Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Dec 31, 2011 9:43 PM

Sep 2011
nedstark1990 said:
Please: don't even nominee the name of Kamina. He may come there and kick your ass
i dont get why hes so popular, simone was way more amazing than kamina ever was, i mean can kamina throw a fucking galaxy as a weapon or use the god damn moon as a battleship, i think not

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 31, 2011 9:53 PM
Dec 2011
thekiller99 said:
Even the directors said they are trying to make characters more realistic instead of it kicking ass like most animes do.

The directors also said they're original.

Let's see,

Shu-Realistic? Nope.
Inori-Realistic? Lol.
Gai-Realistic? Leading an organization by 17, wanna be LotGH or Code Geass I don't care.
Funeral Parlor Members-Realistic? Nah.
Hare-Realistic? Pretty sure no one would want to be with Shu, and after he tried to use her, he has no redeeming qualities. Lelouch can still get dem girls.

You're defending the wrong points for this show. I'd still be surprised if you still don't call yourself a fanboy for riding this show so hard. "Not the other websites", care to share what forum of idiots all understand Shu?
Dec 31, 2011 9:56 PM

Sep 2011
-Mika said:
thekiller99 said:
Even the directors said they are trying to make characters more realistic instead of it kicking ass like most animes do.

[color=grey]The directors also said they're original.

Let's see,

Shu-Realistic? Nope.
no i think thats the one thing they did right, shu is realistic, we probably would ahve reacted worse than him if we were in his shoes(hehe heh it rhymed.....ok ill stop)

especially after he killed a innocent(jun i think his name was) shu while unlikable is a realistic character, not the most realistic ever but he is still a realistic person

now cue the shitstorm ill get for saying this cause you people never listen to anyone saying anything positive about the show and the lovers of this show dont use logic either and will just read the first sentence and agree with me, horray for wasted effort

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 31, 2011 10:03 PM
Dec 2011
Eh. From what I've seen the only people that ignore statements are like thekiller99, who continues to ride this show hardcore. The constant haters in every thread as well, other than Draynois or something because he responds most of the time.

Shu IMO isn't realistic. No one would join a terrorist organization, with no resolve [did I use that right..?]

Off topic, but Happy New Year everyone. 2012!

Joining a terrorist organization for a girl who turned you down, [he doesn't even realize that Inori is giving blood to Gai. Who knows what could be going on in his head. Never confirmed it.], though the part with Jun was a bit realistic. The trauma that came with it. But joining a terrorist organization would come with deaths, wouldn't it? You should have expected to kill. I can't think of much right now since I'm gonna go to a party soon. See you!
Jan 1, 2012 12:29 AM
Nov 2011
-Mika said:
Eh. From what I've seen the only people that ignore statements are like thekiller99, who continues to ride this show hardcore. The constant haters in every thread as well, other than Draynois or something because he responds most of the time.

Shu IMO isn't realistic. No one would join a terrorist organization, with no resolve [did I use that right..?]

Joining a terrorist organization for a girl who turned you down, [he doesn't even realize that Inori is giving blood to Gai. Who knows what could be going on in his head. Never confirmed it.], though the part with Jun was a bit realistic. The trauma that came with it. But joining a terrorist organization would come with deaths, wouldn't it? You should have expected to kill. I can't think of much right now since I'm gonna go to a party soon. See you!

Shu not realistic? Rofl can you please read the few discussions before you post
Inori is probably a clone so ic an't say much on it
Gai....every heard of the Bielski brothers? Its not uncommon
Hare...speechless..Lelouch can get them girls lol yeah with his king's power sure.

What points am i defending wrong? Im just voicing my own opinion ?
Fanboy again so if i defend a show im a fanboy? If you critisize it does that make you are hater?
I happen to like the show so what rights do you have to call me a fanboy? Are you saying everyone who voted liked it or loved it about this show are all fanboys? Nice generalisation
Jan 1, 2012 12:32 AM
Nov 2011
-Mika said:

Shu probably wanted to join the group because of his love for someone..you got a problem with that? You never experienced anyone going all out for you?

Yeah you can keep on saying fanboys like to ride this show denial doesn't prove your right. Look at all the poll votes, are you saying the majority of viewers are hardcore fanboys? So keep telling yourself that you might believe it soon.
Jan 1, 2012 12:34 AM
Dec 2011
Perfect timing before I sleep and after this eroge,
No, the way you d-ride the show. Maybe, if you would stop attempting failing to defend the show you wouldn't be a fanboy. You defend the dumbest shit ever. Not going to get into an argument over this. No point in trying to explain an ignorant 5 year old.

