Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jun 26, 2012 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
So much hate, lol but yet all the people still get suckered into downloading the dlc. So the new DLC is out, i'll have to check it out my self and be the judge

Jun 26, 2012 2:41 PM

Jul 2011
link9us said:
So much hate, lol but yet all the people still get suckered into downloading the dlc. So the new DLC is out, i'll have to check it out my self and be the judge

Hey, hey Link9us...Psst...Lets talk about how much we enjoyed Mass effect 3 ^_^

I honestly did, i went in with realistic expectations and the entire game was great. The action was great, the story was what i expected and i actually enjoyed the ending. I didn't expect lots of variations, they were telling a story and they told it, the experience was great. I don't need verification for every little thing i have done, it was all fun =D.

Plus Shepherd died at the end, sounds bad but i wanted that and it was good they didn't show a corny end of movie style picture reel of "hey, remember Tali? She's opening up a hot dog stand on her new planet thanks to you, way to go you *Double point*. Leaves it open to your imagination and debate.

I also think it may have suffered from people playing WAY to much of Mass Effect, i know i played quite a bit. I think i did at least 9ish play throughs over the first 2 games by the time i had gotten to ME3 but expecting everything to have a call back was unrealistic. From a story writing point of view i don't want a finale broken up by that guy i saved in ME1 saying thanks for collecting lots of ore and writing that many variations into a story would of been insanity to develop.

The only thing that angers me about the entire thing though has been the fans. You can hate the ending of ME3, you can hate Bioware for the ending of ME3 but no one has a right to demand something be changed due to them not liking it. Its a product, some of us would even debate that gaming is getting closer to art like movies. To ask someone to change their creative decisions because YOUR unhappy is insulting. You payed 40 pounds for a product, you don't have to like it but you are not owed anything, trade it in, bin it. You payed full price for a good game with an ending you disliked, i have played many of those, we all have. what people are doing now is childish and its showing that we are defiantly living in an age where people feel like they are entitled to stuff they are not. No one would walk out of a movie theater and throw a ticket in someones face and demand a re-fund or demand they change the ending because they disliked it. Its little messed up.

I know this won't be a popular statement but its how life works. Some of you need to realize what your saying, think about this from a logical point of view. Honestly i am not even really that mad at you guys, you can hate stuff. That is your opinion and there's always going to be people demanding they are owed something but the fact that Bioware gave in to those demands made me loose allot of respect for them.
Jun 26, 2012 7:26 PM

Jul 2008
Siion said:
Lets talk about how much we enjoyed Mass effect 3 ^_^
Fuck you, this game is an abomination and needs to be purged from the Earth. I think asking for only a new ending wasn't enough. We should have been given an entire new game, the whole game was shit, people only focus on the end because is was the most shitty part.

It was a shit effort from a studio that boasted the game as an effort greater than the past ME games, which it clearly wasn't. To say that I'm not owed something is wrong, it was if I went to a professional sporting event and the athletes were half-assing the whole game.

EDIT: not to mention we were charged for a day 1 DLC pack. If Bethesda were to release a day 1 expansion for Skyrim, people would have thrown a fucking fit.
DefianceJun 26, 2012 7:41 PM
Jun 26, 2012 8:22 PM

Sep 2008
Siion said:

The only thing that angers me about the entire thing though has been the fans. You can hate the ending of ME3, you can hate Bioware for the ending of ME3 but no one has a right to demand something be changed due to them not liking it. Its a product, some of us would even debate that gaming is getting closer to art like movies. To ask someone to change their creative decisions because YOUR unhappy is insulting. You payed 40 pounds for a product, you don't have to like it but you are not owed anything, trade it in, bin it. You payed full price for a good game with an ending you disliked, i have played many of those, we all have. what people are doing now is childish and its showing that we are defiantly living in an age where people feel like they are entitled to stuff they are not. No one would walk out of a movie theater and throw a ticket in someones face and demand a re-fund or demand they change the ending because they disliked it. Its little messed up.

Here's that "entitled" buzzword again.

