Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 9, 2012 10:47 AM

Dec 2011
Nooo Koneko- chan! D:
Mar 9, 2012 12:01 PM

Jan 2008
Oh dam, Koneko pics during the cm break.... win.

And i was completely right about Issei's powers. Lol.
Mar 9, 2012 1:17 PM
Jun 2010
Did anyone find a place where you can watch this where the sound isn't off by like 8 seconds....
Mar 9, 2012 1:20 PM

Jan 2012
Koneko-chan<3 That beautiful piece of arse.

Mar 9, 2012 1:35 PM

Feb 2012
5/5!

But dat face of Raiser, still looks retarded >:
Mar 9, 2012 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
Easily the best episode yet...5/5
Mar 9, 2012 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
5/5; Wonder whats gonna happen to Koneko though. I really hope this anime will get a second season, after I saw the "Unlocking his powers" and how he only got another "Pawn" unlocked within him.
Mar 9, 2012 4:03 PM

Jan 2012
Why is it that my favorite character on this show has the least screentime? He's so much cooler than Issei and realistically, his powers are much more practical.

Can't wait to see him shine hopefully next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2012 4:18 PM

Jan 2012
prismheart said:
Chun Li was in this episode.
YES! Exactly my thoughts, rofl.
Mar 9, 2012 4:44 PM

Dec 2011
fanservice was good, but I still like the episodes from be4 more than this one. A lot of time was wasted on not important stuff.
Mar 9, 2012 4:51 PM
Jun 2010
I LOVED THE DRESS BREAK ! AHAHA BEST THING EVER, good episode i am worried about Koneko.
Mar 9, 2012 5:22 PM

Feb 2008
Kiba will have his screentime in the next episode

Ontopic:
I liked this episode. Altough I read the light novel thus I know the outcome, but I still like it animated.

Relunx
Mar 9, 2012 5:57 PM

May 2011
RedStarLight said:
Why is it that my favorite character on this show has the least screentime? He's so much cooler than Issei and realistically, his powers are much more practical.

It's unfortunate. But only the male lead will get a decent amount of attention when it comes to most harems. Especially since Yuuto doesn't really contribute anything to the ecchi theme they emphasize in this series.
-Kenshin-May 27, 2012 11:59 PM
Mar 9, 2012 6:37 PM
Jun 2008
so now rating game battle is on trap & etc all set

issei unleash his henshin snap finger dress breaker attack on twin chainsaw & drum stick indeed BEST MOVE EVER!!!

oh koneko was fighting a rip-off hoe-ski chun-li (ONORE raiser for having 15 or many womens).

yet IT'S a TRAP cause beating them koneko got blast by landmine cause big doobi hoe-ski.

ONORE yet next ep battle rating going full level?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 9, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2010
haha, i have to admit i'm pleasantly surprised :D
after previous seasons maken ki (wich i tought was utter crap) i tought this was going to be an other one of those boobs in your face, insert pantyshot here... kind of thing :D

and it is haha, but the diffrence be this is actualy good and pulls it of pretty well :)

all the fanservice doesn't feel so forced for some reason. i still think issei is a big idiot tough haha.
oh well appart from that i can't realy hate him. this was easely the best episode yet.

and shit hit the fan when that woman "blew up" koneke! but i think issei will tear her a new behind for doing that :D (and i think loosing her clothes will be the least of her worries whoehahaha)
Mar 9, 2012 7:36 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome battles.
Loved the Issei's attacks.
Im really enjoying it.
Mar 9, 2012 8:55 PM
Dec 2010
Epic episode. It's interesting and awesome how great an ecchi anime can get.
Mar 9, 2012 9:12 PM
Jun 2008
Paul said:
Oh dam, Koneko pics during the cm break.... win.

And i was completely right about Issei's powers. Lol.
To bad it only work on female(with nice body). I don't think it work on old lady or ugly girl .
MorningGloryMar 9, 2012 9:15 PM
Mar 9, 2012 9:13 PM
May 2011
RedStarLight said:

don't worry if DxD get's another season, the first arc of the season will be mostly about him because he plays a big part in vol 3 of the Light novel. and this season will only cover the first 2 volumes. so gotta hope for a second season
Mar 9, 2012 10:37 PM

Jul 2010
Naked Forever = Best Attack Forever
Mar 9, 2012 10:46 PM

Jul 2008
Sprayed some juice from my mouth after he said "Dress Break". LOLOLOLOL
Mar 9, 2012 11:04 PM

Apr 2011
After hearing the president saying she was the sister of a heir of Lucifer you have to wonder if we'll ever see Lucifer? As in THE Lucifer. You know Satan? The one that dated Saddam Hussein? Maybe we'll also see the Illuminati later on? Well whatever. The tits were nice and it seems Issei has developed a traumatizing power. For women I mean. Guy's wouldn't give a shit we let our junk hang out all the time.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 10, 2012 12:28 AM

Jan 2012
Come to think of it, I find what happened at the end of the ep to be odd..