I have read the past few discussions. Counter my argument on what Shu did was realistic, about the terrorist stuff. Though you'll probably ignore it like every other post.

Uhh, don't care about Bielski or whatever, it doesn't make Gai a good character. Hmm, pretty sure Lelouch x Shirley and Lelouch x C.C., even Lelouch x Euphy could have happened, and he hadn't used geass on any of them. Inori being a clone hasn't been confirmed yet, though she might probably be.

thekiller99 said:
-Mika said:

Shu probably wanted to join the group because of his love for someone..you got a problem with that? You never experienced anyone going all out for you?

Yeah you can keep on saying fanboys like to ride this show denial doesn't prove your right. Look at all the poll votes, are you saying the majority of viewers are hardcore fanboys? So keep telling yourself that you might believe it soon.

Don't even know where to start. Uhhm, I'm pretty sure I've talked/hung out with more girls than you every will, you're the one starting this into a personal insult. Pretty sure I just went out with one +2 of her friends on [Christmas Day] for 9 hours, you can go ahead and look up my comments on other people's profiles about me talking about it last week. Feel free to Skype me. Don't think you've had a relationship outside of your family with the childish tone you've got. I can actually just go ahead and compare our text message history, if you care.

Though I don't think anyone's honestly gone head over heels for me, truthfully. I'm still a Freshman, love is still young.

Off topic with that post, but Shu's love for Inori? It was one sided. She openly admitted it to him, yet he still stays. Not a real motive.

Last thing, I'm not saying fanboys are d-riding this show. You are.
-MikaJan 1, 2012 12:53 AM
Jan 1, 2012 1:28 AM

Dec 2009
It's still hilarious when every single one of the discussion threads go to insulting and crying about eachother. oh the haters and the fanboys -_-'
Jan 1, 2012 1:29 AM

Jun 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
It's still hilarious when every single one of the discussion threads go to insulting and crying about eachother. oh the haters and the fanboys -_-'

Anime is serious business to some.
Way too serious.
Jan 1, 2012 8:46 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah... You know what? Shu is somewhat realistic I suppose, probably the most in the series for a character with social disorder. And to Mika, I can't remember exactly WHY he joined, but I think it has to do with him having that ability, Void Genome, and GHQ coming after him.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 2, 2012 12:56 AM
Apr 2011
aiiiii so much happening and so many questions. i don't really get what just happened but wow this episode reminded me why i love the anime so much. i hope they reveal who inori really is soon and why she can do everything and answer all my other questions.
Jan 2, 2012 7:35 AM

May 2011
Inori's mystery just keeps growing.

Who the hell is that guy and wtf hes got the King's power as well. And what the hell is that Keido trying to do? Shit is getting intenseeee.
Jan 2, 2012 8:50 AM
Dec 2009
Naxrrhid said:
It took Shu 11 episodes to finally turn into an MC i can watch...., 10 episodes too late imho, but better late than never. it was almost unbearable to watch him. Thank god he changed.

For some reason after watching Mirai Nikki I have developed a certain tolerance to annoying male leads.

No one will ever be as annoying as Amano Yukiteru
Jan 2, 2012 10:44 AM

Aug 2010
KingOfNoodles said:
Naxrrhid said:
It took Shu 11 episodes to finally turn into an MC i can watch...., 10 episodes too late imho, but better late than never. it was almost unbearable to watch him. Thank god he changed.

For some reason after watching Mirai Nikki I have developed a certain tolerance to annoying male leads.

Try Shinji Hikari
Jan 2, 2012 11:05 AM

Sep 2010
nedstark1990 said:
KingOfNoodles said:
Naxrrhid said:

Try Shinji Hikari
I'd say Makoto Itou from School Days, he's really terrible hence why he's annoying.
Jan 2, 2012 4:11 PM

Sep 2011
Eh, I guess Yukiteru is annoying, but I did feel sympathy for him(at the end of the series). I can't say that I hate him. mainly because the people surrounding him are crazy bastards/bitches.

Shinji Ikari is actually what inspired all these annoying leads, at lead I am VERY sure he did have something to do with these waves(what is this season, trying to repeat Evangelion?) of Protagonists. They really reflect the worst part of ourselves.

