3It was OK
4.1%
2Disliked it
0.8%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.8
1,011 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2008 8:53 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*I watched this movie in the theater*

I'm still excited. It was so great that I would be willing to pay $500 for the DVD. I will keep the name of the director Hirao Takayuki in mind. He made an incredible masterpiece. The previous movies are just a prelude for this.

The story of the movie had a unique organization. The novel was roughly divided into the mystery part and the battle part, but the director shuffled the time course and inserted fragments of the mystery part into the main action scenes. That effectively kept the tension of the audiences high throughout the length. The description of the battles are breathtakingly good. Ufotalbe showed all of their potential of dynamic animations.
I'm so glad that I'm living in Japan and had an opportunity to watch this great movie on the screen.
Two more things. The audiences giggled at Touko's line "You don't know the Rocket Pencil?". Her surprised face was hilarious. Ufotable is getting better and better to kill the viewer with MOE. Shiki's blushing face asking Mikiya for his key and Azaka's wink in the preview of the next chapter was WMD.

*Edited
Rewatched with the DVD. It's SO nice that I can watch the splendid battles as many as I want. I'm looking forward to seeing Kakeuchi's new short manga announced in the booklet.
dtshykJan 28, 2009 6:06 AM
Dec 17, 2008 7:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
1h 52 minutes? Twice as long as the first ones....But I think the budget is still the same....

According to MAL, all the remaining movies are 2 hours long.....

映画館か? あなたが羨ましいな。。。
wakka9caDec 17, 2008 7:19 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 6, 2009 8:02 AM

Oct 2007
I wish more than anything that they'd all come out on DVD already. Haven't er suffered long enough? Yeah so jealous of you, being able to watch them and in theatres at that.
"But at my back I always hear,
Time's winged chariot hurrying near,
And yonder all before us lie,
Deserts of vast eternity."
-- Andrew Marvell, "To His Coy Mistress"
Jan 14, 2009 1:09 AM

Apr 2008
the 5th DVD comes out in Japan January 28 so look for the subbed version soon after that, I already have the first 4 downloaded in HD, I watched the first one and like it so much that I wanted to wait for the rest to come out and marathon them.
Jan 27, 2009 5:16 PM

Aug 2008
..... Speechless...
Edit: Rewatched with subs. The last 20 minutes welled up tears in my eyes, I was devoured by its excellence. The storytelling was brilliant, if you paid attention, you should be able to catch everything without any problems.
There were some minor dissatisfactions for me, one where they removed Araya's "It would be in the next century, if we ever meet again.", also, Alba's death was pretty left out, they didn't fully explain how Mikiya survived that bashing (Touko's set up from the start) like in the novel where everything was explained perfectly.
10/10
IiotokoJan 30, 2009 9:57 PM
Jan 28, 2009 2:10 PM

Mar 2007
All I can say is, flawless masterpiece.
Jan 30, 2009 1:05 PM

Dec 2007
The wait for the subs torments me.
Jan 31, 2009 1:32 AM

Mar 2008
Woo, gg-TakaJun just released.
Jan 31, 2009 4:30 AM

Sep 2007
Cydra said:
Woo, gg-TakaJun just released.

...and it was awesome.
Jan 31, 2009 4:40 AM

Jan 2007
Wow, that was such a thriller. Definitely my favorite of the series so far. It really did not make much sense for the first half or so, but it kept me interested, which was key. And once things were slowly being put together, it just felt awesome. While there weren't many fight scenes, the ones that were there were fantastically choreographed. But my highlights were definitely when the real Touko showed up with an even more cocky attitude, which totally was so hot. And at then end with blushing Shiki <3 9/10
Jan 31, 2009 7:04 AM

Aug 2008
It always had been the "real" Touko. Touko already forgot where her original body was. She made dolls so close to the real human body, that she no longer needs her original human body. She cares about the existence not the body. If her body gets totally destroyed, then she can move on to the next doll she made in reserve.(Why Araya left the head unscratched, and why Touko re arrives after Alba crushes her head.)
IiotokoJan 31, 2009 7:39 AM
Jan 31, 2009 8:21 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was really amazing. Funny how my hopes for a good ending were crushed and re-established twice throughout the entire movie. The fight scenes were indeed absolutely great and quite breathtaking. The music was as amazing as ever, but I feel the less important backgrounds lacked detail compared to the previous movies. Loved how the movie kept messing with your mind the entire time though. So yeah, first Rakkyo 10/10. I'm probably going to raise my rating for either Tsuukaku Zanryuu or Garan no Dou as well.

