Oct 2010
merurinJul 4, 2013 5:10 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2012 2:22 PM

Mar 2011
You are (not) alone.
Jan 30, 2012 2:25 PM

Sep 2009
I agree, it annoys me a bit as well. As soon as I saw this thread Kurisu immediately came to my mind, but I also enjoy the way she handles her tsundere-ness
Jan 30, 2012 2:41 PM

Jun 2011
how could you think that.. heaps of people hate tsundere's. (not me, but you are far from alone)
Jan 30, 2012 2:53 PM

Dec 2011
You are definetly not the only one.
I understand why people may hate them, but I actually really like some tsundere girls (while I hate others, who are just too annoying and pointless).
jiroutachiJan 30, 2012 2:56 PM
Jan 30, 2012 2:59 PM

Nov 2011
The tsundere from Toradora! is really annoying and it's like if she possesses super powers for beating up the main character.
Jan 30, 2012 3:05 PM

Jan 2008
Spy said:
The tsundere from Toradora! is really annoying and it's like if she possesses super powers for beating up the main character.

She could put it under her special abilities in her resume.

and for the TS, no worries, lots of people don't like tsunderes, we have like countless amounts of threads on them.
Jan 30, 2012 3:15 PM

Dec 2011
I like them. I think that is cuz there arent tsundere girls in real life so they become interesting to watch.
Jan 30, 2012 3:20 PM
Mar 2011
2 tsuns i like
akane[ranma]
Asuka[ sse]
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 30, 2012 3:26 PM

Oct 2011
Glub said:
I like them. I think that is cuz there arent tsundere girls in real life so they become interesting to watch.

Real life tsunderes = Bitches.
I mean it's not worth it to stay with her and get bitched at all the time until she finally starts opening up to you.
Jan 30, 2012 3:26 PM

Nov 2009
I love Tsunderes as long as they arent overly violent. The worst example is probably Louise, she is practically committing homicide every time Saito does anything remotely wrong (And sometimes even when he doesnt).

For the most part I love the archetype as it's something that is far easier to appreciate in 2D than in reality. Ones in reality, well we have a name for those...it's "bitches".
Jan 30, 2012 3:29 PM
Dec 2011
Tsunderes are not that bad...

Of course it's a personal opinion. Honestly, I didn't even know what a Tsundere was until AFTER I watched Toradora. Someone kept complaining about how Taiga was an annoying Tsundere and so I looked it up. I can understand why people don't like them, but hate is really a strong word.

Regardless, I do NOT love Tsunderes, but I can stand them to an extent. In fact, I loved Taiga as a character (probably because I didn't know what a Tsundere was until after the show ended).
Jan 30, 2012 3:35 PM

Dec 2011
Glub said:

I beg to differ. Actually, to a certain extent, I remember a good number of girls in middle school who said "I love you" through there fists. Awwww.....childhood memories!
Jan 30, 2012 3:41 PM

Aug 2011
Tsunderes are glorious.
Jan 30, 2012 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
bebe14 said:
I can't help but think I can't possibly be the only one who hates tsundere girls. I don't see how them beating up a guy shows their 'love' or how people find it comical, I find it irritating and rude.
I don't mind if the girl is simply cold, mean or distant towards the male (like Kurisu in Stein's Gate), but when she starts being aggressive I just get incredibly annoyed and it makes me like the anime less (Taiga (Toradora!) or Ringo (Mawaru Penguindrum)

The problem is that you don't know what tsundere really is. The girls that beat the guy aren't the definition of tsundere. You don't have to beat the guy up to be called a tsundere. Kurisu IS a tsundere(and btw she wasn't cold and distant). Hell many real girls are tsundere too.
Tsundere girls that hit the guys are just a sub-category of tsundere.
So you don't hate tsundere's you just hate the ones using violence a lot. There many kinds of tsundere girls.
Jan 30, 2012 3:49 PM

Nov 2011
Eh to me Tsunderes are fine as long as their not over the top. Like Louise man she would literally destroy Saito and used a crazy amount of violence so that was a bit excessive

