Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 21, 2008 11:10 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another good episode, with a well-made battle. I would've loved to see Sanya fight in it as well, though. Minna's singing was beautiful, but Sanya playing the piano was wonderful! Probably the best part of this episode, especially in the end with that blush.
The episode ended with a little drama as well, I'm looking forward to the next episode~
Aug 21, 2008 11:16 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

The end of the episode was surprising. No idea what Minna wants to achieve with pointing a gun at the Major.

Episode itself was decent, the feeling of expecting the same enemy in a new form/shape always reminds me of NGE.
cyruzAug 21, 2008 11:21 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 21, 2008 1:30 PM

Jan 2008
Good Episode, but at the end... The Very end... Wth? O__O
Aug 21, 2008 1:48 PM

Feb 2008
OMG is this going to be dramatic?
Nice.

I wonder what Minna is going to do. D: Want moar of that.
Aug 21, 2008 2:23 PM

Sep 2007
Drama? In my Strike Witches? Lol. Well, I must say, this episode was quite different than what we've seen before, and it looks like the Neuroi aren't the only bad guys. @_@

P.S. Nice screenshot cyruz.
P.S.S. It was good to see Erica got her panties back.
Nek0Aug 23, 2008 2:07 PM

Aug 21, 2008 2:26 PM

Feb 2007
Totally crazy theory:

Maybe Mio's eye is part Neuroi (it always reminded me of them for some reason). She had it uncovered for quite a long time during this episode's battle. And her shield was penetrated by the Neuroi particles. Perhaps she's getting weaker. Minna, in a rather extreme way, may be warning Mio to be careful (or she might as well die now). Maybe Mio could become more vulnerable to a Neuroi take-over of her body.

/crazy
Aug 21, 2008 2:41 PM

Jul 2008
Amazing episode! Why the hell would Minna not allow Miyafuji to get that letter other than having the rules cause of her own personal past agenda??? Kind of selfish and this not My-Hime Otome so love is not forbidden to my knowledge in this case.

Yeah I noticed also the weakness but don't you think it might also be that the Neuroi have developed a new offensive mechanism---->GRENADE FRAGMENTATION! Like a American pineapple grenade it fragments thus causing damage from its particles.

That may be just another theory but Mio's eye may be related to Neuroi and thus her weakness in her shield happening may also be another good theory to sounds better. The question is where doe sher eye really come from even if it does come from a Neuroi...which part of it?
To this question I say the core may be the hint but that is so then Mio is a attraction to the Neuroi and thus a danger to all.

Nice figurine Miyafuji got from Sugita. Could mean she popular in Japan aka Fuso.

The enemy also reminded of Evangelion enemy but I liked more the way they showed the battle in the form of a war theater. Very nicely done.

Finally I go with the crazy theory guy--->that Minna knows Mio is getting weaker and she does not want her to participate too much in battle because she will die. Should she refuse what Minna said then the gun may be used to kill her on the spot.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 21, 2008 5:03 PM

Jun 2008
This EP introduced a bunch of things I didn't expect to see in Strike Witches. Namely plot relevant males and cliffhangers, although the preview shows Sakamoto alive and kicking, but doesn't show Wilcke.

If each Neuroi is based off an aircraft/weapon from WWII, I wonder if this episode broke that rule.
Aug 21, 2008 8:00 PM

May 2007
Very intense episode. From comedic, to fighting suspense, drama, extra bonus singing, and cliffhanger ending!

Everybody who rated Strike Witches 7 may now bring it up at least to 8 plz.
Aug 21, 2008 8:05 PM

Dec 2007

:O wtf!!!!

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Aug 21, 2008 8:29 PM

Apr 2008
Nice Ep now What's the reason behind Minna pointing the gun at Mio? Does it have to do with Mio's shield breaking? We'll found out in Ep 9 of Strike Witches!

PS I want a Fuzo Doll!

PS the song Minna was singing was “Forget You Not” a Japanese version of Lili Marlene, a famous German love song that was popular during on both sides during World War II. Credit goes to divine from Random Curiosity for the information: http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008/08/21/strike-witches-08/
metalsnakezeroAug 21, 2008 8:48 PM
Aug 21, 2008 10:22 PM

Sep 2007
Aargh! I hate when Gonzo does these plot-twists. >_<

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Aug 22, 2008 12:15 AM

May 2008
felo said:

ZOMGWTFGAH?!?!
Aug 22, 2008 12:24 AM

Jul 2008
metalsnakezero said:
Nice Ep now What's the reason behind Minna pointing the gun at Mio? Does it have to do with Mio's shield breaking? We'll found out in Ep 9 of Strike Witches!

PS I want a Fuzo Doll!

PS the song Minna was singing was “Forget You Not” a Japanese version of Lili Marlene, a famous German love song that was popular during on both sides during World War II. Credit goes to divine from Random Curiosity for the information: http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008/08/21/strike-witches-08/

They used that song also in the movie "Saving private Ryan"
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 22, 2008 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
Kikku said:
felo said:

ZOMGWTFGAH?!?!

