Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2012 3:02 AM

Dec 2011
Well, I would miss this series.
Mar 25, 2012 3:29 AM

Feb 2011
Beautiful simply beautiful. loved the episode.
Mar 25, 2012 3:39 AM

Aug 2009
I'm speechless. Best ending i could possibly imagine. My favourite anime of all times and my favourite character Shana. She will always have a place in my heart.
Mar 25, 2012 3:44 AM
Dec 2011
damn son, started season 1 around august 2011, finished it today at 4:43 am. looking back at all the time i've being watching this, its soo nostalgic... But Fucking epic kiss, its about time... 5/5
Mar 25, 2012 4:07 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
10/10 to series :D Damn il miss these series. SnS felt so similar to ZnT both had also weird way to end anime but i loved both series 10/10 .. il really miss both of em T_T ...
Mar 25, 2012 4:32 AM

Jun 2010
This was a perfect end to the series i felt, and before even watching it i was thinking, the way to make this episode prefect would to be to include hishoku no sora... I was so shocked when it happened and i was soo happy. Perfect end. Though I'm very sad there wont be any more.

Mar 25, 2012 4:48 AM
Dec 2007
Icebreaker93 said:
I really liked the ending and one of the best work from J.C Staff
Damn Sydonay is dead
He wanted to die, as Hecate pretty well observed when they met at the end.

Mar 25, 2012 5:07 AM

Mar 2012
So if would review/correct/agree,

Season 1+2,
Basically the adventures of Shana as a Flame Haze. Little stories of the different enemies they fight, with an ongoing romance plot. Slice of Life, school thing. Some background stories of the different characters here and there.

Season 3,
Basically the whole thing was about Yuji's plan to free Flame Haze from their fate of fighting for eternity. The whole thing. War... for lots of episodes. >w<

I've always been a fan of shana, but the last seaosn of Shana was a bit weird in terms of context from Season 1+2. I don't dislike the change, neither do I like it. O__O The plot was a bit confusing since so much plot context was put into 1 season... so yeah it was a bit chaotic. J.C. staff did a good job, I don't know who else could have done better. So... this season... I give it 10/10. Just because I loved the ending and it followed the novel (so people say).
Mar 25, 2012 5:25 AM
Jan 2012
BK- said:
So if Yuuji is a human again doesn't that mean he will start aging again?
if that's so, it will get weird between Shana and him as the years go by lol xD

I think the reiji maigo will still restore his energy every day, and so he will not age...

Icebreaker93 said:
I really liked the ending and one of the best work from J.C Staff
Damn Sydonay is dead

Well yeah, but he's with the one he loves and he'll be back when the God of Creation nexts needs the Triumvirate
Mar 25, 2012 5:27 AM

Oct 2011
This season was better than 1st&2nd together. It really suprised me at the end that they fought again as I expected Happy End, but... Stil 7/10 for the whole plot etc ; ).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2012 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
Probably the worst season for me.

It was 24 eps of nothing. "All you had to do was ask" pretty much sums it up. So stupid....

i'll give the entire series a 7/10
Mar 25, 2012 5:39 AM
Jul 2008
Kimberly said:
Didn't watch it yet, but quick question for those who did.

I don't have that good of a memory, so I'm going to ask all the ppl of MAL, what shana song?
Mar 25, 2012 5:39 AM

Feb 2012
That's a satisfying ending. Everyone gets a happy ending except Kazumi who seems to be forever alone. In the novel Shana sung a love song to Yuji as they left for Xanadu and for obvious reasons JC Staff cut it out.

Starbuck11Mar 25, 2012 5:44 AM
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 25, 2012 5:42 AM
Jan 2012
Brushrop03 said:
Probably the worst season for me.

It was 24 eps of nothing. "All you had to do was ask" pretty much sums it up. So stupid....

i'll give the entire series a 7/10

Ask for her Torch, they still clearly disagreed about the what, how and when of Xanadu.
Mar 25, 2012 5:51 AM

Apr 2011
Q.Q Why am I crying.. it was such a happy ending.. DD: 5/5 Dang it, I'm super sad that its over.. :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2012 5:59 AM

Apr 2011
Also... could anyone give the name of the song at the ending? X)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2012 6:14 AM

Jun 2011
liked the ending , would have liked to see some Denizens hanging out whit flame haze's or humans tho :D i like them :3 . (rooting for the "bad guys" all the way)
Mar 25, 2012 6:32 AM

Jun 2010
I've got very mixed feelings after watching this. I totally loved SnS first and second seasons. But this last one was a total mess. I couldn't understand more than half of what was happening on the screen (time to start reading novels).

