Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 30, 2011 5:59 PM

Jun 2007
here are my top three worst of 2011
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (*sigh*)
Sacred Seven(it had such great potential)
Mashiroiro Symphony ~ The Color of Lovers(choosing
really?? boring)
KimuraDec 30, 2011 6:05 PM
Dec 30, 2011 6:13 PM
Sep 2011
I'll go with Higurashi Kira as well, especially the first episode. That one was a load of bull on so many levels. 90% of that episode was entirely fantasy.

I'm a little more merciful toward the second episode due to my fondness for Satoko and traditional Mahou Shoujo anime.

The third was worse than the second but better than the first. I've yet to see the fourth.
Dec 30, 2011 6:13 PM

Oct 2010
what about C ?
Dec 30, 2011 6:30 PM

Feb 2009
Didn't watch too many new anime this year but I've dropped a few after or during the premier episode such as Blood-C which I've successfully forgotten about.
Dec 30, 2011 6:38 PM

Aug 2010
Everyone hates what I like...

Anyway, my least favorite would have to be Blood C.
Dec 30, 2011 6:42 PM

Mar 2011
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
what about C ?

That was just terribly disappointing, which in a way is worse. At least it wasn't as disappointing as Fractale.

IllegalCyrus said:
Only 2 series on the top of my head.
Guilty Crown
Anohana

It's funny because everyone loves that show.

Actually, I think I'm saying Penguindrum, nope, it doesn't deserve it at all, but I hated it slightly more every time someone said the words "Ikuhara you magnificent bastard", "best anime of the decade" or "The symbolism is so deep!", if I took 0.1 from the rating every time I heard those lines or similar ones, it'd lose 4 ratings. Just as well I didn't.
Dec 30, 2011 6:45 PM

Jan 2011
Blood C was an utter disappointment. must cleanse this shit w/ holy water
Never watched rio gate but majority said its just terrible.
idolmaster was just boring. could not continue on after the 3rd episode.

-starting too look bad:
1. Shakugan no shana....im trying to ponder what happened that sparked my interest in the other series.
2. guilty crown WAS pretty good. now its turning into a mess which can be fixed tho.
3. hate to admit it but mirai nikki is getting from really good to good. its just feels hastened and idk if its because ik the entire plot. hopefully it doesnt turn into "decent"

thank god next season is gonna have nisemonogatari. in the meantime nichijou is keepin ma spirit up.
this is my god damn signature.
Dec 30, 2011 7:16 PM

Mar 2010
Sengoku Otome: Time Paradox - Try comparing that to Sengoku Basara (nuff said)
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Boring, confusing and really terrible
Dec 30, 2011 7:17 PM

May 2010
How come nobody mentioned Uta no Prince sama?

Also, voting for Senjou no Horizon.
Dec 30, 2011 7:24 PM

Sep 2008
I'm so surprised Copihan hasn't come up yet. That was this year right?

Or perhaps no one even knows this anime lulz.

This is THE worst anime this year hands down. It's miles beyond all the other titles mentioned here.

You would usually disregard 5-minute animes, but this one was just so horrible, even every 5 minutes seemed like wasting hours of your life.

It was more radio than anime. In some episodes, they actually recycled images, as still pictures, within the same 5 minutes. The general dessin was horrific. The whole "near-future" setting was just plain meaningless. This whole project was incomprehensible. I find it extremely difficult to figure out why they planned to do this in the first place.
ap19Dec 30, 2011 7:32 PM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/user/5040721
I'm Japanese, so if you have any questions regarding Japan, feel free to ask.
アメリカ育ちなので、なんか英語に関して質問があれば気軽にどうぞ。
Dec 30, 2011 7:35 PM

Apr 2011
Dantalian no Shoka
Freezing
Blood-C
Dragon Crisis
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
Kamisama no Memochou
Dec 30, 2011 8:19 PM

Feb 2011
-Maken ki (Even though it's not finished, I already know where this show is headed.)
-un-go
-blood-c

Those are the only 3 that come to mind.

Another Sig WIP
Dec 30, 2011 9:12 PM

Aug 2011
Guilty Crown (my clearly biased opinion).
Dec 30, 2011 9:14 PM

Mar 2009
Double-J. Good thing it was a short series.
Dec 30, 2011 9:23 PM

Nov 2010
Blood C ! worst anime for this year!

