Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 14, 2011 10:06 PM

Aug 2008
koleare said:
darkwap said:
Nice colour page with Natsu and Lucy
I seriously gave it a +1 on G+. Wonder where it came from. Was it from a chapter, or just some fanart?

As for the chapter...quite funny on some accounts. The storyline was fragmented though, and I couldn't keep up to the pace. I got it straight on a second read, lol.

I believe those pictures were promotional posters for the new movie.
Nov 15, 2011 9:55 AM

Jun 2008
m4rc0 said:
Well, the fact is that even if Natsu won with plot power ups, those power ups seemed to stay. Everytime friendship or random power up made him win, he actually got stronger.

The others didn't have much of this, but we should assume that they all level up every time they beat a foe. FT isn't the 1st and won't be the last shounen to do this. Hell, even One Piece did that.

One Piece showed the progress more clearly and yes it showed how they gained staff and keep them.
Fairy Tail sucks at showing that and since it is depended on magic power it should have a better system that explains how this magic power increases. Anyway, i have to wonder if we where reading the same manga when you said those powers seem to stay? Especially Natsu seems to not keep anything. This lighting dragon shit is the first time I saw him keep something and it's still badly executed because it makes no sense on why a fire dragon slayer would keep lighting. Where the hell did you saw Natsu keeping something before. He didn't keep shit. If he was keeping those power ups then he should have been like Giltratz about now.
The only characters we saw clear progress is: first most of all Lucy(gaining new spirits and staff) and then Erza with that katana non protective uniform that gives her speed and cutting ability but she was too afraid to use before.
The thing is that the guy beating all the bosses until now is the guy that hasn't showed a clear step of power and just a little more experience shouldn't be enough to render all the magician in the world he currently was useless and being forced to jump 7 years into the future. Mashima made a mess of it by making him beat some guys he was never suppose to have the power to beat making him seem already too powerful for the world he was in.
Nov 15, 2011 10:29 AM

Jul 2008
Nov 15, 2011 3:48 PM

Jul 2009
My guess is that the old lady is a dragon slayer too and Grandine taught her.
Nov 16, 2011 12:08 AM

Mar 2009
Monad said:
m4rc0 said:
So, I know now why Mashima did the timeskip.

The guys at FT were too strong for the other guilds. So he did the timeskip to give the other guilds time to level up. And made them keep their level from 7 years ago so the battles have some danger for them. I mean they had defeated the two strongest dark guilds in the world. Except for Zeref, the dragons and maybe the council or the ten holy mages, nothing could stop them.

Witch makes things even stupider considering the characters didn't really change or got any power-ups. Unlike other shounens we never saw the characters growing in skill and power. All the fights got solved with Natsu pulling temporal power-ups and lucky bunches.
So basically he made the characters wrong in the first place if he needed to pull a time-skip for that. Maybe it was more like a solution to create new enemies that would have trouble explaining their existence otherwise.
But seriously i can write a better stories for Fairy Tail while am in the toilet. Mahima draws nice and with a strong pace but his ability to write a story is low. He needs to realize that and make a partnership with a story writer likes the guys who made Death Note and Bakuman did.

On top of the characters not changing, I find it ridiculous that Mashima brought up the idea of Gildarts becoming Guild Master, and then quickly abandoned it a chapter later. It's almost like he's terrified to take any risk whatsoever. So, yes, the timeskip is simply a way of creating superficial drama between all the guilds. Becoming number one is a weak excuse for a timeskip.

What's funny is how passionate he is about his manga. I mean, the guy's work ethic is something else. He rarely takes breaks, releases color pages and extended chapters just for the hell of it(sometimes even in a row), and his art is consistent for the most part. Problem is, yeah, the guy's not a good writer. You'd think he'd want to actually improve the story based on how passionate he is, but I guess he just lacks the ability. A partnership could improve things, like you said.
Nov 16, 2011 10:11 AM

May 2011
I think we are jumping to conclusions too soon. I'm going to wait it out and give Mashima time to justify his timeskip. Although, at the comment about him being afraid to take any risks, I agree. He is afraid to change this happy feeling he built up until now. However, if anything major happens, it will be later on. Also, he CAN write a good story; Rave. (Yes I said it for the 100th time again, and I will keep on bringing it up)
Nov 19, 2011 5:45 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't write that he keeps the specific power ups, but he levels up every time he beats a boss. He doesn't keep the power he got, but he keeps the level up. And if you think about it carefully, he ate etherion and gained dragonforce, which he keeps using. Also, he seems able to eat different energies now, as seen when he tried to eat lightining agains laxus and then when he managed to do it now.

Before that (not spoiling OP here), you never saw anyone training in OP, except for Zoro. And yet, they all got stronger. It's like this in shounen. You beat an enemy, you level up.

Natsu and the other FT members were too strong for the rest of the world. And for the few that were stronger, they had Gildartz, Laxus and Makarov. And, of course, Natsu's PUOTW (power up of the week).

Oh yeah, and Rave isn't a good story. The plot is as average as FT's.
Nov 25, 2011 6:38 AM
Mar 2011
wait a minute, I'm actually more pissed now about Natsu being able to reuse lightning fire dragon mode but not the god flames
I mean seriously wouldn't it be badass if Natsu could use black fire?
Dec 1, 2011 5:34 AM

Mar 2011
Gildarts is too funny, even when he's not around!

And I 'awww'ed at Wendy n this chapter! She's too cute!
Dec 2, 2011 2:20 PM

Jun 2009
Lol Macao as 4th, then Gildarts as 5th and submitted Makarov as 6th that was a big comedy it feels like I was back in school life.

Why is that Mashima don't want a powerful member in the guild like Gildarts,

Oh so, Wendy mean that the real Dragons can be in human form... or etheral form as a human,, Gah!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 6, 2017 2:28 PM

Feb 2013
Gildarts left and refused to be the master, not cool.
Makarov will continue to be the master.
Mar 15, 2018 11:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Gildartz was the f¡fth master for a minute, enough to reincorporate a Laxus how member and say for say good bye!!! lol
Makarov is the new Guild Master, he is the 6 th Guild Master!!!! kekeke
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aod-kun »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aod-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aod-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aod-kun »»
May 2, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.