But this last episode still made me feel warm and fuzzy. Welp, I guess I'm just another sucker for scenes like this.

I will miss this series.
Mar 25, 2012 6:37 AM

Oct 2009
I liked the previous series of Shana, but this one was pure crap. 3/10 and thank goodness it's over.
Mar 25, 2012 6:44 AM
Oct 2010
It's difficult to rate this. There was some great stuff, I loved the ending, though there were also many meaningless actions, and lousy extra characters (maybe they are better in the novels, but that's a different matter.)

For this case I'll just go with the general feeling it left me and leave it at that.

Brushrop03 said:
"All you had to do was ask" pretty much sums it up. So stupid....
LOL, you're right, that was pretty much the whole problem.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 25, 2012 6:55 AM

Sep 2008
This ep had its ups and downs, and that goes for pretty much the whole season. There were alot of "fill in the blanks" moments with nothing to fill them with (unless you read the novels).

The final fight was a bit anticlimactic. Sydonay's final form was boss, and the fight was real flashy and all, but Yuji was pretty much useless in the fight, so it didn't feel as epic as it should have been. I guess they were pressed for time and couldn't do much more, but even so, it was a bit disappointing.

That, and they threw us a few curveballs there at the end that kinda killed the feeling of closure, like Yuji going back to being a human and whatnot. It gets you thinking if he is gonna grow old and die naturally, or if the "Reiji Maigo" theory applies to prolonging his existence forever (its a nice theory, sure, but it doesn't stand on solid ground). There is a definite sense of closure for close to everybody, but they popped open a couple of can of worms that will keep bugging me in the back of my mind when I think about this show.

Overall it was a great series (I even enjoyed the last season, plot holes aside), and a (somewhat) satisfying ending. 8/10 from me.
Mar 25, 2012 7:05 AM
Apr 2009
Small remark about Yuuji becoming human again. It's translation error. Word "human" wasn't said nor it was written in novel. He just regained an existence which he lacks while being a torch. So now he might not be afraid on running out of PoE and disappearing
Mar 25, 2012 7:18 AM
Jan 2012
reve said:
Small remark about Yuuji becoming human again. It's translation error. Word "human" wasn't said nor it was written in novel. He just regained an existence which he lacks while being a torch. So now he might not be afraid on running out of PoE and disappearing

Ah, cheers, that's good to know ^^ I've been studying Japanese at university so I should've caught that, guess I concentrated on the subs too much :p (still not good enough to understand everything in japanese, so ^^)
Mar 25, 2012 7:48 AM
Dec 2010
Oh my.....Shakugan no Shana Final.....oh my......you, you troller! You beautiful troller! I guessed that you realised how stupid and retarded this season was leading towards, you must have! You, noble one, killed off the season but saved the series!!! What an unbelievable last 3 episodes! To destroy everything that has happened in the entire season just to protect your precious characters....truly.......I completely fell for that troll. Don't, don't do that EVER again! Disguising yourself as a fail season with a fail plot and wrapping everything up flawlessly at the end. Damn!
Mar 25, 2012 7:51 AM
Jan 2012
Garfield4th said:
What is the point in the new world for them if the flame haze go with them? How can that world be theirs if they are still in danger?

I believe the Flame Haze don't trust the Tomogara yet and are thus going with them to keep an eye out. It'll now be Yuuji and Shana's quest to get them to all get along with each other.
Mar 25, 2012 7:57 AM

Aug 2008
quite satisfying ending i guess....

but wtf, many flame haze were going too, to a 'heaven' created specially for denizens. what? are they going to start another war there? :(
...and what rage me more was that four gods were going to xanadu too!! :(
Mar 25, 2012 8:01 AM

Sep 2011
5/5 for this episode, 6/10 for the entire series, without this ending it'd probably have been a 4/10.
Mar 25, 2012 8:04 AM

Oct 2011
Loved it from the beginning to the end. Never disappoint.
Mar 25, 2012 8:04 AM
Jul 2008
Finally watched the last episode with subs. Question time now!
What was the floating fortress called again?( i forgot :X) And what was it used for?
Why couldn't the tomoguras and flame hazes sit down and talk and have diplomatic relationships?
Heck they have shana and yuji who actually know each other and would reason with one and another.