We saw how strong and durable Koneko is during this ep. Also during that time she fought this thing earlier:

After all that, it irritates me that they decide to suddenly take her out with an explosion. They could've thought of something better, maybe like actually losing against that girl she claimed to be super strong..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2012 12:43 AM

Jul 2010
RedStarLight said:

We saw how strong and durable Koneko is during this ep. Also during that time she fought this thing earlier:
She received a direct hit from Raiser's Queen. The monster she fought earlier was a small fry, and she managed to uphold the jaw of the thing from tearing her to pieces.
BULLDOG266 said:
After hearing the president saying she was the sister of a heir of Lucifer you have to wonder if we'll ever see Lucifer? As in THE Lucifer. You know Satan? The one that dated Saddam Hussein? Maybe we'll also see the Illuminati later on? Well whatever. The tits were nice and it seems Issei has developed a traumatizing power. For women I mean. Guy's wouldn't give a shit we let our junk hang out all the time.
The Lucifer died along with three others Maous centuries back during the battle royale with God and the Fallen Angels. Sirzechs Lucifer was originally a Gremory who was elevated by the surviving devils, along with three others, to become their King. He adopted the name Lucifer to cement his authority in line with tradition.

Mar 10, 2012 1:49 AM

May 2010
It's all good for now, but i have the feeling this will be one of those "overly ecchi anime, but no relationship with any of the girls"
Personally, i'd like to see IsseiXRias
Mar 10, 2012 1:54 AM

Apr 2008
dyils said:
It's all good for now, but i have the feeling this will be one of those "overly ecchi anime, but no relationship with any of the girls"
Personally, i'd like to see IsseiXRias

Really? I got the opposite reaction really. Then again that's probably cause I read what's translated so far XD
Mar 10, 2012 2:42 AM

May 2010
Dress Break may be a ridiculous technique but at the same time it's cool !!
Mar 10, 2012 3:15 AM

May 2011
Having a hard time trying to figure out why Hiryuu was the favored on this one

The quality is about the same as Desu's, I mean hell even their video sizes are the same.
Subdesu gets it out right on time and Hiryuu takes forever
Mar 10, 2012 4:18 AM

Oct 2011
amazing how many creative ways they find to undress girls/demons in this - really great to see issei finally go to war - loved the signature move! i really hope koneko has not been taken of the chess board - she's definitely one of my favorites on this anime...
Mar 10, 2012 4:54 AM

Dec 2011
I don't know how I'll handle the waiting time for S2 :(

This epsidoe was awesome

I like how now i know Issei's power is strong considering it had to be sealed so he doesnt destroy himself.

I also love the Training flash back they had of Issei and As- the nun forgot her name, she was so happy to have her clothing destroyed over and over and over and the "Don't worry i have lots of clothing, ill go change into another one, keep training issei!" Something along those lines anyway made me lol

Chun Li = Lol

Noo she got blasted :( I love her!

↑Bullshit, ordered 100mbps.. Waiting on technician to fix issue T.T↑
Mar 10, 2012 5:29 AM

Jul 2009
entropy13 said:
Sprayed some juice from my mouth after he said "Dress Break". LOLOLOLOL
Haha yeah, I choked on my coffee from laughing.
Talk about the ultimate special move xD

It does have one major flaw though, not as entertaining when facing male opponents^^

RedStarLight said:

After all that, it irritates me that they decide to suddenly take her out with an explosion. They could've thought of something better, maybe like actually losing against that girl she claimed to be super strong..
Well it could be that she is more or less unbeatable when she can anticipate and counter the attacks.
But getting hit by something so destructive while having her guard down more or less did the same damage as it would to anyone else.

