Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2012 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
Blackbird said:
Hmm.. Did someone else realize that blue hairy glasses guy just sit still frozen when the library guy ex-teacher told everyone to get away?
I'm suspect of him to be the dead.

Sometimes the dead is a person that isn't haven't so much screentime but dunno .

Certainly plausible, but it wouldn't produce a mind boggling effect. If they were to use a character that had some screentime but as the audience, we just didn't think it would be him/her - then it would create a "mind blown-in-your-face" situation.
Feb 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Feb 2012
Blackbird said:
Hmm.. Did someone else realize that blue hairy glasses guy just sit still frozen when the library guy ex-teacher told everyone to get away?
I'm suspect of him to be the dead.

Sometimes the dead is a person that isn't haven't so much screentime but dunno .

Hm...I definitely feel like Kazami deserves more screentime, but I don't follow your logic that he's the Other. We'll have to see.
Feb 20, 2012 1:41 PM

Oct 2010
so this kills my idea that Kouichi was the dead one, now i think that it is eather Mei or that sort of red haired girl, the one who is some thing like the representative. beach episode next, i am not looking forward to it, why is there always a beach episode!?
Feb 20, 2012 1:42 PM

Dec 2011
jaysorbet said:
Lestrade said:
I don't think we should prematurely jump into conclusions. While Misaki's glass eye may have certain supernatural powers I don't believe she can determine the dead alone with that. There must be more indications why she considers Sakakibara a living person.

You're right. Last week, there were predictions that the teacher would kill a few students. Nope, he only killed himself.

Mei probably has some logic as to why Kouichi is not dead. The left eye scene is for mere speculation and predictions, so we can get thrown off just like the other climaxes, which this anime is amazing at doing.

Seconding this...

I also don't think Kazami is the dead one...
Feb 20, 2012 1:44 PM
Nov 2008
Mei says Kouichi isn't the dead one....but that dream.....really made me wonder.Teacher's suicide freaked me out completely. Guess more questions arise again xD This series will probably be my fave this season.
Feb 20, 2012 1:49 PM

Oct 2011
wow this was like so awsomly bloody and awsome :D ,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhg its so suspensfull!i cant wait for next week!
Feb 20, 2012 1:50 PM

Feb 2012
mel-hime said:
Mei says Kouichi isn't the dead one....but that dream.....really made me wonder.

The dream's a red herring. There is a very good chance that Kouichi's not the dead one.
Feb 20, 2012 1:51 PM

Mar 2008
akutasame94 said:

Exactly... But how did her mother know what would she look like? How can it be based on her? Someone is lying, or there is some explanation... I'll just wait and see :D

Dead daughter came from the same womb and testicle that Mei came.
It's just natural that she might looks like Mei, and Mai naturally served as a model for how she might look.

I think this story about "my other half" is just sister's jealousy and "dead sister complex".
When Mei fall ill and have her eye removed and replaced by the prosthetic eye she had 4 years. In that time her sister was already dead, around 1 year before. Kirika was probably still suffering.
I don't know when Kirika began to build that doll, but is not possible that she gave that eye to Mei as a memento?
And, if she also was victim of the curse? And if this dead sister could be the extra?
Just thinking...

Edit: forgot to write one line..
PaninaManinaFeb 20, 2012 1:56 PM
Feb 20, 2012 1:53 PM

Dec 2011
PaninaManina said:
akutasame94 said:

Exactly... But how did her mother know what would she look like? How can it be based on her? Someone is lying, or there is some explanation... I'll just wait and see :D

Dead daughter came from the same womb and testicle that Mei came.
It's just natural that she might looks like Mei, and Mai naturally served as a model for how she might look.

I think this story about "my other half" is just sister's jealousy and "dead sister complex".
When Mei fall ill e have her she had 4 years. In that time her sister was already dead, around 1 year before. Kirika was probably still suffering.
I don't know when Kirika began to build that doll, but is not possible that she gave that eye to Mei as a memento?
And, if she also was victim of the curse? And if this dead sister could be the extra?
Just thinking...