You definitely have about as much right to ask a product be changed as much as a Artist has the right to change it or not. People who use "hurr well it's art it shouldn't be changed" are just pants on head retarded. There are many examples of art being changed by an Artist to appeal to more people. Just look at the Directors Cut of Blade Runner, which is widely considered to be the better version of the movie.

Just about every movie has extended cuts, director cuts, HD editions, X rated version or what have you now a days.

Sure Bioware has a right to refuse our demands and stand on the fact that "it's art it shouldn't change" but at the end of the day Bioware is a business, consumers keep them operating and pissing off which was virtually the mass majority of their fan base, probably means they aren't gonna be making as much as they should or could on their next product.

and in all honestly do you think EA and Bioware give more of a damn about Artistic integrity or Profit?

I'll give you a hint its probably the ladder.
JigeroJun 26, 2012 10:58 PM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jun 26, 2012 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
I never cared for the extended cut they should live with their mistakes the shame would be bigger, but it's good enough I guess there's some closure and least it resembles an ending.

Siion said:

Your whole post smells of peasantry, take that as you will.
Jun 26, 2012 9:26 PM

Sep 2011
this extended cut seems kind a pointless due to how late it was, like think about it its exactly like this

someone shoots you in the gut and leaves you there laughing, you go to the hospital and spend months recovering and going through therapy to get back to normal every day life, then finally months after you have fully recovered the shooter returns to give a band aid and a apology note.

the damage is already done and healed, frankly i dont think to may people gave a shit about ME3 being such a train wreck any more, they accepted it as a POS game and the ending dlc isnt gonna do much to sway them, people already moved on.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 27, 2012 12:40 AM

Jul 2007
Siion said:
Plus Shepherd died at the end, sounds bad but i wanted that and it was good they didn't show a corny end of movie style picture reel of "hey, remember Tali? She's opening up a hot dog stand on her new planet thanks to you, way to go you *Double point*. Leaves it open to your imagination and debate.

ITs a CHOICE-BASED GAME, which had the MAIN Selling point of "you make choices for your characters and their lives and destinies change dramatically".

DId someone buy ME franchise to shoot at stuff? NO. Showing how your choices affected the grand scheme of things and the character lives IS needed. As it is, only one choice matters, the last choice. You could have been the second Jesus or the second Kaligula and would STILL get same endings. That is NOT good for such a game franchise.

Its a rushed, stupid, non-interactive ending that breaks narrative coherence of whole franchise and spits at all of your choices you ever did. And Bioware HAS to suffer for delivering a subpar product to the customers.

Siion said:

Oh look the "entitlement"crap again.why don't you use the worlds like "elitist" too in the post, while you are at it?

this pretty much explains why such an argument is bullshit and why we, the customers have EVERY right to be "entitled"

Defiance said:
Siion said:
Lets talk about how much we enjoyed Mass effect 3 ^_^
Fuck you, this game is an abomination and needs to be purged from the Earth. I think asking for only a new ending wasn't enough. We should have been given an entire new game, the whole game was shit, people only focus on the end because is was the most shitty part.

It was a shit effort from a studio that boasted the game as an effort greater than the past ME games, which it clearly wasn't. To say that I'm not owed something is wrong, it was if I went to a professional sporting event and the athletes were half-assing the whole game.

EDIT: not to mention we were charged for a day 1 DLC pack. If Bethesda were to release a day 1 expansion for Skyrim, people would have thrown a fucking fit.

THIS.

Dragon Age II was utterly subpar.
TORtanic was utterly subpar.
ME3 was utterly subpar.

Bioware does NOT deserve ANY respect or sales or praise. I have no faith of them getting back into quality stuff and will most likely ignore any stuff they release till they finally and thankfully go bankrupt and never return to game industry ever again.

JonyJC said:
I never cared for the extended cut they should live with their mistakes the shame would be bigger, but it's good enough I guess there's some closure and least it resembles an ending.

Except it did not.

ME: "why did crucible not explode relays even though WE SEE them explode?"
FogboyMarysue: "oh don't mind them, they do not really explode you are only imagining them to, they are gently shutting down instead".

ME:"How does Crucible even WORK in terms of lore technology?
FogboyMarysue: "errrr...space magic of the God?....
ME:"So it basically does not even fit into the science outlined in the lore?...
FogboyMarysue: "I AM A GOD, DON't Question me!

