Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2012 10:58 PM
Jul 2011
@ arrozykamehameha

Thanks much for the bgm! Been looking for it since I first heard it!

Twas an confusing ending, and it left me with my own theories.

The symbolism... It killed mah mind... Especially the apples with so many different meanings.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Jan 10, 2012 2:43 AM
Feb 2010
Well, okay. Where did all my tears go.
When Kanba shared the apple with Shoma... (By the way, doesn't that make THEM soulmates? Maybe I sound like an idiot, but I'm serious.)
I have grown to like Ringo over the series, but it kinda ruined it for me when Shoma told her he loved her before.... heh.

But I swear to god, when Himari read the note... ALL THE TEARS. ALL OF THEM....
Jan 10, 2012 10:50 AM

Feb 2010
sacrifice. pure sacrifice. very touching.

everything's already been said. 10/10.
Jan 10, 2012 11:31 AM

Nov 2008
One of the best series I watched from a long time.

Ending was great, touching, a little bir confusing...
I like the way this anime leaves you with area to think and interprate by yourself.
It was that kind of show for me... 10/10

Jan 11, 2012 3:52 PM
Oct 2008
http://static.zerochan.net/full/37/00/927537.jpg

Momoka's explanation of what has happened- Involving apples!?
Jan 11, 2012 4:09 PM

Aug 2007
absolutely abysmal
Jan 12, 2012 6:51 AM

Dec 2008
ephemeralM said:
absolutely abysmal

Da yo ne?
Jan 13, 2012 8:59 PM

Oct 2011
Finally got time to watch the finale and ;
omg
My heart.

At first, I didn't get that into this finale, especially since the penguins came off as distracting at the start and I thought the flashbacks were a bit too frequent. But then it got absolutely beautiful with the Seizon Senryaku.

As for the penguindrum. . . symbol of one's purpose in life?
Oh Ikuhara; a tangible object indeed. But so difficult for me to grasp my mind around -- because how would it save Himari's life? Anyway, I will not dwell on this and try to find out the various meanings. Never been good at that; time to look for others interpretations. ;p

Anyway,
my heart absolutely broke in the end scene.
More specifically, I started crying when it showed Himari living alone (before the note scene). Because it made me imagine what it'd be like if I didn't have my two older brothers. Not that our connection can really compare to these fictional characters', but it really hurt for me to think about it.
The very fact that I cried just gave this series a boost (& I didn't cry in any other scenes). Getting me emotionally involved is such a major factor in my enjoyment.

Unfortunately, there were some things left unsolved that I personally would've liked to learn more about. Particularly that Mario kid lol. >__> The first part of this show really felt like a different series; the storytelling was a bit all over the place. And sometimes, too much symbolism can be bad.

But it was really beautiful. And intriguing. I never knew what to expect. I grew fond of the characters very quickly (& the penguins were so adorable). The music was great.
And oh my goodness the seiyuus. They're amazing. I hope to see more of the main four soon, and Sanetoshi.

Overall,
8/10
bumped to 9/10
since it got me emotionally involved in the end.
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.
Jan 15, 2012 6:01 AM

Jul 2011
i don't really feel much about the ending because i'm too confused to feel emotional.

Sometimes i hope they don't speaking in code most of the time and use proper human language.

i still don't get why kanba has to died and why suddenly blood suddenly burst out from his body and turns into apples. what the hell does the child broiler symbolize ?

overall , i like the series . 8/10 from me.

My favorites character got to be Shouma , Ringo , and the penguins.

Somehow i don't really like kanba , there is something that irks me about him. Maybe because he always got the cool actions while shouma either got late to the scene or used as comedy relief. Well at least himari doesn't return kanba's love as lover more like love as brother
Jan 15, 2012 6:27 PM

Sep 2011
i still don't get why kanba has to died and why suddenly blood suddenly burst out from his body and turns into apples.