This was absolutely adorable, too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 31, 2009 10:34 AM

Jul 2007
definitely the best kara no kyoukai movie until now.

i really loved the length - story - music - backgrounds - characters - direction (!!!) and the totally fitting outro. even the preview was cool O_O

man this is one of the best anime movies of all time.
GuybrushJan 31, 2009 10:38 AM
Jan 31, 2009 2:35 PM

Dec 2007
I'm speechless, this is a masterpiece.
It was a major mindtrip aswell, and yet all the pieces fit together perfectly at the end, add to that the great soundtrack and the absolutely amazing combat scenes (among the best I've ever seen), the ridiculously moe Shiki and you've got one of the best anime movies ever.
yakisobapanAug 28, 2009 8:48 AM
Jan 31, 2009 3:22 PM

Apr 2008
Guybrush said:
definitely the best kara no kyoukai movie until now.

Hey, I was going to write that! You stole my comment! :P

Any info when 6th movie will be released?
Jan 31, 2009 4:10 PM

Mar 2007
Modrzew said:

Short answer, no.
I would take a guess on around august - september though.
Jan 31, 2009 6:09 PM

Jun 2007
heh the double length really did something good here.

I would have wished for more background music at some points but else it was magnificent and stunning.
Especially toying with and mindfucking the viewer at some parts did a really great job.
Jan 31, 2009 6:14 PM

Feb 2008
Damn, that was a long enjoyment. Awesome from the first till the last minute.

This Willy Wonka (Aka. Cornelius Alba)guy annoyed me so much.

Mathes said:
I would have wished for more background music at some points but else it was magnificent and stunning.

Oh, I liked right that.

The best movie so far. 10/10
Jan 31, 2009 6:41 PM

Nov 2007
I didn't think much could top the awesomeness of the third movie but damn, this was a masterpiece.

Best part of the movie didn't have anything to do with the plot though.

Jan 31, 2009 7:05 PM

Dec 2007
Holy crap, definitely the best one so far. It was arranged in such a way that I thought it would be really confusing but after you realize that the order of things is jumbled up it makes the experience just that much better. Somehow I was able to catch the fact that when it showed Touko's car arriving that Mikiya's was already there even though it showed her arriving first, giving you the impression that when Mikiya and Enjou arrived she had already arrived in her car.
PeanutSteakJan 31, 2009 7:10 PM

#NBHNC
Jan 31, 2009 7:19 PM

Oct 2008
That was fantastic; It was put together so well. I can't even put it words.

The only question I have is how in the hell

Jan 31, 2009 7:55 PM

Aug 2007
Somnia said:

Because he is a machine. :3

Honestly, I have on idea how, or why he didn't have a cracked skull at the very least.

And yes, this movie was absolutely amazing. Loved it of course. Just like all the previous ones, this one had great animation and a great soundtrack. Looking forward to the next one. The usual.

5/5 without a doubt.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jan 31, 2009 8:07 PM
Jun 2007
OMFG, im speechless about practically everything. All I can say for now is 10/10.
Jan 31, 2009 9:14 PM

Nov 2006
I really hoped it was Tomoe who came into Shiki's apt. at the end, but I knew that was impossible...
Well, I'm not as blown away with it as everyone else is. 8/10 for now...

Eww, movie about Azaka next time...
Jan 31, 2009 9:22 PM

Aug 2008
Somnia said:

The only question I have is how in the hell Did Kokuto survive that much head thrasing?

Touko messed with Alba's consciousness with the knife she gave Mikiya. Alba was "dreaming" about slamming Mikiya on the wall.

In the novel Mikiya fell unconscious because of the wound on his knee. So I believe the movie just replaced the wound with 2 slammings. So basically, in the movie Touko's trap activated after 2 slams.
IiotokoJan 31, 2009 9:41 PM
Jan 31, 2009 11:16 PM

Oct 2008
Touko was absolutely amazing...
Shiki was entirely moe in many scenes...
The fight scenes were incredible...