ME: "WHAT ARE YOU EVEN AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR WHOLE THREE GAMES?
FogboyMarysue: "Well I am GOD obviously, with this Extended Cut I even imply it."
ME: " Bull, everyone evolved through natural selection."
FogboyMarysue: " Haven't you learned from protheans that is wrong?I created you all in seven days"
ME: "...."

Me: "HOW the hell does merging synthetics and organics would make them into GODS?"
FogboyMarysue: "errr, duh it happens, that's all"

Me: "How the hell does the destroy ending EVEN WORK? What does it mean for people with cybernetic body parts? implants? It sure as hell FOR SOME REASON kills me, what about them?"
FogboyMarysue: "stop asking those questions and just chose one of those three senseless things

Me: "oh go to hell I refsue to chose any of those illogical choices!" *shoots the starbrat*
FogboyMarysue: IDIOT! Its not like I even like you OR ANYTHING... *dere dere*" *leaves"
Bioware: : "Ha ha! Star Child is the pinnacle of all intelligence and he only he knows what is good for the universe and only he could save you all. Now, Sheppard has chosen the wrong choice and EVERYONE dies, because only those three choices are right. Here, watch a Liara-beacon where she pleads the next cycle to not make the stupid mistake of not choosing and to accept one of fogboy's choices because well OBVIOUSLY he is the only one right and infallible in the whole franchise."
AhenshihaelJun 27, 2012 1:14 AM
Jun 27, 2012 3:13 AM

Jan 2011
Fai said:

JonyJC said:

Except it did not.

None of what you or I perceive as a well written story matters at this point the damage is done this is the best possible thing they could do short of making a whole new game with a staff of artists making decisions instead of suits, not going to make buy the game though.
Jun 27, 2012 6:13 AM

Jul 2011
*Thumbs up* You guys got so mad, it was hilarious ^_^

Calm down, most of you are adults. Don't worry though, i did not come here to argue. It would be a pointless endeavour that none of us would get anything out of and its an argument i know i am in the minority of. I did enjoy Mass effect 3 though =)

I just wanted to see which of you would say "Its great that you enjoyed the game, i disagree with you though". This was embarrassing to watch, your all very angry people 0_o. None of you took the high road here.
Jun 27, 2012 7:00 AM

Oct 2011
Siion said:
I just wanted to see which of you would say "Its great that you enjoyed the game, i disagree with you though".

It's great that you enjoyed the game & I agree it's a good game,would've been a perfect 10/10.But then there's the ending...................................yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh,it's a minus in my opinion.It was decent but had obvious flaws.So,I agree with the majority.

I'm not posting hundreds of comments online saying,requesting or even demanding they should change the ending,I never did.Anyway,they already announced the extended cut by the time I got the game.I posted my opinions about the ending & moved on with my life.

Now about the "whiners",I do agree there were some whiners acting like middle school brats bitching & moaning about the ending & demanding a new one.But there's also people who were treating this debate like a college essay saying Bioware CAN change the ending.And Bioware is partly to blame for this "Ending Sh*tstorm" for reasons,but I'm not gonna state since no one will care (probably).

So a majority don't like the ending,who cares?A majority says the game itself is great,possibly perfect for those who liked the ending.Let's move pass this sh*tstorm & move on to the next one.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jun 27, 2012 7:34 AM

Jan 2010
Destroy ending >>>>
Refusal ending was hilarious as hell tho. SO BE IT. Oh Bioware, I love you..

Also hearing Shepard telling Kaiden that s/he loves him. I fucking can't.
EDIT: And people here are embarrassing as fuck.
Jun 27, 2012 8:54 AM

Jul 2011
Jeddy017 said:
Siion said:
I just wanted to see which of you would say "Its great that you enjoyed the game, i disagree with you though".

It's great that you enjoyed the game & I agree it's a good game,would've been a perfect 10/10.But then there's the ending...................................yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh,it's a minus in my opinion.It was decent but had obvious flaws.So,I agree with the majority.