I missed this.... Damn, must resist asking google for help.... I resisted.... We'll see... Nice theory anyway...

@Hakuromatsu

When I saw the dream I knew for sure that he is not dead... This is classic moment in every horror movie and series...
Feb 20, 2012 2:02 PM

Jul 2011
i just watched the episode, dam the beginning was gruesome, i thought he was gonna kill a student but instead he killed himself in a horrible manner

i think kouichi and izumi were childhood friends of some sort because it seems like they know each other long before

im glad kouichi isn't the dead one but there are implications that he is, like his nightmare, i think misaki's left eye can see and sense the dead which is why she knows kouichi isn't dead but it cant be that simple because that would mean she would have already discovered who the dead one is by looking at all the students and drawn them out

5/5 for this episode, this anime is much better than i thought it would be
Feb 20, 2012 2:09 PM

Jul 2009
That red hair is delicious. Am I the only one looking forward to the next obligatory episode?
Feb 20, 2012 2:11 PM

Jul 2011
oh yea i forgot to mention that the preview of next weeks beach episode was just too funny, everyone was having fun and enjoying themselves like any other typical beach episode but we know it aint gonna be just comedy and fan-service, someone is GONNA DIE and in a gruesome way, probably drowning, falling of a cliff, getting eaten by sharks, being buried alive in sand, i cant believe it but im actually looking forward to see who gets killed and how they die <_<
Feb 20, 2012 2:12 PM

Dec 2011
kamikaze_1996 said:
i just watched the episode, dam the beginning was gruesome, i thought he was gonna kill a student but instead he killed himself in a horrible manner

i think kouichi and izumi were childhood friends of some sort because it seems like they know each other long before

im glad kouichi isn't the dead one but there are implications that he is, like his nightmare, i think misaki's left eye can see and sense the dead which is why she knows kouichi isn't dead but it cant be that simple because that would mean she would have already discovered who the dead one is by looking at all the students and drawn them out

5/5 for this episode, this anime is much better than i thought it would be

That dream is the strongest proof so far that he is not dead... If you watched some horrors and mystery movies with these scenes of dream you should know that the dreamer is never the evil thing or whatever is theme of the show....

EDIT:

Preview was not that funny...

Remember the last scene of it? Mei building something and then some other hands show up? Who might it be?
Feb 20, 2012 2:13 PM

Sep 2011
When the teacher killed himself.. was anyone else reminded of Hinamizawa Syndrome? >.> ..

Also, if you want it uncensored, just download the torrent off of nyaa.eu (it's MKV format) it has over 900 seeders so it's pretty healthy.

This episode was just.. oh my god. I got so many chills. I would've gotten more but GIF's of the dream sequence were spoiled on tumblr. :c
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Feb 20, 2012 2:24 PM

Dec 2009
SilentMelodies said:
Also, if you want it uncensored, just download the torrent off of nyaa.eu (it's MKV format) it has over 900 seeders so it's pretty healthy.

So it was only censored on CR not on TV? I find that weird. -_-'
Feb 20, 2012 2:27 PM

Dec 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
SilentMelodies said:

IT wasn't censored that much, just a little darkened.... So I saw pretty much everything...
Feb 20, 2012 2:28 PM

Jul 2011
akutasame94 said:

EDIT:

Remember the last scene of it? Mei building something and then some other hands show up? Who might it be?

lol to me it was, it was just funny seeing them all enjoy themselves like a typical beach episode preview but we all know it aint going to last, that and the unfitting music was just funny to me

it is probably kouichi or someone else helping to make a sand castle or something, they dont need to ignore misaki anymore right? i didn't read too much into that last part, it just looked like they were building something, unless they were burying something
Feb 20, 2012 2:30 PM

Dec 2011
kamikaze_1996 said:
akutasame94 said:

EDIT:

lol to me it was, it was just funny seeing them all enjoy themselves like a typical beach episode preview but we all know it aint going to last, that and the unfitting music was just funny to me

it is probably kouichi or someone else helping to make a sand castle or something, they dont need to ignore misaki anymore right? i didn't read too much into that last part, it just looked like they were building something, unless they were burying something

Yes, but why did they show it like that.... All happy and then sudden change of mood with that last scene...
Feb 20, 2012 2:37 PM

Apr 2011
THAT TEACHER IS A FRICKIN LOON AND FREAK!!

