3It was OK
10.1%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.5
345 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 8, 2012 7:24 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's just too damn bad it took half the episode to deal with the green Aura thing and some character interactions cause the fight is where things got amazing. I did not think it was that much of a threat until I see of what it was for. At least the plan outlining , Rias fan service and comedy wise it was fun. Oh there is also bad ass Phenix with his harem. His face in the following,

looked like someone who got drained from sex. (ROFL it so looks like it.) Check his face and I think I saw it somewhere around hentais of strangely guys being like that after doing it too much TBH. So I wonder if he was doing his harem while passing time? Sounds plausible.

Intermission is the best of Koneko, green shimapan anyone?

The fight was good with the loli twins and chainsaws in the following spoiler
but let’s face the cons and pros.

Cons: No blood
No gore
No serious shit except Koneko/Issei getting hit.

Pros: Plenty of fan service that makes you want suck out the twins breasts being that stimulating.
Clothes ripping fad.
The expressions of moaning or in orgasm like state of the girls faces and not being more hurt or in pain.
Other ecchi stuff like ass shots, panties ripping out and stuff like that.

Conclusion, the fight was more ecchi than serious which was too bad but I think that is the fate of Phenix’s harem being exposed for the most of their female population’s bodies for us viewer's pleasures. That being said they are most likely saving all the serious shit for Phenix being fought off. Moreover it’s pretty stupid and makes Issei stupid that he trained most of his time for a clothing ripping technique which really makes him look dumb. Whereas he should opted for some other technique but since he works with ecchi, sure why not except will he really be able to kill a female enemy? Most likely not, Rias will for him and that is plain sad towards Issei GAR manism.

Koneko looks to make it in the preview but the Big breasted girl must get punished for her insolence of Koneko in the following,

(bigger size)I guess RAGE for Koneko would be appropriate there. This was after all the best fan service of her during this episode, loads of Koneko panties shots, breasts with the nipples and more than anything clothing ripping on her.

So had enough ecchi in this episode compared to others? Hard to say but I say the variations of it is what perhaps makes it surpassing to previous ones.
Yumekichi11Mar 8, 2012 10:41 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 8, 2012 8:37 PM

Nov 2008
Twin Chainsaw wielding lolis, Issei is a lucky man, nice to see their bodies yum. I like how he spanked the demon symbols onto both lolis and the other girl with the pole and used Dress Break to remove 99.9% of their clothes.

Toujou gets a nude intermission which is very nice.

Dear God Phoenix what an overhanded move sending your right hand woman to flat out pwn Toujou in one massive spell. Unfair and uncalled for, he needs to pay for that, as for the lady she definitely needs to get her due.

Akeno is a yangire my god she is a dangerous woman, just destroying the gym with everyone in it. Had the psycho licking and everything and her voice suits the yangire role.

5/5

Mar 8, 2012 9:28 PM

Nov 2007
Spending night with sister to wait for the game.

Class rep.s are doing the judges.

The guy is shocked that sempai's brother is maoh.

Game time, and the enemy is the

The guy doing hizamakura of sempai and is happy, everything done in front of sister. It's just for power-up. lol @ the sister praying for forgiveness for being jealous.

Pawn vs. 2 groups of pawns... lol @ the skill to ripping the cloths, including undergarments. Koneko officially hates him.

Wow~~ blowing up the gym is cool! And trap of illusion.

At the end... Koneko is...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 8, 2012 9:30 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, don't mess with Akeno. She'll blow the living hell out of everything in her path. The chainsaw twins were entertaining to watch and get their clothes shredded, lol.

Poor Koneko! I hope she gets revenge within the next episode or so. Lovely fanservice on her as well.
Mar 8, 2012 10:05 PM

Oct 2010
There is something that bugs me still. Are the enemy girls in the gym dead or not? Usually there should be a sign but this time there is nothing to suggest of it, any ideas if all in the gym remaining got vaporized or not?

Akeno is a M.A.D. (Mutual Assured Destruction) magic user. She can destroy all.

Mar 8, 2012 10:43 PM

Feb 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
There is something that bugs me still. Are the enemy girls in the gym dead or not? Usually there should be a sign but this time there is nothing to suggest of it, any ideas if all in the gym remaining got vaporized or not?
It's called Rating "Game", emphasis on game.
Plus the announcer said that they(that is, the 3 Pawns and the Rook) are out.
So yeah.