I'm not posting hundreds of comments online saying,requesting or even demanding they should change the ending,I never did.Anyway,they already announced the extended cut by the time I got the game.I posted my opinions about the ending & moved on with my life.

Now about the "whiners",I do agree there were some whiners acting like middle school brats bitching & moaning about the ending & demanding a new one.But there's also people who were treating this debate like a college essay saying Bioware CAN change the ending.And Bioware is partly to blame for this "Ending Sh*tstorm" for reasons,but I'm not gonna state since no one will care (probably).

So a majority don't like the ending,who cares?A majority says the game itself is great,possibly perfect for those who liked the ending.Let's move pass this sh*tstorm & move on to the next one.

Thanks Jeddy017 for restoring my belief in humans ^_^. You disagreed with me without being childish. Your awesome *thumbs up*

I honestly don't mind if people disagree with me, i like to hear other opinions but i like to do it like an adult. There are to many games coming out for this to be an issue to be honest.

Holypoop is also awesome, also because you have an Archer Gif in your profile.
Jun 27, 2012 9:43 AM

Jul 2007
JonyJC said:
Fai said:

JonyJC said:

Except it did not.

None of what you or I perceive as a well written story matters at this point the damage is done this is the best possible thing they could do short of making a whole new game with a staff of artists making decisions instead of suits, not going to make buy the game though.

What i found is hilarious is that Bioware took Refusal ending and made it by RIPING OFF A FANFIC, word by word, except for, well you know,resolution that does not involve "you are fools for not chosing one of those three"

remember this?
http://arkis.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-3-Alternate-Endings-SPOILERS-289902125

sounds familiar?

it should. Bioware took a piss of fanbase by taking a perfectly valid alternative a lot of fans liked and twisting it into trolling.

Siion said:
It would be a pointless endeavour that none of us would get anything out of and its an argument i know i am in the minority of. I.

how the hell is it pointless?

CONSUMERS are the SOLE reason Bioware exists.

Bioware delivers mediocre product. consumers get angry, bioware finaly gets bankrupt.

Thats how it works according to economic theory.

We do not have any "obligations" to bioware to be NICE to them. They are a corporation. an economics theory machine of supply and demand. ANd supply is nothing without demand.
Jun 27, 2012 12:50 PM

Jul 2008
Siion said:

Calm down, most of you are adults. Don't worry though, i did not come here to argue. It would be a pointless endeavour that none of us would get anything out of and its an argument i know i am in the minority of. I did enjoy Mass effect 3 though =)

I just wanted to see which of you would say "Its great that you enjoyed the game, i disagree with you though". This was embarrassing to watch, your all very angry people 0_o. None of you took the high road here.
It's because of people like you that a company like EA can walk all over the gaming community. It seems Bioware's indoctrination has completed on this one.
Jun 27, 2012 3:42 PM

Jul 2011
No no no Fai, your over reacting again. Its not a pointless debate for you, it is a pointless debate for me. As in, i don't really care all that much to be honest and i don't really get anything out of it. Don't get me wrong, i have enjoyed Biowares games but there's allot coming out, why would i get hung up on one ending of a game i played awhile back when i could play through another 4. Played a few games that i considered bad, i just kinda said "this wasn't that great" and then...then...i moved on...

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cent's not have a week long debate able a game i finished a month ago. Who wins out of that?

Defiance said:
Siion said:

It's because of people like you that a company like EA can walk all over the gaming community. It seems Bioware's indoctrination has completed on this one.

Indeed Defiance, why the man always gotta keep us down? EA is always oppressing us. Life is super hard. Sarcasm folks, I'm here all week *double point*

I am going to throw this out there, if you enjoy a game then great, if you don't then don't buy it or if you already have which is understandable then trade it in or by the tone of some of you in here, burn it. Just for the love of all things sane, move on with your lives. I know this was a big let down for allot of you and that sucks, it really does but its almost to the level of you was turned down by your first love and now you decided, in the most rational manner, decided stalk her o_o. Its one out of many many video games.
Jun 27, 2012 4:26 PM

Jul 2008
Siion said:
or by the tone of some of you in here, burn it.
Seeing as how trading in a PC game is difficult, I actually plan on shooting it with my Smith and Wesson 686 tomorrow when I go to the range. I've been holding off on doing it to see what Bioware was going to do with this "extended cut", but it hasn't really changed my mind, tbh. I'll remember to post pics for you btw.
Jun 27, 2012 4:52 PM

Jul 2011
Defiance said:
Siion said:
Seeing as how trading in a PC game is difficult, I actually plan on shooting it with my Smith and Wesson 686 tomorrow when I go to the range. I've been holding off on doing it to see what Bioware was going to do with this "extended cut", but it hasn't really changed my mind, tbh. I'll remember to post pics for you btw.