So Yuji could be one of our great successful Anime gods now like Lelouch Lamprouch and Haruhi Suzumiya. Or even better, Yuji is still alive and is finally in a relationship with the girl he loves.

What happens in the Light Novel after Xandus is created?
Mar 25, 2012 8:06 AM

Feb 2012
Garfield4th said:
Unahim said:
Garfield4th said:
What is the point in the new world for them if the flame haze go with them? How can that world be theirs if they are still in danger?

I believe the Flame Haze don't trust the Tomogara yet and are thus going with them to keep an eye out. It'll now be Yuuji and Shana's quest to get them to all get along with each other.

Yuuji said it could take 1000 years, now that he is "human" again won't he die and not be able to accomplish his goal?

He isn't human anymore. Someone upthread said it was translation error. I think he's more a crimson lord now. The flame hazes and tomogara had been fighting for over thousands of years. The majority of the flame hazes are driven by hatred and vengeance. Heck, the flame hazes banished the God of Creation because he tried to create paradise for tomogara in this world.
Starbuck11Mar 25, 2012 8:14 AM
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 25, 2012 8:23 AM

Jan 2012
Shana for me is a masterpiece never once in my life will I be able to forget shana's cuteness.

I will admit this season was disappointing at first but the ending was great as I'd had hoped.
Mar 25, 2012 8:27 AM

Dec 2011
AGHHHHHHHHHHHH</3 IT REALLY ENDED-- D': ASDFGHJKLSLJKHDJGSFDK<////////3 I WANT MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TT____TT guhhh
The episode was EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC *___* made me teary-eyed D':
The final fight was totally awesome Q__Q

Ahhh, I'm gonna miss the show </3 :'(((( and the characters, too <///3

a Happy-end, though ;__;

~Looking forward for more Kugimiya Rie's epic characters!!
Mar 25, 2012 8:56 AM

Aug 2008
ichigo03 said:

(...)
But was it really necessary to do all of this?

Like Shana said "You could've just asked".....Facepalm!!!

No, actually it was necessary. Yuuji goal unlike Shana was creating a world where tomogara and Humans live together an work together and not only coexist with imposed non-aggression pact. Because of war both tomogara and flame haze accepted this condition and wished for it. Remember that also flame haze changed they goal from killing all tomogara unconditionally by all means, to simply protect humans by enforcing this no-kill law.

Of course as it was implied several times if Yuuji tried to explain it to Shana, there is a chance that she would help him. But it wouldn't prevent a war, since other flame haze or tomogara wouldn't agree to it. And He was afraid too make her choose between him and loyalty to flame haze and don't want her to fight and kill her old comrades and friends.

BK- said:
So if Yuuji is a human again doesn't that mean he will start aging again? if that's so, it will get weird between Shana and him as the years go by lol

I don't think so. He may be human but still is mystes with (upgraded) Reji Maigo that renew his power of existence. Secondly he didn't lose ability to cast unrestricted spell, so his more similar to flame haze but gets his power not from contracted Tomogara but from his Reji Maigo.
Mar 25, 2012 9:02 AM
Dec 2010
mapokl said:

BK- said:
So if Yuuji is a human again doesn't that mean he will start aging again? if that's so, it will get weird between Shana and him as the years go by lol

I don't think so. He may be human but still is mystes with (upgraded) Reji Maigo that renew his power of existence. Secondly he didn't lose ability to cast unrestricted spell, so his more similar to flame haze but gets his power not from contracted Tomogara but from his Reji Maigo.