I am telling you guys this might be a pressure tool for proposals. Most people would take like 100% more serious if you would talk with them and have a gun pointed at them. Other guesses are welcomed but this is what I THINK.
Aug 22, 2008 2:19 AM
Jun 2008
Well, I got spoiled of the ending so it was that big surprize.. and Mio looks like she's doing fine in next episode... But heck, loved it. Minna is nice character, and was nice to see her more and about her past. Piano and song were lovable.
Aug 22, 2008 3:58 AM

Jul 2008
Soiled said:
Well, I got spoiled of the ending so it was that big surprize.. and Mio looks like she's doing fine in next episode... But heck, loved it. Minna is nice character, and was nice to see her more and about her past. Piano and song were lovable.

Yeah I agreed with song and piano being harmonious.
Did you notice that Minna was dressed in classic style of that era? I swear the dress looked like the ones the girls were wearing when they were singing in the beginning of the movie Pearl Harbor.
Aug 22, 2008 4:30 AM

Apr 2008
angel999 said:

Yeah I agreed with song and piano being harmonious.
Did you notice that Minna was dressed in classic style of that era? I swear the dress looked like the ones the girls were wearing when they were singing in the beginning of the movie Pearl Harbor.

It really fits in with the whole time line, making sure that this is in the WW2 era.
Aug 22, 2008 1:25 PM

Feb 2008
hmmm the show was good but i think it was rather simplistic. nothing too extrordiary
Aug 22, 2008 3:22 PM

May 2008
ChiBuki said:
Very intense episode. From comedic, to fighting suspense, drama, extra bonus singing, and cliffhanger ending!

Everybody who rated Strike Witches 7 may now bring it up at least to 8 plz.
If this series keeps going in this kind of direction, I'll up my score to a seven.

Aug 29, 2008 11:27 AM

Jul 2008
great episode, really like minna singing. now sakamoto is weakend, wonder what will happen. i kinda see the death flag for her.

Aug 31, 2008 11:14 PM

Jul 2008
Finally, some much-needed plot development!
Sep 3, 2008 11:11 AM

Apr 2007
This was one of my favorite battle scenes. Very action oriented and you actually got to see some of the witches use powers you ddin't know they had. (^_^)
Sep 4, 2008 11:05 PM

Apr 2008
Minna had the right idea. Hetero = HeterNO
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Sep 5, 2008 10:23 PM

Dec 2007
Minna's singing was the best part of the episode, but the episode as a whole was also good.

I'm going to agree with the general thoughts of this thread - this series continues to be better than I expected. I'm going to up my score for it by a point.
Sep 6, 2008 6:27 AM

Oct 2006
LoveWifeLunch said:
Minna had the right idea. Hetero = HeterNO

QFT :D
Sep 12, 2008 3:43 AM

May 2008
Yay, Miyafuji finally getting to do good in a fight again.:D
And cute absolutely adorable hetero stuff.:>
And more Minna drama.;_;
And cliffhanger plot twist ending.o.O

This episode has it all.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 7, 2008 6:44 PM

Jun 2008
beautiful singing but WHAT

so she's going to kill her to keep from losing her or ??? that makes no sense :D
Aug 8, 2009 1:16 AM

Jul 2009
Nice episode with surprising ending- 5/5.

Sep 29, 2009 8:23 PM

Apr 2009
Episode was mkay.. Beautiful Singing, Minna. <3

I wonder why the heck did Minna is pointing a gun at Sakamoto-san O.o;
4/5

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Dec 24, 2009 11:40 PM

Oct 2009
Guys, I'm getting really sick of the Angels in this series. They are an invading army, there is no reason for them to use such retarded and self-defeating tactics. There is no tension whatsoever in these battles, because the angels send 1 unit at a time and it is easily destroyed by the witches. Why even bother?
Mar 12, 2010 4:47 PM

May 2009
The twist at the end was nice. What's going on? :3
Jun 29, 2010 9:07 PM
Mar 2010
Don't take this as trolling, it's my opinion. And I'd kind of like to know what you all think of it too. If I didn't like the series up till this point I wouldn't bother ranting about it.

Alright, so the series up to this point has been tolerable. Ignore this first paragraph I talk about episode 8 in the second one. Anyway I didn't expect too much in terms of plot. I like how all of these random things were combined in strike witches (loli pantsu, neko, big guns, etc). To me it feels like it's going back and forth between serious and over the top comedy randomness. Stick with one and go with it.