I think that the blood suddenly burst from his body was because he was taking his punishment. This is my interpretation, but I think the blood turned into apples because Himari kissed Kanba. Himari had a discussion about kissing with Sanetoshi and she said she didn't want to kiss without getting the fruit. Himari accepted Kanba's feelings - she kissed him (while knowing that he loves her) and got fruit, which is what she wanted. She didn't want to chase or kiss without being loved in return, but Kanba did love her. Then she completed the cycle of the Penguindrum by sharing the apple with him. IMO I think she did return his feelings in the end.
YayPepsiJan 15, 2012 10:09 PM
Jan 16, 2012 12:12 AM

Jul 2011
YayPepsi said:
i still don't get why kanba has to died and why suddenly blood suddenly burst out from his body and turns into apples.

I think that the blood suddenly burst from his body was because he was taking his punishment. This is my interpretation, but I think the blood turned into apples because Himari kissed Kanba. Himari had a discussion about kissing with Sanetoshi and she said she didn't want to kiss without getting the fruit. Himari accepted Kanba's feelings - she kissed him (while knowing that he loves her) and got fruit, which is what she wanted. She didn't want to chase or kiss without being loved in return, but Kanba did love her. Then she completed the cycle of the Penguindrum by sharing the apple with him. IMO I think she did return his feelings in the end.

i still didn't understand this whole punishment thing. Why did the siblings got punished in the first place ? is it because their parents crime ? or it just like shoma said that living itself is a punishment ? and who punished them ? fate ? sanetoshi ? or something like the goddess in shoma fairy tale ? oh and one more thing , what is this scorpion life they're talking about ?

ah man , it's so confusing . Got to watch some brainless anime to rest my mind.
azzyzxJan 16, 2012 12:19 AM
Jan 16, 2012 8:55 PM
Mar 2009
Why were the two brothers stuck in the cage?
天空の夜明け
Jan 17, 2012 8:37 PM

Aug 2011
azzyzx said:
YayPepsi said:

i still didn't understand this whole punishment thing. Why did the siblings got punished in the first place ? is it because their parents crime ? or it just like shoma said that living itself is a punishment ? and who punished them ? fate ? sanetoshi ? or something like the goddess in shoma fairy tale ? oh and one more thing , what is this scorpion life they're talking about ?

ah man , it's so confusing . Got to watch some brainless anime to rest my mind.

I think that the "explosion" was all the "love" that Kanba had yet to share
because he said he hadn't gave it all to Himari yet.
(My english is being weird here, I know xd)
Jan 19, 2012 12:53 AM

Jul 2011
In the end, the two halves of the Penguindrum that held both brothers' fates is given as a whole in order to give life to their sister in a way of self-sacrifice (there's even a reference the "scorpion's fire", look it up, it's symbolic). Thus, their fate is erased from the world and made so that Kanba and Shouma's fate was never entangled with Himari's and the rest of the cast, therefore they are born as separate individuals from the original chain of events?

Meaning, that once Kanba shared the apple, his life, with Shouma in their cage of lost children, their "fate" is set in stone, and their lives become even more fragile than Himari's. Thus, Kanba could never be the one to save her alone, he needed his other other half Shouma.

I really loved the truth in when Tabuki says to Yuri:

"You and I were lost children to begin with. But most children in the world are the same as us. So, just once, we needed someone to say 'I love you'."

The apples, being sort of like a metaphor for the world according to the director, meant love. That's what the Penguindrum ultimately was: love. The love that in the end allowed them to live in that cruel world.

I found this comment on the Internet regarding the matter of love which really appealed to me. I'll copy it in the spoiler.

Sanetoshi and Momoka, they're somewhat like third-party entities that manipulated fate to their desire, ghosts if you will. They were the ones pulling the strings all along, although we already knew that. They played the game of fate, utilizing Himari as a prize in order to make the brothers continue what their parents had started once in the past. They manipulated them for their cause, but in the end, the brothers cheat fate and make their own decision and find the penguindrum.