Hmm interesting....I always thought that the concept of "Mystes" was one huge plot hole in the franchise. If I remember correctly "Mystes" is a "Torch who has a Hougu inside of them". Not just any random person. Has to be a Torch. Which means that if Johan was a Mystes and the Reiji Maigo wasn't even invented when he and Pheles just fell in love, how did Johan continue to survive so long as a "placeholder" or Torch? According to what we saw in season 1, Torches woud burn out by themselves sooner or later. Unless they've got a Reiji Maigo, ofc.
newnarMar 25, 2012 9:52 AM
Mar 25, 2012 9:40 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
I will refrain myself to try to explain to what people just couldn't understand due to J.C. trying to cram too much material in this season. Yes the last part was done as decently as possible, but I can understand why people don't like this season because they feel lost.

I laughed hard at many of the online bloggers (Sea Slugs, Tenka, etc.) who totally did not even understand the basic plot of the third season (nor did they understood Yuji's plan and the nature of Xanadu) and wrote off the series as horrible. Definitely lowered my esteem for many of them due to facepalm reaction I get when reading ridiculous conclusions and assumptions. Unfortunately, lately, whatever "review" people give looks more like ranting and venting their frustration and stress with RL into anime. Guilty Crown, for instance, generated that type of attention and I am glad this series hasn't generated that level of hate. Of course, everyone likes to vent form time to time (like what I am doing here right now) but sometimes, it just becomes really dumb.

The last part of the original novel series was in fact rushed. Indeniably. But J.C. Staff somehow misled people through the first 2 adaptation... and the result is that people are confused... unfortunately.

However, a good portion of the "confused" people simply didn't pay close attention and thought it would be a good idea to turn their brain off....Bad decision.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 25, 2012 10:01 AM

Feb 2011
Dunno, I found the ending a little bitter sweet. To be leaving everyone behind them in the 'real' world without hesitation like that.. was a little saddening. Not Yoshida though, she got what she deserved ^-^

Loved the season, loved the series... was a little hard to keep up with but it was a magnificent job all in all.

9/10
Mar 25, 2012 10:02 AM

Aug 2009
Well tbh I enjoyed ZnT 100% more than Shakugan, mainly because the story of Shakugan a Lackluster sometimes. I almost feel a sleep the first 20 episodes. But it got interesting towards the end.

What they did wrong in my taste was the boring explanations that didn't always make sense to me.

But anyways, it was a good run nevertheless. The ending point for Shakugan no Shana and ZnT, now to make OVAs!

Hope they continue to produce series similar to these.
Mar 25, 2012 10:04 AM

Dec 2009
I didn't like this season, but the ending was truly beautiful. So nice to see that Yuji wanted to bring Yukari back, he never forgot her. <3

4/10
Mar 25, 2012 10:15 AM

Mar 2009
lol

3/10
Mar 25, 2012 10:28 AM

Aug 2010
You know what, that wasn't too bad good. I was skeptical of this season but it turned out pretty well.
Mar 25, 2012 10:35 AM

Apr 2010
Great end to a great series, I will miss you Shakugan no Shana.

10/10
Mar 25, 2012 11:02 AM
Mar 2012
newnar said:
mapokl said:

BK- said:

Hmm interesting....I always thought that the concept of "Mystes" was one huge plot hole in the franchise. If I remember correctly "Mystes" is a "Torch who has a Hougu inside of them". Not just any random person. Has to be a Torch. Which means that if Johan was a Mystes and the Reiji Maigo wasn't even invented when he and Pheles just fell in love, how did Johan continue to survive so long as a "placeholder" or Torch? According to what we saw in season 1, Torches woud burn out by themselves sooner or later. Unless they've got a Reiji Maigo, ofc.

At that time before he created Reiji Maigo, he was still human (:
Mar 25, 2012 11:11 AM

Jul 2007
I absolutely loved it. I have no idea why i enjoyed Shana so much but well... i did! The end was superb. Im a sucker for good endings so yeah. 8/10 from me. Kinda sad its over though. I was watching it since s1 :(
Mar 25, 2012 11:19 AM
Mar 2012
OmniDragon said:
Shaantjeeuhn said:
Can somebody explain me the end of the season because I do't quite understand. So Yuji loses all of his powers ? is he now again a mystess? and what about his parents? because you see him and Shana walking in their school uniforms but I'm not sure if they are back in the human world or in the world of xanadu? Do his parents remember him again because I think it's sad that it's like he never exsisted and how they ended that storyline.. and what about Pheles and Johann, are they dead now? because the baby is taken care of Wilhelmina. confusing!