Dec 30, 2011 9:29 PM

Sep 2011
hoshizora, no doubt, its everything wrong with ecchi rip off shows all jam packed into 11 episodes of dread, then is hidan no aria,

and then 3rd worst i guilty crown cause i havent seen to many shows this year and hoshizora and hidan were the only bad ones

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 30, 2011 10:21 PM

Oct 2011
Maken-Ki! , Kämpfer, Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! -- All these animes for the same reason, that their only purpose was to show the ecchi aspects at the cost of everything else. Ecchi stuff fine and easy to ignore as long as there are other things you can focus on like the world, action and so on. These are just simple stuff and *not anything deep.

When compared these, I thought Freezing was much better -- didn't had lots of pointless episodes, world was consistent, plenty of decent action and so on.
parulDec 30, 2011 10:45 PM
Dec 30, 2011 10:33 PM

Sep 2010
parul said:
Maken-Ki! , Kämpfer, Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! -- All these animes for the same reason, that their only purpose was to show the ecchi aspects at the cost of everything else. Ecchi stuff fine and easy to ignore as long as there are other things you can focus on like the world, action and so on. These are just simple stuff and anything deep.

When compared these, I thought Freezing was much better -- didn't had lots of pointless episodes, world was consistent, plenty of decent action and so on.

But ECCHI is a genre of anime itself and can be, just like every other genre, the main aspect of a show. Being deep is optional and not a requirement in the world of anime or entertainment.
Also Kämpfer was 2009.

Dec 30, 2011 10:37 PM

Aug 2011
Higurashi Kira for sure.

Dishonourable mention, No. 6.
mitch3315Dec 30, 2011 10:41 PM
Dec 30, 2011 10:45 PM
Jul 2011
Guilty Crown by far. It proves that top notch animation and music can't save an anime with awful plot/characters.

I'm actually suprised some of you said Miria Nikki, I found it really enjoyable in the first few episodes but it has been going downhill. Still its far from the worst.
Dec 30, 2011 10:45 PM

Oct 2011
Anime_Name said:
parul said:
Maken-Ki! , Kämpfer, Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! -- All these animes for the same reason, that their only purpose was to show the ecchi aspects at the cost of everything else. Ecchi stuff fine and easy to ignore as long as there are other things you can focus on like the world, action and so on. These are just simple stuff and anything deep.

But ECCHI is a genre of anime itself and can be, just like every other genre, the main aspect of a show. Being deep is optional and not a requirement in the world of anime or entertainment.
Also Kämpfer was 2009.

Regarding Kampfer , I got confused by the dates of the two new episodes .

I was not really expecting anything deep, I forgot to put "NOT" before "anything deep" in my sentence - "These are just simple stuff and anything deep" .... my bad.

Like I was trying to say , I was not expecting anything deep, just simple stuff. How would you define a good echhi anime --- by how much "private areas" it shows ? I define a good one by presence of other stuff like comedy, purpose, action etc. These anime failed in all these aspects. I gave an example of freezing which I thought was ok/good.
Dec 30, 2011 11:00 PM

Jun 2011
Well, since I haven't seen Guilty Crown, my worst is Itsuka Temna no Kuro Usagi.

-_-' Only reason I kept going was because of Gekkou (since I have a thing for Yuuichi Nakamura characters), Izumi (the most AWESOME girl on that whole show since she brought some comedy), and Mirai (...what? So she's adorable compared to that clingy, most cliche b**** vampire Himea -sorry, I just hate her- and the too-sweet-for-her-own-good Haruka, and I love her character song!).
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 30, 2011 11:42 PM

Sep 2008
Manyuu Hikenchou. The first ever case I've had of an anime actually making me nauseous, all because of ridiculous-sized knockers.
Dec 30, 2011 11:55 PM

Mar 2008
While something like Kamisama no Memochou or [C] was pretty mediocre and also disappointing, it really wasn't THAT bad imho (I just expected something different..)

My vote goes to Hidan no Aria, that show sucked badly! (I have yet to catch up with a lot of new anime, however, I don't think they'll change my voting..)
Vanessa-Dec 30, 2011 11:59 PM
Dec 31, 2011 12:06 AM

Jun 2007
I'm glad everybody's panning Deadman Wonderland, but this thread really needs more Fractale hate.