Think I may might want to drop this!!~

That red-head is still bugging me..DEATH TIME!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Feb 20, 2012 2:40 PM

Apr 2009
Kouichi's dream was scary. I was really wondering whether he might be the dead one for a moment.

The coffee scene was funny as hell to me. I could really feel the vibe of Kouichi x Akazawa. Now that's a weird pairing. But I won't be too surprised if it turns out she has a secret crush on him.

Great episode overall.
Feb 20, 2012 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
Teacher's suicide was really funny. The dream sequence was pretty neat.
[center]
Feb 20, 2012 2:50 PM

Mar 2008
The next beach episode will be essential.
If that beach is out of town where the curse don't reach then... Reiko is there. If the extra is she, Mei, Kouchi or who else could be, it's not a problem?
The extra can go out of town? It carries the curse with and around him? That temple is still in Yomiyama then I think it's ok, but Yomiyama don't have beachs.

Please don't brake my theories.
Feb 20, 2012 2:51 PM
Dec 2011
pretty good ep. kept me on my toes and revealed a bit as well as cleared some things up. ending was well done. 4/5
Feb 20, 2012 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
it was 5:47 PM eastern time when I decided to stop working and take a break for a little bit. with an empty stomach, now was a good time to replenish my strength and get in touch with one of my hobbies. "Another - 07 has just finished downloading," and with that, I decided to eat up and watch this at the same time.

the time is now 5:51 PM EST and I have this video paused at 2:48 just so I can write this. my response?

Feb 20, 2012 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
so, LOVED the teacher's gruesome death. blood splatter, hecks yeah! high five!
no one? anybody? ah well...

that dream sequence was rather interesting! the "peeling of the face" thing reminded
me heavily of poltergeist. xD interesting to see something like that animated.
very creepy.

it bothered me greatly when kouchi and izumi were alone together. why? because he
should be alone with MEI. darn me and my horrible shipping... izumi is cute though. c:

and kouchi should have definitely kissed mei when she was that close. heck, he
should be kissing her ALL the time. DON'T LEAVE MEI!

pretty great episode, i'm ready for death, fun fanservice, as well as story progression in the next ep.
if it falls short on one category i hope it is the .. fanservice one. unless it's kouchi
and mei fanservice. then i can live without a little death.

5/5!
Feb 20, 2012 3:01 PM

Sep 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
SilentMelodies said:

Well, was any of this censored? There's some scenes in the one that I'm watching that are just black, but I saw a GIF on Tumblr where one of the scenes had like a black spot on it so.

Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Feb 20, 2012 3:07 PM
Feb 2009
Could it be that the reason curse stopped half-way 15 years ago was because one of the students that died during school trip was already dead? That explains it pretty well, the fact that two people died on same day instead of one kid every month and the fact that they never figured out who was extra that year.

How come nobody in anime even thought of that?
Feb 20, 2012 3:11 PM
Jan 2010
akutasame94 said:
Sir_Lexa said:
^^^ I'm not sure if you're allowed to put up links to streaming sites...

I hope mods will tolerate it just this once so people who can't watch it on crunchyroll can do it here. They will remember the name of the site for the next time... ^^

Anyway I completed the episode...

I am pretty sure that Kouichi is not the dead one now. Also Mei said it like she knows it for sure... I wonder why... Might have to do something with here eye as we got pretty good zoom on it and that scene was pretty much focused on her eye.... I had a theory that Misaki who was dead in the first episode (until now known as Mei's cousin) was her twin sister and I hoped that she died in April... Looks like I was wrong, but somehow I also get a feeling that Mei is lying a little about her. So I'll wait a little longer... Also we didn't get much info this time...