See, i am actually all for that. You've decided to just put aside the game because you didn't like it. *Tears up* You've grown up so fast Defiance, papa is so proud =*D
Jun 27, 2012 5:54 PM

Jul 2008
Siion said:
Defiance said:
Siion said:

See, i am actually all for that. You've decided to just put aside the game because you didn't like it. *Tears up* You've grown up so fast Defiance, papa is so proud =*D
Well it's forever on my origin account, so I have no clue what you are talking about. Though feel free to think things are going your way lol.

EDIT:not to mention shooting the damn thing doesn't really take away my disdain for it. I was still ripped off, I have every right to be as piss off as long as I want about it.
DefianceJun 27, 2012 6:11 PM
Jun 27, 2012 6:10 PM

Jul 2011
Defiance said:
Siion said:
Defiance said:
Siion said:

Well it's forever on my origin account, so I have no clue what you are talking about. Though feel free to think things are going your way lol.

Your very kind ^_^

I also, at this point have no idea what i am on about...
Jul 1, 2012 4:07 PM

Jun 2008
Will play the extended ending soon. I might actually finish my second playthrough now. But I doubt it.
Jul 1, 2012 6:36 PM

Jul 2011
Tachii said:
Will play the extended ending soon. I might actually finish my second playthrough now. But I doubt it.

I am in the same position, i am now on my 2nd play through which is my Paragon since my first was renegade but it feels like a long game since its always pushing you into action or so much talking. Hard to find the motivation to finish it a 2nd time.
Jul 1, 2012 7:06 PM

Jun 2008
FUUUUUU- Just accidentally deleted my first playthrough by accident. Facepalmed. Now it looks like I have to play my second playthrough... :/
Jul 1, 2012 7:42 PM

Feb 2005
Defiance said:
So, anything about those pics?
I'd join in and burn mine or something, but luckily, I pirated it first after hearing all the whining about it

The new endings does add some closure I suppose, but it doesn't fix the main problem, we still don't get nearly what we were promised. They do add a new choice though that's more to my liking, at least it doesn't involve stupid magical asspulls like the other endings.
Jul 1, 2012 8:20 PM

Jul 2008
Baman said:
So, anything about those pics?
The range officer apparently didn't like my choice of target because of "debris", so it will apparently survive until I get to a friend's house outside of city limits. Taking a vacation from work for a week in two weeks so it will probably be then. I suppose I do owe a teaser at least.
Jul 2, 2012 10:50 AM

Jul 2011
Tachii said:
FUUUUUU- Just accidentally deleted my first playthrough by accident. Facepalmed. Now it looks like I have to play my second playthrough... :/

That sucks so much o_o. I did that to a play through on Skyrim.
Jul 3, 2012 10:56 AM

Jan 2011
Defiance said:
The range officer apparently didn't like my choice of target because of "debris", so it will apparently survive until I get to a friend's house outside of city limits. Taking a vacation from work for a week in two weeks so it will probably be then. I suppose I do owe a teaser at least.
]

Gotta love mericans and their guns.
Jul 6, 2012 3:46 AM
Jan 2010
i loved the new extended cut, it was better then that short ass ending that didn't give much closer
Jul 14, 2012 7:05 AM

Jul 2007
Tachii said:

Oh gods, I feel for you...I don't know what I would do if I had to replay this game.

its like rewatching Blood C.
Oct 17, 2022 6:06 AM
Dec 2017
nope i have no intention at all, in supporting a shitty woke franchise.

Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
46 minutes ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
5 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
5 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
7 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
Today, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.