Honestly, I can't believe half of the shit that got on Noitamina this year.

Blood-C actually sounds awful (and oddly nihilistic) enough for me to enjoy watching a streamlined version of it.
Dec 31, 2011 12:23 AM

Feb 2008
Definitely Manyuu. Haven't facepalmed so much, while watching something, for quite some time.
Dec 31, 2011 12:24 AM

Feb 2010
Guilty crown

Ao no exorcist

C

Infinite stratos.
Dec 31, 2011 12:27 AM
Feb 2009
I just realized how different my opinions are from a lot of you :P I actually kind of enjoyed Blood-C. It didn't even compare to Blood+, but it was interesting enough and the ending made me want to watch the movie.

Manyuu was...bad. But so bad...it was kind of good. You stop taking it seriously and it becomes good braindead anime, if you know what I mean. But I guess that still makes it pretty damn bad.

Guilty Crown hasn't really knocked my socks off, but I do enjoy it as a standard action anime. I mean, it was no Itsuka Tenma or Sacred Seven, my two nominations for possibly the worst of the year.
Dec 31, 2011 1:10 AM

Sep 2010
parul said:

How would you define a good echhi anime --- by how much "private areas" it shows ? I define a good one by presence of other stuff like comedy, purpose, action etc.

If you are defining good ecchi by stuff that is not ecchi then you aren't actually commenting on the ecchi content. Good ecchi to me would have interesting camera angles, attractive characters, well-timed sexual innuendo, a couple of strong go-to gimmicks, and possibly some nudity.The amount of ecchi can vary but if a show is an adaptation of a majorly ecchi work then I expect the anime to match the level of ecchi found in the original work.

Dec 31, 2011 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
Blood C. I expect the movie to be one of the worst movies ever made period. Anime or not.
Dec 31, 2011 1:43 AM

Jan 2011
Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka

Blood C

Freezing

Guilty Crown

I hate those all!
Dec 31, 2011 2:38 AM

Oct 2011
Anime_Name said:
parul said:

How would you define a good echhi anime --- by how much "private areas" it shows ? I define a good one by presence of other stuff like comedy, purpose, action etc.

If you are defining good ecchi by stuff that is not ecchi then you aren't actually commenting on the ecchi content. Good ecchi to me would have interesting camera angles, attractive characters, well-timed sexual innuendo, a couple of strong go-to gimmicks, and possibly some nudity.The amount of ecchi can vary but if a show is an adaptation of a majorly ecchi work then I expect the anime to match the level of ecchi found in the original work.

We are not judging ecchi aspects but an echhi anime. There is a slight difference as we need to judge the impact of the anime as a whole and only limit ourselves to certain bits.

While it is interesting to your criteria I certainly cannot agree with it. To me, the things you mention will only take a decent sized anime (10+ ) so far ... before it becomes repetitive and tiresome. Hence most of these anime add other dimensions, but that becomes their downfall as they ignore the quality while doing so.

Also, feel that most of the stuff you mentioned can only work in a broader context. For example , camera shot of panty under skirt while good of handled delicately, feels too forced in most of these animes as they show it at every chance they get, like even when two characters are talking. Or when a character , no matter how beautiful gets too annoying , it will only make the anime difficult to watch. Or when any innuendo doesn't goes with the flow or theme and so on.

In short , what I mean to say is for various reasons ecchi stuff needs other aspects and it needs to gel along with these aspects. Most of the time they don't.
Dec 31, 2011 3:36 AM

Sep 2008
Interesting culture gap.

Guilty Crown is probably one of the best received animes in Japan this year so far.

It's probably related to why many foreign nations tend to not like Evangelion, but for Japan, it's risen to a social phenomenon.

I mean, I'm really interested in what the definition of "awful character" is. For instance, many Americans say Evangelion is bad, because Shinji is a weasel, but Shinji being a weasel shouldn't make Evangelion a "bad anime." There's never been a necessity for all characters to act like American heroes.

It's probably the same with Shuu in Guilty Crown isn't it? And as stated, the animation and music is awesome anyway. Shuu and Shinji both react to their given situation rather realistically in my opinion. I don't see why that should make this a bad anime.

In essence, disliking Shinji or Shuu or any other character shouldn't mean disliking the anime as a whole.
ap19Dec 31, 2011 3:59 AM
Dec 31, 2011 3:48 AM

Aug 2010
I strongly disliked:
Lucky Star
Sasami
..that about sums it since I'm more of a manga reader.