As for Taiga... she uses violence but more name-calling then anything and also I liked Taiga because her character evolves more then your average girl. Hell if she wasn't tsundere it wouldn't have been the same. If you watched ToraDora! you would know what I mean how people think this way of her when in reality she doesn't like that at all. Their is more to it but then I'd be ruining the anime for people who have yet to watch it. But for those who have watched it I'm sure you get what I mean when I say Taiga evolves more then just your normal average character.
RagixJan 30, 2012 3:53 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 30, 2012 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
MAL is clearly a tsundere with all the random periods of lag, broken bbc code and other tsun tsun features. Yet here we all are, so all you tsundere haters must be tsundere for tsunderes.
Jan 30, 2012 4:09 PM

Oct 2008
@Jpem... lol I can follow that logic, not sure how I feel about the implications though.

Personally while I'm pretty neutral to Tsundere characters, I don't like how common they are.

A well done Tsundere like Taiga can be an awesome character, give me more of them, and less Luises and those like her that use Tsundere in place of character depth and I will happily declare myself a Tsundere Lover.... but until then I'm indifferent leaning towards dislike.
Jan 30, 2012 4:12 PM

Dec 2010
Okay read it from someone who loves them, but not all of them.

Most pretty people, male or female will get away with so much in real just because they are pretty and the same is for anime (which most are already pretty to begin with). The tsundereness just makes a female even more attractive to me. Oh my gosh I would do anything just so I would be physically touched by a 2D hardcore tsuntsun pretty girl like Kirino from Oreno Imouto, even a kick would be satisfying for me. If a volcano erupted I would lay down on the lava just so they could step on me and save themselves. Or maybe I'm just a masochist.

lol, I'm so greasy you guys.
Jan 30, 2012 4:15 PM

Jan 2012
Depends how the tsundere is done...I love Asuka so much because NGE does a great job deconstructing her character so you understand where it comes from...
Jan 30, 2012 4:31 PM

Dec 2010
I prefer type 2 Tsundere. The violent, bitchy kind (type 1) get on my nerves too.

I'm much more fond of yandere and kuudere.
Jan 30, 2012 4:33 PM

Jan 2008
Lauriet said:
I prefer type 2 Tsundere. The violent, bitchy kind (type 1) get on my nerves too.

I'm much more fond of yandere and kuudere.

Nothing stopping you from being more than one dere.
coughsenjougaharacough.
Jan 30, 2012 4:34 PM

Oct 2011
Mika_Inamori said:
Okay read it from someone who loves them, but not all of them.

Most pretty people, male or female will get away with so much in real just because they are pretty and the same is for anime (which most are already pretty to begin with). The tsundereness just makes a female even more attractive to me. Oh my gosh I would do anything just so I would be physically touched by a 2D hardcore tsuntsun pretty girl like Kirino from Oreno Imouto, even a kick would be satisfying for me. If a volcano erupted I would lay down on the lava just so they could step on me and save themselves. Or maybe I'm just a masochist.

lol, I'm so greasy you guys.

Real masochist right there.
But I 100% agree with you.
I might be becoming more and more of a masochist... ****
Jan 30, 2012 4:35 PM

Jun 2009
The beating up their love interest thing is totally annoying. I can never understand why people laugh at that kind of thing.

However, the deep down caring part of a tsundere is what I love to see.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Jan 30, 2012 4:36 PM

Sep 2011
I. Hate. You.
Jan 30, 2012 4:46 PM

Feb 2011
I hate tsunderes. So much. It hurts.

Especially loli tsunderes. The ones where people think they're oh so cute when they're not even cute in the slightest. Major ones that come to mind:

Victorique from Gosick
Shana from Shakugan no Shana
Taiga from Toradora
Dalian from Dantalian no Shouka

I'd love to use them for target practice. Just because they're small and "cute" doesn't mean people should put up with their sh*t and bad attitude.

Yeah, I'm a total hater, U MAD, BRO? Jk, just one of the things in anime I can't stand.

There are exceptions, however.
I saw Kurisu being mentioned. Although she's labelled as tsundere in the anime, she's almost a kuudere to me really, so she doesn't really fit the bill.

