Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2012 2:24 PM

Oct 2011
So , I was looking for one for ages , and couldn't find any that meets my expectations and wondering if you could help me fellow MAL users .

** Whereever I look , there were some really bad recommandations like Naruto , I mean a little bit blushing or something in every 40 episodes ? ( Just giving an example , maybe there are more ) I don't call it romance . No . Bleach and Death Note .

*** You can rate it in your head . It could be great if you shared that rating with me too :P Like lets say Naruto , its %95 percent Action and %5 percent romance . NO ! Don't want that ( It's also an example , maybe there are more , I'm saying these because there may be people who is stating it instead of recommending something :P )

So rate it in your head . So far , SnS 3 was great for me . Not 1-2 , those were bad , good action , very bad romance . I mean there was a love triangle , which I don't like , and main character was indecisive. In SnS 3 , he made up his mind , and also was very powerfull ( Going to talk about characters in a bit ) So , think about ratings , one of them shouldn't pass %70 , ( Romance may pass ) and romance should develop good , not one of them pushy and other is shy , getting all blushed.

** So about genres, I don't really like Harem/Triangle or something like that . Normal 2 people , developing* relationship. About Characters , most of shows chars are bad , especially male lead . Indecisiveness/Pervert/Shy or ''No , I don't want my boring life to change . I don't want powers ''

So , for examples :
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu : Was GREAT . But there weren't any romance :( Only in last episode , last minute . I mean .. no .

Stuff looks like all same to me , all they lack is .. Male lead. They always shy or stupid or pervert or something . It just not develops !?!?!? I'm mad.
Omamori Himari / Highschool DxD / Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi / Seto no Hanayome / Asobi ni Iku yo! .

And there is to Love - Ru : If I remember correctly , main girl was okay with sharing the boy ? BS.

Baka to test : Stupidest male lead ever . Really .

A lot of people recommend Fushigi Yuugi , bad it looked bad so I kinda forced myself to watch first episode :(

***Zero no Tsukaima was also great ,there was a love triangle BUT main male DID made a choice so , everything was great . ( But it wasn't as good as SnS , all that new elf girl thing push it away from romance to comedy part :/ )

So far the SnS 3 was great for me , I hope I made my self clear , and won't see any recommandations that I said I didn't like ( or an empty page :P ) and you guys help me and people like me
This post was very long , I'm not sure if someone will read it all :P but if you do , Thank you so much !!

Could be great if you searched in list if it is there , just ctrl + f and write nothing hard :)
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/barisc_1903
BarizzFeb 3, 2012 4:51 AM
Feb 2, 2012 2:51 PM

May 2008
Eureka Seven!
Feb 2, 2012 3:02 PM

Mar 2011
Higurashi no Eden
Feb 2, 2012 3:05 PM

Oct 2011
HKenji said:
Higurashi no Eden

I was about to edit in that in my post but you are faster than me lol .
Already watched , was great except the ending . And it didn't felt like it developed tiny bit so that mus be the reason of why I didn't write in first place :) Thanks anyway :)
Feb 2, 2012 3:25 PM
Jan 2012
Rurouni Kenshin

Basilisk

Mirai Nikki (don't know if this fits your requirement)

Hidan no Aria (kinda harem I think)
Feb 2, 2012 3:53 PM

Oct 2011
hell132 said:
Rurouni Kenshin

Basilisk

Mirai Nikki (don't know if this fits your requirement)

Hidan no Aria (kinda harem I think)

Thank you ! I saw Aria and Nikki but didn't really check them out , but going to do it since you mention :)
Feb 2, 2012 5:28 PM

Apr 2011
Zelnaga said:
Eureka Seven!

I entered the thread just to say this.

Eureka Seven.