The train of fate? Fuck. In my opinion, it sort of depicts how people's "destinies" are narrow, how they tend to get stuck in a specific path in a preordained life. In response to this, it takes a jolting event to deviate that fate, which is why I think Kanda exploded into the apples. It depicted the jarring of routes, a new path in life.

Mawaru Penguin Drum, filled with a ton of surreal symbolism, but hell, interpreting it is fun. It's animes like these that near true art. 10/10
Jan 20, 2012 8:50 AM

Aug 2010
Why can't I hold all these symbolism?
Jan 21, 2012 3:16 AM

Oct 2011
I was doubtful about how the series will end..

But gosh, it was truly amazing. FABULOUS MAX! I dont know how else they could have ended it. Everyone received love in the end.

Because of the ending, I give it 10/10.
Jan 21, 2012 5:15 AM

Jan 2009
so if i get this right Kanba wish for Himari to live so the exchange for that is his life but Kanba have shared the fruit of fate with Shoma so that is why Shoma vanished also when Kanba vanished lol its kinda funny but its very heart warming and entertaining series all through out

9/10 for me
Jan 21, 2012 9:47 AM

Dec 2009
brb crying forever.

This ending reminds me of Madoka's ending, but happier in a way.

My freaking heart can't handle it though, its still sad ;_;

code geass s2 : darker than black : free! es :
haikyuu!! : inaire : kurobas 2 : mikagura : znt
animemanga

Jan 21, 2012 1:52 PM
Nov 2010
this was one of the best series i've ever seen. It ranks with some classic live action stuff, classic comedies etc. I didn't get it initially because I missed ep. 8. Which i watched after. Ringo, had a gift from her dad, which was a penguin holding an apple, and was a little rubber stamp that said 'fate'. That was the clue, from the destiny of fate girl, in ep. 2 (or 3, I think). In the end, the double H girls gave her the line, to complete the magic spell. Sanetoshi, was already being punished by becoming the librarian, and momoka had left him behind by saving Yuri. Really, no one died, Ringo, just changed the world by uttering the line. Himari had a deep seated memory of being loved by someone she wouldn't remember, because Ringo changed the set-up. And the boys wandering about, weren't lost spirits, they were just 2 boys talking about something I don't understand, and Shukufuku taking the Apple....
Jan 24, 2012 9:59 PM
Aug 2011
likie 99% people here, I agree with them. AWESOME series. man, i was confused a bit here and there but somewhat made sense later.

this show just mind hooking to me and loved every episode.

about the ending, i think they did it really well. dont want to spoil it too much, but i did tear a bit. ;[

recommended big time.
Jan 25, 2012 7:07 AM

Jan 2010
10/10 Had to force myself not to cry. One of the best anime shows I've seen. I'm still a little confused as to when all the flashbacks happened, if they all happened in the order they were shown or not, but if I rewatch it sometime it'll probably make more sense.
Jan 28, 2012 5:46 AM

Aug 2008
Decent ending. My love for Ringo and Momoka increased tenfold.

Let's share the fruit of fate~
Jan 28, 2012 9:34 AM

Mar 2010
Mawaru Penguindrum is one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL animes i've seen in my life.
Jan 29, 2012 7:28 AM
Feb 2009
Doing marathon for this anime for the past few days...