Hitagi from Bakemonogatari grated on my nerves at times, but she's a tsundere I can put up with because she's not too overbearing.
ArdamaeusJan 30, 2012 4:49 PM
Jan 30, 2012 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
Ardamaeus said:

Hitagi from Bakemonogatari

Not a tsundere
Jan 30, 2012 4:48 PM

Feb 2011
jpem said:
Ardamaeus said:

Not a tsundere

She admitted it herself, it's good enough for me.

"Tsundere service~"
Jan 30, 2012 4:51 PM

Oct 2010
OriginANIME said:
I. Hate. You.

Mwah xx
Jan 30, 2012 4:51 PM
Nov 2010
Ardamaeus said:
jpem said:
Ardamaeus said:

Not a tsundere

"Tsundere service~"

She still isn't a tsundere though.
Jan 30, 2012 4:56 PM
Nov 2010
Ardamaeus said:

Actually Victorique is a kuudere, and Kurisu is definitely a tsundere
Jan 30, 2012 4:58 PM

Aug 2010
Ardamaeus said:
jpem said:
Ardamaeus said:

Not a tsundere

"Tsundere service~"

She's yandere.
Jan 30, 2012 4:59 PM

Feb 2011
All a matter of opinion with both characters, I won't argue the point with you. I frankly don't care, all I know is, they've all rubbed me the wrong way, in the same way. I view Victorique just as bad as Taiga from Toradora, with very similar personality traits.
Jan 30, 2012 5:26 PM

Nov 2010
only one i can't stand (that comes to mind) is Ume Shiraume from Ben-To... god i hate her with a passion!

as for tiga, Victorique and all the other... i can't even think of how the serie would have looked if they all where some goody two shoes. ume was a downright bitch... taiga and Victorique actualy cared for the male leads... (as does shana and all the others) but hey PERSONAL OPINION!
Jan 30, 2012 5:35 PM

Sep 2010
Correct, Ume didn't care for the male lead in Ben-To. That means she is not tsundere.

Jan 30, 2012 5:42 PM

Nov 2010
Anime_Name said:
Correct, Ume didn't care for the male lead in Ben-To. That means she is not tsundere.

in any case she's still a bitch hahaha :D
Jan 30, 2012 5:45 PM

Mar 2009
Depends on the tsundere. I personally love Anjou Naruko from AnoHana and Holo from Spice and Wolf. Their tsundere qualities make them endearing to me.
Jan 30, 2012 5:48 PM

Sep 2007
For me it really depends on the character and the show. In Ranma 1/2 it's funny because both the main characters have a tsundere streak with each other and that leads to many interesting situations. Makise Kurisu and Taiga are also other good examples of interesting char. I do agree that the typical violence from Louise in ZnT is a bit over the top, but I still watch it because of the comedy. So I'm not a fan of tsundere char, but I don't avoid shows just because the lead is a tsundere.
Jan 30, 2012 6:06 PM

Nov 2011
I don't remember seeing many tsunderes agressive to the point of beating someone up... Closest thing I can remember is Hitagi hurting Araragi with the stapler in Bakemonogatari's first episode.
I love the "cute tsunderes", you know it, "I didn't do it for you... I... Umm... It just happened to think that it would be good for me if I did it, ok?" As I've never seen any of these really agressive ones, I can't say anything about them. But I don't think I would end up hating them. If they beat up an guy, he surely deserves it...
「レミ咲が今日のティータイム。」- RemiSaku ga kyou no tea time!
Jan 30, 2012 6:10 PM

May 2008
Ardamaeus said:
I hate tsunderes. So much. It hurts.

Especially loli tsunderes. The ones where people think they're oh so cute when they're not even cute in the slightest. Major ones that come to mind:

Victorique from Gosick
she's more like a Kuudere~
Jan 30, 2012 8:15 PM

Aug 2011
I hate them. Detest them. Even more in real life (god forbid you meet one). No guy would ACTUALLY want a tsundere to be their girlfriend.