IMO, they are doing the main character wrong if they are trying to make us sympathize with them, and like them. The main character is THE MOST IMPORTANT character in the series, and usually the series would be more entertaining the better the main character is. Those characters is just like giving us a food with a horrible taste that everyone hates, then saying "Sorry about that, but this is what I really meant to give you" and then handling us something sweet. It feels like they set your neutral opinion from the beginning of the series to as low as Mariana Trench then attempt to make up for it by showing us some good sides. Usually those good sides aren't good enough for make them up(Simon is a successful example )
Jan 2, 2012 5:57 PM
Jan 2012
First of all this episode was amazing! I cant wait for the next one!

I cant believe how many haters this show has, in my opinion this is one of the best anime's i've seen so far, although it may have its faults, character development and that sh!t but mainly because its been rushed and due to the fact it has 26 episodes, there are ALOT of characters and also 2 producers.

This anime is different, you also need to use your brain to understand it sometimes, most of these type of anime will tell you the plot in the first episode, which is boring, this one gives it to you episode by episode, it also has a sense of mystery, unanswered questions... well if you stop complaining and watch it till the end, you certainly will get them answered. This show has cliff hangers in every, doesn't it excite you, leaving you wanting more? Facepalms like wen shu shows his coward side -_- Shocks like when Gai saved Shu from the blonde haired kid, its so intense!

-Mika said:

He is realistic, wouldn't you do anything for the person you love? and even if you get rejected wouldn't you try harder? and after joining it he even asked her to leave with him? and if you really think about it who are the bad guys in this anime? they only said they were a terrorist organisation to get publicity and exert their existence, they certainly dont like act like one, more like a big family wanting to protect Japan from GHQ

Btw Yahiro hasnt forgiven shu, he sees his brother in shu meaning they are similar, and shu done yahiro a favour of killing his brother, he was already dying and he attempted to kill himself, this wasnt really explained because it was rushed... im to tired to type, im going bed :P
Jan 2, 2012 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:

This anime is different, you also need to use your brain to understand it sometimes, most of these type of anime will tell you the plot in the first episode, which is boring, this one gives it to you episode by episode, it also has a sense of mystery, unanswered questions...

IF this was Steins;Gate or similar, and uses actual facts, I would acknowledges this as a point. But it's not. Everything in this series is fictional. The mecha, disease, special weapon, special power, all of them are made up. So how are we suppose to use our brains to understand it if it doesn't explain anything?

And also, introducing so many characters is the WRONG thing to do. It reduces the overall quality of the series. You just joined today, so I am sure you have a lot of anime that you have yet to add. But one of the best you have seen? Hmm, I see.

Shu is realistic, but the reason why he "fell in love" is not. He basically just want to have sex, there has been bar none interaction betweeen Inori and Shu. She's like the Zelda of this series. She's hardly a character, Shu just want to have sex with her(of course, most people would). But to our point of view she might as well as be a doll. Hare hell even Ayase interacted with his heart more

You acknowledged it lacks character development, it is a HUGE flaw for a series to have if that's the case. I means we don't give a damn about the characters, only their exterior appearance. See how AnoHana managed to touch everyone's hearts? That's why character development is important, and Shu is the only one getting a half-assed development
Jan 2, 2012 9:51 PM
Jan 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:

This anime is different, you also need to use your brain to understand it sometimes, most of these type of anime will tell you the plot in the first episode, which is boring, this one gives it to you episode by episode, it also has a sense of mystery, unanswered questions...

IF this was Steins;Gate or similar, and uses actual facts, I would acknowledges this as a point. But it's not. Everything in this series is fictional. The mecha, disease, special weapon, special power, all of them are made up. So how are we suppose to use our brains to understand it if it doesn't explain anything?

And also, introducing so many characters is the WRONG thing to do. It reduces the overall quality of the series. You just joined today, so I am sure you have a lot of anime that you have yet to add. But one of the best you have seen? Hmm, I see.

Shu is realistic, but the reason why he "fell in love" is not. He basically just want to have sex, there has been bar none interaction betweeen Inori and Shu. She's like the Zelda of this series. She's hardly a character, Shu just want to have sex with her(of course, most people would). But to our point of view she might as well as be a doll. Hare hell even Ayase interacted with his heart more

You acknowledged it lacks character development, it is a HUGE flaw for a series to have if that's the case. I means we don't give a damn about the characters, only their exterior appearance. See how AnoHana managed to touch everyone's hearts? That's why character development is important, and Shu is the only one getting a half-assed development

Do you really believe a time machine can be made in reality? it may use facts, but are you really implying you can create a time machine? GC is like a book, you need to read all of it until you understand the whole story right? theres still another 11 episodes to go.

What do you want me to explain? ill tell you most of the things?