Dec 31, 2011 3:53 AM
Mar 2010
If I go by score, Dantalion no Shoka, Hotd OVA, Mayo Chiki, TWGOK OVA+Music Video, Astarotte, Deadman Wonderland, Hidan no Aria, IS, K-ON!! Special,Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Matsuri , rated most of them 6/10 (Astarotte 5, hotd ova 4)
If I go by opinion, I'd pick Dantalion and Hotd OVA.
I think Dantalion was boring, hotd ova probably doesn't even need a comment.
Yumekui Merry is also pretty disappointing. Tought it wasn't that bad when I watched it first, but after reading the manga...
If Index II counts (Aired: Oct 8, 2010 to Apr 1, 2011) definitely that one. Because there's basically NOTHING at all that I like about that one.
Dec 31, 2011 3:59 AM

Aug 2010
shadowtsunami said:
Nomiko said:
I strongly disliked:
Lucky Star
Sasami
..that about sums it since I'm more of a manga reader.

I think the creator of this thread means anime that came out in 2011...

Oh ( _ _ ) Didn't realize that. *megafacepalm*

Dec 31, 2011 4:08 AM

Aug 2010
Madoka.
Dec 31, 2011 4:32 AM

Feb 2010
ap19 said:
Interesting culture gap.

Guilty Crown is probably one of the best received animes in Japan this year so far.

And IS sold a lot this year and its still pure shit , popular =/= good.

that doesnt mean anything , guilty crown is horrible and shu isnt the only reason.
Dec 31, 2011 4:39 AM

May 2011
shadowtsunami said:
Karhu said:
. . . Mirai Nikki is worst directed anime from what I've seen. The manga was fine, anime adaption is disgrace to the title.
--

Huh not what I've seen or read from others. It seems they are doing the adaptation fine well at least from what a majority of people are saying. I've looked at screenshot comparison of the manga and anime but I didn't see any major differences.

I'm talking about direction and overall execution, you are comparing outlooks. And that's not even true about the outlooks, the anime is pretty much censored and casual when comparing to the manga. Majority of people are ignorant to begin with, just following the main stream is worst decision to make for people who has brains and self-respect. At least one of your friends gave it 1/10.

ap19 said:
Interesting culture gap.

It's probably related to why many foreign nations tend to not like Evangelion, but for Japan, it's risen to a social phenomenon.

I mean, I'm really interested in what the definition of "awful character" is. For instance, many Americans say Evangelion is bad, because Shinji is a weasel, but Shinji being a weasel shouldn't make Evangelion a "bad anime." There's never been a necessity for all characters to act like American heroes.

It's probably the same with Shuu in Guilty Crown isn't it? And as stated, the animation and music is awesome anyway. Shuu and Shinji both react to their given situation rather realistically in my opinion. I don't see why that should make this a bad anime.

In essence, disliking Shinji or Shuu or any other character shouldn't mean disliking the anime as a whole.

Starting to feel sorry for Japan.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 31, 2011 4:43 AM

Sep 2008
Vanisher said:

that doesnt mean anything , guilty crown is horrible and shu isnt the only reason.

See, I want those reasons please.

Anime BD sales and popularity don't go hand in hand, at least from the Japanese perspective, just saying. We know people don't buy anime BDs and merchandise because that anime is necessarily good, moreso than they are infatuated with the characters and such.

I mean, there's significantly a lot more effort put into Guilty Crown just from looking at the credits. The animation is undoubtedly good, or better than most. The rest of the elements have a relatively larger preference deviation, but I can't see why it goes as far down as horrible for people here. I don't see Guilty Crown in line with IS or Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon etc.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying thinking any anime is horrible is wrong. I just want to know the reasons, for critical understanding. These sorts of global differences should be becoming more important for Japanese people these days, on any subject.

EDIT:
I read through the Guilty Crown discussion section. It looks sorta centered on the disdain towards Shu, but I get the jist of it now.

@Karhu thanks for that.
ap19Dec 31, 2011 5:11 AM
Dec 31, 2011 5:03 AM

May 2011
ap19 said:
Vanisher said:

See, I want those reasons please.