So far I was right about two things:

Kuoichi is not the dead one
Class finally stopped ignoring them like I thought they would since preview of the episode 7 showed us that ignoring them doesn't do anything good...

What I don't understand is preview for episode 8... Are we going to get a filler episode..? Mei never invited Kouichi to go with her to the beach, and not to talk about the others. Maybe others went there to be with Mei after Kouihci told them, so they keep company to Mei after ignoring her all this time....

Who knows... I only know that I can't wait for the next episode...

5/5

I have a feeling the beach scenes might be related to the "field trip" they were talking about going on.
Feb 20, 2012 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
kFYatek said:
The coffee scene was funny as hell to me. I could really feel the vibe of Kouichi x Akazawa. Now that's a weird pairing. But I won't be too surprised if it turns out she has a secret crush on him.

Well it's very clear that Kouichi and Akazawa have met before, maybe one-and-half years ago, when Kouichi's dad claimed that he had visited the town.
Feb 20, 2012 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
I loved how all the gore in this episode did not feel misplaced or exploitative. On the contrary, it just fits so well that dreadful vibe that without it the episode would not be the same.

I also liked how Kouichi's father starts to tell how he loves him and the kid desperatly tries to run away and hang up the phone. XD Even though he is going through all that tension of thinking "am I the dead one or not?" XD Also isn't it cool how people were already especulating "I think Sakakibara is the Another" and this epi wanted so much to rule that out?

That say beach episode nooooeeeeeess XD
Feb 20, 2012 3:30 PM

Jun 2011
veery good
Feb 20, 2012 3:32 PM

Feb 2012
Good and intriguing episode. But is it just me, or did the teacher look like he was trying to stop from killing himself? Like he was possessed or something. Plus the fact that the curse was stopped midway one year by a visit to a temple? Makes me think that something more sinister is at work......
Every minute you are thinking of evil, you might have been thinking of good instead. Refuse to pander to a morbid interest in your own misdeeds. Pick yourself up, be sorry, shake yourself, and go on again.
Evelyn Underhill

Feb 20, 2012 3:34 PM

Mar 2008
I can visualize...

A trip, a bunch of students, one hotel isolated and alone.
The kids begin to play "who live, who die, who kill": "murder a friend to save your friends, accept be killed by a friend or else all friends die".
"CHOOSE!"
Feb 20, 2012 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
It seems to me that Misaki might of been the child that died at birth, and therefore the one who is dead. She said in the first episode that she was delivering the doll to her other half, and the dolls were half modeled after her. She also seemed really sure that Sakakibara was not the one who was dead. But this is just an theory.
"Let me be not so vain to think that I am the sole author of my victories and a victim of my defeats" - Zefrank1

"Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he is a little bit of an asshole, and no one invites them to their pool parties." - Zefrank1
Feb 20, 2012 3:37 PM

Mar 2011
That episode was fucked up! The death at the beginning nearly made me sick and I was trying so hard not to squeal. But that is what I love about this, its not a good horror if it doesn't make you scared. Also the dream was scary as hell idk it looked very weird.

Kouichi and Mei are no longer ignored, now the class are talking to them yay. Next episode is a beach episode... I wonder if it'll get scary like todays.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Feb 20, 2012 3:43 PM

Aug 2010
Lulexiaa said:
Someone is so drowning next episode XDDD

LOL thought the same thing when I saw it was a beach episode :P

I've been thinking since the second episode but I think the twintails has a thing for Kouichi, if I'm not overthinking.
Feb 20, 2012 3:46 PM

Mar 2008
Kawaii7878 said:
Lulexiaa said:
Someone is so drowning next episode XDDD

LOL thought the same thing when I saw it was a beach episode :P

No.
Eat by a shark
GASHUNK!