The only tsundere I really like is Kurisu, Even then, I don't personally see her as a typical tsundere (like Taiga).
Jan 30, 2012 8:24 PM

Dec 2010
itsvero said:
I hate them. Detest them. Even more in real life (god forbid you meet one). No guy would ACTUALLY want a tsundere to be their girlfriend.

The only tsundere I really like is Kurisu, Even then, I don't personally see her as a typical tsundere (like Taiga).

Some guys do want.
Jan 30, 2012 8:26 PM

May 2011
Tsunderes can be annoying, but I don't usually hate them. I'm not really fond of the stereotype, but sometimes I like certain characters.

And while I don't find it funny, I can be ok with a girl who beats on a guy, so long as it's not homicidal. Then it's stupid and annoying as hell. Anything over-excessive is not attractive or funny in the least and that kind of over-the-top violence is a horrible character trait.
Jan 30, 2012 8:53 PM

Aug 2011
itsvero said:

Please don't speak on my behalf ever again.
Jan 30, 2012 9:09 PM

Dec 2011
mitch3315 said:
itsvero said:

Please don't speak on my behalf ever again.

There are plenty of guys out there that would jump at the chance to date a tsundere. I mean why do you think people are into fetishes, s & m, dominatrix and whatnot? They are all crazy out there things that some people dig cause thats what gets their rocks off lol.

Personally in real life I have no issues with girls that that are cool, rude at times and aloof to men but warm up way later down the road. Beating the crap out of them all the time is pushing it too far but to each his own. :c)

As far as anime goes, its anime. There is always something someone is going to hate in a anime. If you dont like it dont watch it or deal with it. Imo. :c)

Jan 30, 2012 9:46 PM

Nov 2011
I adore tsunderes, but I can see why so many dislike them. Some of them are just simply very shitty characters. (Like, in my opinion, Lousie. Ugh.) The excessively violent aspect is what annoys me the most about them, too. If expressed in moderation, I'm fine with it, but I still prefer the more... mild tsundere characters. (Rin Tohsaka, Ririchiyo...) ... And, admittedly, being somewhat of one myself in real life makes like them a bit more. It's what made me originally like them, anyways.
Jan 30, 2012 9:57 PM

Dec 2011
I love them, and I wish I had a friend that could beat me from time to time... Maybe now I wouldn't be....doesn't matter....

My point is, I love energetic girls, that are strong, have a strong character and fight for themselves.

"Tsundere (ツンデレ?) (English: /ˈsuːndɛreɪ/ or /tsʊ-/, Japanese: [tsɯndeɽe]) is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time. The word is derived from the terms Tsun Tsun (ツンツン?), meaning to turn away in disgust, and Dere Dere (デレデレ?) meaning to become 'lovey dovey'"
Jan 30, 2012 9:58 PM

Jan 2012
mitch3315 said:
Tsunderes are glorious.

Agreed. I have no idea why, but I recently realized that I love them.
Yes, even Louise. She's so back and forth. She totally overreacts to everything Saito does, regrets it later...Then does it again anyway. And her voice in the Japanese dub is just so adorable that I can forgive anything she does X)
Jan 30, 2012 10:10 PM

Aug 2011
Imbadatusernames said:
mitch3315 said:
Tsunderes are glorious.

Yes, even Louise. She's so back and forth. She totally overreacts to everything Saito does, regrets it later...Then does it again anyway. And her voice in the Japanese dub is just so adorable that I can forgive anything she does X)

That's because Kugimiya, Rie is just amazing.
Jan 30, 2012 10:26 PM

Jan 2012
mitch3315 said:
Imbadatusernames said:
mitch3315 said:
Tsunderes are glorious.

That's because Kugimiya, Rie is just amazing.

I have to agree with you.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

137 by Mana1170 »»
6 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

103 by Jcmixer27 »»
7 minutes ago

» Best Orange-hair guy in anime

RedTea33 - 3 hours ago

5 by perseii »»
9 minutes ago

» Disney Japan Executive Promises to Censor Anime

rohan121 - 2 hours ago

19 by Jcmixer27 »»
35 minutes ago

» Why are modern anime fights so awful?

_Nette_ - 2 hours ago

6 by APolygons2 »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.