So... Well, my thoughts about the conclusion are all shattered... But I can say for sure that this ending is so beautiful and bittersweet :')

These are what I get from this series. Sorry if my thoughts are all the same with some of the posts here, but I just can't help to write and share them here...
1. About the apple. Well, apple is the symbol of love. If one don't share his apple, it's just like Sanetoshi's saying about human being egoist. But hey, you can share the apple just like Kanba did to Shouma, and Shouma to Himari. So yeah, sharing an apple means reaching out for people outside your box, giving other people love so others can survive and be happy. And yeah, reaching out for people means sharing fate since there will be times that you're going to face the same problems or happiness with the person you shared your apple with.
And it also said that the apple is a gift for the one that will die for love. Even if you die, it doesn't mean that it's the end but it's the beginning of everything. That explains Kanba and Shouma's dying. Kanba dies for bringing back Himari to life (It's shown his death is because of hte Children Broiler, right? Well that makes sense since Himari's life originally will end in that Child Broiler) and Shouma died for saving Ringo. And that brought them to the beginning, their resurrection!

2. The diary contains all words of the magic spell, that's why Sanetoshi wants it to disappear. The magic spell simply tell us if we reach out for people, we can help them and we can change their fate, or you can say sharing fate.
And I believe everyone can replalce Ringo for being the one who change the fate, but if you just read the diary without knowing what's the real meaning of sharing fate, you'll never know the magic spell. Ringo knows that to change the fate we must reach out to people to help them, so I believe that's why she knows that those words are the magic spell.

3. And about Mario's role... Uh, I'm not really sure here but I think Mario got the hat so that those siblings will have a...competitor? And it seems like Sanetoshi is using Masako so that he can mess Kanba, just like when Masako dies and Sanetoshi bring her back to life... Obviously Masako won't act if Mario isn't in that condition, right? Well idk about this >_<

That's about it... Uh, it's so messy here in my head but I think those two points cover most of the things. And there are still some points that I don't understand though... Some are not important anyway XD
1. Why the heck it has to be PENGUIN? I haven't found any answer here... (.__.)

2. Uh, so... who are Sanetoshi and Momoka? Are they like goddess or something? I don't really know but I think those two are symbolism. Sanetoshi symbolize the dark side of human heart, the egoist one, and Momoka is the bright side, the loving and caring one. But I still need a proper explanation about them T_T

3. I need moar explanation about Kenzan and his plan and his blah blah blah T_T And the Children Broiler too T_T

4. What are actualy Kanba and PoC doing during the Survival Strategy? (.__.)a

5. I still want to know the secret of Yuri's body... Am I the only one here who wants to know about it? ('-' )(._. )( ._.)( '-')

Well there are more thoughts but everything is still shattered in my head so I just can't put it yet into words... I think those are enough for now... I'm happy I can share this :D
and, sorry for the bad English, I'm not a grammar master afterall >__<
Jan 30, 2012 4:55 PM

Oct 2011
so did himari really choose kanba as her lover by the end? Lots of people are saying that they kissed, byt by visual evidence alone it felt more like himari was looking into kanba's eyes with their noses touching at best. This may be due to bias, but I can't look at the ending as anything other than a non-romantic family ending.
Jan 31, 2012 3:46 PM

Oct 2010
At times, this anime felt like 23 minutes composed of cryptic flashbacks and repetitive symbolism, especially towards the end of the series. I have nothing against symbolism, imagery or "hidden meanings" but there's a certain limit. When I'm unable to understand the purpose or plot of a show due to the amount of unanswered questions, it becomes a problem.
You sort of go through the series thinking 'I'm sure they will explain this later on', but they never really do. I never quite understood the point of the hat. Why did the 'transformed Himari' want the penguindrum, if it's purpose was only Himari's survival, which the hat had already achieved? What IS the hat and where did it come from? What is the penguindrum anyway? A part of the brother's hearts?
How did Momoka obtain the diary and it's powers?

Also, many times in the show I couldn't tell whether what's happening is real or not. The place for 'unnecessary children' - did it really exist? What were the brothers doing in the cages?

I would also like some more details about the terrorists (Kenzan) and what were they trying to achieve? (how does putting a bomb in the train make the world better and less egoistic and unfair?)