Right now there are 3 different catogories of characters, school, GHQ and Funeral Parlor, i do admit this anime is rushed, there no development in characters, but try to understand they only planned for 22 episodes, but they used voids in a smart way, even though we dont get to know the actual character, we can see what they are like, eg Hare we havent seen her in dept but we know shes a very kind person the denotation of her void(bandage) can symbolise nurses...

IMO Code Geass is actually the best, but this one has potential to be better.

So your saying Love at first sight doesn't exsist? Romeo and Juilet is a perfect example of it until they died -_-. What your talking about isnt love, its lust. Inori is showing affection back and this is different from, i think episode 3 or 4, even Gai can notice it now, "You choose him too"....

Shu is the main protagonist, doesn't he deserve the spotlight? Gai even had his moments and he is a main aswell. Not all the characters need to be developped, the supporting ones are like fodder ninja in Naruto and even Code Geass had some characters like this, but atleast these ones have names, i havent seen Anohana but does it relate to this genre type? Does an anime have to 'touch' someones heart to be really good? you say shu is only getting half assed development but arn't we just half into the anime?
Jan 3, 2012 3:07 AM

Jul 2011
GodlyKyon´s post was easy to misunderstand, so I´ll try to make things clear:

- He used Steins;Gate as a example because both fall in the sci-fi category. The first show, even if unrealistic at some parts (like the time machine thing you mentioned), they gave us some logical (scientifical?) explanation of certain things to make more sense. That´s what HARDLY is happening in Guilty Crown: it´s only been showing "cool" stuff but it´s not explaining how it happened nor how it works, like why Hare´s Void can fix things, or why the disease affect some people while giving them the ability to see Voids, or WHAT are Voids to begin with (instead of all the "people´s hearts" half assed excuse they have been giving us since the 3nd episode), to sum some examples; if it was a fantasy anime it would be more excusable, but sci-fi shows have to provide some logic, even if it leads to suspension of disbelief...

- Secondly, while Shu X Inori might be love at first sight (after all, each time they see each other they go "Shu~!" "Inori!!") instead of some lust, it doesn´t change the fact that is extremely forced and boring. Plus, being uninterested and undeveloped characters make us care less about their relationship. Heck! They hardly interact at all!!

- Thirdly and finally, "they only planned 22 episodes" is not a very good excuse to forgive the staff for what they have been doing until now:

1) It´s being produced by Production I.G., a very respectable anime studio, with high production values (as shown in animation and music), with a good portion of the staff having worked previously in succesful series (like Code Geass), and in their interviews they have been claiming promising things.

2) Of all the programmming block(s) they could have gone to, it was decided to be aired in noitaminA, a FujiTV one with very strict policies. The "only 11 episodes" is one of the most infamous, because there were shows that had HUGE potential to be succesful and worth mentioning titles, but struggled badly and failed (No.6 and [C] are one of the saddest examples). And here we have Guilty Crown, which was allowed the double of episodes.
And this is what "haters" have been seeing:

- Cliches and fanservice, plus most (if not all of them) are poorly executed
- A very promising premise destroyed by bad script and direction. There are things that don´t make sense or are horribly executed while giving us the (almost infuriating at this point) "Just use your brain to grasp the distractions we are giving you in order not to realise our plot holes, laziness in the script and the fact we have been using terrible directors PER episode".
- Nothing "original", just elements, terms and moments that have been used BETTER in other animes, which leads to the blatant rip-off comments we have been seeing in this forum.
- Terrible characters that nobody gives a damn about
- And several other bad sides that counteract the good ones...

Basically, they are wasting misusing episodes, money and watchers´ time when all those values could have been used better with some seriousness by the part of the staff, or by transferring them to an anime that really deserves it.

I really wanted to like Guilty Crown, and was willing to forgive the first 3 episodes flaws, I wanted to defend this show and have interesting discussions, but most theories I made were brought down by something inconsistent and/or stupid, and there´s hardly something that can be taken seriously. Plus those issues mentioned above doesn´t help much to improve my opinion about this series. :-/
Hopefully it shall get better and give us an explanation, but the "haters"´ thoughts are set, and they are not unfounded...
Karura_JiinsaruJan 3, 2012 5:22 AM
Jan 3, 2012 3:27 AM

Aug 2010
A good episode, with Shu (hopefully for the last time) making his decision to help the Undertakers. Great visuals and OST, nice fights 5/5.