SUPER character development by the end of the show, trust me on that one.
Feb 2, 2012 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
kekaishi, the romance is kidna slow at first but it really does get adorable.......wow did i really just say that.,......damn my obsession over romance

martian successor nadesico

rahXephon(not for everyone and not really what your looking for)

the currently airing show guilty crown is a romance/aciton

doubt this coutns but gosick, it has aciton its just not a aciton show, there are fight scenes and such but its not a main focus but there was alot more than i expected the show to have

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2, 2012 6:27 PM
Oct 2011
GoSick has its own type of romance to it , its like friend ship in a way but it is also a romance as well. Has a great story and every episode keeps you interested . Very amusing art as well. i Hope you give it a try.

for best non action anime romance.. easy

Kachou wa maid sama

ToraDora! ( most peoples Favorite )

let me know if these dont help i know many more you can just comment on my page or message me.
Feb 2, 2012 7:04 PM

May 2011
Rurouni Kenshin
Basilisk
Chrome Shelled Regios
Heroic Age
Macross Frontier
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2012 1:48 AM

Oct 2011
NeDz said:
GoSick has its own type of romance to it , its like friend ship in a way but it is also a romance as well. Has a great story and every episode keeps you interested . Very amusing art as well. i Hope you give it a try.

for best non action anime romance.. easy

Kachou wa maid sama

ToraDora! ( most peoples Favorite )

let me know if these dont help i know many more you can just comment on my page or message me.

Yeah I'm going to look at Gosick ,seen around but not really check it .
I watched other two but you know I hate it when people give examples of like that :P non action romance , that's why I said % ratings thing .
And thank you for suggestions :)

Hexis said:
Rurouni Kenshin
Basilisk
Chrome Shelled Regios
Heroic Age
Macross Frontier

You sure about those ? You know I'm guessing I wrote it like 10 times about '' No little bit or undeveloping romance '' and I'm guessing they are going to be like that EVEN if they are must watch .
Feb 3, 2012 3:06 AM

May 2009
Going by your favourites, I'd suggest Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom.

Kaiba is great too, but the action is more understated. I can say the same for Gankutsuou, but you don't want complicated relationships, so probably stay away from this.
Feb 3, 2012 4:37 AM

Oct 2011
Athena said:
Going by your favourites, I'd suggest Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom.

Kaiba is great too, but the action is more understated. I can say the same for Gankutsuou, but you don't want complicated relationships, so probably stay away from this.

My Favourites are mainly because one character , Which is like ''Keima'' in Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai , and also ending music was great . Other than that story felt like one big filler :P So only SnS 3 was a good example on that list .
BarizzFeb 3, 2012 5:05 AM
Feb 3, 2012 9:01 AM

Mar 2009
Take the time to update your anime list. It makes it much easier to make appropriate viewing suggestions. It also eliminates the insult you give when you say "Oh, I already watched that" after someone takes the time to recommend it.

Most involve action. A few do not.
An asterisk "*" just means there are additional seasons, movies, ovas, etc.

.Anime Title - .Eps - .Year - .My Rating
Gallery Fake - 37 - 2005 - 10
Howl's Moving Castle - 1 - 2004 - 10
Only Yesterday - 1 - 1991 - 10
RahXephon - 26 - 2002 - 10
Revolutionary Girl Utena * - 39 - 1997 - 10
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - 4 - 1999 - 10
Blood+ - 50 - 2005 - 9
Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma * - 12 - 2005 - 9
Fushigi Yuugi * - 52 - 1995 - 9
Hanasakeru Seishounen - 39 - 2009 - 9
5 Centimeters per Second - 3 - 2007 - 9
Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou - 24 - 2005 - 9
Glass Mask (2005) - 51 - 2005 - 9
Kawamo wo Suberu Kaze - 1 - 2011 - 9
Koi Kaze - 13 - 2004 - 9
Planetes - 26 - 2003 - 9
Ayashi no Ceres - 24 - 2000 - 8
Hakushaku to Yousei - 12 - 2008 - 8
Hana yori Dango - 51 - 1996 - 8
Kuragehime - 11 - 2010 - 8
Saiunkoku Monogatari* - 39 - 2006 - 8
Tsubasa Chronicle * (+ movies/ovas) - 26 - 2005 - 8
Ai Monogatari: 9 Love Stories - 1 - 1991 - 8
Aishiteruze Baby - 26 - 2004 - 8
Allison & Lillia - 26 - 2008 - 8
Armitage III * - 4 - 1995 - 8
Blue Gender * - 26 - 1999 - 8
Chrno Crusade - 24 - 2003 - 8
Crying Freeman - 6 - 1988 - 8
Escaflowne - 26 - 1996 - 8
Eureka Seven - 50 - 2005 - 8
Macross Frontier - 25 - 2008 - 8
Macross II: Lovers Again - 6 - 1992 - 8
Nana - 47 - 2006 - 8
Ninja Scroll - 1 - 1993 - 8
Paradise Kiss - 12 - 2005 - 8
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - 26 - 2009 - 8
Record of Lodoss War - 13 - 1996 - 8
Saikano* - 13 - 2002 - 8
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles - 26 - 2009 - 8
Shin Chou Kyou Ryo: Condor Hero - 1, 2 & 3 - 26 - 2001 - 8
Spice and Wolf * - 13 - 2009 - 8
Summer Wars - 1 - 2009 - 8
Witchblade - 24 - 2006 - 8
InuYasha * (+ movies) - 167 - 2000 - 8
Appleseed (2004) * - 1 - 2004 - 7
Blue Seed * - 26 - 1994 - 7
Crimson Wolf - 1 - 1993 - 7
Gin'iro no Olynsis - 12 - 2006 - 7
Kemonozume - 13 - 2006 - 7
Kurozuka - - 2008 - 7
Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou - 24 - 2011 - 7
Otome Youkai Zakuro - 13 - 2010 - 7
Romeo x Juliet - 24 - 2007 - 7
Wicked City - 1 - 1987 - 7
11eyes - 12 - 2009 - 6
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Feb 3, 2012 11:17 AM