Despite all these questions I am still wondering about, I found Mawaru Penguindrum very enjoyable. The jokes were natural and unforced, the love story that developed between Ringo and Shouma was absolutely touching (and their parting almost brought me to tears), the incest was surprisingly ... tolerable? I especially enjoyed Yuri's flashback. It was very powerful and touching. Especially because I could somehow relate (no, I was not abused or raped as a child)with her lack of confidence and belief that if she isn't pretty, she can never be loved. I thought her character was truly memorable. I enjoyed the connections with Greek mythology and SOME symbolisms like the apple or the train stops (the train rides -road to the afterlife - was truly powerful).
Both openings were very unique and catchy (I kept humming them anywhere I went) and I especially liked the questioning of fate and the idea that two people are tied together by the red string of fate. I also liked the irony that Sanetoshi's kindness (the fact that he sent the Double H Himari's scarves) was what caused Ringo to remember the spell. Also, I liked that the series supports Ringo's belief - that everything happens for a reason (Yuri and Tabuki staying alive, the scarves, Masako staying alive and her obsession with Tabuki - leading to her falling in love with Shouma)
In the end, I rated this a 7/10. A very good 7/10. Because despite the series being enjoyable and that I was able to understand and appreciate a lot of the messages and symbolisms, the question that have been left unanswered are simply too large a part of the series (ESPECIALLY: WHY DID HIMARI'S TRANSFORMATION WANT THE PENGUINDRUM, IF IT'S SOLE PURPOSE WAS TO KEEP HIMARI ALIVE? I don't see how she is benefitting at all).

If anyone could contribute or answer any of the questions above, I would be glad.
merurinJan 31, 2012 4:09 PM
Jan 31, 2012 4:15 PM

Oct 2010
Argentchan said:
http://static.zerochan.net/full/37/00/927537.jpg

Momoka's explanation of what has happened- Involving apples!?

This actually really helps.
Feb 1, 2012 8:06 AM

Sep 2011
so did himari really choose kanba as her lover by the end? Lots of people are saying that they kissed, byt by visual evidence alone it felt more like himari was looking into kanba's eyes with their noses touching at best. This may be due to bias, but I can't look at the ending as anything other than a non-romantic family ending.

It looked to me like she kissed him. In this series, I think one of the only kisses we actually saw was the "kiss" Shouma gave Ringo, and it wasn't really a kiss - it was CPR. In the first episode, we see Kanba about to kiss Himari, but it cuts off before his lips touch her's. In episode 23, Himari gives Shouma a kiss, but we don't actually see the kiss. (Their heads are cut out of the frame.) Then in episode 24, we see Himari cup Kanba's face and draw closer to him. I think by the way she was holding his face and the way they were angled (look at where their lips are), we're meant to think she kissed him. http://hellohelloanime.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/apple.jpg But it's against the show's style (for whatever reason) to show an actual kiss.
YayPepsiFeb 1, 2012 8:15 AM
Feb 2, 2012 1:14 AM

Dec 2011
I was liking this confuse anime but this ending was bad. Very bad.
The brothers died and were forgotten and a lot of important questions werent answered.
Feb 12, 2012 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
the best way to end a story is to connect it to it's beginning.
this was one hell of a mindfuck series, but it's really good.

Feb 17, 2012 10:21 PM

Sep 2011
Very well done series. It was a roller coaster, but the ride was worth it. :D

I still don't understand why people claim this is such a complex show. When I told some people that I was planning on watching it they told me that some things might go over my head. I didn't find it challenging to put the puzzle together - it was just a show that you had to use your brain to understand.

The only thing that disappointed me was that Shoma and Kanba and the girl weren't together anymore. I don't find the ending bad. It was a happy-ish ending. Everyone moves on with their lives.

Wait! I actually have a question: Who became the parent's of Himari then and the parents of the boys? Just a random question. 0.o

bebe14 said:
You sort of go through the series thinking 'I'm sure they will explain this later on', but they never really do.