Segai earned a few extra points for killing Dan.
Jan 3, 2012 7:40 AM

Feb 2011
as i thought
shu will not get inori

now we gonna wait til 13 January 2012
nice
Jan 3, 2012 10:59 AM
Mar 2009
WOW. And here I thought the woman sleeping with Daryl's dad had ulterior motives and would fit into the plot somehow. Nope, chuck testa. She dies. Oh, and goodbye stereotypical American. You were...different.

Shu's confusing me now. He grew balls, he lost them, and now he got them back again! Lolwut? Then all the girls all of a sudden desire him.

Inori's song heals shit. WHAT?!?

Thick eyebrows is the 2nd Void user? And to hell with what the developers and writers said about the Void power's limitations. They said it's based on relationships and I cannot see one with Thick Brows and Inori. Inconsistent idiots.

So the baddies were trying to erect a giant pillar made up from the virus of Lost Christmas? Okay...now you sound like Gundam. Well, at least the plot is moving forward. Hoping it doesn't slam into another brick wall from here out.
Jan 3, 2012 11:06 AM

Dec 2010
ChronosXIII said:

Shu's confusing me now. He grew balls, he lost them, and now he got them back again! Lolwut? Then all the girls all of a sudden desire him.

It happens a lot in shounen, actually. Moral/despair event horizons, kill the cutie (the cutie being Jun in this case), et cetera et cetera.

[quote[

Just in case, please don't argue realism. Because you'll have a long road ahead of you, because in order to justify forcing realism onto this show you'll have to do it to every other more blatantly unrealistic ones. Trust me, they exist.

Inconsistent idiots.

This I can agree with.
Jan 3, 2012 12:36 PM

May 2011
Lauriet said:

Just in case, please don't argue realism. Because you'll have a long road ahead of you, because in order to justify forcing realism onto this show you'll have to do it to every other more blatantly unrealistic ones. Trust me, they exist.

REALISM?! Realism?! None is looking realism anymore. Only commenting about the script, which is pretty fucking retarded and lazily written.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 3, 2012 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
GodlyKyon´s post was easy to misunderstand, so I´ll try to make things clear:

- He used Steins;Gate as a example because both fall in the sci-fi category. The first show, even if unrealistic at some parts (like the time machine thing you mentioned), they gave us some logical (scientifical?) explanation of certain things to make more sense. That´s what HARDLY is happening in Guilty Crown: it´s only been showing "cool" stuff but it´s not explaining how it happened nor how it works, like why Hare´s Void can fix things, or why the disease affect some people while giving them the ability to see Voids, or WHAT are Voids to begin with (instead of all the "people´s hearts" half assed excuse they have been giving us since the 3nd episode), to sum some examples; if it was a fantasy anime it would be more excusable, but sci-fi shows have to provide some logic, even if it leads to suspension of disbelief...

- Secondly, while Shu X Inori might be love at first sight (after all, each time they see each other they go "Shu~!" "Inori!!") instead of some lust, it doesn´t change the fact that is extremely forced and boring. Plus, being uninterested and undeveloped characters make us care less about their relationship. Heck! They hardly interact at all!!

- Thirdly and finally, "they only planned 22 episodes" is not a very good excuse to forgive the staff for what they have been doing until now:

1) It´s being produced by Production I.G., a very respectable anime studio, with high production values (as shown in animation and music), with a good portion of the staff having worked previously in succesful series (like Code Geass), and in their interviews they have been claiming promising things.

2) Of all the programmming block(s) they could have gone to, it was decided to be aired in noitaminA, a FujiTV one with very strict policies. The "only 11 episodes" is one of the most infamous, because there were shows that had HUGE potential to be succesful and worth mentioning titles, but struggled badly and failed (No.6 and [C] are one of the saddest examples). And here we have Guilty Crown, which was allowed the double of episodes.
And this is what "haters" have been seeing:

- Cliches and fanservice, plus most (if not all of them) are poorly executed
- A very promising premise destroyed by bad script and direction. There are things that don´t make sense or are horribly executed while giving us the (almost infuriating at this point) "Just use your brain to grasp the distractions we are giving you in order not to realise our plot holes, laziness in the script and the fact we have been using terrible directors PER episode".
- Nothing "original", just elements, terms and moments that have been used BETTER in other animes, which leads to the blatant rip-off comments we have been seeing in this forum.
- Terrible characters that nobody gives a damn about
- And several other bad sides that counteract the good ones...

Basically, they are wasting misusing episodes, money and watchers´ time when all those values could have been used better with some seriousness by the part of the staff, or by transferring them to an anime that really deserves it.