Best movie of all time? Yes, 10/10

Also, <3 Sprinter, music was once again top-notch.
Feb 1, 2009 1:04 AM
Mar 2008
Kept me thinking the whole time, beautiful fight scenes, good editing and bgm, and pretty much everything was great. The part divisions made it seem longer that it actually was to me, which was a good thing. But seriously blushing Shiki = 10/10.
Feb 1, 2009 2:04 AM
Jul 2008
This is the best movie I have ever seen... everything in it is too perfect. 10+ out of 10 ^ ^ ufotable really 've done the very great job here

btw here i can see touko's evil face and a moe scene of shiki
i'm really in love with them :P

sugoi desu ^ ^
Feb 1, 2009 2:10 AM

Dec 2007
Absolutely fantastic. Personally I'd rank this below Tsuukaku Zanryuu because I feel that it's slightly less elegantly written (it seems to trip itself up a bit with the desire to seem mysterious), but it was still very, very good and is easily the second best so far.

Looking forward to more.
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Feb 1, 2009 2:33 AM

Feb 2008
Basically what I was going to say about this movie, has already been said.
All I'm saying is that this one of the best hour and 54 mins, I've spent in a very, very long time.
Going to give this one a 10/10, since it completely deserves it. Oh, and that last scene with Shiki was win! =P
Feb 1, 2009 3:32 AM
Mar 2008
masterpiece
Feb 1, 2009 3:34 AM

Nov 2007
First half was a bit offputting and I was ready to put this below 2 and 3, but the second half redeemed it. More pure Kara epic win.
Feb 1, 2009 4:08 AM

May 2008
Most of the times, when I think about a movie I saw earlier, I think "it's not as good as what I thought when it ended".

For this one, it's the opposite.
Due to the mindfuck nature of this movie which makes you connect events later on, I went in one day from "wow, that was really good" to "...no, actually that was full of genius everywhere".
Feb 1, 2009 5:50 AM

Feb 2008
Somnia said:

It's fully explained in the novel, but not in the movie well. Check the scene when Touko and Kokuto visited the building. Touko did something on the floor of the lobby.
Feb 1, 2009 6:14 AM

Nov 2007
This movie broke the limit on the epicness charts. o:

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 1, 2009 7:12 AM

Mar 2007
I'm in awe of this episode's epicness. I was blown away by the fights, story, characters, and every small detail. I'm probably going to reserve time to marathon the movies and even my friend had a blast with this movie as well as the other. I would do anything for anime company in the United States to pick up the rights to this so I could buy it on dvd and actually own these masterpieces! I agree with everyone that is the best movie of all of them out and at least the books are coming out this year in the U.S. just not sure when.
Feb 1, 2009 8:57 AM
Jul 2008
Do you guys know if these are going to be licensed in US? looking forward to the DVDs
Feb 1, 2009 8:57 AM

Jan 2008
i guess i'm not in the right mood when im watching this to give it 10/10 though i think this episode seems to deserve it.it certainly the best episode so far but i just cant follow the story and all the mindtrip very well.maybe i'll watch this again when i feel better. but still 9/10 nonetheless.

and yeah.the novel has been licensed in the U.S. certainly want to get my hand on those.anyone know how much volume are there?as for the DVDs,i havent heard anything bout that

Feb 1, 2009 10:46 AM

Oct 2007
awesome movie :D
I probably have weird humor but anyway else crack up when the wife smacked the husband with a frying pan?
Feb 1, 2009 10:59 AM

Jul 2007
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!
Why everyone missed the hero of this movie?!??!??!?!
That was Enjo Tomoe ffs!!!! Ok i loved that guy. Hes conffesion was amazing. His conviction was amazing. He was just awesome. When Araya told him that everything was set up and even his love for Shiki wasnt real i expected him to go emo and die in hell crying. But jesus he was amazing. Too bad he had no fighting abilities or expriences whatsoever but at least he died like a man.

Mikya was for the 5th time complete useless. Also wtf? Even if shiki is a boy i wouldnt care? Jesus -.-

The movie was amazing really i expected nothing else.Im gonna rewatch it tonight since i watched it 5 mins after i woke up in the morning which made me misunderstand a lot of staff and dont enjoy it to its fullest potential.

Uminekko thanks a lot for your awesome answers cause they really helped me. If there are any other useful information that are needed for the movie please tell :)

So Aozaki has not a really body and Alba did a huge mistake by breaking her head.
Yeah but in the movie She sayed that she ONCE created a puppet which was the exact same as her. And that she would act like her and her skills will increase like hers. So i "translated" that, that there were 2 different Touko at the same time... Which i found epic stange and i couldnt understand. Anyways...