Oct 2011
lisnoire said:
Take the time to update your anime list. It makes it much easier to make appropriate viewing suggestions. It also eliminates the insult you give when you say "Oh, I already watched that" after someone takes the time to recommend it.

Okay , will do it .Also for the long list . I was considering '' Touka Gettan'' but I saw it is reversed and felt like '' It's going to be confusing :/ '' . What are your thoughts about that ? That show also looks like something I would really enjoy
Feb 3, 2012 6:39 PM

Mar 2009
barisc_1903 said:
Okay , will do it .Also for the long list . I was considering '' Touka Gettan'' but I saw it is reversed and felt like '' It's going to be confusing :/ '' . What are your thoughts about that ? That show also looks like something I would really enjoy
-- I made it through 8 or so eps before dropping it. Not awful. Not great. Just didn't really suit me. Remember some romance but not a lot of action.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Feb 4, 2012 12:03 AM

Dec 2011
I think you should check out freezing. Freezing's main character male is basically op. His sister is this really powerful pandora... But he doesn't notice his powers, hes basically oblivious. As you watch, his power gets more powerful... Well its kinda like he starts out as a weakling then his power starts to awaken. just notice that there are a lot of action and each action is really amazing... no truly! I don't know if you like ecchi though, theres plenty in here.

I'll encourage you to watch the following since you already have it on your list but its either on hold or you plan on watching:

Onegai Teacher (No action but romance scenes are good, it develops A LOT!)
Dragonaut: the resonance (Its straight romance no triangles.)
Dragon Crisis (Although there are multiple girls who like the male lead, the male lead only likes one, kinda like what you described for Zero no Tsukaima)
Tales of the Abyss (this anime has an end that's kinda like how you described Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, how there's only romance at the end but I thought the plot was ok... Theres plenty of action if you ask me.... By the way, romance does develop, just a little though. It started out from nothing then to a phrase "I love you" ROFL!)

Sorry but you have watched more than I did... Hey um, do you care for animation quality?

Btw I'm currently watching Guilty Crown, you might like it, it's still airing so i can't summarize it for you at the moment
Feb 4, 2012 3:31 AM

Oct 2011
silver_gospel said:

Sorry but you have watched more than I did... Hey um, do you care for animation quality?