I really wanted to like Guilty Crown, and was willing to forgive the first 3 episodes flaws, I wanted to defend this show and have interesting discussions, but most theories I made were brought down by something inconsistent and/or stupid, and there´s hardly something that can be taken seriously. Plus those issues mentioned above doesn´t help much to improve my opinion about this series. :-/
Hopefully it shall get better and give us an explanation, but the "haters"´ thoughts are set, and they are not unfounded...

This, I am not so sure what people misunderstood about my posts, care to elaborate?

You understood me so perfectly, we should get married(This is a joke just in case you can't tell). But seriously, that's what I meant to say, I was pointing out how we can't just "use our brains to figure out" the series' powers and what not if they don't explain shit to us. I have said this before, even science fiction must have it's fundamental principles, or else it's just fantasy. And the InorixShu was so forced that it's unfunny, they barely interacted as well so I concluded "love at first sight" is just them being attracted to each other(argh! I mean It's not making me care one bit abut heir relatioship)/
Jan 4, 2012 6:32 AM

Aug 2010
If Gai dies, I'll probably stop watching this shit.
Signature coming as soon as I get motivation to change it soon
Jan 4, 2012 7:11 PM
Dec 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:
-Mika said:

He is realistic, wouldn't you do anything for the person you love? and even if you get rejected wouldn't you try harder? and after joining it he even asked her to leave with him? and if you really think about it who are the bad guys in this anime? they only said they were a terrorist organisation to get publicity and exert their existence, they certainly dont like act like one, more like a big family wanting to protect Japan from GHQ

Haven't heard of a single high schooler throwing themselves into the middle of war for a girl that rejected him. Have you ever been through high school yet? Many break ups are a result to someone being too clingy. The people who learn to accept people after they're turned down usually happens to people in Anime.

In the end, 9 out of 10 people most likely won't get back together after they've broken up. In this city at least. They're also still considered terrorists. No one, I mean no one would mark themselves as a terrorist to protect someone from a one-sided love. I mean, at first he thought that they'd be together [Shu is a fucking loner] after she said a few words, but after she turned him down, he had no reason to stay. He returned to school and had no motive on helping Gai and the crew but to make himself feel better. If you're talking about being realistic, that wouldn't ever happen in real life. Some people on this forum are basing "realistic" from other anime they've watched [for example, on the topic of being too clingy. If you know someone or has had been in a relationship with someone who is so obsessed with one person you'd understand how annoying it is. It rarely happens, more so often in movies/shows.]
Jan 4, 2012 7:20 PM

Sep 2011
-Mika said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:
-Mika said:

Haven't heard of a single high schooler throwing themselves into the middle of war for a girl that rejected him. Have you ever been through high school yet? Many break ups are a result to someone being too clingy. The people who learn to accept people after they're turned down usually happens to people in Anime.

In the end, 9 out of 10 people most likely won't get back together after they've broken up. In this city at least. They're also still considered terrorists. No one, I mean no one would mark themselves as a terrorist to protect someone from a one-sided love. I mean, at first he thought that they'd be together [Shu is a fucking loner] after she said a few words, but after she turned him down, he had no reason to stay. He returned to school and had no motive on helping Gai and the crew but to make himself feel better. If you're talking about being realistic, that wouldn't ever happen in real life. Some people on this forum are basing "realistic" from other anime they've watched [for example, on the topic of being too clingy. If you know someone or has had been in a relationship with someone who is so obsessed with one person you'd understand how annoying it is. It rarely happens, more so often in movies/shows.]

Have you taken in the fact that Shu is unsociable into account? He probably never been in a relationship
Jan 4, 2012 7:23 PM
Dec 2011
Yeah I did :D "Shu is a fucking loner". It still doesn't justify his actions on becoming a terrorist "realistic". All these kiddies spamming "Have you ever done anything for the person you love?" don't know how relationships work except in slice of life anime.
Jan 4, 2012 9:54 PM

Jul 2011
-Mika said:

Think Shu is realistic to an extent but agree with you about staying. He had no reason to. Such is the way with shit, inconsistent writing, though. She basically tells him she just used him and it ends up being completely ignored.
Jan 5, 2012 12:27 PM
Jan 2012
-Mika said:

