows their own artstyle, I wonder if anyone have seen Na-Ga's rendition of K-ON's Azusa which made the original character designs from Kyoto looked childish. But that's just my opinion, no offense to the KyoAni fans out there. Honestly I don't see any traces of PA Works styling on the Trailer a far cry from Angel Beats' quality to be honest
Apr 2, 2012 2:20 AM

Dec 2008
I had this entirely HUGE discussion about this and i dare not repeat whats goes on. I will say however that Kyoani is a no because Kyoani no longer "carries" on the key franchise according to Vava in which they were trying to find another company to carry on the franchise. So chances are whomever is actually doing this will probably produce the rest of key's works into an anime if it turns out good. For the most part the only reason Kyoani has been doing Key so far is because Key is very strict when it comes to what is being adapted after being severely disappointed in Toei for making kanon 2002, Clannad the movie, and Air the movie. Seeing though that Kyoani has been backed up for god knows how long they had to make a choice for a different company. I BELIEVE however that this is white fox's doing because the re-write OP, but because of the success we know as steins;gate Key probably would think its a good idea to give the game to a company that knows how to adapt the story correctly which White fox has previous experience in doing. PAworks HOWEVER while good the whole ending to angel beats felt very rushed. You can only do so much with 12 eps after all.

I will say though that Angel beats wasn't so much a Key work as it was an individual project by Jun Maeda who no longer has the biggest standing in Key besides composing the music. Beside Jun Maeda, Na-Ga did the art for the characters, but that is as close to key as it gets.

My sources for the whole "Kyoani not carrying on the franchise":http://visualnovelaer.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/vava-answers-why-was-little-busters-never-made-into-an-anime/ This was posted on 11/25/11 so it was only a couple months ago.

Edit: I just realized the Re-write OP was released the EXACT same day last year
tysonultimaApr 2, 2012 2:51 AM
Apr 2, 2012 3:11 AM

Jun 2010
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/diary/2012/04/post_148.html
Staff Key Tonokawa Yuto confirm Little Busters! anime
LITTLE BUSTERS! ANIME IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 2, 2012 4:17 AM
Dec 2007
minhhuywiki said:
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/diary/2012/04/post_148.html
Staff Key Tonokawa Yuto confirm Little Busters! anime
LITTLE BUSTERS! ANIME IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think we are way beyond that at this point. There actually was supposed to be a Little Busters April Fools joke before the actual announcement but apprently the leak sent that down the toilet so they just skipped the April Fools.

Apr 2, 2012 7:58 AM

Feb 2008
Updated on April 3rd
The President of Visual Arts announced in his twitter account that the cast of Little Busters anime hasn't been fixed yet but the anime will be aired not so far in the future. He didn't reveal the production studio but he said the producers have been under tremendous pressure since they are aware of the high expectation of the fans. He said the quality of the trailer was not high because Visual Arts themselves made the animation using image sequences sent from the production studio.

Source: Baba's twitter account
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
12 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
Yesterday, 2:12 PM

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

6 by deg »»
Yesterday, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 1

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 1, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.