Btw I'm currently watching Guilty Crown, you might like it, it's still airing so i can't summarize it for you at the moment

As for quality , I watched Fushigi Yuugi 's first episode and now I doubt about watching rest of it :/
About Guilty Crown , Main Male , oh man , he wants a normal life , really ? REALLY ? I stopped at second episode . A lot of people says it is a rip off of Code Geass , they kinda look like same , but the difference between characters .. I choose watching Code Geass 10 times more instead 1 time Guilty Crown I think haha :P
Freezing main char also made me mad . Like first time he jumped on her and made her loose , like first time , she lost perfect title and all that painfull staff . Still going after her like a chewing gum . That's what they call being naive I think ? Extreme one . Annoying as hell too . Female was awesome . They are always awesome . It hurts my eyes too see they fall for those guys :'(
You are new too ? Cool we can find many more together then :)
Feb 4, 2012 6:57 AM

Nov 2008
TS, if you're gonna stop watching Fushigi Yuugi just because of the "bad" quality, then i'm sure you're gonna regret it. :/ Yes, the quality is rather old as compared to the animes produced these days, but personally i think the characters don't look that bad at all!

I've watched a fair amount of romance series and Fushigi Yuugi is one of the few romance series that I've rated a 10/10. Give it another chance, if you would. =)
Feb 4, 2012 8:20 AM

Oct 2011
milkteh said:
TS, if you're gonna stop watching Fushigi Yuugi just because of the "bad" quality, then i'm sure you're gonna regret it. :/ Yes, the quality is rather old as compared to the animes produced these days, but personally i think the characters don't look that bad at all!

I've watched a fair amount of romance series and Fushigi Yuugi is one of the few romance series that I've rated a 10/10. Give it another chance, if you would. =)

I'm probably going to continue , but finding a sub version probably make that time significantly shorter. I really don't like the dubs :( Yeah if you now somewhere good with subs , I will greatly appreciate it :) So yes , soon I will continiue the series , thanks for couraging me ! :)
Feb 4, 2012 11:25 PM

Nov 2008
barisc_1903 said:
milkteh said:

I'm probably going to continue , but finding a sub version probably make that time significantly shorter. I really don't like the dubs :( Yeah if you now somewhere good with subs , I will greatly appreciate it :) So yes , soon I will continiue the series , thanks for couraging me ! :)

I dislike dubs too! I watched it on DVDs, but took no time to find this site for you : http://www.animeseason.com/fushigi-yuugi-episode-1/

Alternatively you can try youtube too? My friend watched it there, and to top it off, she LOVES this series and was so glad I recommended this to her. Hope this motivates you to complete the series in no time! >=)
Feb 5, 2012 2:43 AM

Oct 2011
milkteh said:

I dislike dubs too! I watched it on DVDs, but took no time to find this site for you : http://www.animeseason.com/fushigi-yuugi-episode-1/

Alternatively you can try youtube too? My friend watched it there, and to top it off, she LOVES this series and was so glad I recommended this to her. Hope this motivates you to complete the series in no time! >=)

Absolutely ! Thank you so much ! :D
Feb 5, 2012 3:09 AM

Jan 2011
Well for these I don't really recommend, but I'm offering them because they fit the mold of action/romance and you could potentially like them...

Star Driver (terrible... but others do like it...)
Tenjou Tenge (driven on romance and has fights...)

I do recommend:
Jyu-Oh-Sei
Appleseed (very action packed/ deals with a relationship)
Steins;gate (more action in the middle on/relationship building)
Feb 5, 2012 4:20 AM

Dec 2011
barisc_1903 said:
milkteh said:

You can always go on goodanime.net it has the subbed version and alot of other animes.
"Neither devil nor death. I am just murder."
Feb 9, 2012 3:51 PM

Oct 2008
*Dragonaut: The Resonance-->for me is good plus the ending is dramatic..
*Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou--> is a good anime with a sad ending
*Eureka Seven

And I can't believe nobody has mentioned this one
*Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

the last two both are incredible good with great romance and amazing action scenes...
Feb 9, 2012 10:30 PM

Oct 2011
oblow20 said:
*Dragonaut: The Resonance-->for me is good plus the ending is dramatic..
*Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou--> is a good anime with a sad ending
*Eureka Seven

And I can't believe nobody has mentioned this one
*Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

the last two both are incredible good with great romance and amazing action scenes...

Thank you so much ! Already started and loving it :)

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 4 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
60 minutes ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
3 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.