Feb 20, 2012 3:52 PM

Jul 2011
Primity said:
it was 5:47 PM eastern time when I decided to stop working and take a break for a little bit. with an empty stomach, now was a good time to replenish my strength and get in touch with one of my hobbies. "Another - 07 has just finished downloading," and with that, I decided to eat up and watch this at the same time.

the time is now 5:51 PM EST and I have this video paused at 2:48 just so I can write this. my response?

moral of the story:
dont eat while watching a horror anime

i did the same thing while watching HOTD..............so i understand
Feb 20, 2012 3:57 PM

Mar 2008
I was eating chocolate.
Feb 20, 2012 4:05 PM

Jul 2011
^ lol obviously chocolate and snacks such as popcorn are fine, but when i was watching HOTD i was eating spaghetti while watching flash eating zombies and blood splatters on my tv, it ruined my apatite and i ended up feeling sick
Feb 20, 2012 4:12 PM

Mar 2008
HOTD is weak.
Try read Spiral by Junji Ito, and don't need eat nothing.
After I finish read, I sealed in a plastic and never more touch that thing. Just think is disgusting.
Feb 20, 2012 4:19 PM
Jul 2011
akutasame94 said:
Sir_Lexa said:
akutasame94 said:
Where did you watch it? Raw or Sub?

It's on Crunchyroll. Horriblesubs version is also available atm :)

AAAAH it's not available in my country........

Fuck me and my country....
I watch it on animefreak.tv
Feb 20, 2012 4:20 PM

Jan 2011
Dear god..so much blood! as much as i was expecting him to go on a killing spree i'm glad he just killed himself but when i saw the knife fling in the air i thought it was gonna stab someone lol

but this class trip two students died and it stopped the deaths?

teachers want to make sure all the students go on this death trap so they can deal with it on there own is what i'm getting for this,i would had left town just like all the random students are going to when summer break starts!.

still keeping my hopes up for sportys guy and twin tails to make it to the end
Feb 20, 2012 4:25 PM

Jul 2011
PaninaManina said:
HOTD is weak.
Try read Spiral by Junji Ito, and don't need eat nothing.
After I finish read, I sealed in a plastic and never more touch that thing. Just think is disgusting.

nah, i don't think i would want another gruesome anime on my list, i watched HOTD because my friends recommended it to me, and it turned out to be really good, and was a great anime despite the ridiculous amount of fan service

the most gruesome and adult manga/anime ive seen would have to be Gantz, which is good once you get used to your favourite characters dying all the time, the anime is finished but the manga is still on-going
Feb 20, 2012 4:26 PM

Jan 2012
I didn't love this episode, it seemed boring to me, but I still think Mei is the dead one, but I dunno. It would be cool if someone died by a shark attack.
Feb 20, 2012 4:29 PM
Nov 2010
It was about time this show did something somewhat horrifying.
4/5
Feb 20, 2012 4:31 PM

Mar 2008
!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

Anyone here read mangá version?
In the spoiler above are three pages of it, one scene that was cut of in episode 5 and gave a HUGE HINT about who is the extra.

Nothing so big, just seems to confirm a few thoughts that i see here:

And also [not spoiler, stay cool]:

Yukari's death:

Mizuno our dear late waifu's death:

Teacher death:

The doubt, who is changing the original book? The mangá or anime?
Anime is more different form original? And more poor translated?
In the book the characters are all that cold and apathetic?

PaninaManinaFeb 20, 2012 4:35 PM
Feb 20, 2012 4:35 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Z-flame said:
4/5

Nah, that wasn't horrifying. Horrifying would have been if he first said he had turned in failing grades for all of them so they'd have to repeat next year.
;)
Feb 20, 2012 4:37 PM
Nov 2010
Cratex said:
Z-flame said:
4/5

Nah, that wasn't horrifying. Horrifying would have been if he first said he had turned in failing grades for all of them so they'd have to repeat next year.
;)

Notice I said "somewhat", I didn't consider the dream to be that scary, still it's better than the previous episodes.
Feb 20, 2012 4:40 PM

Jul 2011
oh wait theres a manga version, i didn'y know, is any good? how far ahead/behind is it from the anime?
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.