Yuji lost all of the snakes powers so hes a mystes again. Yuji and Shana are in Xanadu. Yuji's parents don't remember him anymore and they don't rememeber Shana anymore either. Pheles and Johan sacrificed themselves to create that child so they are both dead the only proof of there existense is that child.

Thank you for filling me in! Now I get it ;D I still find it kinda sad that Pheles and Johan died and that Yuji won't be able to see his brother and parents back. i really hoped he could live on in the human world with Shana and everyone happy and stuff but yeah they are together now, so that part is fulfilled :)
Mar 25, 2012 11:23 AM

Dec 2010
Amazing end to an amazing series; Unlike many others i really enjoyed this season; i felt it was the best of the three, because while there may have been many new characters, while the story may have seem to be on to large of scale to cover it all, it truly was the best series because of what was shown in this episode; the reason Yuji did what he did, the dream he fought for; and the end result of his work. It was a perfect ending, and that kiss :D was everything i hoped it would be. YujixShana for eternity! (literally XD) This series will be missed :(, but at least it ended in the best of ways :D.
Mar 25, 2012 11:25 AM

Feb 2012
i have never been more confused.
Mar 25, 2012 11:25 AM
Jul 2009
it would had been better if everyone died cause this was bad. talk about over kill i guess they ware trying to make a epic ending and just try to hard and missed wtf was they fighting for they ended up going to the new world cause it was better anyways
Mar 25, 2012 11:31 AM
Mar 2012
I won't forget what happened after 9:19 minutes... ever... the face impression was so tsundere, oni Shana could made them so lovely.. baka Yuuji..

Yea, if Yuuji were to be a human bac, he will gets old n dies, right? which left Shana still looking young n youthful, why Lamie, why... I rather he's a mystes...

Still, haven't have any cosers who can cos Shana perfectly.. was hoping a miracle.. xD

And lastly, so ends my 5 years pursue of this anime.. Shakugan no Shana... (blue flames fades slowly and vanish... leaving nothing behind)
Mar 25, 2012 11:38 AM

May 2010
Beautiful, but also a little bit sad ending. Finally I was able to understand everything, but no enough love for Kazumi-chan made me sad. And the fact, that Yuji's parents don't remember him. And sadness still after Khamsin death, damn. But, for just an ending I'd rate SnS III 9/10.
BUT. If this series would have 12-13 episodes, it would be far better IMO. Half of episodes were fights of randoms whose names I still can't remember, and so - there was no point in cheering anyone. Some of fights were pointless too, which felt pretty much like a filler. Besides, sometimes I was so tired of reading characters lines, so I didn't understand half of their boring talks, and it made big mess in my head.
But, well. It was enjoyable season. Great animation, fights (even if boring) were beautiful. I liked soundtrack too, especially openings and endings. Especially "Light My Fire" is great song, I have it on my cell <3 Characters are likeable too, especially Yuji, Kazumi and Khamsin as for me, but Shana as main heroine, is one of those Tsundere who I accept, so she wasn't that annoying ;) Ah, and nice thing, that they haven't forgotten about Yukari.
Overall, I rated this season 7/10, and I don't think, that I'll change it... Maybe if someday I'll rewatch it.
Mar 25, 2012 11:39 AM
Jan 2012
streft said:
I won't forget what happened after 9:19 minutes... ever... the face impression was so tsundere, oni Shana could made them so lovely.. baka Yuuji..

Yea, if Yuuji were to be a human bac, he will gets old n dies, right? which left Shana still looking young n youthful, why Lamie, why... I rather he's a mystes...

Still, haven't have any cosers who can cos Shana perfectly.. was hoping a miracle.. xD

And lastly, so ends my 5 years pursue of this anime.. Shakugan no Shana... (blue flames fades slowly and vanish... leaving nothing behind)

Jeez, people just keep proving they don't read the forum and just post, right? It was a translation error, he didn't become human again he just got his existence back. Which means he generates power of existence again like a human does, and wouldn't dissapear even if the reiji maigo was taken from him. However, since he's still a Mystes he doesn't age.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 25, 2011

81 by GoldenPincers »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.