The show wouldn't be good with them explaining every single aspect of the story. You have to think for yourself and use hints given in the show to put things together.

bebe14 said:
I never quite understood the point of the hat. Why did the 'transformed Himari' want the penguindrum, if it's purpose was only Himari's survival, which the hat had already achieved? What IS the hat and where did it come from? What is the penguindrum anyway? A part of the brother's hearts?

The transformed Himari was actually Momoka. Remember when the ghost put a curse on Momoka and made her into those two hats? Momoka's soul or whatever was in those hats. The peguindrum was the boy's fate/the apple they shared which allowed them to escape death. The peguindrum freed Momoka and save Himari. Part of the deal was that if they brought the peguindrum then Himari would be saved. The boys were the peguindrum.. So Momoka needed to save Himari. Himari needed to be saved through the spell and through the events that later saved her. Plus, they mentioned earlier that Himari was likely to die. So her survival wasn't guaranteed just yet. She wanted the Peguindrum because she needed to stop the (pink haired guy/black bunny) ghost's actions.

bebe14 said:
How did Momoka obtain the diary and it's powers?

I was actually curious about this myself. But maybe some questions are better left unanswered. I could only guess that the diary was given to her only by fate and that she was the chosen one.

I hope that I answered some of your questions. Honestly, I can't go through all of this and explain things. I'm terrible at explaining myself or putting my thoughts into words - as stupid as that sounds. :P
gigglingidiotFeb 17, 2012 10:32 PM
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Feb 18, 2012 7:46 AM

Sep 2011

Wait! I actually have a question: Who became the parent's of Himari then and the parents of the boys? Just a random question. 0.o

I think that their uncle became Himari's dad in the new timeline. If you look at their uncle (he's in episode 5) and Himari's dad in the picture with the monkeys at the end, they look pretty darn similar. The boys in the new timeline didn't have parents because they didn't exist in that timeline. (Is that what you were asking?)
Feb 18, 2012 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
At first I was going to give this a 9/10 just because of the sheer amount of confusion I had xD But after thinking about the ending of the series the whole day, I decided to put 10/10. The ending was just so compelling and tragic :/ And it stayed in my head forever. The background music, the voice acting, the picture . Everything was just so perfect.. Now the story wasn't so perfect D: I wish that the girls had remembered the boys but then I guess that they would have lived in grief for the rest of their lives. I least wanted them to see the boys while in their kid form or some kind of reunion. It's really unfortunate how these innocent people got dragged into the curse of their parents T_T The scene with Himari and Kanba was so sad.. I didn't understand the sparkles at first but then they showed him dissolving and I was in shock.. But the thing that got me the most was Ringo and Shouma's scene. I never had an OTP before this anime and now I have to say that Shouma and Ringo are my OTP. The scene with the fire was just so heartbreaking. I can't stop rewatching that scene D: I didn't get to watch the series as it was airing but I did hear a lot of hype about it and I'm so glad that I chose to watch this series :)
Feb 27, 2012 6:19 PM

Aug 2011
Feb 28, 2012 8:03 AM

Dec 2011
Shame of those, rather, I pity those mongrel who put a tag beside this anime labelling "troll detected" and dropped it after 11 episode (Draconis....something), what a foolish person, that's why they can't get to see the complex and beauty of this anime and fail to behold a gem in the anime industry.

Weak determination.
Mar 12, 2012 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
God damn, tears streaming down my face. That was one of the best bittersweet endings I've ever seen.
Mar 13, 2012 3:49 AM
Nov 2011
hahahaha...in the end....everything we've guess are wrong!!!
-we thought himari's fated person is kanba, but it turned out to be shouma
-we thought shouma's the one who's not related by blood, but it turned out to be kanba
-we thought ringo have the penguindrum, but the one who have it are shouma and kanba

we make a lot of assumptions...but hey, that's what made it exciting....
the anime is really nice, full of twist and turn...you think you know the flow of the story but you actually don't!!! hahahaha
Mar 13, 2012 6:20 AM

Apr 2011
A great anime and also somehat confusing at times!
I didn't expect the end at all, and when both of them died...T_T

I have some questions regarding some scenes of the anime, but I will try to find sometime to re-watch them and have a more completely review!