I rewatched the first few episodes, i still believe the love at first sight bit, but imo i think he was forced into joining funeral parlor, like when inori got captured, he felt guilty cos he couldn't do anything to stop it, he realised he could at least do something - delivering the test tube, then through unexpected events he gained the power and then, he saw what GHQ did to those innocent people (i just realised how manipulative gai can be, i know he could of saved those people, but he wanted shu to join fp so...) he didnt join then because "he had no motive on helping Gai and the crew but to make himself feel better" and he was scared , then inori joined his school, not to persuade him into joining it but to protect him as yahiro found out, then the forced rejection scene, then ayase told him to try harder and man up, he then made friends at fp and realised that they were a good cause, but from 5-10 inori showed feelings for shu? so basically he was forced into joining through, manipulativeness and unexpected events.
Jan 5, 2012 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
I think there was multiple elements "Forcing" him to join, I think Shu also has a strong sense of Justice, which mixed up makes an idiot
Jan 5, 2012 3:05 PM

May 2011
Shu, like every other "character" in GC, is nothing but a mere tool to script writer. They aren't characters, just personality lacking robots working along the script. Even executed badly, thanks to direction. Oh how hilarious sad it's to see when someone is seriously is trying to defend them and using words like "realistic" when describing them.

Teh pwoerless mhuan mnid ahs lfet me in dseaipr. Of course referring to what was said earlier. ^^;
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 5, 2012 4:18 PM

Sep 2011
Karhu said:
Shu, like every other "character" in GC, is nothing but a mere tool to script writer. They aren't characters, just personality lacking robots working along the script. Even executed badly, thanks to direction. Oh how hilarious sad it's to see when someone is seriously is trying to defend them and using words like "realistic" when describing them.

Teh pwoerless mhuan mnid ahs lfet me in dseaipr. Of course referring to what was said earlier. ^^;

Tis tru, i dun no wut iz going on anemor wid pepoll these dayiz.

Foollee agredf
Jan 5, 2012 4:25 PM

Apr 2010
I'm not sure if I should be proud of being able to understand what you guys just said...
Jan 5, 2012 4:31 PM

Sep 2011
Konekonin said:
seriously, why? if he dies the show will be presented with a plot point that will make the show a way better than it is, ill jus tlist many things that would come out of this

-It would be a wake up call to the cast and really help develope these uneveloped characters

- would produce a interesting plot point of who would lead the group probably shu which could be a interesting development to see unfold

-not a plus but there is NOTHING likable about gai so whats the point ind ropping it if he dies, its like dropping a show for killing off a comic relief character that lasts 2 episodes cause they both have about the same emotional connection

- Its the perfect plot point to make shu stop being so whiney cause now he really is in deep shit

- adds a revenge sub plot, may just be me but i love me some revenge >:) revenge kills are the best kinda kills

i can go on for more if you guys want, the list isnt staggering but it do have more possible routes it could go down

Karhu said:

it makes sense but heres your one flaw with what you said, everything ever in a show is a tool to the script writer no matter what way you look at it, anything in the script is non existant and is controlled by the writer's will, there is no such thing as something that isnt a tool

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 5, 2012 5:52 PM

Apr 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Konekonin said:
seriously, why? if he dies the show will be presented with a plot point that will make the show a way better than it is, ill jus tlist many things that would come out of this

-It would be a wake up call to the cast and really help develope these uneveloped characters

- would produce a interesting plot point of who would lead the group probably shu which could be a interesting development to see unfold

-not a plus but there is NOTHING likable about gai so whats the point ind ropping it if he dies, its like dropping a show for killing off a comic relief character that lasts 2 episodes cause they both have about the same emotional connection

- Its the perfect plot point to make shu stop being so whiney cause now he really is in deep shit

- adds a revenge sub plot, may just be me but i love me some revenge >:) revenge kills are the best kinda kills

i can go on for more if you guys want, the list isnt staggering but it do have more possible routes it could go down

Karhu said:

it makes sense but heres your one flaw with what you said, everything ever in a show is a tool to the script writer no matter what way you look at it, anything in the script is non existant and is controlled by the writer's will, there is no such thing as something that isnt a tool

There's a difference between a good tool (lol what the fuck?) and a shitty tool. Guilty Crown's characters are the latter. They're all so stereotypical and one dimensional. And Inori has no fucking personality, she's just an inflatable sex doll with a good voice.

And Gai is your average bishounen Gary Stu.
Jan 5, 2012 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
Solkiskey said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Konekonin said:

Karhu said:

There's a difference between a good tool (lol what the fuck?) and a shitty tool. Guilty Crown's characters are the latter. They're all so stereotypical and one dimensional. And Inori has no fucking personality, she's just an inflatable sex doll with a good voice.