The music is pretty good in this episode.
And the animation was pretty fluid and great, though a bit quality at times.
And yeah, fucking Dress Break is here. The worst enemy of all women.
Funny how Issei wants to be a harem king but makes a technique that makes women hate him lol.
Next episode should be even better. More action to come, and for sure it's not the last time we'll see of Issei's new technique.
Mar 8, 2012 10:58 PM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
Yumekichi11 said:
It's called Rating "Game", emphasis on game.
Plus the announcer said that they(that is, the 3 Pawns and the Rook) are out.
So yeah.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! R.I.P. twins. Your bodies and breasts with asses will be neural S.S.D. saved with many viewers seeing them. Too bad, the twins were good while they lasted.
belatkuro said:
When the announcer announces that they are out, they are transported into a special room. I told you that it's a game so there will be no casualties. They will just leave the battlefield.
Well that makes it clear. Well that's good so anyone who is deemed out, is just safely out and not like dead out. That does make it comedic much more than my initial emphasizes of people getting hurt critically.
Yumekichi11Mar 9, 2012 6:54 AM

Mar 9, 2012 2:36 AM

May 2011
another fun ep. god those twins were something XD
good to see Issei's training pay off. this game is starting to get pretty interesting as well.
and this series never fails to impress me with all the fanservice ^^
Mar 9, 2012 3:38 AM

Apr 2008
And so Issei's limiter is revealed. I thought something was off for a person who had 8 pawns in him. I mean in chess terms Akeno is 9 points so Issei using all of his 8 pawns worth of power would put him as strongest after Akeno even without the Boosted Gear.
Mar 9, 2012 3:41 AM

Jun 2011
DRESS....BREAK!!! xDDD

Koneko's moe meter went out of the roof xD Too bad she's out now DX The chain saw girls were hilarious too xD

This anime is surprisingly really enjoyable xD

5/5
Mar 9, 2012 4:05 AM

Aug 2010
Chun Li was in this episode.
Mar 9, 2012 4:18 AM

May 2011
Darklight0303 said:
And so Issei's limiter is revealed. I thought something was off for a person who had 8 pawns in him. I mean in chess terms Akeno is 9 points so Issei using all of his 8 pawns worth of power would put him as strongest after Akeno even without the Boosted Gear.

Yes I definitely agree. It would make sense for him to be far more powerful than his previous state. And still, to think that Rias only removed one out of many limitations she put on Issei's power. I would be interested to see him without any limits what so ever. But that might be in another season unfortunately, if it happens. I definitely cant see him being able to handle full power b4 season ends. =/
-Kenshin-May 27, 2012 11:57 PM
Mar 9, 2012 4:18 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,Twin Lolis!!!

Another episode fill with fanservice,the twin lolis were soooo cute she really are i think you can add there the blue haired chick also so 3 DFC=WIN!!!also those screams hehehehe.

The fight was meh there wasn't blood but it was more play that a real fight it feel like filler fight pretty much to show Issei "super powerful" technique...Issei "DRESS BREAK" its really pathetic but perfect for fanservice so meh its ok he will get another "real" technique.

Akeno is a crazy bitch...so dangerous.

Koneko got hit hard by big boob bitch she most pay!!!! HOW THERE SHE DO THAT TO MY CUTE KONEKO!!!!SHE MOST BURN!!!BURN HER BURN HER!!

Well at least it shows some good fanservice of her because of that o.o

Yumekishi11 said:

I dont think they are dead maybe just out of the game,i think they are alive at least i had that feeling also...the twins are to cute to be dead!!! :(

Still was a decent episode,hopefully Koneko isnt that hurt,next episode the war continues!!!
Mar 9, 2012 4:28 AM

Apr 2008
kenshin_sama said:
Darklight0303 said:

yes i definitely agree. it would make sense for him to be far more powerful than his previous state. and still, to think that Rias only removed one out of many limitations she put on Issei's power. i would be interested to see him w/o any limits what so ever. but that might be in another season unfortunately, if it happens. i definitely cant see him being able to handle full power b4 season ends =/

It's not happening this arc. I can assure you of that unless they change the original material in which case blood will flow and it's not going to be from nosebleeds.
Mar 9, 2012 4:36 AM

May 2011
raxius1230 said:
Koneko got hit hard by big boob bitch she most pay!!!! HOW THERE SHE DO THAT TO MY CUTE KONEKO!!!!SHE MOST BURN!!!BURN HER BURN HER!!

Well at least it shows some good fanservice of her because of that o.o

Oh ya for sure, now if she put just a little bit more in there ;D. Issei didn't hold back at least!
But I'm still with you. She must pay! :O
-Kenshin-May 27, 2012 11:58 PM
Mar 9, 2012 4:41 AM
Jun 2008
Wow, This was a very enjoying episode after a confusing episode from BRS.