9/10
Mar 15, 2012 3:32 PM

Jun 2009
Ah geez, overly there were some things that irked me in this show. However...I really grew fond of it, it just got greater and greater. The story came together wonderfully. The last couple episodes were simply brilliant.
''Even if your throne crumbles and your shiny crown turns to rust. Even if the bodies pile up endlessly. Above the bottomless piles of corpses beside you as you lay softly down I will be, until I hear the words, check mate'' Sebastian Michaelis.
Mar 24, 2012 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
I'm never going to look @ penguins the same way again
Mar 28, 2012 6:17 PM
Jan 2012
Taking into account the plausibility and potential deus ex machina of the resolution of Mawaru, I can understand how confusing this episode and the ending was at first blush, but after watching it again and taking into account the very basic and human theme of human interaction and how well it was executed in this episode, I can't give this any less than brilliant rating 10/10.

For I thought the central theme of this anime was fate and determinsim, but as the story progressed, why did they make such a big deal about the child broiler? or why was momoka 'saving' of tsubuki and yuri important? What was sanetoshi's ultimate goal in attempting to erase the existence of 'self'? These questions all came to a head in this final episode where kanba and shouma were reveled to have had the penguindrum all along, represented by the half of the apple, sharing of fate and indicative of saving through the sharing of punishment. This theme resonated with me deeply as the series progressed, and I could not be any more satisfied with ending and how it resolved this with respect to the gas attack event.

For those who wish to read deeper in the meaning of this series: http://altairandvega.wordpress.com/2011/12/24/colloquium-mawaru-penguindrum-episode-24-end/

I highly highly recommend reading it.
Apr 13, 2012 9:54 PM

Aug 2008
The ride was better than the destination. Such a cool show but wound up being such a bummer, I need some comedy to recuperate.
Apr 14, 2012 1:12 PM

Feb 2010
What a beautiful anime but the final episodes were weak compared to the rest. 9/10

I marathoned all 24 episodes in one day and I must say that I cried like a little girl the most of the time; why is this tagged as a "comedy"?
Apr 14, 2012 10:19 PM

Sep 2008
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
Dat ending where Kanba is back to being a child badass.

The anime was a great watch. Somehow the flashback bits were always great and the voices were superb. I just wished that there was a happier ending.

At least Mamiko Noto had a happy ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2012 7:27 PM

Oct 2011
Holy fuck this anime was absolutely amazing.

When Kanba split the apple in half and gave a part to Shoma my heart just clenched, and then when Himari did the same..
Oh man I can't take this.

10/10.
|ω・)
Apr 22, 2012 11:55 PM

Sep 2011
I had my doubts about this anime, but it turned out pretty good in the end. I love it when an anime can pull off such a nice ending! xD

Oh and this anime had such amazing OSTs... I must download the album! >:(
funkotakuApr 23, 2012 12:09 AM
May 5, 2012 5:19 PM

Apr 2012
So going by the ending, were Shoma and Kanba reincarnated?
May 5, 2012 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
_fantasticmrfox said:

In a sense. They just switched fate lines.
May 5, 2012 6:59 PM

Apr 2012
sleeplesstown said:
_fantasticmrfox said:

In a sense. They just switched fate lines.

Oh, ok. Thank you.
May 18, 2012 6:16 PM

Jul 2011
unknown_error said:
Marvelous, Beautful, Anime of The Year 2011, 11/10, etc, etc.

The only thing I will be missing are penguins, they've definetely powered this brilliant work :_:

The penguins T_T!!!.. amazing anime :)

I LOVED the penguins..
. . . y o u f o u n d m e

: icon's credit :
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

168 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.