With that being said I was enjoying the show up till this point. I literally lmfao'd at the end of this episode though. I get that it was supposed to be some romantic yuri, perhaps tsundere-esque scene, but what. the. hell. You spend over half of the series with just heaping piles of fan service and comedy with awkward love plots and piss easy "battles" sprinkled in randomly and expect me to start taking this seriously? There aren't many episodes left, but this just angered me for some reason.
Jul 4, 2010 11:26 AM

Aug 2008
Minna's back story was sad~ ;_; Shit got dramatic after the hilarity of episode 7. Totally wtf'd at the end there. Silly Minna.
Jul 31, 2010 2:35 PM

Feb 2010
Maybe the Nazis take over now? I already wondered what happened to the WW2. This is bad.
Mar 29, 2011 7:53 AM
Jan 2010
mad cliffhanger
Apr 7, 2011 1:35 AM

Sep 2010
wat
Where did that ending come from?
Jun 4, 2011 4:26 PM

Mar 2011
Nice!

Good bit of character development, but I had to watch the 'next week preview' just to reassure myself!

Man, where is this anime going? I like it!
Jun 14, 2011 11:05 PM

Sep 2009
The ending just came out of nowhere.......I was like WTF?

This anime is starting to confuse me @_@
Feb 3, 2013 1:40 PM

Dec 2011
My thoughts at the end (literal thoughts, not expanded or fleshed out):
Mm, right. I know how you feel. So true. Yes. What...?!
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 8, 2013 11:37 AM

May 2012
Great episode with some nice action and backstory! The ending was nice but than something unexpected happened so lets see what's next!
RafaelDeJonghFeb 8, 2013 11:41 AM
Mar 28, 2013 10:53 AM

Dec 2007
The ending was okay. I didn't expect the twist.
Dec 29, 2013 12:48 AM

Jul 2013
Damn pretty good episode, intense fight scenes, some funny moments, and Minna spotlight throughout the episode. Though TBH I didn't expect that ending of what she is doing...

Well, I felt sorry for her when she lost a lover during the war. Added more of her a bit development during those scenes. Nice singing by the way :D.

May 21, 2014 1:26 PM
Jan 2011
I was crying while Minna-san was singing Lili Marleen.. So touching episode :"(
I said 'One more episode, than I go to sleep' but because of the last scene I just don't see it happening that way xD
Aug 18, 2014 8:10 PM

Jan 2011
Depending on command structures, it might be a bit unfair against Minna, but still: For the colonel, Yoshika was called to her office, where Minna, Sakamoto and the colonel awaited. He then proceeded to hand over a huge present.

Shortly after, an ordinary crew member basically tried to do the same. Obviously Yoshika was not called to the office, and therefore no commanding officer was explicitely attending. Thats okay. But for Minna to personally interfere because of the "rules"?

Again: If the colonel commanded Minna to arrange it that way, well, bad luck. If he simply asked if it was possible to thank Yoshika, and Minna was like "sure, no problem, lets make it an official prodecure with the most senior officer in the unit", well, thats enough to question her capability as commanding officer, given that she simply would ignore her own rules to get on the good side of the colonel (Who likely would be a bit disappointed, but understand the situation when explained).

Well, long rant for a short scene. Rest of the series was nice so far.
Dec 4, 2014 6:11 PM
Nov 2014
The biggest twist for me was the inclusion of male romance. 7 episodes of fairly explicit yuri and then bam, everyone is suddenly straight. What?

I was really surprised with how well they used male characters in the show before this episode; they were in the background, but their presence wasn't entirely ignored. This episode felt like they shoe-horned the male characters into the story and used cliches to fill the void of their hollow personalities. It was disappointing and inconsistent. What is worse is the complete lack of relevance to the continuing story; they served no real purpose and are going to be ignored as the characters continue to develop without their presence again for the rest of the show.

Aside from this I have enjoyed the show for what it is.
Feb 10, 2015 6:19 PM

Nov 2012
I like the way the anime is going now. Suddenly it has a sort of story to go into instead of a typical day hunting down a neuroi.
Feb 13, 2015 3:49 PM

Feb 2010
De-JaY said:
OMG is this going to be dramatic?
Nice.

I wonder what Minna is going to do. D: Want moar of that.

its been dramatic for the last few episodes buuut not to that intensity O_O i hop mio know how to spit bullets with her katana XD

oh right i forgot this takes place in 1944.... and shes from the german military....
GrimAtramentFeb 13, 2015 3:53 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 21, 2015 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
Wow! That cliffhanger was unexpected.
Jun 30, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2016
Lili Marleen is truly beautiful.

That ending was kinda mind blowing, i really don't know what to expect on the next episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Sep 18, 2008

103 by Kjngo »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 10, 2008

64 by b_oogaloo »»
Oct 3, 2023 9:37 PM

» Will the humanoid neuroi appear again in the future season

RitsuKunNew - Sep 15, 2023

8 by Fail_Man_X »»
Sep 22, 2023 11:50 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Aug 14, 2008

78 by KayMigiwa »»
Jan 15, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jul 3, 2008

120 by Wiziliz »»
Sep 16, 2022 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.