Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jan 2, 2018 9:09 AM
program noizes

Kineta said:
@Numi I understand that TriZen's comment on "eagerness" was misguided, and would have hit a sore point with me if I were currently a FAL staff member (or recently retired). That being said, I do think he has two valid points.

I really disappointed with the fact that there isn't any notification or any form of communication from the admin/staffs regarding the cancellation of FAL Fall 2017.
Judging from the club comments, I think many were disappointed about this. Players were waiting until the very last minute for a thread to appear. The two comments made by staff in September (and since) were asking for people to apply (last minute). That the season may not happen was never mentioned. I think asking for a notification saying, "Sorry guys, we couldn't make Fall 2017, but we hope to be back strong for Spring 2018! <application information>" is a small request.

If there weren't enough staffs that can handle FAL, also please let the users know at least 1 month before.
You said, "FAL has been seeking this replacement since March." Luna's post is from 2015, and she is not currently a FAL staff member. A new thread was not created. The existing thread was not shared with the club (via MAL's notifications system). There is no request for members to apply in the Final Results/Week 14 thread. Nothing was posted in the club comments asking for new staff members between Jul 10 to Sep 23.

I'm the last person on MAL to ever negatively criticise or blame about things being late, and I know all the struggles that come with manning a group of volunteers when you have a real life and a bunch of other projects on the go. I'm casting zero blame here. When I realised the FAL Fall season wasn't going to happen, I thought, "Hopefully this gives them enough time to get a solid team together for Spring 2018". So zero anger, blame, or negativity from me. I just think TriZen has two valid points, and I hope that the staff members who read his post are aware of it :)

I fully agree that both of those points are valid. It is because I did not see myself as having any place to comment on the remaining staff's choice in actions since I stepped down in July that I wasn't comfortable leaving remarks on that in particular. I just wanted to make it clear that hey, we'd been seeking a replacement since March. The intention was to train the new person/people in during Spring 2017's season so they would know what they were doing well by the time I retired. It didn't go that way, but it wasn't something that could make me push back stepping down by a season. And since then I do not have the knowledge of the remaining staff's actions, communications, etc regarding the topic beyond what's visible in the club public spaces. Not enough insight on why they did or didn't take certain actions, no longer someone who should speak for them regarding seasons that would start after I stepped down, therefore it's not something I'm going to comment on further than I already have.

All I'm going to ask is that in the future people not make assumptions on the staff's intentions and keep it to concrete things such as actual actions/ideas on how to improve. As I said, I do agree that those two points are valid.

In any case, I'll be removing myself from the conversation after I post this comment and just keep an eye out for what responses the staff I left behind choose to make.

Jan 2, 2018 12:47 PM
DB Administrator
Faerie Queen

Numi said:
I fully agree that both of those points are valid. It is because I did not see myself as having any place to comment on the remaining staff's choice in actions since I stepped down in July that I wasn't comfortable leaving remarks on that in particular.
Understood, thanks for clearing that up :)

I was a bit concerned that after your post, the rest of TriZen's points would be disregarded. So I just wanted to draw attention to them. Hopefully it didn't bother you (or anyone else) any.

Open Staff Apps  
Guidelines & FAQ  
Report Abuse  
Listen ♪  

Thanks to 
AnimeboyAnubhab

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]