The vaporizing dress skill remind me of Touma vaporizing index's dress .... Should I name it dress breaker lol
Mar 9, 2012 5:30 AM

May 2011
NOOOOO!! KONEKO-CHAN!!!!
Damn, can't wait for next one!
Mar 9, 2012 5:36 AM

Nov 2009
Best episode so far, lots and lots and LOTS of Koneko which is just what I want to see.

Damned shame how it wound up for her though. Hope Asia heals her and gets her back in the fight.

Someone needs to keep screen caps of the intermission shots with Koneko, both of those were AWESOME!!!

5/5

Love this series, never thought I'd be so close to making another ecchi anime an actual 10/10!!!
Mar 9, 2012 6:28 AM

Jan 2012
feel bad for what happened for Koneko-chan... Avenge her Hyoudou....!!!
Mar 9, 2012 8:33 AM

Jun 2011
Hmmm issei aint half bad . but realy , naked forever ? thats just evil xD
Mar 9, 2012 10:47 AM

Dec 2011
Nooo Koneko- chan! D:
Mar 9, 2012 12:01 PM

Jan 2008
Oh dam, Koneko pics during the cm break.... win.

And i was completely right about Issei's powers. Lol.
Mar 9, 2012 1:17 PM
Jun 2010
Did anyone find a place where you can watch this where the sound isn't off by like 8 seconds....
Mar 9, 2012 1:20 PM

Jan 2012
Koneko-chan<3 That beautiful piece of arse.

Mar 9, 2012 1:35 PM

Feb 2012
5/5!

But dat face of Raiser, still looks retarded >:
Mar 9, 2012 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
Easily the best episode yet...5/5
Mar 9, 2012 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
5/5; Wonder whats gonna happen to Koneko though. I really hope this anime will get a second season, after I saw the "Unlocking his powers" and how he only got another "Pawn" unlocked within him.
Mar 9, 2012 4:03 PM

Jan 2012
Why is it that my favorite character on this show has the least screentime? He's so much cooler than Issei and realistically, his powers are much more practical.

Can't wait to see him shine hopefully next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2012 4:18 PM

Jan 2012
prismheart said:
Chun Li was in this episode.
YES! Exactly my thoughts, rofl.
Mar 9, 2012 4:44 PM

Dec 2011
fanservice was good, but I still like the episodes from be4 more than this one. A lot of time was wasted on not important stuff.
Mar 9, 2012 4:51 PM
Jun 2010
I LOVED THE DRESS BREAK ! AHAHA BEST THING EVER, good episode i am worried about Koneko.
Mar 9, 2012 5:22 PM

Feb 2008
Kiba will have his screentime in the next episode

Ontopic:
I liked this episode. Altough I read the light novel thus I know the outcome, but I still like it animated.

Relunx
Mar 9, 2012 5:57 PM

May 2011
RedStarLight said:
Why is it that my favorite character on this show has the least screentime? He's so much cooler than Issei and realistically, his powers are much more practical.

It's unfortunate. But only the male lead will get a decent amount of attention when it comes to most harems. Especially since Yuuto doesn't really contribute anything to the ecchi theme they emphasize in this series.
-Kenshin-May 27, 2012 11:59 PM
Mar 9, 2012 6:37 PM
Jun 2008
so now rating game battle is on trap & etc all set

issei unleash his henshin snap finger dress breaker attack on twin chainsaw & drum stick indeed BEST MOVE EVER!!!

oh koneko was fighting a rip-off hoe-ski chun-li (ONORE raiser for having 15 or many womens).

yet IT'S a TRAP cause beating them koneko got blast by landmine cause big doobi hoe-ski.

ONORE yet next ep battle rating going full level?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 9, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2010
haha, i have to admit i'm pleasantly surprised :D
after previous seasons maken ki (wich i tought was utter crap) i tought this was going to be an other one of those boobs in your face, insert pantyshot here... kind of thing :D

and it is haha, but the diffrence be this is actualy good and pulls it of pretty well :)

all the fanservice doesn't feel so forced for some reason. i still think issei is a big idiot tough haha.
oh well appart from that i can't realy hate him. this was easely the best episode yet.

and shit hit the fan when that woman "blew up" koneke! but i think issei will tear her a new behind for doing that :D (and i think loosing her clothes will be the least of her worries whoehahaha)
Mar 9, 2012 7:36 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome battles.
Loved the Issei's attacks.
Im really enjoying it.
Mar 9, 2012 8:55 PM
Dec 2010
Epic episode. It's interesting and awesome how great an ecchi anime can get.
Mar 9, 2012 9:12 PM
Jun 2008
Paul said:
Oh dam, Koneko pics during the cm break.... win.