Anime BD sales and popularity don't go hand in hand, at least from the Japanese perspective, just saying. We know people don't buy anime BDs and merchandise because that anime is necessarily good, moreso than they are infatuated with the characters and such.

I mean, there's significantly a lot more effort put into Guilty Crown just from looking at the credits. The animation is undoubtedly good, or better than most. The rest of the elements have a relatively larger preference deviation, but I can't see why it goes as far down as horrible for people here. I don't see Guilty Crown in line with IS or Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon etc.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying thinking any anime is horrible is wrong. I just want to know the reasons, for critical understanding.

Production values don't make anime. When those are only good thing, then the series is nothing but waste of industry.

You can start by reading these:

http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=45539
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=47867
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=48371
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=48531
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=50051
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=48967

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=352421&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=354183&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=358897&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=361455&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=363873&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=366275&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=368521&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=370769&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=373095&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=375743&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=379405&show=0

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=369957&show=0

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=365531&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=369013&show=0
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 31, 2011 5:06 AM
Feb 2008
petalshreds said:
How come nobody mentioned Uta no Prince sama?

Because any anime with Miyano Mamuro is good. ^^ No seriously, the plot was horrible, but at least it had some good music.
Dec 31, 2011 5:37 AM

Nov 2008
4.Yumekui Merry
3.Hidan no Aria
2.Dragon Crisis
1.Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
Dec 31, 2011 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
I only really watch 4-5 shows out of the 20-25 each season, and tend to avoid the majority of harems/ecchi etc so I more than likely miss the worst of the worst. But my lowest rated shows this year are:

Blood-C
Hidan no Aria
Zombie Desu Ka
Infinite Stratos
Maria Holic Alive (though I only watched the first episode, which just reminded me how shite the first season was)
Baka no Test (Same as Maria Holic..sure I'll get hate for this lol...)
Dec 31, 2011 9:03 AM

Feb 2009
Guilty Crown and Sacred Seven were such letdowns.

Was Fractale from this year? I can't even remember. All I know is that was also a HUGE letdown... fucking hell. I shouldn't even get my hopes up for anything anymore, they always turn out to be letdowns.

Ah. Iroha wasnt the worst of the year, but that was also a really damn annoying show and it was, yep, a huge letdown.
DropletDec 31, 2011 9:06 AM
Dec 31, 2011 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
ap19 said:

That's not a very good explanation. Why didn't the BD buyers get "infatuated with the characters" of Mayo Chiki or Fractale, for example? If there is a difference between their sales, the buyers must have perceived some difference in their quality, even if it's a different definition of ours, more focused on characters.

Though no, that's not a very good explanation either; after all, western fans also dislike shows because "the characters are boring", and would name one of their top reasons for liking something's writing quality, as "it has interesting characters".

Alterego-XDec 31, 2011 9:52 AM
Dec 31, 2011 9:58 AM

Nov 2009
I havent watched a lot of shows that came out this year but I can say that Yumekui Merry is the worst anime ive ever seen and it came out this year so I guess it counts.
This is just my opinion btw so if your a fan of the show dont get all butthurt please.
Dec 31, 2011 12:22 PM

Mar 2009
ap19 said:
Interesting culture gap.

--I'm with you on this one. I didn't find Guilty Crown amazingly original or anyting . . . for me nothing was this year except maybe Fractale but it kind of fizzled. . . but I am finding it enjoyable. But then I am an old school fan of Evangelion. Hmmmmm . . . perhaps folks were looking for a Code Geass and not an Evangelion. Don't know. I'm finding Tsutsugami, Gai a fairly interesting character to watch unfold but then I had a crush on Alex Row of the original Last Exile. And none of my meandering here has anything to do with the original question.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Dec 31, 2011 5:40 PM

Dec 2008
Definitely Mirai Nikki.
Dec 31, 2011 6:01 PM

Nov 2011
Don't see Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle mentioned. I couldn't stomach it after five episodes.

Of course, there were some disappointments this year:

Guilty Crown
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Blood-C
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

74 by Kruszer »»
44 seconds ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 25 minutes ago

2 by KayKimii »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Today

24 by Toooooooooohru »»
3 minutes ago

» Which are the cutest anime girl pout scenes ? (not fan arts but real scenes)

DarkGamerA - Jul 8, 2022

22 by Toooooooooohru »»
6 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Yesterday

50 by Kruszer »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.