Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2012 1:49 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well at least their child was thankful for being born.

Overall, really good manga but the parts without Ikuru and Ai were quite boring and unneeded.
Apr 9, 2013 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
^ I agree.
I really loved this series when it portrayed the two of them. I can understand that the author wanted to give a view of how society is during the story, but some was just plain boring and unneeded.
Feel free to suggest me new series on my profile or through pm, or send me anything else really and let's have a chat
Jan 2, 2015 10:59 AM

Jun 2013
Beautiful ending to a suprisingly deep and unforgetable manga that had me on the verge of tears so many times!
Final score:
10/10
:)
Jan 20, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
That was actually better than I had thought. Ai and Ikuru's relationship feels a bit repetitive at times but they have a very strong chemistry throughout the entire series. The simplistic drawing between the two that shows up many times throughout the story is also a strong symbolism of their relationship.
Dec 11, 2016 10:09 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
AlexSadist-sama said:
[b]
Well at least their child was thankful for being born.

Overall, really good manga but the parts without Ikuru and Ai were quite boring and unneeded.

Yes, at least the child was born, we never knew if it was a she or he, and Ai died, but when they reduced her molecules or whatever, they found a living cell, and that was their child?? That really didnt made sense IMO, but alot didnt in the manga overall, I really felt that the sub plot of god, aliens, the curse, had potential but it was just such a mess I couldnt follow it, and it only took from the experience of seeing Ai and Ikaru chapters, and even for those 2 I couldnt connect much.

Pity since for such an old manga, the art is suberb later on, with the artistic execution being really great, and the themes quite promising, with the nudity not being for the sake of fanservice alone. Now if it ONLY, it had a better direction...
Still for such an old series, it was mostly enjoyable to read.

Sep 20, 2017 1:26 AM
Jul 2017
Saddest manga ive ever read until now.simple yet beautiful.
Feb 7, 2018 8:45 AM
Feb 2018
Wow it was a very deep and meaningful manga I'm glad I read it hahahahaha I think I cried a little
Jan 22, 2022 7:52 AM

Feb 2021
I'm really satisfied with this ending. I liked how Haruka sensei was the main narrator for this chapter.

I'm glad that their child is born and is thankful for his/her life.

Glad to see all the other side characters after the time skip.

Great manga overall. Solid 8/10.

Mar 11, 2023 9:34 AM

Oct 2016
Personally, the parts about the war and that woman were too confusing and hard to follow for me to understand. So I only understood the parts where it was mostly Ai and Ikuru. With this, I give this book a 6/10. I won't lie, a lot of parts made me cry and I did enjoy reading it. But I felt that I couldn't enjoy all of the story because some parts were so confusing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ai-Ren Chapter 42 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jan 16, 2012

2 by Briquet »»
Mar 11, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Ai-Ren Chapter 23 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jan 15, 2012

2 by Briquet »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:57 PM

Poll: » Ai-Ren Chapter 41 Discussion

1 by DeonX »»
Jan 22, 2022 7:21 AM

Poll: » Ai-Ren Chapter 40 Discussion

2 by DeonX »»
Jan 22, 2022 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ai-Ren Chapter 39 Discussion

1 by DeonX »»
Jan 22, 2022 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.