Either way I'm quite pleased by the attack, as it left us with some delicious eye candy ;}
Mar 10, 2012 6:36 AM

Nov 2009
RedStarLight said:

Just correct you, she's hit by 'magic attack' of that woman not normal explosion. ( You can assume that she is a queen since she's always at that guy (king) side)

It's true that Koneko has high DEF but she need M.DEF to handle magic attack ,so I think it make sense for me. (Well, sound like RPG game ^^) or you can always think that enemy attack is so powerful that it can overcome Koneko high DEF
Mar 10, 2012 7:15 AM
Jun 2008
I been wondering why the explosion only blow up Koneko's cloth while leaving her body unharmed...
Cloth = Hp ?
Mar 10, 2012 7:27 AM

Dec 2011
Konekooooooooooo
noooooooooooooooooo

still, can't believe nobody posted this....

nsfw... sorry for play button... :D first one is better, and not because she is naked, but because she is so cute...

Mar 10, 2012 7:55 AM

Apr 2008
Marina2 said:
RedStarLight said:

Just correct you, she's hit by 'magic attack' of that woman not normal explosion. ( You can assume that she is a queen since she's always at that guy (king) side)

It's true that Koneko has high DEF but she need M.DEF to handle magic attack ,so I think it make sense for me. (Well, sound like RPG game ^^) or you can always think that enemy attack is so powerful that it can overcome Koneko high DEF

She was taken out in the same way in the novel too. Just proves how strong miss tits is.
Mar 10, 2012 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
darthfanta said:
RedStarLight said:

She received a direct hit from Raiser's Queen. The monster she fought earlier was a small fry, and she managed to uphold the jaw of the thing from tearing her to pieces.
BULLDOG266 said:
The Lucifer died along with three others Maous centuries back during the battle royale with God and the Fallen Angels. Sirzechs Lucifer was originally a Gremory who was elevated by the surviving devils, along with three others, to become their King. He adopted the name Lucifer to cement his authority in line with tradition.

From my logic, Mages > Warriors. They lack in Magic Defense. /game references.
Mar 10, 2012 10:08 AM

Oct 2011
Koneko ;_;
Mar 10, 2012 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode of this series so far :D

Issei's attacks are awesome, if only lads could do that in real life xD.

A ecchi comedy with some good action, the hell :L.

Koneko's removal from the rating game was -.-, i mean a random explosion with no build up what's good with doing that.

Hopefully Kiba and Issei go Beast mode next episode and kick ass, Raiser is just :@, what a complete bellend :L
Mar 10, 2012 11:36 AM
Jan 2011
Very predictable.
Mar 10, 2012 3:26 PM

Apr 2008
Nasty001 said:
Very predictable.

Very helpful. Both these statements are false.
Mar 10, 2012 4:23 PM

Mar 2010
I would say that this is the best episode so far. Awesome Koneko fanservice, but I sure hope Issei avenges her next episode. Poor Koneko-chan :(
Mar 10, 2012 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
Koneko-chan! NO!!! They will pay!
MagitoMar 10, 2012 4:52 PM
Mar 10, 2012 8:35 PM

Jan 2011
I can only hope since these are devils that there will be no foolish monogamy/monotony to screw up Issei's harem plans.....

And I have to get my hands on those light novels...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 11, 2012 5:33 AM
Oct 2011
RedStarLight said:

the one that attacks her is a queen, koneko don't stand a chance, just think that if lightning that akeno use strikes koneko
Mar 11, 2012 5:47 AM

Apr 2008
ryanagamis said:
RedStarLight said:

the one that attacks her is a queen, koneko don't stand a chance, just think that if lightning that akeno use strikes koneko

Exactly. A queen with the element of surprise will destroy a rook.
Mar 11, 2012 7:41 AM

Jul 2010
The battle's really going underway now! Issei's power is so useless yet so powerful. xD

Mar 11, 2012 3:01 PM

Dec 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Nasty001 said:
Very predictable.

Very helpful. Both these statements are false.

Haven't you figured it out yet? Nasty1 is just a troll account xD I see him on every anime thread posting nothing but negative comments lol

↑Bullshit, ordered 100mbps.. Waiting on technician to fix issue T.T↑
Mar 11, 2012 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, Akeno was awesome this episode. LIGHTNING BOOM!

But poor Koneko....hope she is avenged!
Mar 11, 2012 6:54 PM
Feb 2012
@Barajas

I was think the same thing about chun li esp when i saw all her moves involves using her legs

dress break!!!

lol
Mar 11, 2012 8:21 PM

Sep 2011
Dress Break!
That made my day.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would an "ecchiless" adaptation of DxD work?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 20

36 by LostSpectre »»
Today, 2:50 AM

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

1 by IpreferEcchi »»
Apr 23, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.