The character archtypes are horribly done. For popular examples, Inori's type of characters are actually quite popular, sprawn form Rei Ayanami. Gai is just a "badass" bishonen, and I guess Shu's archtype isn't liked really... But he is ok IMO

With all this disliking of Gai, I am almost confirmed on the fact that he is only liked for his looks and he probably has a Fujoshi fanbase as well
Jan 5, 2012 8:01 PM

Oct 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Solkiskey said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Konekonin said:

Karhu said:

The character archtypes are horribly done. For popular examples, Inori's type of characters are actually quite popular, sprawn form Rei Ayanami.
I did not think of it but it might be. However that remains to see if Inori is really who the young girl that was dying was. If she turns out being a clone like Rei. I will personally comment that one on your profile. It all remains to see who is Inori and was she made or a twin of her sister whom died with the virus?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 6, 2012 5:24 AM

Aug 2008
Is it weird to find myself laughing at the robot driving the jeep?

Anyway the animation is really pretty in this episode. That is all.
Jan 6, 2012 6:33 AM

Aug 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Solkiskey said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Konekonin said:

Karhu said:

The character archtypes are horribly done. For popular examples, Inori's type of characters are actually quite popular, sprawn form Rei Ayanami. Gai is just a "badass" bishonen, and I guess Shu's archtype isn't liked really... But he is ok IMO

With all this disliking of Gai, I am almost confirmed on the fact that he is only liked for his looks and he probably has a Fujoshi fanbase as well

Wow, so serious about one small comment...

It's true that there isn't like anything interesting or great in Gai, I do think like that. I don't even like him. He just looks good on the screen. Gosh it's embarassing to admit this. I don't like dropping series, 'cause I'll give them a change to shine, if it happens in the last episode or-what-so-ever. Thought even if he dies, I doubt we'll get rid of him completely. Wow, well that sounds odd. What ever. Can I wash my hands out of this now? :DD
GodlyKyon said:
Solkiskey said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Konekonin said:

Karhu said:

Wow, so serious about such a small comment...

Oh well, it's my fault phrasing it to sound so misleading. Don't get me wrong, I don't even like him. As said, generally speaking GC:s characters are badly done and I do think like that, and it applys on Gai too. At least they don't work.

It's dat hair. Even if Oogumo had that hair and would be on the verge of dying, my reaction would be the same :D

appelsiinimaoJan 6, 2012 7:21 AM
Signature coming as soon as I get motivation to change it soon
Jan 8, 2012 10:17 PM

May 2008
I cant stand the Shu anymore! Did anyone catch the part where Shu was asked by one of his friends "Why are you helping a terrorist organization?" and he responds "Because they make me feel useful." This might not be the exact lines but that was definitely the general idea.

So he is killing people and trying to take down a government because he has attention issues?! He reminds me of those shows who have characters that have been trained to kill all their lives so they have no personality and their sole purpose is to be a tool for the company or person or whatever the show is about. Except the difference between them and Shu is they were trained to kill and be psycho.

I think all the problems with GC stems from the protagonist, Shu. I can't even enjoy the show sometimes because he is soooo stupid and annoying. I feel like this show would be soo much better if they wrote it with a better protagonist. Shu ruins this show for me.
Jan 9, 2012 3:03 AM
Nov 2010
Great animation and great ost, but did they seriously just kill off Dan? He was the only character keeping this show interesting...
Jan 9, 2012 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
Me too i don't want gai die , the undertakers will not do anything without him ,,
cant wait until the episode comes out
To desire some results, one must take actions
Jan 9, 2012 3:41 PM
Jan 2012
To everybody who thinks Gai is dead/dying he is not. Watch the promo for next week please and also, it shows Ouma is going to kick ass and Caterpillar eyebrows is in it as well which means Ouma survives/is left alive for some reason. Also shows the plans and Ouma screaming in his manly voice :D.

Thanks, Tom ;)
Jan 10, 2012 3:01 PM

Sep 2008
There is only 1 thing I remember after watching this episode: It's over 3000!!! xD
Jan 11, 2012 4:56 AM

Sep 2008
Shame on all those stupid haters who miss out on such a deep and emotionally-moving story.
5layerJan 11, 2012 5:01 AM
Jan 13, 2012 2:50 AM

Mar 2008
How the hell did Yahiro become so BFF with Shu? QQ.

Nice song, it made the episode like 10x better. Gai better not be dead or I QQ more.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Jan 14, 2012 3:19 AM

Aug 2011
Inori has dissapeared?? -.-

ok, Shu and Yahiro are friends after Shu killed Yahiro's sister...

Nice episode, but there's a lot of parts without any explication! ¬¬... I'd say the only thing I like very much is the fact Supercell composed the OST... ^^'
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.