Overall 9/10. I loved it but i believe it lacked the music the 3rd movie had. :)

PS> When the fuck Araya Killed the Male Shiki and how?
Feb 1, 2009 11:16 AM

Feb 2007
This was by far the best movie out of the lot so far. The direction was superb, the idea of switching scenes around for parts of the movie was a great move. Then the animation it self was beyond good, again ufotable, shows us what they are made of. 2 hours was well worth it.

As for the plot, it was a little confusing at first with the dual sided apartment block but slowly it all came together. I quite liked Enjou as a character, he really grew from the start where he was a brash individual, but slowly he learned of his circumstances and by the end when he tried to kill Araya it was kinda sad.

Memorable moments:
Unlimited Hagendaz Works

Brofist

Oh and we can't forget blushin Shiki, so adorable.. d'aaawww.

Feb 1, 2009 11:48 AM

Dec 2008
WOW...
Definitly 10/10. The best one so far.
Feb 1, 2009 11:49 AM

Mar 2008
Damn that was absolutly awesome. Quite puzzling I must say, but that's something I like so it was just great to discover everything piece by piece. The directing was almost flawless for a 2h movie honestly.
Only (very) small downside is that it was a bit less amazingly wonderful in term of graphics than the firsts, but it was still awesome especially considering once again that was a 2h movie. And the animation was as good as ever.

Damn I can't wait for the 6 & 7 to be released so I can marathon all of the movies...
Feb 1, 2009 12:51 PM

Jul 2008
oh yes incredible, speechless, siple awesommme. masterpiece, cant explain it. at first kinda strange and complicated, especially the flashback from a different view, but it is all fitting with this spiral thing and the paradox. at first i though aozaki would really die, but they cant kill such a important char, and they didnt do it.
anyway great movie enjoyed it totally and cant wait for the final 2 movies. really looking for to the next one, dont think it will as "serious" as this one, because of the school theme.

Feb 1, 2009 2:15 PM
Dec 2007
It was absolutely great BUT I don't think the "spiral" order of the script, despite making sense, really did enhance the movie. A more straightforward approach would have made it more understandable (it's not that hard to understand actually, but the separate parts and shuffled order of events just makes it unnecessarily confusing and artificial). Apart from that, great atmosphere as usual, amazing fights especially the one in the beginning against the fakes, and the music flowed very well with a nice direction by Futakoi Alternative's (lol) director. Some script parts were hard to digest though, like Touko's double, Kokutou's beating and such, and it really felt too much from time to time. Overall the third movie was better in my opinion, and more consistent too (this one is great but not without defaults from start to finish).

Sobzob said:
Modrzew said:

Short answer, no.
I would take a guess on around august - september though.

The DVD will be released between 5 and 6 months after its cinema release, so I'm guessing around the beginning/middle of June.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 1, 2009 2:39 PM

Feb 2008
It was so good that I am speechless, I know everybody repeated it over and over but it's true, it is a masterpiece. I can't find another way to describe it.
Feb 1, 2009 3:34 PM

Jan 2009
Everything has already been said already so I'll just echo that it is a masterpiece and that moe shiki is awesome. Can't wait for the next one.
Feb 1, 2009 4:05 PM

Mar 2008
wow this movie is so damn epic. Shiki = awesome as always , and Enjo-san is really really awesome, anyone notice he resembles the main guy in Fate stay night?
Feb 1, 2009 4:34 PM

Jan 2009
dragonshade said:
wow this movie is so damn epic. Shiki = awesome as always , and Enjo-san is really really awesome, anyone notice he resembles the main guy in Fate stay night?

Yes, but Enjo is definitely alot cooler. Emiya just makes me laugh.
Feb 1, 2009 4:42 PM

Nov 2007
OK, that sure was a trip and the best one yet. :V
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» OMG FIRST PLACE ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

5layer - Feb 2, 2009

963 by Zoshlog »»
Mar 14, 12:59 PM

» why peaple gave this episode low rate to be lower than it deserve? this episode is masterpiece

RCvvvv - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Phloup »»
Sep 17, 2022 4:03 PM

Poll: » which is the best ost from ufotable

filthyfrank8142 - Feb 4, 2022

6 by JJxy »»
Mar 29, 2022 5:58 AM

» best plot twist in anime history?

sabervergarden - Feb 12, 2021

10 by asaryo420 »»
Feb 4, 2022 11:59 PM

» Am I the only one who doesn't like Kokutou?

Albee98 - Sep 24, 2021

9 by 234Mannan »»
Oct 20, 2021 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.