And i was completely right about Issei's powers. Lol.
To bad it only work on female(with nice body). I don't think it work on old lady or ugly girl .
MorningGloryMar 9, 2012 9:15 PM
Mar 9, 2012 9:13 PM
May 2011
RedStarLight said:

don't worry if DxD get's another season, the first arc of the season will be mostly about him because he plays a big part in vol 3 of the Light novel. and this season will only cover the first 2 volumes. so gotta hope for a second season
Mar 9, 2012 10:37 PM

Jul 2010
Naked Forever = Best Attack Forever
Mar 9, 2012 10:46 PM

Jul 2008
Sprayed some juice from my mouth after he said "Dress Break". LOLOLOLOL
Mar 9, 2012 11:04 PM

Apr 2011
After hearing the president saying she was the sister of a heir of Lucifer you have to wonder if we'll ever see Lucifer? As in THE Lucifer. You know Satan? The one that dated Saddam Hussein? Maybe we'll also see the Illuminati later on? Well whatever. The tits were nice and it seems Issei has developed a traumatizing power. For women I mean. Guy's wouldn't give a shit we let our junk hang out all the time.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 10, 2012 12:28 AM

Jan 2012
Come to think of it, I find what happened at the end of the ep to be odd..

We saw how strong and durable Koneko is during this ep. Also during that time she fought this thing earlier:

After all that, it irritates me that they decide to suddenly take her out with an explosion. They could've thought of something better, maybe like actually losing against that girl she claimed to be super strong..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2012 12:43 AM

Jul 2010
RedStarLight said:
Come to think of it, I find what happened at the end of the ep to be odd..

We saw how strong and durable Koneko is during this ep. Also during that time she fought this thing earlier:
She received a direct hit from Raiser's Queen. The monster she fought earlier was a small fry, and she managed to uphold the jaw of the thing from tearing her to pieces.
BULLDOG266 said:
After hearing the president saying she was the sister of a heir of Lucifer you have to wonder if we'll ever see Lucifer? As in THE Lucifer. You know Satan? The one that dated Saddam Hussein? Maybe we'll also see the Illuminati later on? Well whatever. The tits were nice and it seems Issei has developed a traumatizing power. For women I mean. Guy's wouldn't give a shit we let our junk hang out all the time.
The Lucifer died along with three others Maous centuries back during the battle royale with God and the Fallen Angels. Sirzechs Lucifer was originally a Gremory who was elevated by the surviving devils, along with three others, to become their King. He adopted the name Lucifer to cement his authority in line with tradition.

Mar 10, 2012 1:49 AM

May 2010
It's all good for now, but i have the feeling this will be one of those "overly ecchi anime, but no relationship with any of the girls"
Personally, i'd like to see IsseiXRias
Mar 10, 2012 1:54 AM

Apr 2008
dyils said:
It's all good for now, but i have the feeling this will be one of those "overly ecchi anime, but no relationship with any of the girls"
Personally, i'd like to see IsseiXRias

Really? I got the opposite reaction really. Then again that's probably cause I read what's translated so far XD
Mar 10, 2012 2:42 AM

May 2010
Dress Break may be a ridiculous technique but at the same time it's cool !!
Mar 10, 2012 3:15 AM

May 2011
Having a hard time trying to figure out why Hiryuu was the favored on this one

The quality is about the same as Desu's, I mean hell even their video sizes are the same.
Subdesu gets it out right on time and Hiryuu takes forever
Mar 10, 2012 4:18 AM

Oct 2011
amazing how many creative ways they find to undress girls/demons in this - really great to see issei finally go to war - loved the signature move! i really hope koneko has not been taken of the chess board - she's definitely one of my favorites on this anime...
Mar 10, 2012 4:54 AM

Dec 2011
I don't know how I'll handle the waiting time for S2 :(

This epsidoe was awesome

I like how now i know Issei's power is strong considering it had to be sealed so he doesnt destroy himself.

I also love the Training flash back they had of Issei and As- the nun forgot her name, she was so happy to have her clothing destroyed over and over and over and the "Don't worry i have lots of clothing, ill go change into another one, keep training issei!" Something along those lines anyway made me lol

Chun Li = Lol

Noo she got blasted :( I love her!

↑Bullshit, ordered 100mbps.. Waiting on technician to fix issue T.T↑
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would an "ecchiless" adaptation of DxD work?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 20

34 by IpreferEcchi »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

1 by IpreferEcchi »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.